Author Topic: Liverpool 1 (2-1agg) 1 Hearts: Full time........  (Read 27171 times)

Offline iRed

• Kopite
Re: Liverpool 1 (2-1agg) 1 Hearts: Full time........
« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2012, 10:19:55 pm »
Wasnt really supporting their team? They sang about us and luis suarez for most of the game?
Taunting the opposition at the ground is a form of support.

Offline El Festino

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
« Reply #201 on: August 30, 2012, 10:20:10 pm »
Were we playing at Tynecastle tonight?

Atmosphere was absolute rubbish from the off as usual. Why do the crowd let opposition supporters get away with making the most noise and singing the usual crap against us it really winds me up.

D- for the Liverpool supporters' contribution must try harder.

A* for the Hearts fans' support

As for the game job done thank goodness is the best I can come up with
Harsh on the fans that were actually there mate. Wouldn't say the hearts fans supported their team. They sang anti-liverpool songs and about suarez for the night.

Offline danielfonseca

• Clearly mad as a hatter who's gone mad with a box of frogs cracked up on SunnyD in a confined space and high on sherbet with no tea. Mad.
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #202 on: August 30, 2012, 10:21:31 pm »
But they're going to raise they're game when they're playing a big team from down south aren't they? We have been knocked out of enough cup competitions by lower league teams over the years to know that.

Fair enough, but you would have thought positive ambience over the last few days would have resulted in a better performance and lets not forget that was a strong team out there that played.

Also lets be honest chap hearts not good team not even champioship , i was thinking while watching the game, i am good enough to play for hearts !!! (lol)
"My methods have translated and worked well from Halmstad to Malmo"

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: August 30, 2012, 10:21:32 pm »
We got through.

Well done Hearts. THEY REPRESENTED THE sCOTTISH LEAGUE WELL
sorry i follow celtic as well                            hearts  or sevco will never represent us in any shape or form

now lets get back to the business in hand
we need a striker :butt

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: August 30, 2012, 10:22:01 pm »
We sing songs about Rooney, Neville etc  and anti Manc songs is that not supporting?
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: August 30, 2012, 10:22:42 pm »
Taunting the opposition at the ground is a form of support.

In the same way that sarcasm is a form of wit.

One of the biggest games they've played and they sung about us and not their team - chanting anti-Suarez shite isn't going to lift your team, it's going to piss of Suarez in his own back yard and that's the worst thing to do if you want to get through to the next round

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: August 30, 2012, 10:23:23 pm »
Difficult one to analyse, as I thought a fair few of our players had pretty good games but as a team we looked disjointed and not particularly effective.

- Thought Henderson and Allen were very good, and although I have never particularly rated Shelvey I thought he had a very impressive game. His passing was infinitely better than in the first leg and he was positive in his play.
- Suarez won't play that poorly again any time soon. Finishing was wayward again as was his touch but he's still always capable of producing a little bit of magic. He needs to improve though.
- Downing was... surprisingly decent, dare I say good, at LB. Wasn't tested too much but think he can be a very useful option there.
- Kelly was a bit meh, think he has regressed a wee bit since last season and the previous one. I'm hopeful its just a wee dip in form cos he has been boss for us at RB in the past and he gets up and down the line very well.
- The passing about at the back makes me incredibly uneasy, I'm still not sure the players are comfortable with it and it shows.
- Reina needs to pull his socks up and sharpish. He's a fabulous keeper and suits our system but for the past 18months his form has deteriorated so much to the point that there are about 10 other keepers in the league who are currently better, when he used to be one of the best. I'm not saying get rid of him of course, I think he just needs a kick up the arse, or we need to get in a keeper to genuinely challenge him.

Offline RedRabbit

• Rampant but without the batteries.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • این نیز بگذرد
« Reply #207 on: August 30, 2012, 10:23:28 pm »
Signing about the home team all game is not fucking support. It's bellendery.

If Liverpool fans sat singing shit about Messi for 90 minutes at the Nou Camp we'd call them bellends too.

Bellends.

Offline Rococo

• mo-sissoko
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: August 30, 2012, 10:23:35 pm »
Relieved we got through - made a lot harder work than we needed to.

Joe Allen was fantastic. Notable mention for Downing at LB, thought he did very well

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #209 on: August 30, 2012, 10:24:19 pm »
We sing songs about Rooney, Neville etc  and anti Manc songs is that not supporting?

No it's not supporting the team........do you think it gives our players a lift when we sing about the opposition?
#JFT97

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #210 on: August 30, 2012, 10:25:08 pm »
do we do it for the entire game?
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: August 30, 2012, 10:25:15 pm »

That's different, Rooney actually is a c*nt  :-X - and there is history and bad blood there. Not the same at all and you know it

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: August 30, 2012, 10:25:58 pm »
Pathetic to be honest, should be twatting Hearts home and away yet we scrape through a 180 minute tie with them thanks to a piece of genius in the last few minutes.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #213 on: August 30, 2012, 10:27:07 pm »
Suarez's first touch today was shocking at times; reminds me, and always has, of Dirk Kuyt.

