Author Topic: I'm really genuinely concerned...no rant intended  (Read 117922 times)

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
I'm really genuinely concerned...no rant intended
« on: July 31, 2012, 12:16:50 pm »
..can anyone set me at ease, at all? Anyone?

I've been shrugging off football lately, last year i nearly walked away after the Suarez affair which killed my love for the sport, i've been sticking it on the back burner and trying to put my mind on other things.

After Kenny was sacked those feelings returned, the disassociation came back stronger than ever. After the relief of Rogers being given the hot seat over Martinez, my tiny shred of optimism has recently turned into fully fledged despair at seeing us slowly slip away. It feels like this is happening, i don't feel that this is a new start, i dont have any confidence going forward and faith, it feels more like the epilogue.

I understand theres changes underway, i understand some players have their time and move on, thats football and thats life. But whats happening lately is setting the alarm bells off for the second time in 6 years and i think im finally losing the will to support a club that means a whole lot.

This isn't a post for sticking a knife into the owners, people know my stance on here regarding them which is less than impressed, but the slashed wages cull, the huge links of major squad players being rumoured to be off like Skrtel, Agger, Carroll (whether you like him or not), Bellamy, Aquilani (yes the guy is worth a shot), and even Pepe on top of the loss of Kuyt and Maxi is extremely worrying. The incoming rumours seem to be 20% of the outgoings. The club has no structure at the top and we have Brendan Rodgers who may sink or may swim, and who is actually on a hiding to nothing in the long run, as we've seen before if the results don't follow, the cries will be on him before he's had time to warm his bench seat for half the season.

I've also noticed that henry is getting it from Sox fans too - what effect does that have for LFC in the long run?

So is it time to just let it slide, accept that this is it, this is the fall from grace thats been threatening to happen for a few years and hope that maybe in 10 years time we will have some sort of renaissance, and concentrate on family and work? Maybe it is.

One thing i do regret though, i used to moan about Rafa. I liked him but disagreed at times with some of his policies, but by goodness, the man had a plan and a vision and im so sorry it never got the chance to fulfill. I fear the same for Rogers. I think he has a plan and is a footballing man. i just dont think he will get the backing he needs, i think one of the main reasons he is here is to be 'resourceful' and possibly through grit, determination and fortune, scrape us back into the big time.

No doubt this thread may get locked if the topic strays, but i just want you to understand my frustration, and yeah i may snipe from time to time, but thats through the frustration. I guess we will see in the next few weeks.

"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline HariLFC

• Kopite
  • Walk on with hope in your heart.
Re: I'm really genuinely concerned...no rant intended
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2012, 12:20:36 pm »
I'm terrified by not knowing what's going on. Other than that.... as you were.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2012, 12:21:32 pm »
Don't worry. There'll soon be a rumble of thunder and lightening bolts will illuminate your troubled times. Don't worry. Be happy. All's well in The God's own little corner that we call Anfield. VIV LA FSG!
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Online JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2012, 12:24:27 pm »
Under Promise and Over Deliver.

At this moment, it seems they have over promised and under delivered on all counts: stadium/redevelopment, squad, management structure.

It could all change by the time the season starts, and there's a chance it will. It seems I keep waiting for the moment they swing into action, and waiting and waiting and waiting. 

At this moment, I do have this anxiety that we are slowly being positioned as a top seven team rather than fighting towards being a top four one.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2012, 12:26:11 pm by Voltaire »
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Cre_mCr_cker

• Green A_my!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2012, 12:24:59 pm »
Hardly FSG's fault what the papers write is it?
This is a Liverpool forum. We are not talking about Demba Ba's cock.

My feet are wet but my cups are bone dry! Everything's comin' up Milhouse!

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2012, 12:26:54 pm »
I understand your feelings. But once Thursday comes and the guys take to the field again it will start to fade.

Then once the window closes we'll know exactly who wants to be here and fight and who doesn't care about our cause.

If players leave then they leave. Players come and go. But the club wont die and as long as those players that stay know they have to fight then we'll be fine.

Offline just Riggins?

• seeks man with gsoh 28-36. Likes a man in uniform.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2012, 12:27:32 pm »
I've got similar feelings but for now I'm going to sit tight, see what happens come the end of the window and give my full support to Rodgers.  It's all we can do at this point.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2012, 12:30:22 pm »
I could not believe how quick FSG changed from the reported senior director of football structure to full power to a young manager, its Berndan Rodgers not Mourinho. They seem to have a new direction each season.

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2012, 12:34:13 pm »
Catch 22, mate. End of this transfer season we'll have a clear indication. & by then it will be too late.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2012, 12:36:59 pm »
Let's just see what happens by end of transfer window

Offline RyanBabelsFish

• used2bee1101
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2012, 12:37:42 pm »
It's just the way the game is now. We don't have rich backers. We didn't build the big stadium. We didn't develop our commercial arm when the PL took off. Too many mistakes.

