Author Topic: Lebron James to release LFC themed Trainers/Sneakers/Shoes  (Read 30002 times)

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
Re: Lebron James to release LFC themed Trainers/Sneakers/Shoes
« Reply #160 on: April 17, 2012, 08:27:44 pm »
Would sell like hot-cakes in America probably. Here, I doubt the sales would reach 1000 units.

don't think so.  And if they did then it is because Lebron's name is on them and not because of any connection, however tenuous, to LFC.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #161 on: April 17, 2012, 08:32:56 pm »
Theyre actually not that bad, the only thing is that liverbirdlionpegasus monstrosity that makes it look rubbish.

Hope theyre not marketed to be Liverpool trainers....no affinity to us whatsoever them, just the red colour.
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Piledriver

• Anny Roader
  • There will be six minutes extra time..........
« Reply #162 on: April 18, 2012, 01:15:40 am »
 :lmao

Offline 51cam

• Because 5 + 1 = 7 ;)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: April 19, 2012, 12:20:27 am »
I'm a huge fan of LeBron and have been well before he got involved with us but I'm far from impressed with these! :S

Offline lesknow

• Main Stander
« Reply #164 on: April 19, 2012, 01:17:09 am »
Sweet, merciful crap!
I've been avoiding this thread because I knew they'd be awful, but gawdam. The sun must be playing tricks with my eyes here - red, white, turquoise and green? The horse/bird/squirrel/frog thing is actually the classiest bit!
I think this was 2001, in the Texas state legislature, they were trying to outlaw sodomy, while at the SAME time, trying to repeal the law against bestiality.
So potentially, you couldn't make love in the privacy of your own home, but you'd be able to go down to the local pound & have a good ol LEGAL Texas style dawg fuckin!
DO NOT MESS WITH TEXAS

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #165 on: April 19, 2012, 01:23:38 am »
Considering they're unlicensed knock offs, they look like unlicensed knockoffs, so they've done a great job in that respect.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #166 on: April 19, 2012, 01:48:52 am »
for the record this isn't a typical american young adult's idea of cool or good-looking shoes.  they are purpose-built for basketball, and usually the color schemes on those are pretty crazy especially with the superstar athlete models, but (excepting for this supposed LFC pair) can often look pretty cool IF they're used on a basketball court, cuz obviously that's the only place you can get away with wearing them.  these types of shoes aren't really everyday shoes and that's probably why the designs and color schemes are so brash.  Kobe Bryant VII "System Supreme" shoes look pretty cool for example in either of the color schemes seen on this link, in my opinion:  http://store.nike.com/us/en_us/?l=shop,pdp,ctr-inline/cid-1/pid-431512/pgid-438543   but still aren't really every day shoes.  maybe for some but i think these types of shoes are mostly worn for basketball.

Offline Outer Mongolian Red

• Rafa ran over my dog. Then shot it. Fact
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: April 19, 2012, 01:52:15 am »
These will go great with my jester hat,cape and foam hand.

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #168 on: April 19, 2012, 01:55:01 am »
These will go great with my jester hat,cape and foam hand.

Who gives a fuck. Stop complaining. They are not made for you.

Do we have to complain about fucking everything?
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #169 on: April 19, 2012, 02:03:48 am »
Sorry but I can't comprehend how such a brand like Nike, and LeBron himself being involved in this product, and the designing team could not search enough about the club image and logo, which is easily recognized worldwide. I MEAN IT IS A FUCKING LIVERBIRD!!!! not that ugly thing that they put in there!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline IndianaRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: April 19, 2012, 02:55:17 am »
Sorry but I can't comprehend how such a brand like Nike, and LeBron himself being involved in this product, and the designing team could not search enough about the club image and logo, which is easily recognized worldwide. I MEAN IT IS A FUCKING LIVERBIRD!!!! not that ugly thing that they put in there!

to be fair nike probably can't put the actual liverbird or logo on any of their products due to a clash with adidas' contract, so they've had to make do with a liver... griffin or something.  but who knows, maybe this shoe isn't even real anyway.

Offline Lady_brandybuck

• Duchess of Crackers, Mermaid of the Caribbean Sea and Amazon goddess (Current Empress of Tenochtitlan)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Available for parties and dinners.
« Reply #171 on: April 19, 2012, 04:06:12 am »
to be fair nike probably can't put the actual liverbird or logo on any of their products due to a clash with adidas' contract, so they've had to make do with a liver... griffin or something.  but who knows, maybe this shoe isn't even real anyway.

