Author Topic: The Athletic  (Read 25309 times)

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Athletic
« Reply #240 on: September 15, 2023, 01:18:19 pm »
Klopp is really sick of James Pearce, that’s what I am getting again from his press conferneces :lmao  Diggint at him again today, some comment about ‘sources’, seems to suggest he makes a lot of shit up? But we know that anyway....

:lmao
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #241 on: September 15, 2023, 01:41:29 pm »
I've never found Hughes or Pearce to be 'disgraceful' or 'constantly attacking the club'. Both descriptions seem just a BIT sensationalist.

Disgraceful is a fair description about that recent article over the Academy player.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #242 on: September 15, 2023, 02:00:02 pm »
I've never found Hughes or Pearce to be 'disgraceful' or 'constantly attacking the club'. Both descriptions seem just a BIT sensationalist.

It's the making up of stuff that is the biggest issue with them I’d suggest.

Athletic has found itself quite the niche of being able to make up long articles and be taken absolutely seriously, due in part to the style of writing and just the actual look of the publication.  Just have to see the one today about the transfer dealings to see that it gets taken very seriously. If these articles people like Pearce and Hughes write where published in a tabloid and written in different more gimmicky sensationalist style, they’d be disgarded as a load of made up rubbish.