Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 267051 times)

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
just watching game with kraftwerk trans europe express sountrack brill

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
We showed Everton how to really celebrate a corner kick. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline mainone

• Anny Roader
  • this is the end.....
Watching the 4th again remember, i sit behind the bench, and Klopp signalled to some one for a sub so I was distracted and missed the quick  corner just seen it go in. Klopp was the same asking what happened.

Offline rakey_lfc

• pwned by Ronaldo...and eBay
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a people's man - only the people matter.”
I think it was Gini's first goal that broke them, they never really recovered from it. I was confident we would win at Anfield but something like 3-1, couldn't imagine them not scoring!

In a pub with Mancs, even after goals 2 and 3 they were adamant we would bottle it and concede. I went fucking mental when the 4th went in, then sat silent for the next 13 minutes of so just praying we don't concede :)

I was in quite a bit of disbelief after the game, didn't really sink in what I had just witnessed.
SUPPORT AND BELIEVE

You'll Never Walk Alone

Xbox 360 gamertag - TonyB1604

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Only recently learned that this was posted at half-time, always thought it was before the match. Really, really bad tweet, would've been a bad tweet if we didn't knock them out, it's worse now.

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
Has it really been a year?? No Salah No Bobby No Problem  :). Those were the days.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
The whole game is on LFCTV tonight at 8pm and its free.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline whtwht

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Origi tried the old Pele in the 1970 world cup move in the first half .. dummy the goal keeper. Btw McManaman is a shite Co commentator
He'll win the league in the next 3 years. Quote me on that.
Quote me on this, but come next season he'll be great for us. Just needs to remove the walking headless chicken next to him

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Really fancy watching this again, but don't think I can commit to the full 90 mins. Anyone got a link to decent highlights for the Barca game?

Edit: 45 min highlights https://youtu.be/jMLcAl62F3Q
« Last Edit: May 7, 2020, 07:06:08 pm by Ratboy3G »
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Really fancy watching this again, but don't think I can commit to the full 90 mins. Anyone got a link to decent highlights for the Barca game?

Edit: 45 min highlights https://youtu.be/jMLcAl62F3Q

You'll watch the first seven minutes, then it'll be, "Ah, fuck it!"

Launching Full Stream Mode! :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Stupid question probably but why is Aldo commentating on that video but it's Gary Gillespie on the tv one?

Is Aldo doing radio commentary?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Stupid question probably but why is Aldo commentating on that video but it's Gary Gillespie on the tv one?

Is Aldo doing radio commentary?

They have a radio commentary of the game during which Aldridge was co-commentating. Then they play the whole game later and that's Gary Gillespie.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They have a radio commentary of the game during which Aldridge was co-commentating. Then they play the whole game later and that's Gary Gillespie.
Makes sense Jill.  Thanks.

I'm looking forward to watching it again tonight and hearing the lads talking about their experience of it.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Makes sense Jill.  Thanks.

I'm looking forward to watching it again tonight and hearing the lads talking about their experience of it.

There is also a really good interview with Klopp and Lijnders talking about the game which I would recommend.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
There is also a really good interview with Klopp and Lijnders talking about the game which I would recommend.
I saw bits of it on Facebook earlier but I'll try and catch the full interview later then.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
If anyone wants the epitome of badassery go back and watch Robbo eyeballing Suarez when the teams are shaking hands at the start
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
I do like Gary Gillespie as a pundit he’s very understated is never controversial for the sake of it. Refreshing in this day and age. I’d forgotten how busy Alisson actually was.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Watching now on LFCTV. Forgot about Hendo getting a bad injury... then saying "sod that", and walking back on  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Watching now on LFCTV. Forgot about Hendo getting a bad injury... then saying "sod that", and walking back on  ;D

In the Klopp-Ljinders interview they said Hendo had to sit on the bike, otherwise his knee would have frozen. No way he should have been on the pitch, shows how tough he is.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You know I'd forgotten how close together Gini's 2 goals were.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If you only ever saw this one match, and someone pointed out Messi and said he is the best player ever, you'd ask what they're smoking  ;D

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Gillespie’s reaction to that winning goal is so funny. 😀

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
If you only ever saw this one match, and someone pointed out Messi and said he is the best player ever, you'd ask what they're smoking  ;D
The way he got mugged by Virgil straight from kick off between the 2nd and 3rd goals. Felt Virgil should've got the European footballer of the year for that moment alone!

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
You know I'd forgotten how close together Gini's 2 goals were.

Exactly what I thought
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline Scouser-Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Allez, Allez, Allez...
It’s always good to watch the highlights back but it was nice to watch the full match back again which I would rarely ever do. There are a few moments and chances you forget about etc.

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Barcelona fans were absolutely class as well at the end, I'd forgotten about that. Applauding the Liverpool team and raising the scarves for YNWA.

Offline Marty 85

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
https://uptostream.com/ekkhqmkuvooq Travelled half the country to watch it with our kid. It was too much for him and the nerves got the best of him and he slept through the start. After the first goal I banged on his door, he never got out've bed. After the second I shook him and he still never rose. After the third I physically dragged him out've bed by the neck and well sure you know the rest.

Magical. Forget this season, it's easy to bask in the history this club has given us and I can sleep easy because there's plenty more to come.

Offline timhendo

• Main Stander
Very sorry to hear about your brother Timhendo. Must have been very emotional for you and your nephew. Ynwa

Thanks Ian, like many, cried myself through the last part of the game!

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just had goosebumps watching the match synced with 5Live commentary that stonecold_jpm posted in the video thread, what a night.  It's a funny thought to imagine anyone listening on the radio that night trying to make sense of that fourth goal, the way it just comes out of nowhere  ;D  oh what a goal what a night

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Just had goosebumps watching the match synced with 5Live commentary that stonecold_jpm posted in the video thread, what a night.  It's a funny thought to imagine anyone listening on the radio that night trying to make sense of that fourth goal, the way it just comes out of nowhere  ;D  oh what a goal what a night

Haha. "And Liverpool have a corn- it's in!!"

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
Barcelona fans were absolutely class as well at the end, I'd forgotten about that. Applauding the Liverpool team and raising the scarves for YNWA.

I've always felt that the old Barca faithful were a decent bunch whose reputation is spoiled by the new batch of bandwagon fans. Hope they manage to get Bartomeu out of the club, they deserve better.

Offline norv44

• Main Stander
  • Reads RAWK to avoid real life
The full match is available for free on UEFA.tv. I think you need to register. The Dortmund 4-3 is also available in full. I've rewatched both in the last week.

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
I've seen the footage of our 4th goal loads of times but I still can't make out if both Trent and Div were on the same wavelength at the time or not..
It seems like Trent saw the opportunity of a quick corner and passed the ball into the 'danger zone' where Div was... but Trent passed it in hope as opposed to making eye contact with Div..

Has anyone got a clearer video or reading of that quick corner?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
I've seen the footage of our 4th goal loads of times but I still can't make out if both Trent and Div were on the same wavelength at the time or not..
It seems like Trent saw the opportunity of a quick corner and passed the ball into the 'danger zone' where Div was... but Trent passed it in hope as opposed to making eye contact with Div..

Has anyone got a clearer video or reading of that quick corner?

Trent said he noticed that Origi was the only one who was fully concentrated, whilst the other were turned away. It was a quick glance, split second and the rest was history.

Offline commando

• Main Stander
Quite apart from this night, which was by a distance the maddest night anyone of us will ever experience, but the whole week either side of it was bonkers.  God knows how we got through it all.

Sat 4 May   Newcastle 2-3 Liverpool. Big Divock scoring the late winner, and my poor heart is in turmoil. Could we do it?
Mon 6 May  City 1-0 Leicester, and that bloody Kompany goal.

And then 24 hours later we kick off at Anfield, 0-3 down and without Mo and Bobby. I mean, miracles don't really happen, not against Barcelona?

The following night was Spurs's late comeback vs Ajax, and I knew we were never ever losing to them in Madrid.

And the following Sunday was the last day of the league, Brighton taking an early lead and all that.

Don’t forget Tranmere winning the first leg of their League Two promotion play off.
I watched our game at Anfield then with impeccable timing Mrs C whisked me off to Portugal where I watched the Ajax/Spuds and the Tranmere games. Flew home on the Saturday to be home in time for the last game.  As you say, a great week.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
I've always felt that the old Barca faithful were a decent bunch whose reputation is spoiled by the new batch of bandwagon fans. Hope they manage to get Bartomeu out of the club, they deserve better.

Same goes for all the big clubs really.

Bayern Munich another example, the online fanbase of kids and bandwagoners are dreadful - same goes for Liverpool, same as Barcelona, but Bayern have some the best genuine fans around, same as us. 

Just the nature of success, but with the added presence that is social media, in particular Twitter creating a monster!

One of the worst things about these kinds of fans is how uneducated they are in the traditions and history not just of the club, but of the city the club they profess to support is from.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
They're fucked once Messi retires. They'll revert to the pre 05 days/pre Rijkaard days.  Their famed academy hasn't brought through anyone of note in a years as well. And they are financially fucked out of all the big clubs.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
They're fucked once Messi retires. They'll revert to the pre 05 days/pre Rijkaard days.  Their famed academy hasn't brought through anyone of note in a years as well. And they are financially fucked out of all the big clubs.
I think that it will be the rebirth of them.

A couple of years of rebuilding for sure... but they’ve just become a galactico club now, they don’t really have any philosophy that’s different from Real
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I think that it will be the rebirth of them.

A couple of years of rebuilding for sure... but they’ve just become a galactico club now, they don’t really have any philosophy that’s different from Real

Here's the thing though mate, you're right but that's not how Barca people and fans see it. "More than a Club" and all that crap they think they're above being just a big club.  ;D They won't let the club become just another "Galactico" and if they try to do it the fans will kick up a fuss.  ;D