Author Topic: CL SF: Liverpool 4 vs Barçelona 0 (4-3) Origi 6', 79’, Gini 53', 56 Bloody hell.  (Read 267087 times)

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
https://www.youtube.com/v/Fsqawa2OCUU

Thats my day gone. That 1st guys reaction after the 2nd goal made me wait for his reactions after 3rd and 4th goals with a strange little smile. Wasnt disappointed. Especially that Por Que. Por Que bit.

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
I will never tire of dropping videos like these, even if I have already shared them before.  8)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fsqawa2OCUU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Fsqawa2OCUU</a>

Massive fan of the guy at 6:10 producing the worlds smallest stool from somewhere
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Massive fan of the guy at 6:10 producing the worlds smallest stool from somewhere
Yeah but I'd have smashed the face in of the guy wearing the Argentina shirt.  Come on man just shut the fuck up!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
I watched the game in the pub and never thought we deserved to lose at all, much less three nil.
That's exactly what I thought watched it at home with a mate and we both thought the same. We also had more possession than them at the Nou Camp (47-53) which must be rare in itself and indicates that we played well better than the scoreline suggests, the second leg just confirmed it.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red

The best thing is when his friend gesticulates how LFC are taking Barca up the arse, the whole arm! "El brazo entero!"
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That's exactly what I thought watched it at home with a mate and we both thought the same. We also had more possession than them at the Nou Camp (47-53) which must be rare in itself and indicates that we played well better than the scoreline suggests, the second leg just confirmed it.

Ter Stegan made several great saves in the first leg as well coupled with us missing a couple easy chances (the chance at the end that Mo and Bobby? Missed).

Offline SpartanTree. No deccies or lights.

• Legacy Fan
  • This is ANFIELD !!!
The best thing is when his friend gesticulates how LFC are taking Barca up the arse, the whole arm! "El brazo entero!"

Agreed - that's the best bit! (6.17 - 6.23) ...  ;D

'Siempre es posible' - my eyes have seen the glory...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9OHC7lIfvk4

Physical death I do not fear, death of conscience is a sure death.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.

Best bit for me was "Somos una mierda, somos una mierda, somos una puta mierda!" Round 6:32.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
And he ran into Fabinho looking for the free kick whilst looking like he was trying to deck him.

Messi actually fouled Fab, and then fell down. Ref was conned.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”

It’s the way the girl hides behind the cushion for a corner taken quickly. The ultimate horror movie for Catalans
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
There's a video of the reaction from a Barca bar I think in NYC, and there is one Liverpool fan there with a Cheshire Cat grin while all the Barca fans are going ballistic at the tv.
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I will never tire of dropping videos like these, even if I have already shared them before.  8)
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fsqawa2OCUU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Fsqawa2OCUU</a>

Loved that. That guy in the Argentina top, hahahaha. Also love watching the Madrid fan reactions to it  ;D

This one is great:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FZj4CF9TxIY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FZj4CF9TxIY</a>
« Last Edit: May 6, 2020, 10:48:21 am by Dench57 »
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
Anyone got a link to the video showing reds fans celebrating from all over the world ? Think it was an official LFCTV one.

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The game is available on Barcelona’s site. I watched it this week. No login required

Quality version alright.  Pretty pish commentating but you'd expect that from the Barca website......''Oriji.........Moneh'' etc  ;D  And thats from an English commentator

Watched it again yesterday.  Funny how you still get all the nervous tension even though you know the outcome

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Valverde admitted this game just broke the team.  I don't think they will recover in Europe till they win another Champions League title.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
Watched this match one year ago in a dark hospital room on my mobile phone with headphones and had to be quiet. I also was quite fucked after surgery two days earlier. Have just watched it again on Swiss TV (they're showing the best CL matches of recent years due to Corona) and it's incredible how fucked Barca were after the first two goals in the second half. You could see it in their eyes that they were shit scared of messing it up again. And that YNWA at the end with all the players and staff still gives me goosebumps...

Offline Red_Bear

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
Anyone got a link to the video showing reds fans celebrating from all over the world ? Think it was an official LFCTV one.
The one from the final is here, if that's the one you mean - I don't recall one from the semi final, though that doesn't mean there wasn't one!

Offline WhoHe

• Legacy Fan
Cheers thats the one.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Loved that. That guy in the Argentina top, hahahaha. Also love watching the Madrid fan reactions to it  ;D

This one is great:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/FZj4CF9TxIY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/FZj4CF9TxIY</a>

I remember that prick with the beard.  Think he's a Real Madrid fan. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
Happy Barca Day Reds!
We are Liverpool!

