Author Topic: Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain  (Read 765666 times)

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain
« Reply #4280 on: September 13, 2021, 08:56:46 am »
Understandably a bit rusty and playing in a different position to whathe's used to

At what point do you say the rust will not come off?

It was very strange the way he played replacing Jota at the top. First he blocked his team mate and then dribbled out of touch that left Salah/Henderson bewildered. There was one good play from him where he tracked back to tackle.

One positive thing to say is that he tried hard but I struggle to understand his role at the moment.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #4281 on: September 13, 2021, 08:58:46 am »
Main thing is for him to stay fit, then he will get minutes this season...
Hopefully he takes his chances
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4282 on: September 13, 2021, 09:02:43 am »

It was very strange the way he played replacing Jota at the top. First he blocked his team mate and then dribbled out of touch that left Salah/Henderson bewildered. There was one good play from him where he tracked back to tackle.

One positive thing to say is that he tried hard but I struggle to understand his role at the moment.

Think people underestimate how hard it is to play out of position. I keep seeing the blocked cross mentioned but unless my memory has betrayed me, Ox pushed the ball into space, chased it and Mo nicked it off him before the cross :lmao instead of running inside and looking for the pass which IMO was the better option. The dribble out of play was a good piece of play to be honest, overdone at the end but the build up was great ball retention.

Stick Trent CM and he'll likely take a bit of time to get used to being there, this is no different, Ox has never been a striker so he's going to look out of place there for a bit. I think the idea is he presses well, he's strong and explosive and it will push back opposition players opening up space for Mo/Mane/Jota. Add in that he can shoot from distance and it leaves opposition with something to think about

The experiment may not work but he was going to take time to adjust. Still a wonderful player imo just needs some time to get back up to scratch, he's trying hard to impress too, maybe a little too hard but again understandable. There's too much intent to write players off or expect them to instantly impress on here

Online Libertine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing behind me, everything ahead of me
« Reply #4283 on: September 13, 2021, 09:05:31 am »

This is the issue. There's no doubting he's a terrific guy and a footballer with lots of innate talent.

But there always seems to be ready made excuses as to why he is not performing to a certain level, along with the expectation that he will inevitably come good (which seems down more to hope than experience).

Yes, it's difficult to come back after (his many) injuries, and not easy to then have to play in several different roles. But Klopp can't base his selections on what is best for AOC. The chances he gets won't be easy - substitutions like yesterday or starting in widely changed cup teams. But he needs to start grasping these opportunities better to make a case for a more prominent role.

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4284 on: September 13, 2021, 09:06:32 am »
Proper make a wish vibes from him yesterday. Need Firmino back on that bench, if we need a striker. Elliot rightly benched him, now he's got to take his chance in the team. We can't afford passengers challenging for four trophies this season
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #4285 on: September 13, 2021, 09:13:44 am »
Proper make a wish vibes from him yesterday. Need Firmino back on that bench, if we need a striker. Elliot rightly benched him, now he's got to take his chance in the team. We can't afford passengers challenging for four trophies this season

He wasn't a 'passenger' though, he was involved a lot for the short time he was on he just didn't play very well.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4286 on: September 13, 2021, 09:17:56 am »
tough role for him in this squad - and then to play in false 9/no 9 role.
He wanted to play AM or CM for this team - hopefully he gets more chances this season and more  importantly performs to the level required
not easy to be the next  Bobby Firmino or Diogo Jota - but it seems that could be a role for him as sub, we will have to see where he gets selected for League cup match or in a prem match when he starts

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #4287 on: September 13, 2021, 09:26:06 am »
I’ll just go for a slash and then give it some more thought.

A little patience and I'm sure he'll come good.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #4288 on: September 13, 2021, 11:12:44 am »
I actually think him and Jones are the closest in profile to what Harvey was offering on the right of the midfield three. We may revert to Henderson but he doesn't like to sit in little pockets of space and look for little link ups to create overloads, he likes to overlap the man in possession.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #4289 on: September 13, 2021, 11:47:03 am »
I think this will be his last season for us. Not because of how he played yesterday but because we really need a few quality upgrades in midfield and attack next summer and he's just not going to be that player for us. The lad's been unlucky with injuries but at what point do we realize that we're just not going to get the best out of him anymore.

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4290 on: September 13, 2021, 11:50:50 am »
I think this will be his last season for us. Not because of how he played yesterday but because we really need a few quality upgrades in midfield and attack next summer and he's just not going to be that player for us. The lad's been unlucky with injuries but at what point do we realize that we're just not going to get the best out of him anymore.

you could be right.
fortunately or unfortunately for him he has that English born status and is actually very popular in the club.
He could play the role that Milner does in the team - I think both are very difficult to replace in squad with their English born since Brexit and new Prem rules.

who do you replace him with?

