Author Topic: Liverpool FC 1-1 Southampton FT  (Read 77288 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: Liverpool FC 1-1 Southampton FT
« Reply #1000 on: October 26, 2015, 05:42:56 pm »
I find it hard to talk about Rodgers as I'm still so angry with him. For what it's worth I don't think the players are that bad but what we're looking at is Rodgers legacy after 3 years of coaching and education; a confused, mentally fragile team with no confidence or heart and virtually no leaders on the pitch or in the squad. It's going to take Klopp a while to unpick this mess and I'm just grateful he's agreed to try.

sums it up really....
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline fiveways

• Kopite
« Reply #1001 on: October 26, 2015, 05:58:10 pm »
time to look back at Norbert's first interview - he said "Please... give us time!" - he knew what a massive job he had taken on (and I think that excites him) - like my Doc told me recently when prescribing some ointment (no - not for down there!) - he said it would get worse before it got better - and you know what, he was right - now my skin is like a new born baby's ass :-))

everyone needs to take a chill pill - be thankfully we have someone who knows what the fuck they are doing, and let's all be patient - also he said in that first interview how important it was to start with a solid foundation - he needs to firstly design and then build that, then carry on building upwards - I still believe !!!

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #1002 on: October 26, 2015, 05:59:07 pm »
Doesn't matter at all. This season can be totally written off and I'm not in the least bit arsed.

To be honest, I'm of the view if Klopp can't do this job no one can, so we all need to be very patient. We have a properly world class, proven, manager for the first time in more than 5 years. He deserves all the time, patience and understanding that the last world class manager at LFC never got.

I'm not going as far as to write the season off as there is loads to still play for. But I'm not expecting a great deal. Anything that we achieve ie a top 4 finish, anything we will will just be a bonus in my eyes.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1003 on: October 26, 2015, 05:59:57 pm »
Doesn't matter at all. This season can be totally written off and I'm not in the least bit arsed.

To be honest, I'm of the view if Klopp can't do this job no one can, so we all need to be very patient. We have a properly world class, proven, manager for the first time in more than 5 years. He deserves all the time, patience and understanding that the last world class manager at LFC never got.

Indeed.
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1004 on: October 26, 2015, 06:00:44 pm »
It's tempting to forget also that this is the same Southampton team that stuck 3 past the plastics at Stamford Bridge. They've only really been battered once this season by the Bitters and they lost narrowly to Manure. Drawing is their speciality - Koeman has got them in the mindset of getting something from every game. Yes, we should be beating teams like Southampton at home, but we're not quite there yet. We will be though, I have no doubt about it. They got what they wanted from yesterday, we didn't. It's just the way football is.

Good, succinct post.

Offline McSquared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1005 on: October 26, 2015, 06:01:06 pm »

I'm with you

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1006 on: October 26, 2015, 06:03:54 pm »
Because our defence isn't really the problem. It's scoring goals. Can you imagine the pressure those lads at the back are under knowing that 1 goal conceded almost certainly means we won't win. We're never comfortable. The points are always in danger. No wonder they fuck up now and then. If those attacking players like Lallana could create or convert on a regular bases and give the guys at the back a break then we'd be fine.

Our defence is a huge problem, weve conceded 50ish a season for 3 seasons running

Offline Chalky Boots

• Legacy Fan
  • Neurotic Fan Fiction
« Reply #1007 on: October 26, 2015, 06:04:17 pm »
I don't understand the questions over Can. He's got an awful lot in his locker. Sure he's wasteful at times in the final third, but his technique is sound, he works hard, and is a physical presence that we need. He suffers from those in front of him not doing a job, but everyone does in our side right now. Our general play has been poor, hard to really single him out.

Made it clear I think he's a central defender first and a mid second but I don't find anything wrong with him in this position so far under Klopp. He'll benefit more when Klopp begins to get all pieces into midfield, with a winger but I think it's completely unfair to expect a 21 year old to carry us in that area of the pitch because it's never really happened before.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1008 on: October 26, 2015, 06:08:32 pm »
I find it hard to talk about Rodgers as I'm still so angry with him. For what it's worth I don't think the players are that bad but what we're looking at is Rodgers legacy after 3 years of coaching and education; a confused, mentally fragile team with no confidence or heart and virtually no leaders on the pitch or in the squad. It's going to take Klopp a while to unpick this mess and I'm just grateful he's agreed to try.
Two defeats all season for fucks sake. Two defeats!! That's better than most teams we're competing against.