I know it's like an old, old broken record, but we desperately need an out-and-out finisher.

Henderson played really well today.

Continually on 11,420.

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: August 30, 2012, 10:27:09 pm »
No it's not supporting the team........do you think it gives our players a lift when we sing about the opposition?

I say a bit of chanting about opposition players and the team can raise our players yes. Infact it may fuel some hatred in player and get them pumped up. I know if I was Playing it would fire me up, a hostile atmosphere involves these chants etc that gets players fire up
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline blah

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: August 30, 2012, 10:28:09 pm »
Phew, that was a let off. Henderson and Jonjo looked good. Suarez had a poor night until the end.

Anyone know why we were using a Warrior football? I thought there were official match balls for European games?

Offline impz

• Kopite
« Reply #216 on: August 30, 2012, 10:28:38 pm »
job done I guess
from the land of ice and fire.

Ohh and the occasional bank collapse and finacial crisis.

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #217 on: August 30, 2012, 10:29:22 pm »
An awful watch once again in the Europa league but the result was the most important aspect. This game like many others recently has screamed 'We need an out and out striker' yet we just loaned one. Massive 24 hours ahead to see if we bring in one.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:36:38 pm by keano7 »
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #218 on: August 30, 2012, 10:29:36 pm »
Everyone still seems to think that every home tie should end up with a Beşiktaş scoreline.

We're through, it's all that matters.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #219 on: August 30, 2012, 10:30:04 pm »
Fair enough, but you would have thought positive ambience over the last few days would have resulted in a better performance and lets not forget that was a strong team out there that played.
It was a strong team on paper, but an experimental one. Downing as left back, and Henderson as left side attacker. Morgan on the right, who has the right mentality, but not yet ready. Credit to Hearts they give everything they had, and that is hopefully not true about our players. The job is done, who has heart problems shouldn't follow Liverpool this season, it seems.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Growl

• Main Stander
  • Grizzled.
« Reply #220 on: August 30, 2012, 10:30:04 pm »
Righto mate i'm Scottish and proud of it so shut your face for starters they are c*nts i agree but less of the Scottish part or have you not noticed 90% of commentators are anti Liverpool do u then call them biased English c*nts ?......no didn't think it. :no
Well done on adding yourself to the list.

Offline unusg

• heron
  • Kopite
  • first is first. second is nowhere !!
« Reply #221 on: August 30, 2012, 10:30:34 pm »
Relieved at the outcome. disappointed with the performance and woeful finishing.

i wonder if Suarez needs a rest. He hasnt had much of a break since he came back from the ban and mentally he seems off the pace compared to his usual game. His passing today and on sunday was poor and touch was a bit off a few times.

Pepe needs to have a look at himself. Either he is not working hard enough in training or a break from midweek games should be given to him as we have a couple of decent back up keepers anyway who could do with game time.

Offline redannie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: August 30, 2012, 10:30:43 pm »
Were you at the game? No? Then don't complain about those who were there, supporting their team. Pisses me off no end.

No I wasn't, can't afford it after 20 odd seasons of never missing a home game but this has been a problem for a long, long time, instead of drowning out the 'sign on' song and the rest the home crowd fall silent.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: August 30, 2012, 10:31:02 pm »
DeVries is actually two years older than Reina. And he'd be a back-up like Jones. Not good enough to start.
:duh ... Anyway, my point still stands, although I do remember reading in pepe's bio that he used to have a very special GK coach that got the best out of him. Can't remember his name but it's clear that he misses him
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: August 30, 2012, 10:31:39 pm »
Quite a british football night this second half. :)

One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Trim0582

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: August 30, 2012, 10:32:49 pm »

He has a point - they were c*nts and he's agreeing, but it's not because they are scottish, it's just cause they are c*nts, leave nationality out of it!

Offline kevmck

• Kopite
« Reply #226 on: August 30, 2012, 10:33:37 pm »
I watched the first leg thinking.. ok.. decent supporters these.. cheering etc.  then they started in with the 'sign on sign on.. you'll never get a job' shit - at which point i lumped them in with the dumb shit supporters of the nobody teams in England.  Though those teams at least in my mind can have a go because we play in the same league.. when a bunch of fans from a no-mark SPL team do it.. well.. small time.  Then this leg.. more of the same.. with the added 'luis suarez you know who you are' - so bored of that already.  Small team attitude.. they sang because they were at a team that eclipses them.. to be expected.  No need to make all their songs about us though and not their own (with the exception of maybe 2 rounds of "when the hearts go marching in") - the rest was about insulting not just our players, but us as fans..

Someone posted that we sing songs about Rooney, Neville etc.. well.. to be fair.. they're a gang of gobshites... so deserve it :D  - but seriously.. I don't mind them slagging off the team (well I mind.. but I can understand it.. we do the same with theirs).. but when they start slagging off the fans (and thats exactly what they're doing with the sign on sign on shit) it stops being 'good support' and starts being them just being complete and utter twats.

Now.. as to the game..

