Author Topic: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer  (Read 131102 times)

Offline iheartsuarez

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Comolli: Only 1or 2 adjustments in the summer
« Reply #2120 on: March 9, 2012, 08:16:00 am »
LFC if are serious to get to TOP4 and not just stopping there need a REAL SHAKE UP

Throw OUT CARROLL ,HENDERSON & ENRIQUE FOR SURE...

Get a Cover for Skrtel --- like Coates for AGGER.

BRING ALBA / KOLAROV   (5-7m)   ------for LB

LUCAS will be fit next season but we do need a BACKUP for him as well who can come in HANDY to cover for GERRARD as well ---- TINO COSTA (10-12m)

ADAM is not consistent enough for 1st team ---- EVER BANEGA (15-16m) or AQUILANI (our own)

MUNIAIN or HAZARD as they both can play LEFT & RIGHT and could either take place of DOWNING or SUB for either DOWNING/ KUYT.

MOST IMPORTANTLY A STRIKER WHO CAN SCORE GOALS
--------CARROLL surely has to go if LFC want to save them from embarrassment

-------SUAREZ is not a GOAL scorer & has his own problems if I'll get 45-50m from PSG I'll sell him and BRING HUNTELAAR 14-15m  ,LORENTE 10-12m ,CAVANI 35m ,ROSSI 16m

this 40-65m will make a HUGE Difference when compared to COMOLI'S 100m

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #2121 on: March 9, 2012, 08:20:19 am »
LFC if are serious to get to TOP4 and not just stopping there need a REAL SHAKE UP

LUCAS will be fit next season but we do need a BACKUP for him as well who can come in HANDY to cover for GERRARD as well ---- TINO COSTA (10-12m)

ADAM is not consistent enough for 1st team ---- EVER BANEGA (15-16m) or AQUILANI (our own)

MUNIAIN or HAZARD as they both can play LEFT & RIGHT and could either take place of DOWNING or SUB for either DOWNING/ KUYT.

-------SUAREZ is not a GOAL scorer & has his own problems if I'll get 45-50m from PSG I'll sell him and BRING HUNTELAAR 14-15m  ,LORENTE 10-12m ,CAVANI 35m ,ROSSI 16m

Is this some sort of joke?

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #2122 on: March 9, 2012, 08:26:26 am »
are we done with championship manager already ?

Offline Gene

• Severe Tropical Cyclone (RSMC Nadi designation:12F JTWC designation:15P)
  • Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #2123 on: March 9, 2012, 08:27:31 am »
Again, where do you got this from? I am watching the Bundesliga for years, the season you mentioned as well and the team was shite with a shite manager and in no way it was because of him they almost got relegated. I saw it with my own eyes, week in, week out, did you?

The point is that he is the sort of player we missed this season. A top quality player in his pysical prime and I do hope we sign at least three of them in summer.

I get this from my time spent living in Germany (worked for the Deutscher Wetterdienst) and watching Bundesliga football. I dare say I watch Bundesliga football just as much as English football, (I know I've seen more Bundesliga matches live).

He scores only 2 goals in 27 matches and generally plays like ass (after Koln spent a good deal of money on him by Koln standards). I love the "I saw it with my own eyes, week in, week out, did you?" comment. I've seen him play live for Bayern, Koln, and the German NT.

And now for the third time.... He's a good player, not a world beater. He's also soon to be an Arsenal player, moving on.
« Last Edit: March 9, 2012, 08:31:52 am by Gene »
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2124 on: March 9, 2012, 08:40:09 am »

WHAT the hell ARE YOU smoking ?
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #2125 on: March 9, 2012, 08:44:32 am »

Throw OUT ENRIQUE FOR SURE...

AQUILANI (our own)

HUNTELAAR 14-15m  ,LORENTE 10-12m

:lmao :lmao :lmao

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2126 on: March 9, 2012, 08:53:31 am »
One or two potential additions to the first team is all I could dream of anyway as they do not need a massive overhaul. Start building a spine that will be around for several years, ie Reina Agger Skrtel Lucas Suarez which is blended in with lads who can do the biz for a couple of seasons before retirement Bellamy, SG etc then we have a platform that wont be shaken too much. I hate this 4 or 5 new players every year as its an indication things are not working / panic stations are at hand and touch wood Kennt Stevie * Co just want to add cream to the top right now.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline k.7

• Main Stander
« Reply #2127 on: March 9, 2012, 09:25:23 am »

Says the poster with the name iheartsuarez

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2128 on: March 9, 2012, 09:26:55 am »
Stop quoting that drek please.
It's more damaging then sniffing glue.

