Author Topic: "Green and Gold, it's O5e from Molde!" - Cornering like a reliant robin..  (Read 3442945 times)

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
This is a crucial window for United. You would like to hope for their own sakes they have learnt from previous mistakes. Truth is, they are at least 2 , probably 3 years away from challenging. The only way they can do that is by buying in the right players. That means no more buying Sanchez', Di Maria's and Pogba's of the world. You have to say, Bale has United transfer written all over it, and its exactly the kind of transfer the rest of the league will be hoping they pull off.

They should look in the premier league for players and the smaller teams in Germany, France, Spain, Holland etc.. Players like Maddison and Ruben Neves could all do a job for them, as an example. They need to ditch this transfer strategy of buying second rate superstars who are unhappy, looking for more money or unwanted.

With all that said, I hope they continue along the same path they have done in recent years.  ;D

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
It's amazing how so many of them have suddenly lost interest in the game since they went into decline.

TBF i lost interest when Hodgson was in charge.
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/thinking-the-unthinkable-not-interested-in-football-any-more.447970/

Diddums.

"For some unexplained reason I just don't feel that into football as much as I did when we were dominating the game. I think it's because of all the money ruining it now."

If you don't support United when they lose..
You're this fella  ;D

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The very epitome of a glory hunter. They have no interest in supporting a team if they can't gloat or laud it over their mates. That's the reason most of them started supporting Utd in the first place. My only surprise is they haven't moved on to another club yet.

To be fair to the fickle gloryhunters, even if they were winning, they just had a couple of seasons of Mourinho, that'd be enough to put anyone off football.  ;D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
How the fuck are these lot in contention for De Ligt! Why on earth is he even considering going to that shithouse!

They're in contention for De Ligt in the same way that ScouserAtHeart is in contention for Margot Robbie.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Why would De Ligt wanna join United at this stage? No CL football, the squad is full of flop and is clearly a level below at least three teams thus no chance to challenge for the title in the next two years. An unproven, young manger who doesn't seem to have a strategy. If De Ligt comes simply for big salary then he could possibly turn out to be another Sanchez.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2019, 09:32:28 am by him_15 »
Believer

Offline trimore

• Legacy Fan
  • Dastardly and Muttley with sick laughter
TBF i lost interest when Hodgson was in charge.

During those years I took a step back and fell in love with the history of the club, not so much the day to day. Reading and watching as much as I could of Hunt, Keegan, Dalglish, Rush, Barnes, Fowler etc. Thus I felt some pride in just getting enough wins during those yeats to keep a semblence of competence to build on in the future and continue the legacy of all those great players. The past kept me interested in the present.

But that I is less of a motivation for the current United fans since they have so much money it will almost keep them by default in the top 6 to 8 range which wasn't really a crutch we had back then. They can just assume it will happen without paying any attention even if they care about the history of the club.
Go off to sleep in the sunshine, I don't want to see the day when it's dying

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They want 80m for Lukaka.

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline Tobelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Haha,maybe they'll get that amount in Zimbabwean dollars..

I'm sure an Aquilani-like loan to Italy is on the cards eventually for both him and Sanchez,with United paying most of their salaries of course.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

Come on, pound for pound, he is twice the player they bought from Everton.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan

Is that 80 metres round his chest or how far he has to run before he gets up to half speed?
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline red1977

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Why would De Ligt wanna join United at this stage? No CL football, the squad is full of flop and is clearly a level below at least three teams thus no chance to challenge for the title in the next two years. An unproven, young manger who doesn't seem to have a strategy. If De Ligt comes simply for big salary then he could possibly turn out to be another Sanchez.

He’s still only a boy, maybe he will jump at the chance of going to Disneyland.

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Raiola got a £41 million cut on the last one of his players who moved there on a big fee.

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
I hope we share the 6th tag from these lot today.

Them 6th in the League.

And Liverpool have their 6th... 8)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Never really occurred to me, but when they glammed football up in the 90s and went the Premier League route, we had been successful for a couple of decades, then we went through a bad patch - but we still attracted supporters. They supported the team through good and bad, thick and thin and any successes were greeted with delerium. If we eventually win the league one day then we've already got a fanbase that hasn't seen us win it in 30 years - so that fan base having been through the lean times is used to it.

Manchester United are the opposite - largely shite before the Premier League and then the #1 bandwagon jumpers wet dream - they were the gloryhunters top team and all they've seen is success. If the wheels fall off then the majority of their fans are there for the wins and the success and the glory.. What happens if they get another few years down the line and other top clubs are more successful. They've had a few poor seasons - but still won cups and it seems like half their fanbase are going to fuck footy off (or more likely bandwagon jump onto another teams shirt tails)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry

I've honestly never understood where Lukaku got his reputation from or why some people in the media rate him so highly. He had 1 good season at Everton where he scored 25 goals. That's the only time in his career where he has managed to break into the twenties goal wise. Outside of that he averages about 15 goals a season. He only scored 12 last year. Salah scored that amount in a month for us once. If I was a United fan then I'd genuinely be scratching my head wondering what the fuck the scouting staff saw in this fraud

80 million? He's worth about 15, tops.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
Never really occurred to me, but when they glammed football up in the 90s and went the Premier League route, we had been successful for a couple of decades, then we went through a bad patch - but we still attracted supporters. They supported the team through good and bad, thick and thin and any successes were greeted with delerium. If we eventually win the league one day then we've already got a fanbase that hasn't seen us win it in 30 years - so that fan base having been through the lean times is used to it.