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
Just posted in audio/video thread full download of it in 1080-h265 with radio 5 live and BT Sport comms and stadium atmosphere all in the same file.   :wave :wave

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
How i managed to watch the whole match whilst at work, across from my boss, still baffles me a year on :D, when Gini scored the 3rd, I literally jumped out of my chair and fist pumped furiously without making a sound. My boss looked at me, and laughed her ass off, and said nothing haha. Once Origi scored, I started crying I was so emotional, and had to leave the office for a bit :D

I said as soon as the first leg finished, that we would batter them, I was convinced that we would destroy them after the performance we put in at their place. Obviously once we knew that both Mo and Bobby would miss the 2nd leg, I wasn't sure we would progress, but I was still convinced that would win at the very least.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
ORIIGIIIIIII

Offline timhendo

• Main Stander
I remember a year ago so clearly like many of us, 2 days before this game my brother (massive massive red) died aged 43 and I took his son to the game, I just hoped the red men would put in a performance that would do my brother proud... they certainly did that!
 I could just picture my brothers smiling in the sky watching the mighty reds smash Barca!
YNWA Matt.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
One year. Wow. Easily the best match I've been to. Will tell my grandkids about it. I knew from the very first minute something special might be brewing. Suarez getting a deafening chorus of abuse, the energy the players started with, the corner won and the roar all around the ground. Bedlam when the first went in - Barca knew they were in trouble.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
What a night this was. Can't believe it's a year already.

From Messi nervously looking at the Kop during the CL anthem, to the looks in the players eyes after each of the first three goals went in. A team of serial winners and we trampled all over them like they were nothing.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
"Corner taken quickly....... ORIGIIIIII" will go down in sporting legend in a similar way to "they think it's all over.... it is now!"

The most amazing, unbelievable, off the cuff, genius few seconds of sport I've had the pleasure to witness.

Offline reddebs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
For anyone interested the game's being shown on lfctv today at 2pm then again at 8pm [emoji106]

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Happy "Corner taken quickly, ORIGI" day everyone

Seems a lifetime ago in another world at the moment- but we will have some great moments when we get back too. Think the first match after lockdown may rival this match with all the pent up emotion!

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Happy "Corner taken quickly, ORIGI" day everyone

Seems a lifetime ago in another world at the moment- but we will have some great moments when we get back too. Think the first match after lockdown may rival this match with all the pent up emotion!

Beating the bitters with another late Origi goal to win the title at Old Trafford after City lose to Arsenal at Wembley will be lovely.

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Just one of the greatest nights I’ve had I reckon. The early goal, the knowledge we were well in the game at half time, but the knowledge that one goal for them and we were in trouble. The quick two goals that drew us level even had me thinking that if they score now we’ll still be ok. At 3-3 I was relatively calm for some reason. At 4-3 I was shitting myself again that we had something to lose.

What a night. The celebrations at full time in my house and at the ground will live in my memory for a long time. My son watched it with me and I don’t think he could believe itZ trying to explain to him this wasn’t normal was tricky though!

Offline thechulloran

• Legacy Fan
I was at the front of the kop and I remember just walking to the halfway house shaking as I was trying to book a plane to Madrid on my phone

the halfie was bouncing with webster and a lad (who looks as speechless as me) says to me "mad"
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists" - Tom Hicks

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
Obviously missing the routine of going the game since lockdown kicked in. But today having all those memories flooding back of that game really cheers me up.

The pure elation is not something you can describe.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad

If anyone missed the 'Champions League Throwback - 29/04/2020' program on BT for the Barcelona game, it is apparently available here:-

https://www.reddit.com/r/footballhighlights/comments/gf3h9z/champions_league_throwback_liverpool_vs_barcelona (1080p HD - 50FPS - 5gb mkv)

Inside Anfield: Liverpool 4-0 Barcelona (14 mins, from LFC) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ik-DhHJM8eo

Barcelona 'MatchDay' documentary (episode 7) - https://rakuten.tv/uk/movies/matchday-episode-7-the-18-day-storm (free to watch, though requires registration)

« Last Edit: May 7, 2020, 11:02:28 am by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
After the devastation of the City result the night before, just incredible that they could pull out a performance like that with key players missing and also stopping Barca from scoring.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
Quite apart from this night, which was by a distance the maddest night anyone of us will ever experience, but the whole week either side of it was bonkers.  God knows how we got through it all.

Sat 4 May   Newcastle 2-3 Liverpool. Big Divock scoring the late winner, and my poor heart is in turmoil. Could we do it?
Mon 6 May  City 1-0 Leicester, and that bloody Kompany goal.

And then 24 hours later we kick off at Anfield, 0-3 down and without Mo and Bobby. I mean, miracles don't really happen, not against Barcelona?

The following night was Spurs's late comeback vs Ajax, and I knew we were never ever losing to them in Madrid.

And the following Sunday was the last day of the league, Brighton taking an early lead and all that.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
Quite apart from this night, which was by a distance the maddest night anyone of us will ever experience, but the whole week either side of it was bonkers.  God knows how we got through it all.

Sat 4 May   Newcastle 2-3 Liverpool. Big Divock scoring the late winner, and my poor heart is in turmoil. Could we do it?
Mon 6 May  City 1-0 Leicester, and that bloody Kompany goal.

And then 24 hours later we kick off at Anfield, 0-3 down and without Mo and Bobby. I mean, miracles don't really happen, not against Barcelona?

The following night was Spurs's late comeback vs Ajax, and I knew we were never ever losing to them in Madrid.

And the following Sunday was the last day of the league, Brighton taking an early lead and all that.

It was mad.

If Brighton had somehow hung on that day I think that would have rivalled any week a team has had in top level football.

So glad we put things right so soon by dominating the league this year.

Offline ian1204

• Kemlynite
Very sorry to hear about your brother Timhendo. Must have been very emotional for you and your nephew. Ynwa