This is not a bad team, far from it. You can blame Rodgers as much as you want but what about the transfer committee who seem to get a free ride? How do they escape any criticism for the supposed state of the squad.

What about the owners for bending over backwards and selling our best two players the last two seasons and not expecting any change to results of performances.

The team is lacking a fit forward. Put Benteke or Sturridge in this team and it's top four material. Klopp seemed more than happy with the squad when he took over, perhaps you should share some of his faith.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #1009 on: October 26, 2015, 06:15:06 pm »
I thought Van Dijk was very good for Southampton yesterday. Really good player and he would have been playing in this league sooner only I think people were apprehensive of spending relatively big money on a player who plays in the SPL.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1010 on: October 26, 2015, 06:15:51 pm »
Why would anybody write this season off with so much to play for?

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1011 on: October 26, 2015, 06:15:57 pm »

Exactly!!!
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline SinceSixtyFive

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We are Liverpool. Resistance is futile.
« Reply #1012 on: October 26, 2015, 06:19:06 pm »

Great post and sums up my own feelings exactly. Any run at any sort of achievement including top four is a bonus to me.  Herr Klopp has made it quite clear he'll be sorting the defence first so I ain't particularly surprised or bothered by the first few results I.e. the fact we aren't exactly scoring for fun.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1013 on: October 26, 2015, 06:19:38 pm »

This is not a bad team, far from it. You can blame Rodgers as much as you want but what about the transfer committee who seem to get a free ride? How do they escape any criticism for the supposed state of the squad.

What about the owners for bending over backwards and selling our best two players the last two seasons and not expecting any change to results of performances.

The transfer committee did not, to the best of my knowledge, train the players, set the tactics/formations etc. They had no choice re selling Suarez and Sterling and got very good money for them. The squad is fine, the previous manager was far from fine.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1014 on: October 26, 2015, 06:21:03 pm »

With everything to play for...still in every cup, Europe and still not out of the top 4 race but that may be the least reachable goal. Only a fool would say the season should be written off by mid Oct as every player are fighting for a second chance to be here next season. If they fight hard enough then we could still have a very good season.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1015 on: October 26, 2015, 06:23:22 pm »
If our players are mentally weak, a lot of our fans aren't much better.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1016 on: October 26, 2015, 06:23:38 pm »

I'm sure no one at the club is, at all. But that's completely different to supporters saying they'll give Kloppo a free swing this season as they understand the job he's facing being dropped in at this point.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #1017 on: October 26, 2015, 06:24:22 pm »
If our players are mentally weak, a lot of our fans aren't much better.

Eh? How is that even comparable?

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #1018 on: October 26, 2015, 06:24:40 pm »

Spot on.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1019 on: October 26, 2015, 06:27:20 pm »

Indeed, just need the team to click, get a few wins and we'll have (pretty much) all to play for

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1020 on: October 26, 2015, 06:30:17 pm »
I'm sure no one at the club is, at all. But that's completely different to supporters saying they'll give Kloppo a free swing this season as they understand the job he's facing being dropped in at this point.

We don't need to give him a free swing mate. There is enough there and enough time for him to make a real mark in the season. If it turns out we don't win anything and end up mid table, fair enough. But we shouldn't be thinking I don't care if we don't achieve anything this season.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1021 on: October 26, 2015, 06:31:14 pm »
https://streamable.com/hqtm

Sakho and Skrtel there thinking 'thank fuck for that!'.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #1022 on: October 26, 2015, 06:36:40 pm »
Writing this season off is the worst mentality to have. I sure don't want our players thinking that.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1023 on: October 26, 2015, 06:36:59 pm »
With everything to play for...still in every cup, Europe and still not out of the top 4 race but that may be the least reachable goal. Only a fool would say the season should be written off by mid Oct as every player are fighting for a second chance to be here next season. If they fight hard enough then we could still have a very good season.

Yep. I agree mate.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1024 on: October 26, 2015, 06:37:38 pm »
https://streamable.com/hqtm

Sakho and Skrtel there thinking 'thank fuck for that!'.

