Author Topic: The 'Football was invented in 1992' Sly Sports Premier League draft - discussion  (Read 17762 times)

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Urrgh.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So many of you are filthy. We really should've gone down the Hipsters route.  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Urrgh.

Haha

On any other forum he'd probably be a top 10 pick, but this is RAWK. Good luck  :D
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Haha. Theres Mancs every where. I knew there would be in a premier league draft. To be honest, Scholes, whilst annoying when playing was unassuming, not a as ditestable as some of the other c*nts who played for them.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Feels wrong but also feels so right.
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I honestly forgot about him. Tells you how much he's out of mind he is with  him being constantly injured.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Haha. Theres Mancs every where. I knew there would be in a premier league draft. To be honest, Scholes, whilst annoying when playing was unassuming, not a as ditestable as some of the other c*nts who played for them.

True. But there was still something about him that made him repulsive to me  :D  Perhaps it was that one time a United fan told me that Scholes was their Zidane and I had to contain my laughter. He was a very good player, but the way that lot talk him up is bonkers.

Feels wrong but also feels so right.

You'll be down to 10 men by half time  :P
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
True. But there was still something about him that made him repulsive to me  :D  Perhaps it was that one time a United fan told me that Scholes was their Zidane and I had to contain my laughter. He was a very good player, but the way that lot talk him up is bonkers.

Your right, he is detestable. They all are  ;D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Except when he was actively trying to break someone's leg. Look what he did to my man Zaba here:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BatloXrqsNI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BatloXrqsNI</a>

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
The Dunney Monster! :o

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Any love for Desailly and Thiago Silva? Think I’ve managed the impossible by getting two fairly likeable Chelsea players.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

You'll be down to 10 men by half time  :P

To be fair, I’m already playing with an extra man in midfield with Kante.  8)
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Any love for Desailly and Thiago Silva? Think I’ve managed the impossible by getting two fairly likeable Chelsea players.

Thiago Silva should be getting his free bus pass any day mate.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Thiago Silva should be getting his free bus pass any day mate.

At least he had some class once upon a time unlike your Labradoodle. :D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
To be fair, I’m already playing with an extra man in midfield with Kante.  8)

Fair point  :D

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
Always knew Hazell was a tory c*nt.  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
At least he had some class once upon a time unlike your Labradoodle. :D

Yeah when the Romans last were in Britain.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Philippe Albert > both of those pretenders

Sorry, pal, I don't get it. Sounds like you're saying he's a fraud? Lost in translation
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Yeah when the Romans last were in Britain.

Isn’t that who signed him?

Sorry, pal, I don't get it. Sounds like you're saying he's a fraud? Lost in translation

He’s saying your pick Albert is better than the more recent Belgian CBS who have been selected you needy git.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
At this rate... does Vinny Jones count as English or Welsh?

(asking for my friends)

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
  • At the End of a Storm there's a Golden Sky.
At this rate... does Vinny Jones count as English or Welsh?

(asking for my friends)

Welsh
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
The Dunney Monster! :o

Right there when you need to shit yourself!

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He’s saying your pick Albert is better than the more recent Belgian CBS who have been selected you needy git.
  :lmao :rash

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Philippe Albert > both of those pretenders

Absolutely BB

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Thought for sure Mikey would pick Evra. Didn't expect it from you, Nicholls  :wanker

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Thought for sure Mikey would pick Evra. Didn't expect it from you, Nicholls  :wanker

Come on, even I wouldn’t sink that low!
"A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are." - Bill Shankly

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

I was gonna pick him :)

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Thought it might unbelievably get all the way back up the order tonight, but looks like Robbie has signed off for the night.

Feel free to leave picks with me my US friends.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2023, 11:15:12 pm by Betty Blue »

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Thought it might unbelievably get all the way back up the order tonight, but looks like Robbie has signed off for the night.

Feel free to leave picks with me my US friends.

Thank god for that, i’ve been doing this without research or lists for the most part, and not sure I could come up with a player at this time. I just picked Hendry because I remember my dad operating on him and telling me about what kind of footballer he was  ;D
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Come on, even I wouldn’t sink that low!

Might be fun to have a little side vote after the final to decide who did sink the lowest  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
So filthy from some of you.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Nice Hazell. Very nearly went for Fab and then chose Thiago Silva at the last minute. Good selection at this point though.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
I have never rated Rudiger. Think he is a bit of a tit to be honest, he's improved a little bit at Real Madrid but still have plenty of stupid moment, just they aren't as highlighted in la liga.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
I have never rated Rudiger. Think he is a bit of a tit to be honest, he's improved a little bit at Real Madrid but still have plenty of stupid moment, just they aren't as highlighted in la liga.

Agree that he’s a bit of a tit but I always considered him in the group of centre backs in the league who were below Van Dijk but better than the rest. He’s clumsy looking but largely does well and is great athletically.

Chelsea’s record with and without him in all competitions shows a bit of how important he was:

With Rudiger starting

Played: 55
Won: 33
Drawn: 11
Lost: 11

Goals for: 88
Goals against: 44

Points per game: 2
Win rate: 60%
Loss rate: 20%

Goals per game: 1.6
Goals against per game: 0.8

Without Rudiger starting

Played: 57
Won: 29
Drawn: 12
Lost: 16

Goals for: 111
Goals against: 76

Points per game: 1.73
Win rate: 50.9%
Loss rate: 28.1%

Goals per game: 1.9
Goals against per game: 1.3

He’s obviously not one of the best in the league ever, but then I’m picking him in the later rounds so didn’t expect that.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Fair Mikey, in every game though I will picture him doing that silly run he puts on.

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Fair Mikey, in every game though I will picture him doing that silly run he puts on.

Haha, fair enough. Guess I better pick him a good centre-back partner then!

I was torn between him and someone else but they just didn’t play much as a centre back in the league, and that would therefore mean moving Ivanovic to centre back which wasn’t my plan really.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy

Dunno what you mean, looks perfectly normal to me.

Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Just posted Chakan's pick, but Lone Star didn't send me anything so might be a long wait now

Offline mikey_LFC

• Legacy Fan
Just posted Chakan's pick, but Lone Star didn't send me anything so might be a long wait now

Is it worth us just assuming he’s not going to be on given the time difference?