Author Topic: MATCH PREVIEW - World Champions v Manchester United, Sunday 19 January, 16:30  (Read 55275 times)

Offline rebel23

• Rebel without a cause
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Same as Spurs i reckon. OX to gert another 60 mins?

Rashford with a back complaint. He will play.  Our defenders should test him.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Really hoping that such a big gap between Spurs and United wont upset our rhythm.  They don't have our fitness levels and can't sustain our playing intensity for extended periods.  We could really start picking them off after an hour or so.  We really need to play our own game though, and for once forget who we are up against.

About the best thing you can say is at least it wont be Atkinson this time.  That's probably not saying much though!

Referee: Craig Pawson.
Assistants: Richard West, Scott Ledger.
Fourth official: Jonathan Moss.
VAR: Paul Tierney.
Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Barrow Shaun

• Legacy Fan
  • Off the coach, through the park.....
Scared. It's United. Always been scared. Nothing changes.
officially accepted RAWK source of information

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
Just beat them.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
Still my most hated match every season.......... Things tend to go bad against them for some reason.

Even last season when we totally blew them away (and got mourinho the sack), they still manage to score an equalizer against us. It was't until shaqiri came on that we beat them.

This season MU have totally become the new Crystal Palace. They are a "100% counter-attacking" team. So lets not play into their hands.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline VictoryFor96

• Main Stander
my prediction : 4-0 / 4-1 / 5-1

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
I agree with the general consensus - we can expect them to play deep and try to hit us on the counter attack. So I expect us to take the same approach as against Spurs - keep the ball, be patient and seize our opportunities. We’re by far the better team and we’re at home. No way should they have a hope of even getting a draw.

We just don’t want the switching off that we saw against Spurs. Rashford (assuming he’s playing) is a better finisher than anyone Spurs had on the pitch last week so we can’t afford to give them chances. Although he’ll have to be on peak form to beat Alisson at the moment.

I feel pretty confident we’ll win, but taking nothing for granted.

I’d be happy with either Ox or Lallana starting. I trust Klopp to make the right choice. The rest of the team pretty much picks itself, assuming Fabinho and Matip aren’t yet ready to start.

Offline Tatarunas

• Main Stander
  • Bring Them Cups Home
I think players had enough with having difficult games against utd. Having a longer break we will blitzkrieg their defence. Virgil to score. 3-0

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
I used to think the players gave this shower too much respect in recent times, but even as shite as they are, I can feel pre-match nerves already and its only Thursday.

I genuinely don't care how we do it, just as long as we beat them.

Actually.... fook it, lets have them off 6-0  ;D
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan

Referee: Craig Pawson.
Assistants:  Alex Ferguson, Pep Guardiola
Fourth official: Jonathan Moss.
VAR: Paul Tierney.
Assistant VAR: Andy Halliday.

Bloody hell doesn't get any worse than that.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Geezer08

• Legacy Fan
Hate this fixture. They always raise their game against us. Any win will do

Offline Judge Red

• Kopite
MATCH PREVIEW - World Champions v Manchester United, Sunday 19 January, 16:30
« Reply #131 on: January 16, 2020, 08:41:47 am »
Ridiculous these will he, won’t he play scenarios this lot conjure up days before a game with us. Always expect them to play.

Regardless, let’s tear them a new one. Let’s face it a battering of these has long been overdue. We need the crowd to be right into them from the very first whistle as much as the players. Their away fans will be as rowdy as usual as they need to save face even though the majority of fans I know secretly realise they are shite.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2020, 08:43:24 am by Judge Red »

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
my prediction : 4-0 / 4-1 / 5-1

Mate there's only 2 halves.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline KurtVerbose

• Legacy Fan
  • Burp! ...excuse me.
A couple of early goals, then make them run around trying to get the ball off us while we add a couple more.

Maguire miss hits the ball and gets Ole in the plums. Even Ferguson laughs which makes him $hit himself, even though he's not on the hard shoulder.

The perfect outcome.
You try me once you beg for more.

Offline davidlpool1982

• Legacy Fan
He came on as a sub, and lasted 15 minutes before picking up an injury and having to go off.

Will probably be fine for Sunday, but it's not a tactic or red herring. Maybe you're overthinking it?