I think the liverbird isn't trademaked as a Liverpool only design.
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and no good thing ever dies"

Offline Degs

• sy's midnight runners.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 19, 2012, 07:24:48 am »
I think the liverbird isn't trademaked as a Liverpool only design.
The LFC one is

Offline REDcrazy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #173 on: April 19, 2012, 07:39:42 am »
The Premier League trophies on the sole alone gives us an idea of how "well-researched" and "informed" the shoe designer is.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #174 on: April 19, 2012, 08:16:54 am »
so we change owners but still have new owners who see us as a brand rather than a Football Club? pity really but the genie is out of the bottle now.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #175 on: April 19, 2012, 08:27:17 am »
so we change owners but still have new owners who see us as a brand rather than a Football Club? pity really but the genie is out of the bottle now.
Who says it is real? Its clearly not official merchandise. It would have to have the official logo on it. Simple as that.
We are a brand. We have been long before the last 2 owners came in. We just never built upon it as much as we should. We need to be seen as a brand to compete in the modern game. It doesnt mean that has to interfere with the dealings as a football club itself. Its just maximising the potential income. These trainers whether they are real or not, arent official merchandise. Therefore they arent connected to the club.

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #176 on: April 19, 2012, 08:29:24 am »

Owners in wanting to market the club and increase its revenues shocker!!!!
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #177 on: April 19, 2012, 09:43:11 am »
Owners in wanting to market the club and increase its revenues shocker!!!!

Finance over Ethos, so be happy with the shabby merchandise, i will support a football club!
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: April 19, 2012, 09:45:44 am »
They're a pair of shoes, who seriously gives a fuck?

Finance over Ethos, so be happy with the shabby merchandise, i will support a football club!

Without the finance side of things, we wouldn't have a football club mate, remember how close we were to going under when we'd neglected the finance side of things for so long?

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: April 19, 2012, 11:09:01 am »

They didn't. Sorry for quoting myself.
Anyone can make these and have them look 'official'. They're not 'fake', but neither are they officially endorsed products by LFC.

Just go on the Nike website and click on 'NIKEiD' customised trainers. Design your own, and sell them.

Also think 'LeBron 9' is the name of the shoe. Doesn't mean LeBron has designed them or sells them. Nike have a shoe called LeBron 9, and someone has customised it to look as horrendous as possible.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2012, 11:55:50 am »
They're a pair of shoes, who seriously gives a fuck?

Without the finance side of things, we wouldn't have a football club mate, remember how close we were to going under when we'd neglected the finance side of things for so long?

have you ordered yours?
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: April 19, 2012, 12:08:56 pm »
have you ordered yours?

Yep, will wear them with pride.

Should go well with my denim jacket, cowboy hat and your missus on my cock.

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: April 19, 2012, 12:09:36 pm »
Yep, will wear them with pride.

Should go well with my denim jacket, cowboy hat and your missus on my cock.

I'd swerve the denim jacket, rest sounds like a winner though.
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: April 19, 2012, 12:41:00 pm »
I'd swerve the denim jacket, rest sounds like a winner though.

It's got my name in sequins on the back though, completes the outfit :thumbup

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #184 on: April 19, 2012, 01:11:43 pm »

Offline Monty.

• Blame it on the Boogies. Apparently has a wife...
  • Legacy Fan
  • I was here before it was shite.
« Reply #185 on: April 19, 2012, 02:18:58 pm »
Take my eyes, I have seen enough...

...of people believing every bit of crap they are force fed.

They're not real. Well, they may exist, but they're fakes.

Now, everyone, please calm down. Put the internet down, and move away from the computer. Think rationally about this.

I'm going again. Maybe I'll see you again in another two years.
Probably most famous for my views on Jodie Marsh.

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #186 on: April 19, 2012, 04:35:29 pm »
Jesus. The Mirror etc are reporting this now, using the same images and quotes from the NESN site who in itself obviously took their story from one of these forums. Not a single quote from LFC,Nike, Lebron or anyone else in the business. Clearly. As it is clearly shite. Some quotes from 'disgruntled Liverpool fans' and speculating on everything else. as per. Just proof that the press can create spin from absolutely nothing.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2012, 04:56:27 pm by kitster »

Offline bepoq

• a-lu-la!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #187 on: April 19, 2012, 04:49:49 pm »
And that they watch places like this really quite closely for any useful (read controversial or damaging) little titbit of "news" just as FS has always maintained. This is an obvious example.

