Author Topic: Emiliano Insua  (Read 24211 times)

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
Re: Emiliano Insua
« Reply #360 on: April 20, 2012, 09:48:20 pm »
when are we going to sign diego capel?
;D
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline JP-65

• FA/UEFA/FIFA are not fit for purpose
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #361 on: April 20, 2012, 09:53:44 pm »
With Purslow at least I really don't think there was anything more to it than a blert fan at work. Read what the media had to say about our weaknesses and how to cure it. Look back at the preferred 'get rid' targets of arsehole fans and journalists alike.

Then take a look at what Purslow actually did.

He was like a ventriloquists dummy for the voice of the idiot mainstream, and we're still paying for it now.

Right on the money Seb, it's hard to believe that anyone could be worse than Parry, but he was minor dysfunctional compared to Purslow.

We've sure paid a big price for lack of leadership, vision & skill at ownership & top administrative management over the past couple of decades.  This continues with Ayre, IMO, but I do believe we now have owners that have the potential to be top notch.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #362 on: April 20, 2012, 10:42:39 pm »
This continues with Ayre, IMO, but I do believe we now have owners that have the potential to be top notch.
Don't know enough about Ayre to really judge, though  for me all associated to that extent with the previous regime are to a certain extent tarnished by it, but I absolutely agree on the latter part. It's surely a learning process for them but more important is to have the right fundamentals in the first place, and of course the willingness to actually go through a proper learning process, and on that front I'm pretty confident they've got the right sort of stuff. It's kind of odd actually because for a long time I had total faith in management and players and little to none in the ownership, now I've got faith in the ownership but some niggling doubts about the players and management.

Next season is going to be a very interesting one for me, we all go into it with eyes open and there's proper (and rightful I think) pressure on everyone to perform.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: April 20, 2012, 10:47:05 pm »
Why is this turning into Enrique vs Insua? It's really not about that. Insua would be a great backup for enrique and since we are going to be in Europe next season it's imperative that we have some sort of backup for Enrique! But because of idiots like Purslow we have Agger as a backup.

Exactly. But in this case, it wasn´t Purslow, it happened last summer when we could have well kept him for this season. The problems in our club are still there when looking at last summers decisions which haven´t been that much different to what Purslow did the summer before..
« Last Edit: April 20, 2012, 10:48:59 pm by steveeastend »
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline liverbnz

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: April 21, 2012, 12:02:55 am »
They could have negotiated with and released him from that contract no?

Would have had to have paid him his contract in full most likely - unless we had a case for dismissal.
One thing you will discover is that life is based less than you think on what you've learned, and much more than you think on what you have inside you from the very beginning