Author Topic: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time  (Read 108834 times)

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
Re: Fulham 1-0 Liverpool: Full time
« Reply #680 on: December 5, 2011, 11:15:07 pm »
A couple of more dropped points and the owners will may feel the need to secure their investment?

A couple more dropped points and the owners may start to question how well the money has been spent. JH has already said missing out on CL football will be a massive disappointment....I'd take nothing for granted.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #681 on: December 5, 2011, 11:15:26 pm »
What a bunch on drama queens.

Yep, after countless replays and people drawing thick yellow lines, or thin red lines, Suarez was just about onside, or maybe just offside - even now people can't agree. How the fuck anyone expects a linesman to call those right every time is beyond me. It will keep happening until they bring in video replays - and in situations like this, they'd still be watching it now.

The performance was decent tonight; not top drawer, but some nice movement, decent chances, but Fulham had 14 shots on target (according to BBC). It was a game that could have gone either way, and it didn't go ours tonight. There doesn't have to be a reason for every failure, a scapegoat for every defeat. Sometimes things go against you, and sometimes they go for you. That's life.

The difference between winning the league and struggling to 4th/5th is about stacking the odds in your favour, battling for everything, putting chances away, not allowing a team 14 shots on target. We're not always capable of doing that, and tonight was an example

How can you expect linesmen to call them right "every time"  :lmao

We can't blame the officials for not creating or scoring enough but fookin hell they do need to improve. It seems never a weekend goes by without key decisions in games being called wrong. Watched minimal football this weekend but I've seen the Cahill sending off which was feeble. The Luiz decision which was also appalling.

Bollocks to this evening itself out over a season because it certainly ain't for us!

Offline Robbie_9

• Legacy Fan
  • God is a Red.
« Reply #682 on: December 5, 2011, 11:15:33 pm »
One thing I have noticed is that Andy is good player. Good in the air and good with his feet. He doesn't however fit the way we play.

He likes to play back to goal slowing things up while support arrives. Thats not how we play. We play on the counter attack where pace is essential.
"The most important people at the club are the people that want to be here"
Kenny Dalglish

★  ★  ★  ★  ★

Offline SuperBario

• Main Stander
  • Internet Terrorist (Retired)
« Reply #683 on: December 5, 2011, 11:15:57 pm »
Just back from the game.

Massively disappointing, but I always enjoy the game at The Cottage.

My main impression is that we miss Lucas. Without him the game was never controlled and our attacking threat was countered by a permeable midfield and exposed defenders.

Charlie Adam impressed, however, as did Daniel Agger and Jose Enrique. Carrol was inept today, but Suarez was great to see up close. Like a footballing Ram-man.

Goal poacher and water-carrier needed urgently.

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
« Reply #684 on: December 5, 2011, 11:15:58 pm »
Really?
If the price was right why not?
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #685 on: December 5, 2011, 11:16:13 pm »
I think the general rule is that you have to dismiss the achievements of other strikers, ones who don't play for us, and simply plough ahead with defending everything we do, then laugh at anyone who suggests a player who doesn't play for us is a decent goalscorer compared to someone who cost £35m more and doesn't actually score.

Something like that anyway, I'm still learning.

Thats my understanding on it also.

I still get confused.
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Online keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #686 on: December 5, 2011, 11:16:20 pm »
Don't understand why people fear a lack of investment, if we need money, we'll get it, owners have made it clear on that front.

Yeah they have done but they're hardly going to be impressed with Carroll & Downing's return so far and that's £55m. Adam, Henderson, Enrique & Bellamy have all been successful signings. The owners want success as much as Kenny does but they also want a return on their investments. Carroll & Downing really need to prove themselves over the winter period.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Thiago

• Legacy Fan
  • Knows more than you
« Reply #687 on: December 5, 2011, 11:16:37 pm »

Will never, ever, ever, ever happen.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #688 on: December 5, 2011, 11:16:56 pm »
People are clearly disappointed and frustrated. What is the point of comments like that? Do you think their opinions are suddenly going to change?