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4291 on: September 13, 2021, 11:50:53 am »

Not after a 15 minute cameo when he looked like a new father who's barely had a wink of sleep and barely kicked a ball in a professional game for a few months.

Agree it's something that we (as in the club) will be keeping an eye on, but with the Elliot and Firmino injuries and the schedule from now until February there's no doubt he's getting minutes if fit. Still think he's worthy of a place in this squad and pretty positive about his chances of contributing significantly.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4292 on: September 13, 2021, 11:55:36 am »

I dont think its got anything to do with 'realising that we're just not going to get the best out of him anymore'. I'm sure he's in that group of players (also Phillips, Origi, Minamino, maybe Neco) where we'd be more willing to accept an offer for him than most other players, but if that's not happening then what? He's still a good player so we might as well keep using him until the point comes where we both agree that he continues his career elsewhere.

You can see exactly where its going.... and thats the same way as Lallana and Sturridge. People constantly moaning about him still being here, being on high wages and occasionally bemoaning the club for not getting rid (despite seemingly being little interest in him at any sort of sensible price)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #4293 on: September 13, 2021, 11:58:29 am »

Yeah, for some reason fans are very accepting about Ox performances. It's a bit weird to see all the criticism of Mane and then come in here  :o . I know he's had bad luck with injuries, but I just don't think he's good enough

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #4294 on: September 13, 2021, 12:18:53 pm »
he started the first game so I don't know why there's apparent rust, he played in preseason a lot too.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4295 on: September 13, 2021, 01:29:14 pm »
I actually think him and Jones are the closest in profile to what Harvey was offering on the right of the midfield three. We may revert to Henderson but he doesn't like to sit in little pockets of space and look for little link ups to create overloads, he likes to overlap the man in possession.

Keita for me. He combined well with Salah during our title season.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Online Trump's tiny tiny hands

• Legacy Fan
  • Building steam with a grain of salt
« Reply #4296 on: September 14, 2021, 11:52:11 am »
Keita for me. He combined well with Salah during our title season.

I may be wrong but I think Klopp prefers him on the left, for the Mane link up.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4297 on: September 14, 2021, 01:12:26 pm »
he started the first game so I don't know why there's apparent rust, he played in preseason a lot too.

yup the Norwich performance should’ve really concerned people - he had a full preseason and should’ve excelled against a really poor defensive team and yet he was lost in the match. It’s just one game but it’s been the pattern for him over the last couple of years when we have seen him.
there’s just a lot of evidence now that he’s not at the level he was pre injury, and really how could he be? It sucks to be honest

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4298 on: September 14, 2021, 09:12:27 pm »
The fact that there were no offers for him says it all. On his wages, we’ll struggle to move him on and will have to wait for him to see out his contract. Just a shame that we’re so short that we have to play him. Seems a decent enough lad, just not a very good player *besides a small run of decent games/purple patch once upon a time.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4299 on: September 14, 2021, 09:33:21 pm »
The fact that there were no offers for him says it all. On his wages, we’ll struggle to move him on and will have to wait for him to see out his contract. Just a shame that we’re so short that we have to play him. Seems a decent enough lad, just not a very good player *besides a small run of decent games/purple patch once upon a time.

Playing loosely with the old f word there ;)

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #4300 on: September 14, 2021, 09:56:59 pm »

Before he had a career limiting knee injury.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #4301 on: September 15, 2021, 12:24:08 am »

He was an excellent player pre injury - both as a passer and a ball carrier through midfield, at arsenal and here

Offline 6BigCups

• RAWK Journeyman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4302 on: September 15, 2021, 07:56:42 pm »
He was an excellent player pre injury - both as a passer and a ball carrier through midfield, at arsenal and here

I’ll never forget Leicester away in the cup. I was at the game and it was genuinely one of the worst performances I’ve ever seen from a professional footballer in the flesh.

Truth be told I’ve never been able to move on from that.

