Author Topic: International Watch  (Read 286239 times)

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Re: International Watch
« Reply #1680 on: October 15, 2021, 03:01:35 pm »
Klopp has been banging this drum for a year plus. But got shouted down.

that’s exactly what he said today, he’s been going on about it since he got here, but no one listens.

Must drive him up the wall. Not helped by the fact that far too many other managers in the league are just yes men and don't have the guts to go to battle for the players. Once in a while one will speak out and back his frustrations up, but it doesn’t happen anywhere near often enough.

Kloppo is the only one who does it regularly and who cares about these things, but he’s the moaner and whinger  ::)

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #1681 on: October 15, 2021, 03:36:26 pm »
Sports federations areprobably one of the most self-serving and corrupt admistrative organisations in the world. International football ones are undeniably top of the tree. I can only hope they go bankrupt but if they were ever in danger they would always call on a bit of sportswash money to see them through.

I think we are heading for player contracts to have these problems put in print, e.g., you can only attend a certain number of intl matches in specific windows  I can't see clubs accepting this long term.

Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1682 on: October 15, 2021, 05:38:49 pm »
Liverpool send Alisson Becker and Fabinho to Spain to complete Covid-19 quarantine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58928165
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1683 on: October 15, 2021, 09:57:17 pm »
 :wave
Liverpool send Alisson Becker and Fabinho to Spain to complete Covid-19 quarantine

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/58928165

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1684 on: October 15, 2021, 10:02:47 pm »
It's shambolic - but that's CONMEBOL, only topped in terms of outright chancers by CONCACAF. They have played a Copa America in 2015, 2016, 2019 and 2021 and insist on playing 18 rounds of World Cup qualifiers.

3 games in 2 weeks plus international flying is not on.

and FIFA want to have the World Cup every two years. Feck them, FIFA, UEFA and agents.
the clubs, Professional players union should  just say - enough is enough.

I also agree on the Curtis farce with Andorra.

Our club has to get smarter like Fergusson was in his day - he would put his fooft down & just say no.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #1685 on: October 15, 2021, 10:39:37 pm »

I also agree on the Curtis farce with Andorra.

I don't smell any farce...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Brissyred

• RAWK's Great Uncle Google......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1686 on: October 16, 2021, 08:13:54 am »
I think a simple solution would be the federation running the competition has to pay the wages of the players whilst they are on international duty, and cover them for any time they are out when a player gets injured. That would soon knock a big hole in their cash cow.

Offline MdArshad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1687 on: October 16, 2021, 08:54:37 am »
That solution will not work. Guinea and Senegal will never be able to afford calling up Keita and Mane respectively.

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1688 on: October 16, 2021, 11:35:34 pm »
That solution will not work. Guinea and Senegal will never be able to afford calling up Keita and Mane respectively.
That's the whole point, the federation organises the games and makes the money from them, the federation should pay the wages.

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1689 on: October 17, 2021, 09:46:56 am »
That's the whole point, the federation organises the games and makes the money from them, the federation should pay the wages.

I don't know how much you think Senegal or Guinea make from these games but I believe you might need to re-evaluate if you believe this is even remotely possible. Mane's wages are astronomical unless you're an organisation that spins through about Ł500m a year in revenue.

Offline Brissyred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1690 on: October 17, 2021, 12:19:46 pm »
I don't know how much you think Senegal or Guinea make from these games but I believe you might need to re-evaluate if you believe this is even remotely possible. Mane's wages are astronomical unless you're an organisation that spins through about Ł500m a year in revenue.

Senegal or Guinea aren't the ones organising the tournaments, it's the football federations and it's the federations that are making all the money, therefor the federations should foot the bill for the wages.
Like it or not football is big business, how many other big businesses have to give away their top employees for free, multiple times per year, and get them back broken without recompense?

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1691 on: October 21, 2021, 06:01:33 am »
FIFA rules state “players must be released and start travel to their representative team no later than Monday morning the week preceding the week when the relevant final competition starts.” The Confederation of African Football (CAF) says they are following this guidance. “The process and relationship (between clubs, FAs and players) is governed by this,” a CAF spokesperson told The Athletic. Hosts Cameroon kick off the tournament against Burkina Faso on Sunday, January 9, meaning Monday December 27 — 13 days previous — is, by that rationale, the date players will be required to leave their clubs.