I'm amazed that so many on here don't get it (obviously not referring to you if you do). This site and others of its sort are not "just the internet, what does it matter what we say" or "a place for discussion and criticism" (with an implied licence to say whatever we want about our manager, players, or trainees as though it is private or down the pub) because  they're free content for lazy journalists to echo back at us our worst features across the media and to amplify them to make them the loudest and most obvious.

Offline mightykopite8

• Legacy Fan
  • 18 + 5
« Reply #188 on: April 20, 2012, 02:03:42 am »
on the front page of yahoo... unfortunately

Liverpool minority shareholder LeBron James has already attempted to demonstrate his love for the Merseyside club via self-produced merchandise with his custom-made headphones, and now the Miami Heat 'baller has gone a step further with the Liverpool Edition of the Nike Lebron 9 Low sneaker.

Unfortunately, like sporting apparel you might buy from a folding table on a sidewalk, the new shoe is riddled with errors. Take, for example, its sole, which depicts 18 Premier League trophies...

Liverpool may have bagged 18 league titles, but since the inception of the Premier League in 1992 it has not once finished at the top — a more accurate shoe would let its owner stamp 18 Division One trophies into the ground with each step.
LeBron's new kicks have also missed the mark with the mythical creature on the heel...

That is not the famous Liverbird that has represented the city of Liverpool since the 14th century. As the disgruntled fans on this forum point out, it's actually more like a griffin. And it's not a million miles from the Chelsea lion on Kevin Garnett's custom shoe. Apparently Nike cannot use the Liverbird design as the current kit is made by adidas, so it opted for something that was vaguely similar.
The sneaker hasn't been released yet, but if you simply must snap up some ill-judged footwear, a pair has appeared on eBay.
FUCK OFF MANCS!!!

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 20, 2012, 03:24:14 am »
Would sell like hot-cakes in America probably. Here, I doubt the sales would reach 1000 units.

Well I guess you're right....I like their style despite the misinformation    :-X
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Online Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
:D

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #191 on: April 20, 2012, 07:58:05 am »
Haha, what a disaster
..for Yahoo. the Dipshits.

Offline IndianaRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 20, 2012, 08:03:42 am »
at least we know we can get whatever we want in the media by creating some clever 'evidence' in photoshop or something and making a thread about it on RAWK (whether these are real or not)
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 08:13:58 am by IndianaRed »

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: April 20, 2012, 09:57:18 am »
These will look boss with my jester hat/cape combo

;D

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: April 20, 2012, 10:24:26 am »
People are knocking them, but I reckon come next season these will dominate the 305 concourse. Forget Beckenbauers, Munchens and Samba - everyone will be in a pair of Lebrons.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: April 20, 2012, 11:05:10 am »
They aren't an official LFC product so I don't see what the big deal is. If they raise the profile of the club then I'm all for it. They're hideous looking but I don't think they are aimed at the UK market.

Regarding the 'trophies' on the sole, do Man U, or any other club that has won the League in both the premier league era and before 1992, show images of 19 premier league trophies on the likes of flags/pennants/mugs and shit. Or do they show images of the division 1 trophy whatever amount of times they won it?

Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline zuchum

• Anny Roader
  • Not that kind of poster
    • Twitter
« Reply #196 on: April 20, 2012, 12:03:41 pm »
They're fake/some joker on eBay, right?

Products like this don't get launched without a) approval and a huge marketing push b) some kind of press release, which doesn't seem to be anywhere.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: April 20, 2012, 12:08:35 pm »

Products like this don't get launched without a) approval and a huge marketing push b) some kind of press release, which doesn't seem to be anywhere.

They are not an LFC product. They are a LeBron James product
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline kitster

• RAWK Graphic Guru
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Twitter - @kitsterart
    • Kitster Art
« Reply #198 on: April 20, 2012, 12:08:50 pm »

Yep. Plus they are Nike. Adidas/Warrior dont pay vast sums to allow their biggest rival to release LFC merchandise.

Offline zuchum

• Anny Roader
  • Not that kind of poster
    • Twitter
« Reply #199 on: April 20, 2012, 12:27:38 pm »
They are not an LFC product. They are a LeBron James product

Even a LeBron James prouct has to be approved by Nike and would come with all of the above.  He can't just design and release shoes as he pleases.