Offline Knight

• No one understands football like me.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4303 on: September 15, 2021, 10:02:43 pm »
I don’t know what’s happened to him but he’s nowhere close to the player he was before his injury. It’s such a shame because he was getting better and better in that first season before injury.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #4304 on: September 15, 2021, 10:04:28 pm »
Odd cameo tonight.
No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4305 on: September 15, 2021, 10:05:37 pm »
He's not making the right decisions. To me his current problem is more mental than physical.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #4306 on: September 15, 2021, 10:05:43 pm »
Looked a little like a headless chicken out there, maybe thought there'd be more space than there was at that stage of the game.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4307 on: September 15, 2021, 10:08:28 pm »
Looked better tonight than last time. We were losing some traction last 10 min when we took Naby and Jota off. Think he will start against Norwich and do better.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #4308 on: September 15, 2021, 10:09:53 pm »
I'd rather give Jones those minutes.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #4309 on: September 15, 2021, 10:11:24 pm »
I'd rather give Jones those minutes.

yeah, I defo would like to see more of Jones now coming on during the 2nd half. He’s strong on the ball, skillful, eye for goal. Reckon he’d be a good impact sub more so than Ox.

Offline howes hound

• Legacy Fan
  • underdearm
« Reply #4310 on: September 15, 2021, 10:12:48 pm »
At least he played as if he gave a shit. On Sunday that wasn't the case. One step forward.
"Ders fuck'n arms goin in, ders fuck'n legs goin in, ders de 'ole fuck'n yuman fuck'n body goin in."  - expression of admiration from kopite behind me, Leeds v. L'pool, late '60s.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #4311 on: September 15, 2021, 10:22:31 pm »
At least he played as if he gave a shit. On Sunday that wasn't the case. One step forward.
he gives a shit every time he plays, but his approach to the game seems to not be in tune with the rest. takes the ball, dribbles in a good position, then goes to a dead end street falls and pleads with the ref for a foul... I did not like that one bit. Giving ther minutes to Curtis is a good shout. He too can drive the ball to a dead end, but he picks himself  up and tries to win it back right away.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Angelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4312 on: September 15, 2021, 10:30:54 pm »
It feels like he's just trying too hard with the few minutes he's getting. I feel like he needs extended minutes to get into form, which he just might not get here. Hopefully there is a change in his fortunes because the problem seems more mental than physical.

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4313 on: September 15, 2021, 10:37:24 pm »
A step up from his cameo at Leeds, but he still forces everything way too much and his decision making is quite poor. Hopefully he'll be able to build up his confidence a bit and start picking his spots.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #4314 on: September 16, 2021, 09:40:20 am »
He is trying too hard and seems to constantly make the wrong decisions unlike Curtis. Let's see how he gets on as the season goes on, just gotta hope it clicks for him
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4315 on: September 16, 2021, 09:43:11 am »
He is trying too hard and seems to constantly make the wrong decisions unlike Curtis. Let's see how he gets on as the season goes on, just gotta hope it clicks for him

Spot on. I think the Norwich game [assuming he starts there] is probably just what he needs as he needs to slow the fuck down, mentally speaking. It's like the ball is a bomb and he's doing everything with it in a rush.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4316 on: September 16, 2021, 09:43:31 am »
I think it would will do him a lot of good to play in a game for more then 10-15 Minutes. I don't think it will be at the weekend but the League Cup game would expect him to start and possibly play the whole game.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4317 on: September 16, 2021, 09:50:39 am »
Spot on. I think the Norwich game [assuming he starts there] is probably just what he needs as he needs to slow the fuck down, mentally speaking. It's like the ball is a bomb and he's doing everything with it in a rush.
I'll admit, his last 2 cameos have frustrated me a bit but it looks like he's trying too hard.
Almost like he knows he's been out injured and is desperate to play his part and show his worth so he forces it. But he forces it at times when the team just need him to keep hold of it.

I think in that group of players, the pressure that individuals must put themselves under to feel as though they've contributed and are worth a place in the squad must be huge.

Hopefully a full game v Norwich will help.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4318 on: September 16, 2021, 09:54:28 am »
I'll admit, his last 2 cameos have frustrated me a bit but it looks like he's trying too hard.
Almost like he knows he's been out injured and is desperate to play his part and show his worth so he forces it. But he forces it at times when the team just need him to keep hold of it.

I think in that group of players, the pressure that individuals must put themselves under to feel as though they've contributed and are worth a place in the squad must be huge.

Hopefully a full game v Norwich will help.

Yeah and he's had patchy appearances across the last couple of seasons and, again, he's trying to force it presumably now he's feel fit. I really like him as a player and him recapturing his pre-injury form from that 17/18 season would make him an unreal asset to this team. I'd like to think at 28 that's still possible for him.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4319 on: September 16, 2021, 09:56:41 am »
He’s fighting for his Anfield career and he knows it. Otherwise its a step or two down after us, and he has his old mate Wilshere as the cautionary tale.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg