Author Topic: A future without Steven Gerrard  (Read 44647 times)

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
Re: A future without Steven Gerrard
« Reply #200 on: July 27, 2012, 12:11:52 pm »
A future without Steven Gerrard? What an awful thought.

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline DTLFC92

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #201 on: July 27, 2012, 12:17:48 pm »
We do know Gerrard, Carragher and others all speak to Bascombe? He's Carragher's journo of choice and even serialised his book, so a bit strange that he's not allowed to be quoted on here.

He's rightly not quoted on here. He's a disgrace, and that's putting it kindly.

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #202 on: July 27, 2012, 12:20:07 pm »
Nothing. People are kicking a fuss over absolutely fuck all.

On RAWK ? Never  ;)
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #203 on: July 27, 2012, 12:59:41 pm »
He's rightly not quoted on here. He's a disgrace, and that's putting it kindly.

So are Gerrard and Carragher a disgrace for doing exclusives with him? Like it or not our captain and vice captain using him as their favoured journo legitimises him. If you think it doesn't then take it up with them.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Motty

• 'Arry's Tax Lawyer. T'riffic. Hush, hush, eye to eye. When will he, will he be famous? I can't answer that!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: A future without Steven Gerrard
« Reply #204 on: July 27, 2012, 01:18:00 pm »
Nothing. It just doesn't mean anything:

And this time last year it was all about how Kenny was the right man and going to bring success back to the club.

If we end up with a new manager next year he'll say the same things then.
so he shouldn't answer any questions about a new manager just to keep you happy cos it doesn't mean anything, fucking mad

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #205 on: July 27, 2012, 01:26:48 pm »
So you're finding a way to have a go at a player for having faith in a manager?

Players quite simply should not be comment on whether they have faith in the manager or not.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 27, 2012, 01:29:26 pm »
Players quite simply should not be comment on whether they have faith in the manager or not.

That's absurd. Especially when they're being asked a question about a new manager coming in. It would create more a stir if he refused to comment on it.

Can't believe people are getting on his back for coming out with positive comments. It's ridiculous.

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: July 27, 2012, 01:30:34 pm »
Something like this...

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: July 27, 2012, 01:31:54 pm »

So when he's asked a question about the manager should he just say nothing and shit his pants?

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #209 on: July 27, 2012, 01:37:51 pm »
That's absurd. Especially when they're being asked a question about a new manager coming in. It would create more a stir if he refused to comment on it.

Can't believe people are getting on his back for coming out with positive comments. It's ridiculous.

Players shouldn't comment on managers full stop because you end up on a hiding to nothing. It's fine commenting during the honeymoon period but then you have to do it constantly otherwise your silence is seen as not backing the manager. Why put yourself in that position in the first place.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #210 on: July 27, 2012, 01:38:41 pm »
So when he's asked a question about the manager should he just say nothing and shit his pants?

What is wrong with it's not a players role to comment on their manager.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: July 27, 2012, 01:40:03 pm »

Haha! :D

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: July 27, 2012, 01:41:35 pm »
Absolutely absurd the way some people think. Our captain coming out with positive comments on the team and the manager and he shouldn't be allowed to do it.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: July 27, 2012, 01:43:33 pm »
Why put yourself in that position in the first place.

Because they don't give a fuck about the stock answers given to the press?  It's just an unfortunate necessity they have to speak to them.

Does it make any difference to the player/manager relationship?  I should really hope not.

Does it make any difference to people with weird agendas against our players?  Apparently so.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #214 on: July 27, 2012, 01:43:34 pm »
We should leave that to you Al. You'd be ace a drumming up that positive vibe, adding that bit of back up just when someone needs it.

You could be like that fat c*nt at chelsea who blagged his way in pretending he could speak Italian, you could do that for us. "I speaka da confidenchio....
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: A future without Steven Gerrard
« Reply #215 on: July 27, 2012, 01:49:28 pm »
so he shouldn't answer any questions about a new manager just to keep you happy cos it doesn't mean anything, fucking mad

I didn't say he shouldn't answer questions - I just said it doesn't mean anything because we've heard it all before.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #216 on: July 27, 2012, 01:50:05 pm »
Because they don't give a fuck about the stock answers given to the press?  It's just an unfortunate necessity they have to speak to them.

Does it make any difference to the player/manager relationship?  I should really hope not.

Does it make any difference to people with weird agendas against our players?  Apparently so.

He manages to keep his grid shut when the manager is under the cosh though so why cant he do it all the time.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #217 on: July 27, 2012, 01:53:00 pm »
Some people on RAWK would cross the road to take offence.

Move on lads and lasses its feckin pointless this debate.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline fowler9_god

• Kopite
  • And could he play!
« Reply #218 on: July 27, 2012, 01:56:40 pm »
He manages to keep his grid shut when the manager is under the cosh though so why cant he do it all the time.

He is the kind of player who loses faith very easily. Play like the big side, dominate etc etc. The usual bollocks.

Just say that the training is positive but we need to do our talking on the pitch. One of my biggest problems is how we build ourselves up every fuckin' season only to fail.
Justice for the 96

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #219 on: July 27, 2012, 02:00:35 pm »
Well in skipper, been wanting to hear this from you for a few years now!!

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #220 on: July 27, 2012, 02:00:50 pm »
He is the kind of player who loses faith very easily. Play like the big side, dominate etc etc. The usual bollocks.

Just say that the training is positive but we need to do our talking on the pitch. One of my biggest problems is how we build ourselves up every fuckin' season only to fail.

Yep this time last year it was Henry talking about top 4 this year it is Gerrard why give the press sticks to beat the manager with. Rodgers is trying to manage the expectation and gain a little bit of breathing space and Gerrard is talking about top 4. What happened to taking one game at a time and keeping the rallying calls within the dressing room.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: July 27, 2012, 02:07:31 pm »

Was he asked directly about our managers when they were under the cosh?  How did he reply?

I love Rafa and Kenny as much as the next heterosexual Liverpool fan, and for the record I like reading your stuff when it's not about Gerrard or Carra.  But seriously man let it go.  These guys are Liverpool through and through, you're not doing yourself or anybody else any favours...

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: July 27, 2012, 02:13:20 pm »

This is the crux of Al's point. If you're going to express faith in a manger then the time to do it is when he's under pressure, or his job's under threat. Gerrard hasn't really done that with any of his managers, so because he talks them up when they first come in, to help with the first impressions, it then leaves you to question why he's not doing the same - as captain - when things aren't going well.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: July 27, 2012, 02:15:39 pm »
When can we start the A future without (Lucas, Pepe, Agger, Skrtel, Kelly, Morgan) threads.

He’s here now. Lets enjoy that fact just as we did when Aldridge, Keegan, Fowler, Rush, Kenny where kicking around.

There will always be another...
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: July 27, 2012, 02:16:21 pm »
Well in skipper, been wanting to hear this from you for a few years now!!

Unless you're being sarcastic, he said much the same when Hodgson and Dalglish first took over. Said very little in their last few months, when a bit of public backing from the captain could have gone a long way. I'm not saying he should have done, but just that him backing Rodgers now means very little.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #225 on: July 27, 2012, 02:22:33 pm »

This.

Offline dernaroy

• Anny Roader
« Reply #226 on: July 27, 2012, 02:35:57 pm »
Absolutely absurd the way some people think. Our captain coming out with positive comments on the team and the manager and he shouldn't be allowed to do it.

Talk about making a mountain out of a molehill.

Don't you understand? He should have gone about the interview happy-go-lucky talking about how good the American tour is, our chances this season etc. and when he is asked what he thinks of the new manager he should have just said, "Sorry, I'm not prepared to comment on the manager". That would have been completely fine and caused no shitstorm whatsoever.
i admireyour optimism but if you honestly believe we will finish even in the top 6 this year , then you my friend (im at pains to say this ) are deluded.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: July 27, 2012, 02:37:56 pm »
Does anyone really expect Gerrard to say anything negative?  ::)

Of course he's going to say something positive about the likes of Roy and such... he's a true professional after all. If it doesn't work out - bad luck but that doesn't mean he shouldn't give a manager an opportunity to impress!
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: July 27, 2012, 02:40:20 pm »
My good god, some of you's are bored.

There's no story here, Stevie just answering some questions - last season, not good enough in the league, this season Liverpool should be aiming for the top again. That's the gist of it, move along.

"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
A future without Steven Gerrard
« Reply #229 on: July 27, 2012, 03:18:28 pm »
Jesus kids. Worst thread ever.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #230 on: July 27, 2012, 03:19:10 pm »
Let's just hope he puts as much effort into this season as he did in the Euros.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline DTLFC92

• Main Stander
« Reply #231 on: July 27, 2012, 03:44:06 pm »
So are Gerrard and Carragher a disgrace for doing exclusives with him? Like it or not our captain and vice captain using him as their favoured journo legitimises him. If you think it doesn't then take it up with them.

Please, show me where I have suggested that Gerrard and Carragher are a disgrace? I believe I used that term to describe Bascombe. A player could conduct an interview with a journalist from the Sun, it 'legitimises' the interview, but it wouldn't make it welcome on here.

I think they should know better. They can talk to him all they want, it makes me think no better of the man. He's a horrible little man, jumped ship to the Sunday Sun and used it to peddle his sad little agenda against the manager at the time.

Anyway, this is the topic about the club captain. This is for another debate all together.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 27, 2012, 04:08:57 pm »
Please, show me where I have suggested that Gerrard and Carragher are a disgrace? I believe I used that term to describe Bascombe. A player could conduct an interview with a journalist from the Sun, it 'legitimises' the interview, but it wouldn't make it welcome on here.

I think they should know better. They can talk to him all they want, it makes me think no better of the man. He's a horrible little man, jumped ship to the Sunday Sun and used it to peddle his sad little agenda against the manager at the time.

Anyway, this is the topic about the club captain. This is for another debate all together.

I just don't understand the logic behind Bascombe not allowed to be quoted on here when it's our captain - or vice captain more often - that he's interviewing.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #233 on: July 27, 2012, 04:29:46 pm »

The point is though that Bascombe's agenda against the manager had one central plank that the two Senior players had lost faith in the manager. They didn't correct him at the time and they still give Bascombe interviews to this day. That is why Gerrard's piece is so wrong publicly backing yet another new manager but keeping quiet when people use his name to attack his managers.

As a Captain either don't talk about your manager or you stay consistent and back them all the time.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #234 on: July 27, 2012, 04:30:44 pm »
Romanticism makes you silly.  Fact is Stevie doesn't have that much to offer anymore.  Yes, on occassion he is obviously capable of putting out some amazing performances but more times than not he isn't what he once was but we have this idea that at any given moment he can pull someting out of nothing which simply isn't the case anymore.  Love what he's done for us, but he isn't the future anymore and its time we start accepting that so the club can move forward.  People can take it how you like, but that's my viewpoint on the situation.  I want us to get the best out of what we have and that includes Stevie.  Over relying on him isn't what's best for us or him anymore.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #235 on: July 27, 2012, 04:32:35 pm »
Romanticism makes you silly.  Fact is Stevie doesn't have that much to offer anymore.  Yes, on occassion he is obviously capable of putting out some amazing performances but more times than not he isn't what he once was but we have this idea that at any given moment he can pull someting out of nothing which simply isn't the case anymore.  Love what he's done for us, but he isn't the future anymore and its time we start accepting that so the club can move forward.  People can take it how you like, but that's my viewpoint on the situation.  I want us to get the best out of what we have and that includes Stevie.  Over relying on him isn't what's best for us or him anymore.

If we play him in the right position, then he'll be effective consistently. He's been playing back further in midfield last season to cover injuries but it's quite clear when he played forward he still can make a big contribution.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Lemieux

• Kopite
« Reply #236 on: July 27, 2012, 04:44:35 pm »
If we play him in the right position, then he'll be effective consistently. He's been playing back further in midfield last season to cover injuries but it's quite clear when he played forward he still can make a big contribution.

True but I still feel if we don't rest him and manage his minutes then we're only hurting him and ourselves.  Something has got to give and for the past 2 seasons we've failed to do the right thing.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: July 27, 2012, 04:51:14 pm »

I agree withy ou 100%. It's time to start phasing Gerrard out now. We are a better team nowadays without Stevie. What you have done in the past is irrelevant. You have to earn the shirt everyday. when Stevie retires, we can luad him as the club legend that he is but while he is still an active player, his past should mean nothing. It's all about what he can do today, and Gerrard is too injury prone and not intelligent enough as a footballer to adapt his game.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #238 on: July 27, 2012, 05:01:16 pm »
Shankly retired we carried on
Paisley retired w e carried on
Crazy horse left the club we carried on
Keegan moved to hamburg we carried on
Dalglish left twice we have carried on
Rafa and GED left we carried on
Gerrard leaves we will carry on
So why the thread when he goes the manager will have the problem and the club will carry on,

nobody is bigger than the club, not sadly Kenny or even this Gerrard cult in our fanbase,

Good servant but when he retires someone will take his place as always here.

Edit also unless he slightly alters his game he has 2-3 seasons max less with injuries perhaps!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 05:03:03 pm by geoffstrong »
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: July 27, 2012, 05:06:18 pm »
better team without stevie?

people really think that?