The point is some people will never be happy whether we win or lose. Often it is the same people, always feel they have to have a little dig. What frustrates me about you and some others, are that you find it hard to accept that other people have different opinions to yourself. If they do, before long you on here accusing them of being super fans blah, blah. At the end of the day we are all frustrated by the result tonight, but I'm damned if I am throwing in the towel, even if the odds maybe are against us. 
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Redallover11

• Just behind Red Al Lover Number Ten in the Red Al Lover Queue
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #689 on: December 5, 2011, 11:16:57 pm »
Didn't see the game yet. Definitely want to see it though.
Looking a the offside images that to me is going to be given 50%of the time. Over the course of the season, they usually even out. Just look at Sunderland  wolves game for a terrible off side decision being given, we are talking two yards there. Very little recourse to that until video replay comes in.

I'm gutted. Shocked when I logged on to see the result. I'm like ah for fuck's sake. What happened? It's never an easy place to go but after such good results, such a downer.

What did Kenny say after?

Offline Sinead7

• Many hands make brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Our revenge will be the laughter of our children
« Reply #690 on: December 5, 2011, 11:17:18 pm »
I totally agree with you that we need a striker, I just don't think that the wage thief Adebayor is the answer, misses far too many chances (which in my eyes is the opposite of clinical).

Fair enough, but I would give a shite how many shots our players missed if they score 7 and assisted 6 in 11 games.
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #691 on: December 5, 2011, 11:17:22 pm »

Higuain playing regularly for Real Madrid and scoring so many goals, why would he leave?

Offline simesy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #692 on: December 5, 2011, 11:17:30 pm »
I thought Adam was poor, his positional play and the way he just allowed Dembele and others to keep running past him was a worry.
Spot on.When he lost the ball he couldn't recover and keep up.Add to that jay who always looks busy but was innefective tonite.You could have driven a bus through our midfield at times.Only one of the three weho performed really well was hendo.
When you're in the penalty area & dont know what to do with the ball, stick it in the net & we'll discuss the options later"  Bob Paisley

Offline Sammy5IsAlive

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #693 on: December 5, 2011, 11:17:58 pm »
How can you expect linesmen to call them right "every time"  :lmao

We can't blame the officials for not creating or scoring enough but fookin hell they do need to improve. It seems never a weekend goes by without key decisions in games being called wrong. Watched minimal football this weekend but I've seen the Cahill sending off which was feeble. The Luiz decision which was also appalling.

Bollocks to this evening itself out over a season because it certainly ain't for us!

Tbf the sending off is the very definition of evening itself out. It was an almost identical situation to the Rodwell sending off where the player flung himself into an honest attempt to win the ball, got the ball first and then caught the man second. The subsequent sending off then changed the game.

Offline Sinead7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #694 on: December 5, 2011, 11:18:00 pm »
Well thats not very clinical  :)

Sorry...53 ;)
Trapps Army 2012

Offline Hop

• Anny Roader
« Reply #695 on: December 5, 2011, 11:18:27 pm »
We still have a great chance of finishing 4th, we are only 5 points off for fucks sake.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #696 on: December 5, 2011, 11:18:34 pm »
Grow up mate.

Spearing used 'excessive force' did he? Used to be called winning the ball but it's a fucking tart's game now.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #697 on: December 5, 2011, 11:18:44 pm »
Don't understand why people fear a lack of investment, if we need money, we'll get it, owners have made it clear on that front.
No one could blame them for wanting to see a return on the investment they have made so far before shelling out more.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #698 on: December 5, 2011, 11:18:57 pm »
well you have a point if you're looking strictly at the numbers but the impact he has on the overall game compensates for the lack of goals. He creates so much that it's nreal. Pure quality.
It doesn't though does it really? It's nice that he's unreal and that we're creating loads of chances but the fact is he doesn't actually have many assists either. Like I say, he's being outperformed by comparable rivals, and you only need look at our 'goals scored' column and the number of points we have so far to see that his 'overall impact' while undoubtedly excellent, isn't, in fact, an adequate substitute for actually creating and scoring goals.