Discussions between clubs and national FAs are likely to centre on an interpretation of the rules. The vast majority of nations (20 of the 24) start their tournament between January 10-12th (into the next week) and therefore it could be argued that Monday January 3 is also a reasonable date to report. If, and that’s a big if, that was agreed, then Premier League clubs would be able to select their players for two further games. “Clubs and associations concerned may agree a longer period of release or different arrangements,” is the caveat in the FIFA rules that clubs may lean on.

https://theathletic.com/2891756/2021/10/21/what-afcon-means-for-premier-league-players-and-the-big-december-chelsea-v-liverpool-game/
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #1692 on: October 21, 2021, 09:19:48 am »
27th December, fucking hell! :butt
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1693 on: October 21, 2021, 10:02:11 am »
27th December, fucking hell! :butt
Remember Liverpool plays on Boxing day then also plays 28th, I think they are the only big side to not get at minimum the 48 hours rest. Im guessing Liverpool probably working with 3 national teams to have them go after the Jan 3 weekend Fixtures

Offline Dree

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1694 on: October 21, 2021, 10:45:11 am »
Might as well give City the league if it’s going to be that long, I thought we’d at least keep Salah and Mané for the Chelsea game.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1695 on: October 21, 2021, 12:46:12 pm »
Bit of a nothing article. You can bet our players won’t leave till the latest date possible

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1696 on: October 21, 2021, 01:02:21 pm »
I don't recall players ever leaving that early. Isn't it always after the first league game in the New Year? Obviously with some discussions with the relevant countries, we'll come to an agreement.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1697 on: October 21, 2021, 02:58:06 pm »
The Chelsea game and the Leicester game either side of the tournament are a bit close in terms of what further fixtures it could be affected.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1698 on: October 21, 2021, 03:43:41 pm »
We also play Leicester away on the 28th of December, although I suspect we'll strike a deal with the FAs to let us keep Salah, Mane & Keita for that one as we play on boxing day vs Leeds too.

I doubt either feature for the Chelsea game though.
Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1699 on: October 21, 2021, 04:34:46 pm »
We also play Leicester away on the 28th of December, although I suspect we'll strike a deal with the FAs to let us keep Salah, Mane & Keita for that one as we play on boxing day vs Leeds too.

I doubt either feature for the Chelsea game though.

Yep. The Chelsea game wasnt talked about but I always thought that was a bit dodgy as its not long before the tournament starts.

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1700 on: October 21, 2021, 05:07:44 pm »
We should be able to have them for the Chelsea game its bordering on farce otherwise.

My opinion is international games should not affect club games at all.

I mean if Mo is away for say 4 weeks are they going to pay his salary and give us money for a replacement ??!!

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1701 on: October 21, 2021, 08:04:56 pm »
Wasn't everyone on here saying Salah and Mane were only missing 2 games? Now 4? This could have huge impact on the season. Hopefully Origi is ready
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Online Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1702 on: October 21, 2021, 08:52:47 pm »
Wasn't everyone on here saying Salah and Mane were only missing 2 games? Now 4? This could have huge impact on the season. Hopefully Origi is ready

Leicester is 28th Dec so im guessing they will be available for that.

Chelsea away could be a huge game for us so I hope they play that.

Its bad enough they play this in the season as it is without the potential to miss more games.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1703 on: October 21, 2021, 10:47:15 pm »
FIFA rules state that qualifying clubs can ask for their players to be released on December 27, for a tournament that runs until the second week of February.
Think it's due to this rule so they would miss 4 league games instead of 2.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #1704 on: October 21, 2021, 11:05:03 pm »
Think it's due to this rule so they would miss 4 league games instead of 2.

Much ado about nothing if you ask me. The rule states that they can ask, but they won't, as it would upset their own players first and foremost. This is not a new rule, and yet we never released them two weeks before the opening game. They'll play against Chelsea, no worries.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1705 on: October 22, 2021, 01:58:33 am »
Especially since Chelsea have a few players in the same situation. I can see us going together to the different nations to allow them all to play with that game and then pay for private planes or something to fly them all out to by their training camps.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1706 on: October 22, 2021, 07:23:28 am »
Especially since Chelsea have a few players in the same situation. I can see us going together to the different nations to allow them all to play with that game and then pay for private planes or something to fly them all out to by their training camps.

