Author Topic: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD  (Read 3133367 times)

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: LIVERPOOL TRANSFER THREAD - END GAME
« Reply #29600 on: June 12, 2022, 10:17:45 pm »
People should have learned by now. Benfica will leak that the full add-ons will be activated after Nunez plays 60 games for us. We will leak that the full add-ons will be activated when Nunez scores 100 goals for us, and we win the PL and the CL with him on the team. As always, the truth will be somewhere in between ...
Why not both? Nunez plays 60 games, scores 100 goals and we win everything?

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29601 on: June 12, 2022, 10:18:54 pm »
Thiago and Keita do not rotate for one spot. It’s far more accurate to say Keita and Henderson rotate for one spot.
There was legit one point in the season it was Thiago 60/Kieta 30 then Keita 60/Thiago 30 etc. They have manage both of their minutes. Thiago and Keita played more with Henderson then with each other irc.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #29602 on: June 12, 2022, 10:23:11 pm »
Yes and that is not a squad problem but an injury problem, see previous season as example.

Injury prone players getting injured isn't surprising. And Gini had left who was durable and first choice
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #29603 on: June 12, 2022, 10:25:33 pm »
Injury prone players getting injured isn't surprising. And Gini had left who was durable and first choice

1. All players are injury prone.
2. Gini left for reasons I am not going over again.
3. Our squad is in a good place and is improving and no team can work with many injuries in the same positions.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29604 on: June 12, 2022, 10:27:39 pm »

Lets say, for the sake of the argument, that we have signed Tchouameni for big money this summer, and he turns out to be injury prone with us. What do we do next?

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29605 on: June 12, 2022, 10:32:10 pm »
I can assure you that the original suggestion was written very much tongue in cheek also, although one or two seem to have taken me seriously. Obviously the club will just strap him underneath a flock of homing pigeons they've taken over there on the first team bus.
Richie has offered his services.  Needs the dosh, apparently.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29606 on: June 12, 2022, 10:33:11 pm »
Record_Portugal were the first to report our interest in Darwin Nunez and they also said we like Rafa Silva of Benfica too. One to keep an eye on for next summer.  ;D

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29607 on: June 12, 2022, 10:34:03 pm »
I’ve not been keeping up with the Nunez signing as much as most in this thread but it must have been mentioned that he has only really been hitting the heights in the last year. It does seem a bit odd that we are willing to spend so much with this little data? They must see something else or maybe they are that confident in how they judge a player so are happy to take the risk with less data.

I’d be shocked as well if he is not a high worker on and off the pitch the correct sort of mentality we go after. I’ve not really read anything about him off the pitch but that always seems like something we want.

Offline The Klapp

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29608 on: June 12, 2022, 10:41:43 pm »
Record_Portugal were the first to report our interest in Darwin Nunez and they also said we like Rafa Silva of Benfica too. One to keep an eye on for next summer.  ;D

Might be a cheapie as he's 29 and has only a year left, think we'll go for a younger player though.

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29609 on: June 12, 2022, 10:43:49 pm »

Good player, but 29 already ...

Offline RedSetGo

• Anny Roader
  • The Lord Jesus Saves.
« Reply #29610 on: June 12, 2022, 10:43:58 pm »
Adel Taarabt, Darwin Nunez Benfica team mate, below talking about Nunez's strengths in glowing terms.

Bits:

- Said that when Benfica paid record fee for him from Almeria, he (Taarabt) knew from the first training session that he'd be one of the best #9s in the world.

- Talks about Darwin's mentality in the dressing room (how he'll handle being an expensive purchase), and how he'll cope in PL.

- Calls him a "machine" referring to his athleticism. Works so hard for the team

- Will score goals in PL. He has selfishness good strikers have 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8n2uPRLZ7jM
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 10:51:43 pm by RedSetGo »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29611 on: June 12, 2022, 10:45:29 pm »
Might be a cheapie as he's 29 and has only a year left, think we'll go for a younger player though.

Good player, but 29 already ...

Ahh that's a shame. I  presumed he was 21/22 something like that. Fabio Vieira it is then.  ;D

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29612 on: June 12, 2022, 10:46:07 pm »
I’ve not been keeping up with the Nunez signing as much as most in this thread but it must have been mentioned that he has only really been hitting the heights in the last year. It does seem a bit odd that we are willing to spend so much with this little data? They must see something else or maybe they are that confident in how they judge a player so are happy to take the risk with less data.

I’d be shocked as well if he is not a high worker on and off the pitch the correct sort of mentality we go after. I’ve not really read anything about him off the pitch but that always seems like something we want.

Klopp had the opportunity to watch him closely and you can tell he was really impressed, and also Virgil said he's one of the toughest opponents he ever faced. When that's the case, you don't even need too much data.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29613 on: June 12, 2022, 10:47:34 pm »
Virgil was sweet talking him at Anfield and letting him score. Ali was told to make the odd save but let everything from Darwin look good. We played a con game.  8)

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #29614 on: June 12, 2022, 10:49:40 pm »
Usual scenario. Never heard of him last week, now I’ve seen all his goals and assists and general sexy play soundtracked by terrible terrible music.