I fear knocking around the top seven will be our fate :(
My Tips @ www.inside-bet.com

RH: "You're under pressure as manager of Liverpool if you lose two games at any point in the season and we've already lost, five I think, out of eight, or is it four?"

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2012, 12:40:08 pm »
I think we over analyse everything because theres no football to enjoy, lets just wait till the season starts before we start worrying.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2012, 12:43:18 pm »

Too late.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2012, 12:43:32 pm »
The lack of structure and strategy at the club is my biggest worry.

No CEO, no Sporting Director. Nobody of any football knowledge or expertise above the manager. Relying on a man in Ian Ayre with little executive experience in football who made a complete pigs ear of the Suarez affair.

We just don't learn from mistakes.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline fefs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2012, 12:44:00 pm »

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2012, 12:46:11 pm »
I share your worries.

Becoming more and more disillusioned with football right now.

Just want the season to start and the transfer window to close so we can see where we stand then.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2012, 12:48:37 pm »
Get behind the manager and shut your dirty mouths!
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2012, 12:49:03 pm »
Many of your worries, whilst understandable in many respects, are based on rumours and as of yet unknowns in relation to our transfer dealings this summer. There are two main things that i'd point out with this:

1) There's five weeks left in the transfer window. That's a long time in football and a lot can and no doubt will, happen.

2) Rodgers' has arguably arrived in the single worst possible summer, with two major tournaments massively disrupting his opportunity to hit the ground running, which undoubtedly is centred around assessing the existing squad and on the back of that, formulating a plan in relation to what he feels we need to bring in (or sell). He's barely had that opportunity up to now.

Both of the above factors likely go some way to explain the quiet transfer window up to this point. As others have said, lets wait and see what happens between now and August 31st before we hit the panic button.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline kopite_sg8

• Anny Roader
  • year-zero, clean slate blah blah blah ..
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2012, 12:49:15 pm »
"the incoming rumours seem to be 20% of the outgoings". Really bizarre statement. As a liverpool fan you should already know that the press try every which way to unsettle the club. the same media we rubbish all the time, now we use their rumours for our convenience. if i go on twitter or a shit site like caughtoffside and spread rumours (believe me, you can) about 4 or 5 players coming in and a possible couple of exits, will that make a better transfer window for us because the incoming rumours are more that of the outgoing rumours?

everything else in the OP, i agree with.
somewhere between a 'fsg-apologist' and a 'superfan'.

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2012, 12:50:21 pm »
Apart from getting rid of the debt, we seem no better off so far.

Players being shipped out left, right and centre.  Quality players being discussed constantly as on the move, and very little been brought in so far.

Suppose we just have to sit tight and see what unfolds.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2012, 12:51:20 pm »
Too late.

Of course, lets all sream and shout before we even know what's going to happen.

Yes, earlier would be better and no doubt Rodgers would agree with that (and I think he's already said as much), but for the reasons that i've tried to outline above, I don't think that was ever likely this summer as a result of the new manager coming in and his chance to assess what he has already being heavily disrupted by first the Euro's, and then the Olympics.
Twitter | Blog

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2012, 12:51:41 pm »
I share your concerns. The owners are here for profit and profit alone, therefore the sort of questions they need to ask are not "Do we need to invest in another attacking player to challenge for the top 4?" more "Is the required investment to make the top 4 worth it for the increased revenue that CL football would provide?"

Do FSG need to make Liverpool a major force in European football in order to turn a profit? I'm not convinced that they do, and lets be honest up to this point they haven't exactly shown the ambition

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2012, 12:51:47 pm »
Concern is healthy. The owners have a lot to prove.

Offline Paul-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2012, 12:53:13 pm »
I guess we will see in the next few weeks.
I think you summed up my thoughts well with that last sentence. At the moment, the rumours of players that are still here leaving are just that - rumours. We have rumours every season, some seasons more than average, some seasons less. If we start the season having sold some or all of those players and not brought in adequate replacements, then that's a huge reason to worry. But at the moment, we haven't done that, and I'd hope that we wouldn't. So as you say, let's wait and see how we start the season, and whether that's a reason for worry. That's how I see it at the moment anyway, it's quite possible I'm missing something big that should have me worried, but at the moment I think we need to wait and see what happens by the end of the transfer window.

Although I also wish that Rafa was given the chance to finish what he started as you say, the man was perfect for us and loved the club, still does. I was gutted when we has sacked, and still haven't given up the hope that one day he'll be back to continue the job he was doing and get the chance to work with some of the players produced by the academy system he revolutionised.

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2012, 12:54:35 pm »
Great post, exactly my feelings.

Think, as others said, it is down to no football at the moment. But it is really sad, that I cant see us moving forward right now. Instead of going for top players (regardless of if we can get them or not), we are the ones that maybe losing our top players. It shouldnt be only about cutting the wagebill but about who is worth what they are paid footballing wise.

I was really looking forward to the new season but at the moment I am kind of disappointed. Hope that changes soon.

Come on you reds !!