Tournament is from 9 January to 6 February 2022. Leicester would be an issue if it moved to Red list

Chelsea (3/1) have Edouard Mendy (Senegal) & Hakim Ziyech (Morocco)
Brentford (16/1) are missing Julian Jeanvier (Guinea), Frank Onyeka (Nigeria), Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Ghana)
Crystal Palace (23/1) have Cheikhou Kouyate (Senegal), Jeffrey Schlupp (Ghana), Jordan Ayew (Ghana), Wilfried Zaha (Ivory Coast)
Leicester City (10/2) have Daniel Amartey (Ghana), Nampalys Mendy (Senegal), Wilfred Ndidi (Nigeria).

And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1707 on: October 22, 2021, 08:02:26 am »
Tournament is from 9 January to 6 February 2022. Leicester would be an issue if it moved to Red list

Chelsea (3/1) have Edouard Mendy (Senegal) & Hakim Ziyech (Morocco)
Brentford (16/1) are missing Julian Jeanvier (Guinea), Frank Onyeka (Nigeria), Tariqe Fosu-Henry (Ghana)
Crystal Palace (23/1) have Cheikhou Kouyate (Senegal), Jeffrey Schlupp (Ghana), Jordan Ayew (Ghana), Wilfried Zaha (Ivory Coast)
Leicester City (10/2) have Daniel Amartey (Ghana), Nampalys Mendy (Senegal), Wilfred Ndidi (Nigeria).

So every team we play during this time will have players missing too depending on how far that nation goes in the tournament ?.  So obviously not missing players like Mo Salah but this does ease my concerns a bit.

Online BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #1708 on: October 22, 2021, 10:04:43 am »
So we're hoping Ghana and Nigeria make the semis and Egypt and Senegal don't. :)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1709 on: October 22, 2021, 12:05:36 pm »
So we're hoping Ghana and Nigeria make the semis and Egypt and Senegal don't. :)

I remember the relief the last time they had a winter one and Senegal got knocked out in the semis I think. We struggled without Mané back then (16/17).

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1710 on: October 22, 2021, 12:31:15 pm »
I remember the relief the last time they had a winter one and Senegal got knocked out in the semis I think. We struggled without Mané back then (16/17).

Remember that well, it was an absolutely terrible month for us and a promising season fell apart. Not saying we'd have won the league but if Mane had stayed there's no chance we'd have been scraping fourth place on the last day of the season. As well as that we went out of both cup competitions, Southampton in the league cup semi was very frustrating and Wolves beat us at Anfield.

Mane missed the crucial penalty for Senegal and he was actually crying I think, as sad as it was for him I was just glad to have him back. I fucking hate this competition.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1711 on: October 26, 2021, 02:33:23 pm »
Some talk of AFCON being cancelled. Great if true.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1712 on: October 26, 2021, 02:36:17 pm »
Some talk of AFCON being cancelled. Great if true.

Where's this being reported?  That'd be huge for us.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1713 on: October 26, 2021, 02:37:18 pm »
That would be amazing, please be true!
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1714 on: October 26, 2021, 02:57:08 pm »
By the sounds of it, it's seem like a Cameroon problem? In which case I'd imagine another country will step in and host it, as with the Copa.

So don't get too excited!
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #1715 on: October 26, 2021, 03:12:53 pm »
By the sounds of it, it's seem like a Cameroon problem? In which case I'd imagine another country will step in and host it, as with the Copa.

So don't get too excited!

Infrastructure problems in Cameroon apparently.

If they cancel it, would another nation really be able to step in on such short notice?

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1716 on: October 26, 2021, 03:21:28 pm »
Infrastructure problems in Cameroon apparently.

If they cancel it, would another nation really be able to step in on such short notice?
Happens all the time with AFCON. Equatorial Guinea took over the January 2015 event in November 2014. 
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #1717 on: October 26, 2021, 03:23:20 pm »
Happens all the time with AFCON. Equatorial Guinea took over the January 2015 event in November 2014. 

Well you're certainly a ray of sunshine ;D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1718 on: October 26, 2021, 03:30:39 pm »
Well cheers for pissing on our short-lived bonfire ;D

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #1719 on: October 26, 2021, 03:32:08 pm »
FFS carrot dangled and then snatched away.  Well done.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.