Manchester United are the opposite - largely shite before the Premier League and then the #1 bandwagon jumpers wet dream - they were the gloryhunters top team and all they've seen is success. If the wheels fall off then the majority of their fans are there for the wins and the success and the glory.. What happens if they get another few years down the line and other top clubs are more successful. They've had a few poor seasons - but still won cups and it seems like half their fanbase are going to fuck footy off (or more likely bandwagon jump onto another teams shirt tails)

They've lived by that particular sword when the going was good, so they'll have to die by it now the decline is really setting in. They'll always have a solid fanbase, but they will shed an awful lot of their glory hunters. I'm actually surprised by just how many United 'fans' have suddenly gone off football altogether since they went to shit. The club benefited from being the media darlings and the glory hunters destination of choice. They are big opportunists over at OT, but they cannot be surprised when the bandwagon-jumpers start to move on for pastures new once a better looking proposition turns up. All fads and fashions have their day. United have had theirs.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline LanceLink!!!!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Enjoy your night Mancs, Pot Noodle and a wank  :D

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
The way their club is going the only decent wank they'll get tonight is over a Spurs throw in

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
 ;D
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
6th

Champions League Cup
« Last Edit: June 1, 2019, 10:56:38 pm by Chakan »

Online 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
I hope we share the 6th tag from these lot today.

Them 6th in the League.

And Liverpool have their 6th... 8)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
A neat little footnote to tonight: all their years of dominance since Ferguson took over, and that’s us matched their European Cup record for the period - four finals, two wins.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
Our 6th can batter your 6th ;D

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Tell me, how does it feel...

... to only have 1/2 the number of European Cups that your biggest rivals have?   :wave

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
A neat little footnote to tonight: all their years of dominance since Ferguson took over, and that’s us matched their European Cup record for the period - four finals, two wins.

On the plus side, they can still count on one hand the number of European Cups we've won.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

As good as he was, there can be no doubt he was European light weight. I'm not sure why? Any theories?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
On the plus side, they can still count on one hand the number of European Cups we've won.

Boom! :D

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Going to name my child Sixth

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
As good as he was, there can be no doubt he was European light weight. I'm not sure why? Any theories?

After a while, he had a lot of teams and refs beaten before kickoff in the league, in Europe it is all top sides so he was never able to establish himself and his club in the same way.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop

His best period in Europe was after Rafa came here and showed you have to use tactics other than throw on 4 forwards who cost more than most teams combined budgets, the mancs always got done by playing too open and teams hitting them on the counter, he wrote that stupid letter to Rafa telling him where he went wrong yet the drunken c*nt had managed one win in 10/11 attempts with one of the richest teams in Europe, I think he learnt a lot by watching what Rafa did over that 4/5 year period and was definitely a lot more cautious/tactical, especially in home legs where they often conceded stupid away goals prior to Rafa's arrival 

Online 4pool

• Legacy Fan
His best period in Europe was after Rafa came here and showed you have to use tactics other than throw on 4 forwards who cost more than most teams combined budgets, the mancs always got done by playing too open and teams hitting them on the counter, he wrote that stupid letter to Rafa telling him where he went wrong yet the drunken c*nt had managed one win in 10/11 attempts with one of the richest teams in Europe, I think he learnt a lot by watching what Rafa did over that 4/5 year period and was definitely a lot more cautious/tactical, especially in home legs where they often conceded stupid away goals prior to Rafa's arrival 

Yeah, he adopted 4-2-3-1 from Rafa.

Not to mention.....the dreaded Zonal marking-- that the neanderthal ex-players and pundits on the telly kept harping about man to man being the only way.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan

;D

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline mikeb58

• The Poet Laureate of the Hillsborough forum and indeed, now, the rest of the site! Allez, allez, allez......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • kopite
For my Manc mates, who took the piss a little too early!

The mancs gloated after Barca had won.
They ridiculed the reds, tie over and done!
But I let it be known, our chances still alive.
If Barcelona score 1, we'll simply score 5!

But Barca then wilted under the Kopite roar.
We didn't need 5 goals, so we just got 4!
The mancs all went quiet, a result to dread.
You should never write off the boys in Red!

Mancs swapped Messi scarves for Kane.
Cheering on Spurs, Terry, Mark and Elaine!
Hoping and praying the Reds would fail.
But alas all their prayers where to no avail!

Old 'Big Ears' to Liverpool is coming home.
To add to the version we already own!
Meanwhile the mancs, full of envy and pain.
Because we've just won number 6 in Spain!
« Last Edit: June 2, 2019, 03:56:21 am by mikeb58 »
Hillsborough...Our Greatest Victory (out now)

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah, he adopted 4-2-3-1 from Rafa.

Not to mention.....the dreaded Zonal marking-- that the neanderthal ex-players and pundits on the telly kept harping about man to man being the only way.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to use the word 'kept' rather than keep, the lazy fuckers still bring it up even now.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
United fans must be sick of the number 6. ;D
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
6th on 66 points.

Number 6.

8)
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
It’s not all bad

David Moyes 6 year contract finishes in a month :)
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Last Edit: June 2, 2019, 09:53:33 am by Red Berry »
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.