Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 765541 times)

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #4480 on: November 7, 2021, 08:18:44 pm »
he didn't do much wrong to be fair to him, kept the ball moving, made some penetrating runs but he should have fouled on their second goal, he was about to come off, take a damn yellow.
He didn’t much right either. Defensively he’s a non entity, didn’t create a thing, passing in the 70% as usual, and he has the worst shot selection. I just don’t see how people can say he had a good performance because he dribbled a couple of times.

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4481 on: November 7, 2021, 08:25:10 pm »
The problem I have with him in the side is that he seems to be a really poor passer of the ball. He seems to misplace fairly simple short passes and is rarely able to return the ball in a 1-2. I mean he can do these things but it seems the rate of failure is far too high.

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #4482 on: November 7, 2021, 08:26:58 pm »
This dude is done at Liverpool now.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4483 on: November 7, 2021, 08:43:58 pm »

He was miles better than Hendo and Fab today.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #4484 on: November 7, 2021, 08:46:07 pm »
He was miles better than Hendo and Fab today.
This is almost a confirmation that he wasn’t.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #4485 on: November 7, 2021, 08:47:11 pm »
oh ox, i dont know, injury problems has curtailed his game time, he hasn't had a long run in the side you'd want to see to know for sure whether he has it or not, and you know he has talent, but he just doesn't do enough often enough seems to be where we are with it

keita is another one but you see his recent form this season and you really get to see what he can do against utd (terrible team, granted) and you can at least feel if he can stave off injuries (a huge question mark and im not convinced cos of that with keita either) there's a player there worth persevering with

i think im there with ox, i dont see enough out of him to not think we could do better by moving him on and replacing him with someone not injury prone and more consistent in performaces

in a game like today where the star performers aren't hitting the heights you need one of your 'lesser' players to pop up with a goal, or game changing play, with ox that is way too rare an occurence

i know the lad tries and wants it bad but im out now
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4486 on: November 7, 2021, 10:47:34 pm »
He didn’t much right either. Defensively he’s a non entity, didn’t create a thing, passing in the 70% as usual, and he has the worst shot selection. I just don’t see how people can say he had a good performance because he dribbled a couple of times.
Dribbled then lost the ball with an easy pass that was misplaced was the common theme with him today, his desire to stay with his man and throw in a last ditch tackle on their second goal was a joke as soon as he was passed he just stopped running

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4487 on: November 7, 2021, 11:28:42 pm »
Didn't like him laughing and joking with Rice at full time, just lost our unbeaten record FFS.
Rest of his team and us livid and he's pissing around, kind of shit you see from the likes of Pogba.
« Last Edit: November 7, 2021, 11:31:00 pm by lgvkarlos »

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4488 on: November 7, 2021, 11:29:36 pm »

I'm not sure I'd be as knee-jerk about it as that. We've seen many players be written off and make spectacular comebacks. That being said, I do agree that Ox did not do himself any favours at all with a pretty tame performance.

Sadly, he's just well well off the pace. Sometimes I think that he hasn't played much and that his opportunities to start are so limited are such that he's completely out of sync with what the team is actually doing. Hopefully it's just like a dodgy bluetooth thing where it just takes a bit of time to connect but at the moment he's looking like a player we don't need at all.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4489 on: November 7, 2021, 11:33:24 pm »
Didn't like him laughing and joking with Rice at full time, just lost our unbeaten record FFS.
Rest of his team and us livid and he's pissing around, kind of shit you see from the likes of Pogba.

Yeah especially after dropping a 4/10.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4490 on: November 7, 2021, 11:36:28 pm »

That was not a good look. He needs to save that for after the game and not on the pitch, you would almost think he wasn't that bothered. Given that he didn't cover himself in glory you would think he would have at least been annoyed with his own performance.

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #4491 on: November 7, 2021, 11:41:34 pm »
In the summer he needs to take his always injured or coming back from injury decked body to another club.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #4492 on: November 8, 2021, 12:17:32 am »
Thought he looked decent today. His change of pace through the middle adds an extra dimension to our play.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4493 on: November 8, 2021, 12:27:28 am »
Ox was fine today. Probably the best of our midfield 3.  Made some good runs and his passing was better. He was one of the least at fault for me today.

Agree. It doesn't help that both Fabinho and Hendo were incredibly slow in the tempo of their passing. Say what you will about Ox but he doesn't mind taking on a man and letting a shot off. But doing that needs some level of tempo and our passing in midfield was just too slow to make that happen.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4494 on: November 8, 2021, 02:08:40 am »
Agree. It doesn't help that both Fabinho and Hendo were incredibly slow in the tempo of their passing. Say what you will about Ox but he doesn't mind taking on a man and letting a shot off. But doing that needs some level of tempo and our passing in midfield was just too slow to make that happen.

I don't disagree with you here mate but I think that's where Ox isn't a top player. I think his actions are good in isolation and when he pulls it off it makes for good viewing on a showcase reel of his highlights on Youtube. In terms of the team, I think his decision making is poor and we end up sacrificing compactness and shape for that 'extra dimension' which at the moment is generally causing us problems in defence and vulnerability to counterattack rather than providing scoring chances. That being said, both Fab and Hendo were equally guilty of tactically poor 2nd half's in this game also. I think JK even alluded to that in his post-match indicating that our decisions were off in the 2nd half and we ended up giving the ball away in bad positions and that cost us. West Ham, to their credit, Pawson notwithstanding, were clinical and took their chances. At the opposite end, Origi aside, we probably didn't. 

Offline Smudge

• Epic Troll and one hell of a Richarlison...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #4495 on: November 8, 2021, 08:05:50 am »
Garbage. Get rid.
Told you. Post game laughs with Rice too. He should never kick a ball for us again.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4496 on: November 8, 2021, 08:12:25 am »
Told you. Post game laughs with Rice too. He should never kick a ball for us again.

Odd to dig him out after that. Salah, Van Dijk and pretty much every player is seen laughing and jovially talking to other players after the game regardless of whether we have won, drawn or lost.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4497 on: November 8, 2021, 11:03:08 am »
Should have flipped - had Thiago start and ox sub if needed.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4498 on: November 8, 2021, 11:17:38 am »
I'm not sure I'd be as knee-jerk about it as that. We've seen many players be written off and make spectacular comebacks. That being said, I do agree that Ox did not do himself any favours at all with a pretty tame performance.

Sadly, he's just well well off the pace. Sometimes I think that he hasn't played much and that his opportunities to start are so limited are such that he's completely out of sync with what the team is actually doing. Hopefully it's just like a dodgy bluetooth thing where it just takes a bit of time to connect but at the moment he's looking like a player we don't need at all.

He's done little of note for three and a half years - I don't think it's knee jerk at all to suggest he's incredibly lucky to be here and I say that as someone who has defended him in the past.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4499 on: November 8, 2021, 11:22:18 am »
He's done little of note for three and a half years - I don't think it's knee jerk at all to suggest he's incredibly lucky to be here and I say that as someone who has defended him in the past.

Not knee-jerk, just daft.

As with any other players, you take the risks when you give a player a contract. He's not lucky at all, if anything he's unlucky that he's in this position. Just like Sturridge wasn't lucky to be here, or Lallana, or Naby. They're just good players we signed who it has eventually gone badly for due to injuries. It doesn't help anyone to be laying into players like that. People always seem to take it personally when someone like Ox, or the others I've mentioned, get injured or don't play well. He's trying as hard as anyone, you can see it when he plays, and if we're not getting offers for him to move then thats really all we can expect and he deserves credit for that even if its not quite at the standard we'd want him to be at.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4500 on: November 8, 2021, 11:22:41 am »
This is fishing?

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4501 on: November 8, 2021, 05:26:45 pm »

I think the reason he's done little of note is because of injuries. I think he's been unlucky while he's been here because no-one tries to pick up injuries and they don't usually come about through a lack of skill. Had he not got injured all this time and just been poor then absolutely we could say he is just lucky. You could say the same about numerous players who have had their time at LFC complicated by injuries including, ironically, your pseudonym-sake; Lallana.

That being said, even bad luck doesn't stop any player from coming under scrutiny over what they are bringing to the team and Ox is no different. He's had a period of fitness now and he's also starting to get opportunities and the output, I definitely agree here, has been very disappointing.
« Last Edit: November 8, 2021, 05:28:21 pm by mrantarctica »

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #4502 on: November 8, 2021, 06:09:06 pm »
I think the reason he's done little of note is because of injuries. I think he's been unlucky while he's been here because no-one tries to pick up injuries and they don't usually come about through a lack of skill. Had he not got injured all this time and just been poor then absolutely we could say he is just lucky. You could say the same about numerous players who have had their time at LFC complicated by injuries including, ironically, your pseudonym-sake; Lallana.

That being said, even bad luck doesn't stop any player from coming under scrutiny over what they are bringing to the team and Ox is no different. He's had a period of fitness now and he's also starting to get opportunities and the output, I definitely agree here, has been very disappointing.

I'm not sure it's only down to injury. He's been fit for the best part of a year now yet is rarely picked. That suggests the manager doesn't fancy him. Injuries have undoubtedly made him worse as a footballer, but I also think our style has moved away from his and he has struggled to adapt.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #4503 on: November 8, 2021, 08:12:25 pm »
The International break cmes at a perfect time for the Ox. Good recovery. Come back even stronger. He's nearly there. Got to stay healthy. We are going to need him at the top of his game if we wanna win big stuff. Not just him neither
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4504 on: November 8, 2021, 08:13:48 pm »
Actually think he's been playing well recently. Some mistakes like most of the side but for the most part he's positive, looking to drive forward, break the opposition lines, showing for the ball often and getting back defensively too.

Offline blamski

• Main Stander
  • its weird, isn't it?
« Reply #4505 on: November 20, 2021, 07:32:40 pm »
Where's the love for the Ox today? I thought he was excellent. Broke up loads of Arsenal 'attacks', pressed like a maniac, and looked dangerous going forward. A classic Ox performance of the kind we love.

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4506 on: November 20, 2021, 07:33:29 pm »
He was good, especially defensively both in tracking runs and pressing their players.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #4507 on: November 20, 2021, 07:33:34 pm »
Was excellent today. Was the difference to get us on top.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4508 on: November 20, 2021, 07:34:07 pm »
Fantastic game from him, seemed well up for it today.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4509 on: November 20, 2021, 07:35:54 pm »
He was good, especially defensively both in tracking runs and pressing their players.
I too was impressed by his defensive game today. He was OK offensively too, except for not passing that once when he tried to score. Good game from Chambo overall, better than his previous outings. He seems to be right when he said that he needs to play day in and day out to perform better, and (sadly) our injuries would allow for that.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4510 on: November 20, 2021, 07:38:02 pm »
One of his best games for us.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4511 on: November 20, 2021, 07:40:34 pm »
Excellent going forward today but also defensively. Made some key interceptions in midfield and in our box.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #4512 on: November 20, 2021, 08:31:23 pm »
Best game of his in a long while. That block he made on Sako's effort in the first few minutes was key. He ran hard and tackled with intensity, and you could see he was well up for it tonight.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4513 on: November 20, 2021, 08:34:24 pm »
I’m surprised to see so little bumps of the thread - Ox was excellent today. Pressed relentlessly, shackled Smith-Rowe and pushed Arsenal’s midfield deeper than they wanted to operate. He defended well too.

Very good game, felt like he wound the clock back to 2018. He deserves a lot of praise today and hopefully this sets him up to perform like this moving forward.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4514 on: November 20, 2021, 08:47:55 pm »
He was really good today

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4515 on: November 20, 2021, 08:49:24 pm »
Great game from the Ox today ... he needed that! Should give him a ton of confidence moving forward
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4516 on: November 20, 2021, 08:50:31 pm »
He is a great player, buggered by injuries. Here's hoping he can stay fit, as we'll bloody need him.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
« Reply #4517 on: November 20, 2021, 08:54:48 pm »
Would be nice to hear from all those who piled on him back on Nov 7. It's taken a while for him to get up to speed, not surprisingly given the seriousness of his injury, but I'm convinced he's still got plenty to offer this team
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #4518 on: November 20, 2021, 08:55:06 pm »
Fantastic game from him, seemed well up for it today.
Yeah he's stepped up a gear recently. He's getting back to full match fitness and rhythm.
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline richmiller1

• No! We will not let you go, let him go!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4519 on: November 20, 2021, 08:57:16 pm »
Fantastic today in almost every facet of his game. He's something else physically when genuinely fit.