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2012, 12:54:48 pm »
I'm very concerned too by the things you've mentioned. I'm waiting until the end of the transfer window though before I firmly put my foot in a certain corner.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2012, 12:56:55 pm »
Hardly FSG's fault what the papers write is it?

what is Jen Chang doing then?

Positive Spin might help.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2012, 12:57:11 pm »
Concern is healthy. The owners have a lot to prove.

Yes, they do. Healthy distrust/wariness is fine. Rampant paranoid, conspiracy theories and fearmongering is not. BR said he'd do transfers late due to the two major competitions this summer, so let's wait and see.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2012, 12:58:18 pm »
Yes, they do. Healthy distrust/wariness is fine. Rampant paranoid, conspiracy theories and fearmongering is not. BR said he'd do transfers late due to the two major competitions this summer, so let's wait and see.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2012, 12:58:26 pm »
Agree with most of the OP. Worried about the direction in which we are headed. Mediocrity. Even many of our own fans now accept it. Head over to the transfer forum and every few posts you read "we can't offer this, we are not attractive that". Acceptance of mediocrity in droves.

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2012, 12:58:47 pm »
what is Jen Chang doing then?

Positive Spin might help.

He can try as much as he wants but if a paper wants to ignore that or has an editorial bias then nothing he does would change that. I think we can agree that this side of the club is much improved so far under Jen though...

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2012, 12:59:12 pm »
Healthy distrust/wariness is fine. Rampant paranoid, conspiracy theories and fearmongering is not. BR said he'd do transfers late due to the two major competitions this summer, so let's wait and see.

I couldn't agree more.
Twitter | Blog

Offline silver 5 star

• Mistter Gramatticle. Heell corecct you're spelinng mistaikes
  • Legacy Fan
  • BUILD A NEW STADIUM - NO GROUNDSHARE!!!
« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2012, 12:59:19 pm »
All Fenway seem to be doing is trimming the wage bill. They kept season tickets down this season ( but fucked the arse off the corporates ) but in future we are going to have a tiered price structure on season tickets and match tickets - you'll pay more for a seat on the half-way line etc.

No movement on the stadium. I see all the arguments about our "global support" but I don't see anything that would allow us to cash in.

Plus if we spend too long out of the CL and with no trophies then that sort of support drops away anyway.

They are cutting the wage bill and sweating the "asset" which is Anfield.

This is Doug Ellis, Aston Villa stuff.

City are already in a different league. United and Chelsea well ahead too.

Spurs have a better squad, Newcastle performed better than we did last season and have a bigger stadium.

If we do lose the likes of Skrtel and Agger and Reina then the arse will fall out of the club.

Fenway seem lost to me and the rumors about them looking to sell would not surprise me at all. Especially if they are ready to sell with a low wage bill for the squad and maximizing the revenue from Anfield...
Then out spake brave Horatius, The Captain of the Gate; "To every man upon this earth Death cometh soon or late. And how can man die better Than facing fearful odds, For the  ashes of his fathers, And the temples of his gods. " FENWAY - Do not let us down! RAWK is boss lid

Offline myliverbird

• Legacy Fan
  • Claiming the Liverbird since 1986
« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2012, 01:00:18 pm »
We the fans have our part to play and if we don't play it we're destined for failure.
"Im leaning. This is where I lean"

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2012, 01:00:27 pm »
you need nerves of steel to believe we are running up the correct path at present. too much talk of players on their way out (terrible season really so makes sense) but nothing to grasp onto that would ease any fears we are nothing but a struggling former powerhouse of european footy.

really dont know what to think, not pure pessimism but not overjoyed with developments either. hmm.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2012, 01:00:49 pm »
He can try as much as he wants but if a paper wants to ignore that or has an editorial bias then nothing he does would change that. I think we can agree that this side of the club is much improved so far under Jen though...

Nope your wrong we cant agree on that at all, its no better than before in my opinion we are still clueless !
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2012, 01:01:21 pm »
Worried that the players linked with leaving to fund are of better quality than who we sign. Its pretty clear we're on a shoe string budget. Otherwise the targets would be signed by now.

If we got rid of the perceived 'shite' kept our backbone of a side and gave the likes of Shelvey/Coates/Pacheco/Sterling/Robinson/Suso and Morgan a chance i would accept we're building for the future.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2012, 01:01:49 pm »
We the fans have our part to play and if we don't play it we're destined for failure.

You're right. Let's just say the fans all decide to turn against the owners and the manager before even having a chance to prove themselves, I wonder what will happen.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2012, 01:03:41 pm »
You're right. Let's just say the fans all decide to turn against the owners and the manager before even having a chance to prove themselves, I wonder what will happen.

As always they will still support the team on the pitch like before when we had the wrong owners followed by the wrong manager!

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2012, 01:05:13 pm »
As always they will still support the team on the pitch like before when we had the wrong owners followed by the wrong manager!

So we've already decided we've got the wrong owners and the wrong manager now have we?