Author Topic: Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre (Suso)  (Read 522691 times)

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jesús Joaquín Fernández Sáez de la Torre (Suso)
« Reply #80 on: June 12, 2013, 08:54:50 pm »
What he said - interesting....
That fucking Marca.. they can't wait for any opportunity to press our players on whether they want to leave us..

Offline red_dub

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #81 on: June 12, 2013, 09:30:33 pm »
this lad is pure class and should be coming on for phil next season to give him a break in games that are comfotable ect.
i think a loan will be a bad choice. If he gets playing time next season in the role he's best suited, then i reckon he'll develope into a really top player.
“Aim for the sky and you'll reach the ceiling. Aim for the ceiling and you'll stay on the floor.”

Bill Shankly

Offline TitanTrigger

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: June 12, 2013, 09:52:09 pm »
Scored tonight for the Spanish U20's

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: June 12, 2013, 11:01:14 pm »
Any video of Suso's goal?
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #84 on: June 12, 2013, 11:06:22 pm »
Lucas' heir apparent.

Just wait and see...

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #85 on: June 12, 2013, 11:29:07 pm »
Lucas' heir apparent.

Just wait and see...

Bollocks.

He's the new Aurelio.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: June 12, 2013, 11:29:58 pm »
He should go on loan imo. Has potential to be great, but needs to play
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: June 12, 2013, 11:34:54 pm »
Proper Spanish.

Offline johnhouldinglfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: June 13, 2013, 01:40:13 am »
No, but he might see minutes on the right over Downing, I think. Subs at first, and then maybe a start or two. Once Rodgers has players he can trust to play the game his way, I think we'll see a bit more rotation than last season.

He's a far better player when playing central and if he went on loan he would stand a far better chance of getting playing time in a central position. If both Downing and Aspas are in the squad as seems likely at the moment his opportunities on the right will be very restricted.

Also I don't think we will see much of an increase in terms of rotation by Rodgers next season.

Last season the main route for players to force there way into the first team in the league was preforming in the European games. With that not an option I think there will surely be far less opportunities for youth/fringe players .

If he went on loan to somewhere like Swansea  under Laudrup the odds are that he would end up getting a serious amount of playing time [Just look at Swansea's current squad compared to ours)Plus if he doesn't go on loan next season, he will surely end up playing some reserve games to get maintain match fitness which will have a knock-on impact on the development of younger players.

He signed a "long-term contract" back in October/November so I feel the club should take the long-term view. Give him a season on loan where he picks up a decent amount of game time as opposed to one where he will most likely feature in some cup games (against variable levels of opposition) and pick up what the Yanks refer to as garbage minutes [coming off the bench in games getting 10/15 minutes in matches that are probably already won) I really cant see the second option as being the best option long-term.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 01:42:01 am by johnhouldinglfc »

Offline Lolo

• Ex Kop STH marooned on a tropical beach observing bronzed beauties. In dire need of a decent English pint.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • non progredi est regredi
« Reply #89 on: June 13, 2013, 02:57:06 am »
I follow Suso on Facebook. One thing is clear to me from his Facebook posts; he absolutely LOVES Liverpool F.C. Just go to his page and look at what he is posting.
I just hope that his patience doesn't run out.

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2013, 03:30:13 am »
I follow Suso on Facebook. One thing is clear to me from his Facebook posts; he absolutely LOVES Liverpool F.C. Just go to his page and look at what he is posting.

Yeah he does seem too doesn't he. 

He's only 19 though.  I'm sure he's not expecting to start most games.

Offline Kovai Red

• Oh my captain!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Educated Farrago
« Reply #91 on: June 13, 2013, 05:54:49 am »
Are you kidding? Have you seen the standard of most Premiership clubs?

A talented 19 year old kid already written off, horrendous.
Common hipster, where did I wrote him off? Just if I say no premier league club wouldn't want him means writing him off?  :o You seriously need to control your emotions mate. Chill

IMO, he is still not ready for a complete PL season (say 20 to 30 appearances). I dont think any premiership club would loan a player to make very few appearances. Maybe he is good for a championship clubs, someone like Watford, Bolton or Blackpool where he can make more appearances. That is what I was meaning there.
"Liverpool are the ones with the ball. I support them just for that"
"Ella pugazhum Iraivan Oruvanuke"

Offline DanA

• misses the Eurovision Glory Days.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: June 13, 2013, 06:49:31 am »

I think he should see his last season as really successful. He was a reserve player that did well in the preseason and worked his way in to the first team. Made 14 starts and 9 sub appearances and probably played 10-15  games for the reserves as well.

The reserves to First team is a difficult gap to bridge but he's done a pretty good job of it. Certainly shouldn't be complain about the opportunities he got last season, but I agree we need to be carefull with him.  I'm hoping we send him on loan at the very least to a Championship club. I reckon he could have an Ince type season. He's a huge talent and he's done well so far but moving forward we do need to make sure he doesn't rot on the bench or in the reserves.
Quote from: hinesy
He hadn't played as if he was on fire, more the slight breeze cutting across New Brighton on a summer's day than El Nino, the force of nature.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: June 13, 2013, 06:55:38 am »
Keep him involved in and around first team. He's certainly ahead of Shelvey and Assaidi for example. How long is he contracted with us for?

Offline rowan_d

• boat. Señor Paolo de Souza-Farquharson :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #94 on: June 13, 2013, 09:14:27 am »
Keep him involved in and around first team. He's certainly ahead of Shelvey and Assaidi for example. How long is he contracted with us for?

I think he should be ahead of Shelvey, but I'm not sure Rodgers agrees. We have to do something drastic with Shelvey I feel, he seems to be regressing which is alarming for a player his age.

Offline TobySmith

• Boys Pen
« Reply #95 on: June 13, 2013, 09:20:31 am »

I'm pretty sure he signed a new long term deal around the same time as Sterling a few months back. I'd assume 4-5 years if that is the case.

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #96 on: June 13, 2013, 11:25:19 am »
I think he has 2-3 years left on his contract. Not sure which though.

Looking forward to seeing him play in midfield for Spain. I think it is where he will end up playing. The lads vision is outstanding. That through ball to Morgan against Saints was a thing of beauty. 

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: June 13, 2013, 11:41:18 am »
I didn't think he played as many as 20 games last season. I'm sure he's happy with that and I don't see why he shouldn't get the same opportunities next season and obviously has confidence in his ability to take the chances when they come along. He's got the talent and attitude to succeed here.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2013, 12:05:02 pm »
Bollocks.

He's the new Aurelio.

Aurelio played DM a few times no?

All the dots are connecting.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2013, 12:13:09 pm »
Wherever he is next season, he needs to play consistent football.  I think that's the next step in his development.  We know he has talent but he needs to be applying it at a decent level.  No point him getting a handful of appearances for us next season.

Offline The Infamous_LFC

• Doubting Thommo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2013, 03:06:00 pm »
He is a excellent player I would hope he stays with the first team next season he can learn so much playing under the boss. Shelvey who despite what a large majority of RAWK think is finished, is far from that he could really improve his game if he played under less critical scrutiny. So a loan for Shelvey and keeping Suso as a 3rd choice number 10 and option out wide on either side. He can learn a lot more and with the manager who can push him he is only 19 he can go out on loan in January if he isn't ready for the task which should be minimal anyways. I rate Shelvey and Suso both are going to be good players whatever happens a few years from now.

Offline Jehst1979

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101 on: June 14, 2013, 04:19:48 pm »
Arguably the biggest young talent we've had at the club in a very long time, i'd like to see him given a few more games than last season, Carling Cup, FA Cup etc, got amazing vision for a player so young, unflappable in possession, strength, goals, and game intelligence will come with age and the more games we play. Vital we keep him

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: June 14, 2013, 05:00:30 pm »
I love the quotes of him saying he doesn't want to leave and stuff, but I hope Brendan sits him down and tells him a year away at a lower prem/championship team could make his career.

If the rumours are true and Luis Alberto and Aspas come in then he'll get even less time than now, especially with Sterling and Borini back, unless Rodgers doesn't get an AM and plays him there for a bit
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Right Said Red

• I'm too self-righteous for this Orum! Not an expert. Monumental Idiot.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: June 14, 2013, 05:15:13 pm »
He is a excellent player I would hope he stays with the first team next season he can learn so much playing under the boss.

He needs games.  He isn't going to get them here, especially when we have no Europe.

Better going on lona and playing regularly.

Offline Ma Vie en Rouge

• J'aime voir...!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: June 14, 2013, 05:30:55 pm »
He needs games.  He isn't going to get them here, especially when we have no Europe.

Yes, Iona is a beautiful place. But would it suit Suso? One of their teams is in the Premier Division South Shields Sunday Morning League. Will he get enough game time there?

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #105 on: June 14, 2013, 06:32:33 pm »

Of course he's going to get games. Don't forget the League Cup and the FA Cup, plus Coutinho has only just turned 21 himself so isn't expected to play every week, will need to be rotated.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: June 14, 2013, 06:36:35 pm »

Yes, Iona is a beautiful place. But would it suit Suso? One of their teams is in the Premier Division South Shields Sunday Morning League. Will he get enough game time there?

Come on mate, don't try to make bad jokes. Of course it wasnt Iona the place he referred to, he said "going on Iona", that means going 'on' this beauty from Skyrim!

Offline Spanish Al

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: June 14, 2013, 06:38:25 pm »
Love this lad, jus oozes kwality, no? His verssatility could be a blessing and a curse for him though, I feel. It will help him get some more game time but it could also lead to him never finding his 'best' position. I would love to see him sitting deep alongside Lucas pinging passes about. Think he'd be wonderful in that position. A left footed Xabi with more pace and more attacking threat.
Rafa Benitez: "I’ll always keep in my heart the good times I’ve had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager."

Offline Mercer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: June 14, 2013, 06:55:47 pm »
He's a major talent. No 2 ways about it. Potentially, there's no telling how good he'll become.

One thing, though - I'm not sure what his best position will be. I'm sure Suso will have a favoured position where he wants to play, just wonder where the manager and the coaching staff see him.

Offline malaujai

• Anny Roader
« Reply #109 on: June 14, 2013, 08:27:48 pm »
I see him in the Mata mold... Playing centrally and making things happen in the final third.

My guess is that his chance will come in preseason if he wants to get any string of games going in the first team, and even that will probably need to come at the expense of another player either getting injured or what not. If he does well in preseason, I see him getting the same treatment that Sterling got last year. In either case though, I think some would argue that a loan would do him well. My opinion on that is that he needs to be loaned out to the right club, like Swansea... The problem is, it's not as easy as just telling Swansea to take him... Or any other Premier League team for that matter

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: June 14, 2013, 08:38:25 pm »
Personally think he will end up in the Alonso or the current Gerrad role. As a #10 or on the wing he has looked good at the u21 level and first team but watching him play for the Spanish u19 team last season was something else. His passing range is excellent and it really shines when he played there.  He is still not physically ready to play in midfield but I think he will end up there when he is 22-23 year old.

Offline EstonianRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oooooh Campione, the one and only
« Reply #111 on: June 14, 2013, 10:19:18 pm »
would love to see him go to some place like Southampton or Crystal Palace, because there really isnt any gametime for him next season is there and for 19 yr old the most important thing is to play. For example look at Kroos, he was talented, but sat on the bench for Bayern Munich, they loaned him out and when they got him back he was a world class player, not saying that its gonna be same with Suso, but would love to see him go out to gain some xp on the field

Offline Right Said Red

• I'm too self-righteous for this Orum! Not an expert. Monumental Idiot.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: June 14, 2013, 10:55:40 pm »
Of course he's going to get games. Don't forget the League Cup and the FA Cup, plus Coutinho has only just turned 21 himself so isn't expected to play every week, will need to be rotated.

He needs to play regularly.  Not the odd League Cup or FA Cup game.

He might not get in the Fa Cup team if we take it seriously.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: June 15, 2013, 06:09:12 am »
He needs to play. Now or he won't reach his potential.

I would love to see him play for Spain U20. But he will have a strong competition for starting spot there. Because some of the players he is competing against have much more playing experience this season, it won't surprise me if he has to sit on the bench...

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: June 15, 2013, 12:58:38 pm »
He needs to play. Now or he won't reach his potential.

I would love to see him play for Spain U20. But he will have a strong competition for starting spot there. Because some of the players he is competing against have much more playing experience this season, it won't surprise me if he has to sit on the bench...

He won't be sitting on the bench, Saul Niguez and Campana are his competition and neither have more playing experience. i think Niguez has 1 u21 cap but Campana hasn't played at all for them, while Suso alongside Deulofeu are the only players in that group to represent the u21s on more than one occasion, Lopetegui obviously rates him highly.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2013, 01:01:01 pm by Coolie High »

Offline johnhouldinglfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: June 15, 2013, 02:40:47 pm »
If he does well in preseason, I see him getting the same treatment that Sterling got last year.

The odds on him getting anywhere near the same amount of playing time as Sterling did last season are extremely remote. Both himself and Sterling are extremely unlikely to get near the same amount of playing time he got last season (even with Sterling's injury in the end part of the season)

For all Sterling and Suso's talent a key reason they picked up such an amount of playing time was the rag order of the squad especially in the first half of the season.

That's even before you look at the reduction of playing time due to the lack of European action (12 games less than last season)   

The main reason Sterling & Suso picked up such an amount of playing time was the lack of other options. Their competition in wide areas were Downing, Assaidi, Pacheco. Of those neither Assaidi or Pacheco were rated by Rodgers. We had times in the first half of the season where we had Henderson, Shelvey and even Enrique playing the wide positions in the front three. We didnt have the option of Suarez playing in a wide area as we had no other striker with Borini out injured.

Since Sterling and Suso picked up the bulk of his playing time we have added three extremely strong forward options to the squad - Coutinho, Sturridge & Aspas with indications more will be arriving {Mkhitaryan + Alberto}.  Throw in Borini returning to fitness. [Some may say that Suso is not competing with Sturridge for a place for if Suarez and Sturridge are playing it has a knock on of his chances of playing]

Basically the odds are that the squad will be in much stronger shape this season compared to last season and they will be most likely less games to play with no European action.

Suso played 916 minutes for the first team last season (just over the equivalent of 10 full games) [He also played 8 full games for the reserves]  They odds are unlikely he will manage the equivalent of 10 full games for the first team this season (any reserve games he plays do little to nothing for his development at this stage ) Makes far more sense to go on loan somewhere and rack up a lot more competitive action. After a season on loan where he picks up serious playing time he would be in a far stronger position to seriously challenge for a first-team place as opposed to being a fringe player.

Sterling picked up 2219 minutes (equivalent of 24.7 full games) this season and there's probably an argument for sending him on loan but I would counter that 1) he offers a serious threat as a sub late on in games and 2) if he goes on loan there is no chance to actively manage his playing time (pretty much any club he goes on loan to would probably play him 100% of the time and not give a fig about burning him out/his long-term development) I don't think there is quite the same risk with Suso as he is more physically developed as he is more than a year old than Sterling and his game is based on different attributes.

However overall I think it would be a serious mistake not to send Suso on loan this season. I'm hoping that when he turns up for pre-season Rodgers will sit him down and go "Suso we have a squad where the attacking options are Suarez, Sturridge, Borini, Coutinho, Mkhitaryan, Gerrard, Shelvey, Sterling, Downing & Alberto. {and that's assuming Carroll, Assaidi and Pacheco have moved on} we think you have a lot of potential but we've no European action and we are going to be taking the cups more seriously this season.  Go on loan for the season, make 35+ appearances and come back and seriously challenge for a place . Also make sure to keep working on your weaker leg"

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: June 15, 2013, 03:22:39 pm »
The odds on him getting anywhere near the same amount of playing time as Sterling did last season are extremely remote. Both himself and Sterling are extremely unlikely to get near the same amount of playing time he got last season (even with Sterling's injury in the end part of the season)

For all Sterling and Suso's talent a key reason they picked up such an amount of playing time was the rag order of the squad especially in the first half of the season.

That's even before you look at the reduction of playing time due to the lack of European action (12 games less than last season)   

The main reason Sterling & Suso picked up such an amount of playing time was the lack of other options. Their competition in wide areas were Downing, Assaidi, Pacheco. Of those neither Assaidi or Pacheco were rated by Rodgers. We had times in the first half of the season where we had Henderson, Shelvey and even Enrique playing the wide positions in the front three. We didnt have the option of Suarez playing in a wide area as we had no other striker with Borini out injured.

Since Sterling and Suso picked up the bulk of his playing time we have added three extremely strong forward options to the squad - Coutinho, Sturridge & Aspas with indications more will be arriving {Mkhitaryan + Alberto}.  Throw in Borini returning to fitness. [Some may say that Suso is not competing with Sturridge for a place for if Suarez and Sturridge are playing it has a knock on of his chances of playing]

Basically the odds are that the squad will be in much stronger shape this season compared to last season and they will be most likely less games to play with no European action.

Suso played 916 minutes for the first team last season (just over the equivalent of 10 full games) [He also played 8 full games for the reserves]  They odds are unlikely he will manage the equivalent of 10 full games for the first team this season (any reserve games he plays do little to nothing for his development at this stage ) Makes far more sense to go on loan somewhere and rack up a lot more competitive action. After a season on loan where he picks up serious playing time he would be in a far stronger position to seriously challenge for a first-team place as opposed to being a fringe player.

Sterling picked up 2219 minutes (equivalent of 24.7 full games) this season and there's probably an argument for sending him on loan but I would counter that 1) he offers a serious threat as a sub late on in games and 2) if he goes on loan there is no chance to actively manage his playing time (pretty much any club he goes on loan to would probably play him 100% of the time and not give a fig about burning him out/his long-term development) I don't think there is quite the same risk with Suso as he is more physically developed as he is more than a year old than Sterling and his game is based on different attributes.

However overall I think it would be a serious mistake not to send Suso on loan this season. I'm hoping that when he turns up for pre-season Rodgers will sit him down and go "Suso we have a squad where the attacking options are Suarez, Sturridge, Borini, Coutinho, Mkhitaryan, Gerrard, Shelvey, Sterling, Downing & Alberto. {and that's assuming Carroll, Assaidi and Pacheco have moved on} we think you have a lot of potential but we've no European action and we are going to be taking the cups more seriously this season.  Go on loan for the season, make 35+ appearances and come back and seriously challenge for a place . Also make sure to keep working on your weaker leg"

He will be thinking he could displace Alberto and Shelvey in the pecking order which is true. I want him to out on loan but only to a team in the top division, whether that be in Spain or England.

Offline johnhouldinglfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: June 15, 2013, 05:17:08 pm »
He will be thinking he could displace Alberto and Shelvey in the pecking order which is true. I want him to out on loan but only to a team in the top division, whether that be in Spain or England.

And how much playing time is he likely to get if he is above both of those in the pecking order given the increase in quality in the squad?

Remember last season Shelvey asked to play in the reserves to get some game time.

Shelvey was another whose playing time dropped a fair bit in the second half of the season after Coutinho and Sturridge arrived and we didnt have European action. I'd be hopeful we would be looking to loan Shelvey out as well.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #118 on: June 16, 2013, 09:18:58 am »
It'd be a crime if we let Suso stagnate on the bench for another season - get him out to get some regular playing time in a top division as soon as possible. My greatest fear is that with the excitement over all the new players potentially coming in, the likes of Suso and Sterling will be forgotten and end up like Pacheco, but I'm not too worried about Sterling because he has a weapon in his locker that will help him make an impact on the first team more immediately than Suso - pace. I would be extremely worried if this kid doesn't see significant game time next season, whether it's with us or someone else.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline socrates the sophist

• No new LFC topics
  • Kopite
« Reply #119 on: June 16, 2013, 11:42:45 am »
I dont see Suso playing except in the Carling Cup. I'm sure we all heard Rodgers comments about how the weak squad and the reliance on young players at the beginning of the season cost them. Such comments makes me think there wont be a lot of opportunities for amazing lads like Suso.