You say that, but the last two times we've faced United (the two Ole games) they've had "injuries" that Ole said they would definitely be out for the game yet they rise Lazarus like off their bed. I think it was De Gea for the October game and a couple for the one last March. The plan backfired in the one due to them all having to go off, but it's happened twice now.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
Robbo just needs to calm it down a notch - don't want anything predictable happening.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
Come on reds, let's show them we only play to win at Anfield

:scarf
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Yesitsanextender

• Colonel Mustard in the en-suite bathroom with a lead pipe.
  • Anny Roader
  • i love klopp, kloppy klopp klopp, down in my belly
we just need to play OUR game...that's it...technically its zero pressure for us (not to say that's a good thing either)  but if we play the way we want which is high intensity, attacking, tenacious football it will be too much for them. the crowd will be up for it of course and as a previous post mentioned, concentrate on not doing anything harsh or stupid and we should be fine.

Offline Lidmanen

• Main Stander
Same as Spurs i reckon. OX to gert another 60 mins?

Rashford with a back complaint. He will play.  Our defenders should test him.

Yeah I'd start Ox. Wasn't brilliant against Spurs but think his presence would disrupt United a bit more. Plus, he's making all the right noises about wanting to score more screamers at the Kop end.

As with Spurs, give him the start and then bring Lallana on to close it out.

Offline Tame_Impala

• You wanna know why I always think I’m right?
  • Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
Can't see Rashford actually being injured, brought on begrudgingly to score a goal, they score almost instantly and he's off with an "injury" ten minutes later.

I'm sure Solskjaer tried a similar fast one with De Gea in the away fixture by ruling him out and then he appeared on the teamsheet a day later. We know Ole will try every trick in the book to get one over on us, whether it's wheeling out fergie's corpse or trying "mind games" with the selection. Wouldn't be surprised at all if was fully fit & Rashford started Sunday. Fucking little goblin head thinks he's Mourinho, can't wait for us to absolutely bladder them

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Rashford will start, absolutely no doubt. We need to play the game and the team, not the club. We've been bizarrely intimidated by them in recent years, save for the anfield fixture last year. They're terrible at the back, just get after them.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
Can't see us starting any of the lads who've just returned from injury. Don't really see the need to take that risk either. I'd go with:

Alisson
TAA - Gomez - VVD - Robertson
Chamberlain - Henderson - Wijnaldum
Salah - Firmino - Mane

You never know with this kind of game, but with very little actually on the line, I think we'll turn up well-rested and get stuck right in. We'll be up for it in the crowd and I think we'll school them.

Offline PHIL.

• Anny Roader
  • Unbearable
They're terrible at the back, just get after them.

True enough. Watching their game last night, it was so easy for Wolves to get in at them. The difference with us is that we have so much more quality to actually hurt them when we do that. If one of our front three is at it, we should score a few here.

Offline Tame_Impala

• Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
Rashford will start, absolutely no doubt. We need to play the game and the team, not the club. We've been bizarrely intimidated by them in recent years, save for the anfield fixture last year. They're terrible at the back, just get after them.

That's it. They're shite. I hope we don't show them any respect, we owe them a pasting. I thought we were on course to give them one at Anfield last season but that absolute fluke of a goal they scored gave them something to hold on to & they defended for their lives until we broke the deadlock.

I'm sure Klopp & the lads won't be looking at this team as "Manchester United" but a piss-poor mid-table side with many weaknesses we can exploit. Just need to get an earlyish goal & I feel they'll absolutely crumble

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
The big bad Manchester United you need to respect simply do not exist any more. May as well be FC United for all the footballing nous they will take to us (with my apologies to FC United!)

Humble 'em .

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Can't see us starting any of the lads who've just returned from injury. Don't really see the need to take that risk either. I'd go with:

Alisson
TAA - Gomez - VVD - Robertson
Chamberlain - Henderson - Wijnaldum
Salah - Firmino - Mane

You never know with this kind of game, but with very little actually on the line, I think we'll turn up well-rested and get stuck right in. We'll be up for it in the crowd and I think we'll school them.

The bit in bold, though it'll probably upset a few people, is correct. What we did brilliantly at tottenham was not fall into mourinho's trap of looking desperately to break them down, we just kept the ball, took our time and when the chance came - bang, then we spent the rest of the game squeezing the life out of them. That's exactly what we can afford to do here. If they've come to defend and stay behind the ball, well that's alright, just pass, pass, pass, pass, pass....calmly does it, they'll crack in the end. They all do.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
We need to disrespect and humiliate them this weekend. I think this is the game where the massive gulf in class between our two sides is shown. Even the same fixture last season wasn't too straight forward in that the Shaqiri sub changed the game. I feel this will be much more comfortable.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
Can't see Rashford actually being injured, brought on begrudgingly to score a goal, they score almost instantly and he's off with an "injury" ten minutes later.

I'm sure Solskjaer tried a similar fast one with De Gea in the away fixture by ruling him out and then he appeared on the teamsheet a day later. We know Ole will try every trick in the book to get one over on us, whether it's wheeling out fergie's corpse or trying "mind games" with the selection. Wouldn't be surprised at all if was fully fit & Rashford started Sunday. Fucking little goblin head thinks he's Mourinho, can't wait for us to absolutely bladder them

I genuinely don't think our preparations will be all that concerned about *who* starts for them, we'll be more focused on our game plan, and how we approach the game - OGS could throw a curve ball and put himself upfront, and it'd make absolutely not an iota of a difference to how we will have prepared for this game.

Make no mistake, there's only one team worrying about how to stop the opposition and it's not us.

Offline Tame_Impala

• Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...
The big bad Manchester United you need to respect simply do not exist any more.

*Steven French voice*

"The big, bad, wicked red devils blubbered like a baby"

Offline oxenstierna

• Legacy Fan
Rashford will start, go to ground during the first half and end up just limping the whole second half without being near the ball

Offline Living Legends

• Legacy Fan
  • 5 Times Baby! Make that 6 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Our game continues to evolve and get better, raising an all ready incredibly high bar, even higher.
We are now playing with an air of authority that only Trophies can bring.
The way we keep the ball for such long periods now is very reminiscent of Barca in their Hay day.
That's why I can see us putting a smack down on them on Sunday.
That and the fact they had the bare faced cheek to draw against us at their place  ;D
They'll spend much of the afternoon chasing shadows  8)

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
Win this and we're one win away against Wolves - which will be an even bigger test than this - from making it 3/3 against Spurs, United and Wolves. On paper that's a very difficult run of games and if we manage to get through it unscathed, nobody is stopping us on our way to the title. Looking at our remaining fixtures, it's probably the toughest 3-4 week period we have until the end of the season. Yes, we still have Chelsea, Arsenal, City and Everton to navigate through but the games are more spread out. And the Chelsea and Arsenal games are within the last three fixtures of the season where we could have it all wrapped up.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
Dave Maddock has just said "Fabinho, Matip, Shaqiri all completed full session with #LFC in intense training session today, will be available for the weekend. Lovren did a tailored session alone. Milner and Keita due to resume rehab outside later in week and could return to training next week if all well."

Offline MJD-L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Mellor, lovely cushioned header...For GERRAAARD!"
There's a few Everton fans on twitter trying to spread rumors of us planning an attack on the United coach on Sunday.

I don't think this United team deserve the respect of an unsettling welcome, they're shit enough without us trying to put them off their game before Kick Off. 3-0, Mo to get 2, Ox with the 3rd.

I'm fully expecting Rashford to start, not arsed at all about who they play though, we'll twat them whoever they've got on the pitch!

COME ON YOU REDMEN!!  :scarf

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
There's a few Everton fans on twitter trying to spread rumors of us planning an attack on the United coach on Sunday.

I don't think this United team deserve the respect of an unsettling welcome, they're shit enough without us trying to put them off their game before Kick Off. 3-0, Mo to get 2, Ox with the 3rd.

I'm fully expecting Rashford to start, not arsed at all about who they play though, we'll twat them whoever they've got on the pitch!

COME ON YOU REDMEN!!  :scarf
We should cheer their coach to the ground.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
Just treat these fuckers like any other mid table dross, didn't even know they played last night or what fake injury news the desperate pricks are trying to peddle. Get stuck in, ravage their shite, fat defence and make sure they leave the home of the club World Champions with fuck all.

3-0 to the Mighty Reds!
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
Robbo just needs to calm it down a notch - don't want anything predictable happening.

He'll be under a microscope now. I know exactly what you mean
See Salah last season, all the diving shouts and the aftermath of that
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Smellytrabs

• Sme-llytrabs....what are they feeding you? It's not your fault! Has an anus that looks like a *
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
I think we're really going to fuck them up. We have found such a stride at the minute, couple that with the crowd in full voice and there is no way we aren't absolutely twatting this dross.

Offline Tame_Impala

• Main Stander
  • I'll tell you why...

Short memories from FC high horse seeing as they broke in to their own fucking training ground last week & threatened to do a basil fawlty on walcott's car

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
They’re shite. We’re the best team in the world and playing in our colosseum. They’re knackered. We’ve had over a week off. Given all of the relevant factors, I can’t see anything other than a convincing victory.