Of course, that isn't all his fault by any means, less his fault than it is others, and as I said earlier I think Suarez would improve a lot if there weren't so much pressure on him. Finishing-wise he strikes me as a player who isn't at his best when the spotlight's all on him. Get one or two others in there scoring and he doesn't feel so much pressure to do it all himself, and I think he'd be a bit more composed, a bit calmer, make better decisions and finish/set up more as a result.

He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #699 on: December 5, 2011, 11:19:03 pm »
We've been a fucking work in progress for 20 years mate, they built the Anglican cathedral quicker....

I reckon we've had a loan of Man Utd's 26 year transitional period. Only 4 more years to go! GET IN!
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
« Reply #700 on: December 5, 2011, 11:19:06 pm »
Higuain playing regularly for Real Madrid and scoring so many goals, why would he leave?

May not be his choice you know what they're like in Madrid
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Offline red tower

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #701 on: December 5, 2011, 11:19:51 pm »
My main impression is that we miss Lucas. Without him the game was never controlled and our attacking threat was countered by a permeable midfield and exposed defenders.

spot on mate, my worst fears were confirmed tonight, but then again, how does anyone manage to replace Lucas Leiva!!!

Offline Sinead7

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #702 on: December 5, 2011, 11:20:28 pm »
We still have a great chance of finishing 4th, we are only 5 points off for fucks sake.

And Chelsea and Arsenal still have to play City and we still have to play Newcastle.
Trapps Army 2012

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #703 on: December 5, 2011, 11:20:48 pm »
this current liverpool team lacks goals

thats a big worry

I agree, I have been saying for a while that we lack composure in front of goal. I do think a few of our players could score more goals then they do, and hopefully Kenny will get to the bottom as to why they freeze during a match.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #704 on: December 5, 2011, 11:20:57 pm »
It's clearly level. It's not even a debate.
As I said earlier, there's a ref on TTT who goes over these decision, he's talked about the 'level' thing before, and actually it isn't level if any part of the striker is ahead of the defender. Looking at those pics, it seems pretty clear that parts of Suarez are ahead of Senderos, which means it's offside.

There is no 'benefit of the doubt' rule either, which I know you haven't mentioned but which others have. It's one of those rules in football that is actually pretty black and white. Like in horse racing if you're ahead by a nose you're still ahead, which means you're offside.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #705 on: December 5, 2011, 11:20:59 pm »
Spearing used 'excessive force' did he? Used to be called winning the ball but it's a fucking tart's game now.
Agree. But your multi-million brands like Cristiano Ronaldho need to be protected. Fifa always happy to oblige commercial interests.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #706 on: December 5, 2011, 11:21:18 pm »
Charlim Adam is no better than Danny Murphy.

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #707 on: December 5, 2011, 11:21:53 pm »

Sure, but we really need our attacking players to produce. It's not just about investments. We have bought players, mainly attacking players, for close to 100M and our weak spot is in attack. This is a real issue and the answer is not just to buy. We need our current players to perform. Who can step up and deliver? Maxi can take his hand down. Any other takers?

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Billman

• Anny Roader
« Reply #708 on: December 5, 2011, 11:22:04 pm »
Played 13 Won 6 Drawn 5 Lost 2 For 17 Against 12

Feel really vexed, think there's plenty of fight left in this team but the stats need to change before a complex sets in.

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #709 on: December 5, 2011, 11:22:18 pm »
Charlim Adam is no better than Danny Murphy.