Beautifully timed tackle that.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1025 on: October 26, 2015, 06:40:12 pm »
How can we expect the players to believe in themselves if we can't have some belief in them?

There's people saying they're not good enough and we need a squad clean out, then in the next breath they're complaining about the players having no belief.
You don't see the irony?

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #1026 on: October 26, 2015, 06:41:34 pm »

:wellin
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 06:43:46 pm by robertobaggio37 »
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #1027 on: October 26, 2015, 06:44:18 pm »
I thought Van Dijk was very good for Southampton yesterday. Really good player and he would have been playing in this league sooner only I think people were apprehensive of spending relatively big money on a player who plays in the SPL.
I thought he was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline QC

• rawks Lionel Hutz, ambulance chaser.Sucks up to the wrong type of Mod.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1028 on: October 26, 2015, 06:46:32 pm »

Can't please some. Complain about results = impatient. Don't care about results: mentally weak and unbelievers.

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1029 on: October 26, 2015, 06:50:56 pm »
I thought he was supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1030 on: October 26, 2015, 06:51:49 pm »
Can't please some. Complain about results = impatient. Don't care about results: mentally weak and unbelievers.
who doesn't care about results?

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1031 on: October 26, 2015, 06:53:50 pm »
who doesn't care about results?

Andy's doing his 'Don't care about result, let's finish 10th' bit, I've seen it before from him, I find it a bit weird. I know we shouldn't put any undue pressure on Klopp but 10th is taking it a bit far IMO!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1032 on: October 26, 2015, 06:54:52 pm »
Decent enough performance against a good Southampton side - as expected we looked a different team and much more threatening with Benteke and Firminho second half. Should have won but c'est la vie with us at the moment, but again positive signs and something to build on.

The league is wide, wide open this year and we'll be bang in the race for fourth, no doubt. We just need our players back from injury and more time for Klopps methods to sink in. I expect we'll have a very strong second half of the season - not least on the basis our opening two months are about as hard fixture wise as they could be. I'd also be amazed if we didn't add a forward of some kind in January.

Onwards and upwards, great time to go to the Bridge - we seem to play with more freedom away at the moment. Imagine Mourinhos face when we turn them over!!

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #1033 on: October 26, 2015, 06:56:32 pm »
Writing this season off is the worst mentality to have. I sure don't want our players thinking that.

Agreed, ridiculous attitude.  This team can achieve.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1034 on: October 26, 2015, 06:58:42 pm »
Andy's doing his 'Don't care about result, let's finish 10th' bit, I've seen it before from him, I find it a bit weird. I know we shouldn't put any undue pressure on Klopp but 10th is taking it a bit far IMO!
Yeah, 10th would be a car crash of a season seeing as we haven't finished below 8th since since coming up under Shanks.
Can't see it happening mind.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #1035 on: October 26, 2015, 07:01:39 pm »

Here's a hammer, there's a nail...
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1036 on: October 26, 2015, 07:04:15 pm »

That's right, I'm putting no pressure on the manager myself mate. I'm not expecting much at all really, but that's not to say I think we can't win something or finish top 4. Not at all. We can.

Honestly, I find all this writing off the season, free pass type attitude really strange when we've only played 10 games this season.
« Last Edit: October 26, 2015, 09:29:47 pm by Solomon Grundy »

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1037 on: October 26, 2015, 07:04:47 pm »
Here's a hammer, there's a nail...

So the season is a complete write off then?

Offline goalrushatgoodison

• crapinbed
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Still waiting for the great leap forward.
« Reply #1038 on: October 26, 2015, 07:08:47 pm »

I think that's very unfair on Rodgers. I don't think the players are bad either and I agree that Rodgers has to take some of the responsibility for the lack of confidence in the side. However there were a lot of external factors that were outside Brendan's control that also contributed to this lack of confidence. He lost two of the best strikers in Europe. That's a hard knock for any manager to take.

Those whom the Gods would destroy, they first make mad.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1039 on: October 26, 2015, 07:10:30 pm »
However there were a lot of external factors that were outside Brendan's control that also contributed to this lack of confidence.

Such as? I can't think of one external factor.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "