Author Topic: PL: Liverpool 3 Newcastle 1 (Willems 7' Mane 28' 40', Salah 71')  (Read 30100 times)

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Re: PL: Liverpool 3 Newcastle 1 (Willems 7' Mane 28' 40', Salah 71')
« Reply #240 on: September 14, 2019, 08:52:01 pm »
That Joelinton is a good player isn't he

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: September 14, 2019, 08:54:13 pm »
It's an absolute privilege to watch this team nowadays.

I thought the second goal was almost perfect, amazing pressing to knock Newcastle out of shape and then the killer pass. Of course, the third was absolute filth.

Wonderful stuff.
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #242 on: September 14, 2019, 08:55:29 pm »
I think Newcastle scoring was a blessing in disguise. We were a bit sloppy at the beginning there but after they scored, we woke up.

Now that the negative is out the way, my god we are a special team. 5/5 is just amazing and that's without our number 1 keeper. I'm not clever enough to put into words how easy Bobby makes football seem. He literally is one of a kind. There is no other striker that could work in our system besides him and Mo and Mane have a lot to thank him for. He's now getting that recognition outside of the LFC fan base and people are now starting to realise he is world class.

Let preparations for Napoli begin...
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline idontknow

• idonowknowicanchangethisijustfoundouticould
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: September 14, 2019, 08:59:02 pm »
Another great win from this superb team. A joy to watch every time, an honour to support them.
It is a machine. It is more stupid than we are. It will not stop us from doing stupid things.

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #244 on: September 14, 2019, 09:08:35 pm »
Newcastle were a bunch of dirty assholes today, I lost track of the nasty little kicks and tackles. It was a miracle we made it out mostly unscathed. Andre Marriner was horrid, rather bring back Webb at this rate. If one of players got seriously injured it would have been on him, he never controlled that match.

Otherwise we were good, yeah a bit sloppy in the first half but the second we were excellent and Bobby Firmino deserves his own statue...what a player.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #245 on: September 14, 2019, 09:11:15 pm »
Quietly gone top on GD too

Offline Damian V

• Anny Roader
« Reply #246 on: September 14, 2019, 09:16:56 pm »
Took us a good 15 minutes but after that I thought we were impeccable. I was watching the United game with half an eye after ours, and they were just taking every chance to have a shot whereas there's so much calmness in our team and we work to create good chances.

Bloody hell, there were large parts of the game where every one of our outfield players was past the halfway line and not by a few inches either.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: September 14, 2019, 09:27:12 pm »
Any news on Divock?  He sprawled awkwardly early on and it seemed to mess up his game.  Nothing too serious I hope?
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
« Reply #248 on: September 14, 2019, 09:29:38 pm »
There were some great performances again today and we could allow Mo to have a quiet one and still score a great goal!
If/when we beat Chelsea away next week we will seriously be able to think about 19. Hope I don’t jinx anything but we have so many ways to create shots on target it is mad. 9-1 today.
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #249 on: September 14, 2019, 09:33:52 pm »
I always feel with this team when we go 1-0 down, we will get back in to the game at some stage. When I used to watch us under Brendan there were times when if we went a goal down, I had no hope in is getting back in to game.

Good polished performance, Newcastle had plenty of energy for 25 minutes but after that they felt the pressure and we had complete control because we pinned them back so far. I thought the midfield 3 were fantastic today.. Ox had a few runs where he overran the ball and lost it, but we've missed him in our midfield over the past year.

Special shoutout to VAR.. if we'd dropped points today because of that not been given to us we'd all be raging. Think the way we use the technology has some way to go yet.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #250 on: September 14, 2019, 09:36:38 pm »
I always feel with this team when we go 1-0 down, we will get back in to the game at some stage. When I used to watch us under Brendan there were times when if we went a goal down, I had no hope in is getting back in to game.

Not just Brendan, we’ve been dreadful for years when going behind. I think when we came from behind to beat Fulham in 2004/2005 it was the first time in about three seasons. You’re right though, no need to panic.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #251 on: September 14, 2019, 09:42:32 pm »
I think Newcastle scoring was a blessing in disguise. We were a bit sloppy at the beginning there but after they scored, we woke up.

Now that the negative is out the way, my god we are a special team. 5/5 is just amazing and that's without our number 1 keeper. I'm not clever enough to put into words how easy Bobby makes football seem. He literally is one of a kind. There is no other striker that could work in our system besides him and Mo and Mane have a lot to thank him for. He's now getting that recognition outside of the LFC fan base and people are now starting to realise he is world class.

Let preparations for Napoli begin...

They all have a lot to thank each other for.

They’re three unique, special players. We really don’t need to be elevating any one of them above the others. Mo and Sadios movement and finishing for each of their goals was exceptional.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #252 on: September 14, 2019, 09:46:06 pm »
Any news on Divock?  He sprawled awkwardly early on and it seemed to mess up his game.  Nothing too serious I hope?
Not heard but I read earlier that Brewster was withdrawn early in the U23 game after they were made aware of the injury.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #253 on: September 14, 2019, 09:47:27 pm »
Missed the game due to working so i've only seen the goals but some lovely moves and finishes from us

Fair play to them too, really good goal to put them ahead. Felt Trent was beaten a little too easily with the trick but nothing could be done about the finish

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #254 on: September 14, 2019, 09:49:24 pm »
VAR! HUH!
What is it good for?
Absolutely nothing...

Say it again.....

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #255 on: September 14, 2019, 09:49:25 pm »
Not heard but I read earlier that Brewster was withdrawn early in the U23 game after they were made aware of the injury.

Doesn't sound good. :(

Popcorn's Art

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #256 on: September 14, 2019, 09:53:26 pm »
Might have just been a precaution ahead of Napoli rather than anything long term
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #257 on: September 14, 2019, 09:54:30 pm »
We're really good. A meteor shower could've turned Anfield in a smouldering crater and we still would've left with three points. How? Somehow, that's how.

Feel like there's an opportunity for Fabinho and Wijnaldum to really click. Gini was finding pockets of space with narrow passing openings available where if he received the ball he would've been able to turn and face Newcastle's back four with our front three ahead of him, however Fabinho wasn't finding him. Happened a handful of times and could see Gini getting a tad frustrated at the wasted opportunities.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #258 on: September 14, 2019, 09:55:58 pm »

Oh lord  :duh

He played on for a fair while after the injury. Subbing an U23 attacker as a precaution is just sensible, doesn’t mean we need to add Divock to the Naby and Alisson list of constant fear mongering over an injury!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: September 14, 2019, 09:57:57 pm »
They all have a lot to thank each other for.

They’re three unique, special players. We really don’t need to be elevating any one of them above the others. Mo and Sadios movement and finishing for each of their goals was exceptional.

Oh 100%, and that wasn't my intention. They all complement each other very well. The point I was trying to make was due to Bobby's unselfish nature, he creates a lot of space for both of them. Of course Mo and Mane take full advantage of that with their world class movement and finishing.

IMO I don't think there is a front three around that work and compliments each other as well as ours. I am interested to see how the Arsenal front three get on in the long run.
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #260 on: September 14, 2019, 09:59:57 pm »
Simply delicious
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #261 on: September 14, 2019, 10:04:37 pm »
Oh lord  :duh

He played on for a fair while after the injury. Subbing an U23 attacker as a precaution is just sensible, doesn’t mean we need to add Divock to the Naby and Alisson list of constant fear mongering over an injury!

I asked a question.  Chill out.

On the face of it, it doesn't sound good.  That might change.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: September 14, 2019, 10:05:57 pm »
We were just too good, nothing they could’ve done to stop us from getting the three point today. Even when we conceded first, the team, and everyone in the ground, remained calm and just seemed to know that we’ll take control and win the game. And so we did. Superb performance.

Mane has been absolutely world class in 2019, lost for words when it comes to Firmino. What a player.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: September 14, 2019, 10:37:26 pm »
Oh 100%, and that wasn't my intention. They all complement each other very well. The point I was trying to make was due to Bobby's unselfish nature, he creates a lot of space for both of them. Of course Mo and Mane take full advantage of that with their world class movement and finishing.

IMO I don't think there is a front three around that work and compliments each other as well as ours. I am interested to see how the Arsenal front three get on in the long run.

Can’t see Arsenal’s even particularly working that well, two of them want/need to play through the middle and Pepe doesn’t seem all that great. Square pegs in round holes and all that. Genuinely think ours is at the level Messi/Neymar/Luis was at when they were at their best. Aguero, Sterling and whoever is obviously strong but always seems more functional than having someone like Bobby capable of little moments of genius.

So yeah, happy for our front three to be the third best in the league after Rashford/James/Beanz and Calvert-Lewin/Richilaaa/Iwobi

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #264 on: September 14, 2019, 10:41:47 pm »

Yeah they are brilliant at coming back from behind. They remain so calm, it's the first time I've seen this so consistently from a Liverpool side in my lifetime.  Today's early goal against us by a Bruce team reminded me of the beachball game (and many like it) where we'd go behind, the opposition would park the bus, and it would never feel like we could overcome it.   Huge credit to Jurgen and the lads for sorting that, they are amazing.

Offline redman64

• Anny Roader
« Reply #265 on: September 14, 2019, 11:27:49 pm »
Isn't Lineker an absolute fuckin joke? You can see Wright laughing at his audacity. Thing is, we're gonna have the last laugh. Ha ha!

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: September 15, 2019, 12:01:06 am »
Jurgen said it looked like Dviock had twisted his ankle. He’ll have a scan and we’ll see from there
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #267 on: September 15, 2019, 12:07:07 am »
We were just too good, nothing they could’ve done to stop us from getting the three point today. Even when we conceded first, the team, and everyone in the ground, remained calm and just seemed to know that we’ll take control and win the game. And so we did. Superb performance.

Mane has been absolutely world class in 2019, lost for words when it comes to Firmino. What a player.

I think it's more than that. Last year or before we ran from the block at the first whistle, tired ourselves out. This year, it's a near opposite. Our second half performances is where when get into third gear. 

Offline Bolton

• Kemlynite
  • Hot Topic!
« Reply #268 on: September 15, 2019, 12:11:50 am »
It's unreal what a difference bobby makes. My favourite player for the last couple of seasons, but he's started this year on a different level. No. 6 and the Copa seem to have supercharged him. Power Up

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Offline gjr1

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: September 15, 2019, 12:14:49 am »
I don’t go to Anfield I live in Australia but in previous seasons you could feel the tension even on the tele. As each minute passed and it was 0-0 or 1-1 the tension would build and build. Either we’d score the winner and everyone went bonkers or it’d be a draw and another 2 points dropped.

This year I’m not feeling that tension. Maybe it’s a champions of Europe thing but I sense calm through the tele when I watch.

It’s been a great start for sure
Obi-Wan:
Mos Eisley spaceport. You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

Offline Bolton

• Kemlynite
  • Hot Topic!
« Reply #270 on: September 15, 2019, 12:21:03 am »
I don’t go to Anfield I live in Australia but in previous seasons you could feel the tension even on the tele. As each minute passed and it was 0-0 or 1-1 the tension would build and build. Either we’d score the winner and everyone went bonkers or it’d be a draw and another 2 points dropped.

This year I’m not feeling that tension. Maybe it’s a champions of Europe thing but I sense calm through the tele when I watch.

It’s been a great start for sure
I completely agree, I was relaxed at 1 nil. This team is just so good..... Backed them to win. Easy money [emoji1303]
These are great days we need to cherish them (gin making me emotional [emoji6])

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Offline sirKennyDaggers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #271 on: September 15, 2019, 12:26:09 am »
Stat: @LFC’s lead of 5 points is the biggest after 5 matches in Premier League history.

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: September 15, 2019, 12:30:20 am »
It is certaintly very different from last season, when we were in a tight title race and even the past few seasons when we were still trying to get in the Champions League. Every minute going by when we were not winning, You could sense Anfield becoming antsy. Even when we were leading by a single goal, Anfield was still antsy

Not this time. The fans were enjoying themselves. In fact, I did not even want the match to end.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #273 on: September 15, 2019, 12:33:51 am »
Stat: @LFC’s lead of 5 points is the biggest after 5 matches in Premier League history.
We did have the easiest start on paper from all our competitors though, so that helps. But the biggest help was City losing to Norwich, of coarse.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: September 15, 2019, 12:50:55 am »
O happy day!
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #275 on: September 15, 2019, 03:29:57 am »
I've only had a chance to watch it now, as I had a game of my own at the same time. Could have been 5-1. What it must be to be a Newcastle fan and see the defensive surety of Rafa replaced by the last-minute-last-ditch-hope-against-hope defending of Bruce.

Played our new-old-skool 2-5-3 shape again, 75% possession 8 shots on target, 3 goals, 3 points, City lost, and my team won 7-1. Not sure how much better this Saturday could have gone ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Mini Soda Scousephile

• Give us a snog, now.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • At the end of the storm there's a golden sky
« Reply #276 on: September 15, 2019, 03:54:38 am »

It's really about as great of a start to the season - injuries aside - as anyone could have hoped for.
Obviously there's still a ways to go, but it's a heck of a start - and especially as people get themselves healthy again, who knows what this season could bring.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #277 on: September 15, 2019, 04:29:31 am »
I've only had a chance to watch it now, as I had a game of my own at the same time. Could have been 5-1. What it must be to be a Newcastle fan and see the defensive surety of Rafa replaced by the last-minute-last-ditch-hope-against-hope defending of Bruce.

Played our new-old-skool 2-5-3 shape again, 75% possession 8 shots on target, 3 goals, 3 points, City lost, and my team won 7-1. Not sure how much better this Saturday could have gone ;D
Karaoke?

8)
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #278 on: September 15, 2019, 04:31:55 am »
Karaoke?

8)

Not even that.

I also had Penne Arrabiata for dinner, with a side of broccoli rabe.

Better looking than Samie.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: September 15, 2019, 04:47:31 am »

Hate these stats. The last one said whatever team was leading at X date had won the PL every time (but once and it was us). And we didn’t win again.