Fishing?
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #710 on: December 5, 2011, 11:22:22 pm »
It doesn't though does it really? It's nice that he's unreal and that we're creating loads of chances but the fact is he doesn't actually have many assists either. Like I say, he's being outperformed by comparable rivals, and you only need look at our 'goals scored' column and the number of points we have so far to see that his 'overall impact' while undoubtedly excellent, isn't, in fact, an adequate substitute for actually creating and scoring goals.

Of course, that isn't all his fault by any means, less his fault than it is others, and as I said earlier I think Suarez would improve a lot if there weren't so much pressure on him. Finishing-wise he strikes me as a player who isn't at his best when the spotlight's all on him. Get one or two others in there scoring and he doesn't feel so much pressure to do it all himself, and I think he'd be a bit more composed, a bit calmer, make better decisions and finish/set up more as a result.

agreed, which is why I said earlier that I'd love it if the rumours about Soldado were true.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline theCanadian

• Potential grass
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #711 on: December 5, 2011, 11:22:32 pm »
This is a concise summary of my feelings about this game:

Those who dwell, as scientists or laymen, among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life. - Rachel Carson

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #712 on: December 5, 2011, 11:23:02 pm »

Everyone knows how it is nowadays, nevermind 20/30/40 years ago, Spearing knows better so shouldn't of dived in which gave the referee a 'seed in his head' if you like, easily winnable without diving in like the way he did

Offline jaffod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #713 on: December 5, 2011, 11:23:14 pm »
well John Henry will surely want to invest big money for at least 1-2 players in January given the fact it's obvious that we're just not scoring enough goals so our chances of getting a CL spot are getting smaller.

and I stumbled upon an article the other day saying that Liverpool are seriously considering of getting Soldado in January. The article is probably bollox but it got me thinking.

And maybe he'll wonder how we can't hit a fucking barn door with a banjo after spending 35 million quid on one CF, 23 million on another and 16 million on a winger and 7 million on an attacking MF and bringing in some Welsh bloke as back up.......

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #714 on: December 5, 2011, 11:23:28 pm »
We've been a fucking work in progress for 20 years mate, they built the Anglican cathedral quicker....
;D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

Offline hesbighesred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #715 on: December 5, 2011, 11:23:47 pm »
He has 7 goals and 6 Assists in 11 games. Fairly clinical I would say.
Yeah right. I'd take that level of wastefulness in any of our strikers right now. That's not to say I'd swap them, but those numbers just about beat or at least match all of our strikers combined.

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #716 on: December 5, 2011, 11:24:50 pm »
I thought we did enough to win tonight. This game was a clear example of how poor refereeing & officiating can cost you a game. Pretty much all the close decisions went against us.

A couple of observations:

1. Whilst not rock solid, I like the combination of Agger and Skyrtl. Agger is not afraid to bring the ball forward and we are certainly more willing to play it out from the back with these two in the centre.

2. I think we are lacking discipline at times in the final third. Someone posted Suarez shots on goal stats which are impressive. He is immense. But I think he, and others are shooting from areas that have a really low percentage chance of scoring when there are players available in better scoring positions. I also noted in today's game after Carroll went off we still resorted to floating the ball into the box late in the game which was ludicrous. Hangalland against Suarez, Kuyt, Bellamy in the air is only going to have one outcome. If we can become more disciplined and patient in the final third I think the goals will come.

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #717 on: December 5, 2011, 11:24:57 pm »
And maybe he'll wonder how we can't hit a fucking barn door with a banjo after spending 35 million quid on one CF, 23 million on another and 16 million on a winger and 7 million on an attacking MF and bringing in some Welsh bloke as back up.......
true that, Carroll and Downing are massive let downs.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #718 on: December 5, 2011, 11:25:02 pm »
WHY did MAXI not play tonight??!!!

Because he wasn't picked

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #719 on: December 5, 2011, 11:26:18 pm »
Because he wasn't picked

INNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN ONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE, AND FOR BULLYS SPECIAL PRIZE.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.