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29615 on: June 12, 2022, 10:56:42 pm »

He is absolutely rapid. Like ridiculously fast.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29616 on: June 12, 2022, 11:03:58 pm »

Oh no so the Portugal journalists are actually reliable now?  We're going to be signing everyone  ;D

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29617 on: June 12, 2022, 11:14:11 pm »
Virgil was sweet talking him at Anfield and letting him score. Ali was told to make the odd save but let everything from Darwin look good. We played a con game.  8)
conning ... us?  FSG?  both??  :)

Offline The Klapp

• Anny Roader
« Reply #29618 on: June 12, 2022, 11:25:48 pm »

Clubs scout players from the womb these days, not just one season of data they have. Benfica broke the Portuguese transfer record to sign him for a reason so he didnt come from nowhere this season. I think the club looks at his physical and mental attributes and project that he's gonna be a beast. Not the best technically, but he's so good at the other attributes I doubt they care. Clever runs, right place right time in the box, fast, strong, good in the air (6 headed goals last season)... He'll do!

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29619 on: June 12, 2022, 11:29:05 pm »
Ahh that's a shame. I  presumed he was 21/22 something like that. Fabio Vieira it is then.  ;D

We were linked with Rafa Silva 7-8 years ago, when he was still at Braga. I think that Ward was our scout for Spain/Portugal at the time, so he knows him well. He will be turning 30 next year, and will have 12 months left on his contract, so he shouldn't be expensive. He could make a sense for us next summer, if Elliot improves a lot in the coming season, and Salah leaves on the free in 12 months ...

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #29620 on: June 12, 2022, 11:32:31 pm »
Clubs scout players from the womb these days,
Yep, long before we see their radars the club have seen their ultrasounds
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #29621 on: June 12, 2022, 11:34:40 pm »
Lets say, for the sake of the argument, that we have signed Tchouameni for big money this summer, and he turns out to be injury prone with us. What do we do next?
Indeed. But we know the answer to this. If the club does what fans want then none of the shiny new players will get injured. It's only because the club ignores Twitter and forum advice that players get injured. ;)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #29622 on: June 12, 2022, 11:46:43 pm »
We should get a squad of 30 players to cover every possible eventuality of injury.

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #29623 on: June 13, 2022, 12:34:19 am »
We should get a squad of 30 players to cover every possible eventuality of injury.

There's still a chance that all 30 could get injured, so we need another 30 on top of that.

Crunching the numbers, we're at 99.43843845593956% chance of avoiding relegation this way.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

« Reply #29624 on: June 13, 2022, 12:53:00 am »
Are people genuinely trying to say we don't need another midfielder? We absolutely do. Klopp has been brilliant with having a core of 5 attackers to choose from so he can change games and we need to have that in CM as well, especially with 5 subs. At the moment it's Fab, Thiago, Hendo, and Naby with Jones, Elliot, Ox, and Milner pretty much being used the same way we used Origi and Minamino. Adding one more top CM who can push that core group of 4 is super important and after we can afford to even let 2 of the remaining midfielders leave if needed.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29625 on: June 13, 2022, 01:10:09 am »
Benfica have announced the Nunez transfer on their official site

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29627 on: June 13, 2022, 01:16:43 am »
Benfica have announced the Nunez transfer on their official site

https://twitter.com/brunoandrd/status/1536134897760354304

It's announced the confirmed deal to its members, but says it's dependent on a contract with us (presumably after the medical).

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29628 on: June 13, 2022, 01:23:33 am »
Looks like the figures Joyce and co said were true.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29629 on: June 13, 2022, 01:24:42 am »

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29630 on: June 13, 2022, 01:25:02 am »
https://twitter.com/brunoandrd/status/1536134897760354304

It's announced the confirmed deal to its members, but says it's dependent on a contract with us (presumably after the medical).

All down to his legs not falling off.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29631 on: June 13, 2022, 01:26:28 am »
Who doesn't love a late night /early hours confirmation?  ;D

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #29632 on: June 13, 2022, 01:29:54 am »
Right, who is doing night shift on plane watch?

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29633 on: June 13, 2022, 01:31:33 am »
Not me lad, I'll doze off or give wrong directions and he'll end up in the Azores.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29634 on: June 13, 2022, 01:33:54 am »
Not me lad, I'll doze off or give wrong directions and he'll end up in the Azores.

Or in Manchester!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29635 on: June 13, 2022, 01:34:05 am »
All down to his legs not falling off.

We've passed stage Simao - next milestone to pass is stage Fekir.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29636 on: June 13, 2022, 01:34:28 am »

I don't think that he's offered you a job in the tower Samie

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29637 on: June 13, 2022, 01:35:30 am »
RAWK Towers is very privileged position I'll have you know.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29638 on: June 13, 2022, 01:37:15 am »
RAWK Towers is very privileged position I'll have you know.

All bloodletting and orgies.

Is what I heard anyway.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29639 on: June 13, 2022, 02:06:00 am »

All bloodletting and orgies.

Is what I heard anyway.

It changed years ago.

There’s no bloodletting anymore