Its going to be a very long season if we have to keep watching crap like what was on display tonight.

Far too much fannying around backpassing for me to be comfortable.. oh we have the ball.. send it back to reina.. oh reina passed me the ball.. lets send it back there.  Every now and then is one thing.. when its the bulk of the play.. its something else completely.

Thought Downing did pretty well.. and obviously Suarez had a nightmare until he finally scored.  Was nice to see a start for Morgan, though its clear hes not quite ready yet.. and Sterling.. nothing to say there except that he has to start from here on out.  We looked so much more threatening with him on the pitch.

Gotta hope that we get a couple of proper goal scorers in tomorrow.

Offline Cocomin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: August 30, 2012, 10:34:08 pm »
You've school in the morning off to bed tough guy

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: August 30, 2012, 10:35:12 pm »
An awful watch once again in the Europa league but the result was the most important aspect. This game like many others recently has screamed 'We need an out and out striker' yet we just sold one. Massive 24 hours ahead to see if we bring in one.
we neither sold him nor he's an out and out striker.
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

Offline iRed

• Kopite
« Reply #229 on: August 30, 2012, 10:35:20 pm »
In the same way that sarcasm is a form of wit.

One of the biggest games they've played and they sung about us and not their team - chanting anti-Suarez shite isn't going to lift your team, it's going to piss of Suarez in his own back yard and that's the worst thing to do if you want to get through to the next round
Anfield was sold out tonight.  Had every chance to drown them out whenever they piped up.

People feign this disgust when small-minded supporters from smaller clubs act... small-minded.  Go to the ground and do something about it or stop complaining.

Offline Pendzo

• Kopite
« Reply #230 on: August 30, 2012, 10:35:40 pm »
Can't believe we only just scraped this and we had the referee on our side for once.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #231 on: August 30, 2012, 10:35:44 pm »

What?

We sing them occasionally not for 90 mins

And i think we have a few sings of our own aswell. How fucking insulting from one of our own
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Growl

• Main Stander
  • Grizzled.
« Reply #232 on: August 30, 2012, 10:36:19 pm »
You've school in the morning off to bed tough guy
Seems to me that it was you who charged in, attempting the tough guy routine. I'd have apologised and amended my post if you hadn't have done.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 10:40:08 pm by Growl »

Offline Mashy-rawr!nooo

• Oordeers friiees wiith hiis whoopers!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Once upon a time.....
« Reply #233 on: August 30, 2012, 10:36:55 pm »
Everyone still seems to think that every home tie should end up with a Beşiktaş scoreline.

We're through, it's all that matters.

This,some games will be tough. I'd taken a last gash piece of skill from Suarez to get us through then a world class 4-4 performance with super goals by liverpool let down by mistakes for the opposition 4
My Grammar is shit. I no it and you no it.
They're Stoke. They throw sticks at aeroplanes there

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: August 30, 2012, 10:39:02 pm »
Phew! It was our game, but when we couldn't score, they were always going to have a chance. Fortunately Suarez managed to find the net. Naturally when the angle wasn't the best. Poor mistake by Reina on the goal. We can only be grateful it didn't cost us. We could do with another attacking option. We are too dependent on Suarez. At least with Suarez and Gerrard close to each other we will create chances, but we need others to add in. Anyway, job done. That's all that matters.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline edeyj

• Legacy Fan
  • 1-2,1-2-3,1-2-3-4...5-0
« Reply #235 on: August 30, 2012, 10:41:31 pm »
Through to the group phase....job done.

New striker signs tomorrow....hope its Sturridge but probably Dempsey.

Onwards to the Arsenal game.

Online rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: August 30, 2012, 10:42:01 pm »
Not a bad performance from the lads, nothing to get excited about either but we were ok till we got to the final third. Hearts did fuck all to worry us and the 1 save pepe has to make he messes it up.Worried about the increasing number of errors in his game. Also thought shelvey was motm followed by stewie downing. Suarez again showed both sides to his game, can be so frustrating but hes a genius and we love him. Lastly thought the hearts fans were a sad bunch. The whole game they spent signin songs about us and good to see them jumpin on the luis suarez hate bandwagon. Even when he was waving for the ref to stop play when their keeper was down he still got abuse.. Anyways hoping for a favourable draw tommorrow and a goal scorer
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: August 30, 2012, 10:42:25 pm »
That we're not racist song needs to be binned anyway, why keep bringing up the Suarez Evra thing really, its dead and buried now.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #238 on: August 30, 2012, 10:42:35 pm »
Nothing was gained out of in match threads. Just knee jerking loons

Now the post game threads are getting worse and worse. WUMS, kneejerkers, people fighting. really is no real point in these threads. Nothing is discussed rationally
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: August 30, 2012, 10:42:47 pm »
Through to the group phase....job done.

New striker signs tomorrow....hope its Sturridge but probably Dempsey.

Onwards to the Arsenal game.
I like Sturridge but he also isn't a world beater when it comes to chance conversion as far as I can remember.  We should be looking internationally for this one.