Offline Toxfixiation

• Kopite
  • 90% of the time, it works EVERY time!!
« Reply #2129 on: March 9, 2012, 09:31:37 am »
RAWK is letting itself go.....

i vote for mandatory IQ tests, literacy levels and Uefa coaching badges to permit access to the site
We could buy a squashed hedgehog,put him in a dress,a little makeup ,explode him with 200 pounds of C4 then scoop the bits up,put him into a pie,cook him for 45 minutes,let it cool and put it on the halfway line and he'd be a great replacement for Cole.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2131 on: March 9, 2012, 09:50:04 am »
I get this from my time spent living in Germany (worked for the Deutscher Wetterdienst) and watching Bundesliga football. I dare say I watch Bundesliga football just as much as English football, (I know I've seen more Bundesliga matches live).

He scores only 2 goals in 27 matches and generally plays like ass (after Koln spent a good deal of money on him by Koln standards). I love the "I saw it with my own eyes, week in, week out, did you?" comment. I've seen him play live for Bayern, Koln, and the German NT.

And now for the third time.... He's a good player, not a world beater. He's also soon to be an Arsenal player, moving on.

Fair enough. In my opinion Podolski is a world class player with the ability to score on a regular basis.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #2132 on: March 9, 2012, 09:53:09 am »
If he is arsed about plying when he goes/if he goes to Arsenal it will be a top signing for them, but that tells me RVP is off.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Hinesy

• RAWK Editor. Giving it BAFTA’s. 57'sy. Caramel log dealer and comma chameleon. Tory Totty Tonguer
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2133 on: March 9, 2012, 09:55:54 am »
Is this some sort of joke?

HI. WE DON'T USE CAPS ON RAWK unless we need to. AND YOU DON'T NEED TO. ESPECIALLY WHEN WHAT YOU'RE SAYING is bollocks.

(JuSt frieNdly advice mate :wave)
Yep.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2134 on: March 9, 2012, 09:56:32 am »
If he is arsed about plying when he goes/if he goes to Arsenal it will be a top signing for them, but that tells me RVP is off.

Not necessarily. He's capable of playing in any of the 3 in a 4-3-3. As it stands, Arsenal would be screwed if RVP were to get injured again, they have no decent backup. Podolski would provide this, as well as provide a great option on the wings.

At the price being touted, it's not much of a risk at all.

Offline Lean Dewtas

• Main Stander
  • Winners
« Reply #2135 on: March 9, 2012, 09:57:02 am »
Has someone seriously said 'get rid of Enrique'?!

Please, can I have some LSD too?

Thanks.

Llorente is too far out of our price range imo, unless Luis goes. Would be a superb signing though. Saying that, about 8 of those Bilbao players would  ;D

Offline Bjinxi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2136 on: March 9, 2012, 10:01:27 am »
After seeing Llorentes play yesterday it is obvious that we should seriously look at him...

Although he is tall he offers a lot and I claim that Carroll will never become that good.... Carroll lacks game intelligence and although he improved a bit, will not fit into our system...

But yeah for me Cole, Aqua (sadly), Carroll and even Adam should be sold so we get around 20m, then Maxi, Aurelio and maybe Jones wil leave. Freeing up wages.

We should seriously try to get LLorente or Cavani and Banega. as marquees and then maybe Hoilett/Zaha as another winger and maybe even FLetcher if Wolves go down, since he wont mind our bench.
 But missing out on CL wont increase our chances but if we dont go for these types of players we will have another very difficult season ahead of us...

I really hope that Commoli sees that as well and will sort it out... we cant afford a transfer buisness like last summer

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #2137 on: March 9, 2012, 10:02:30 am »
Iheartsuarez, thanks for the pick me up.  ;D

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #2138 on: March 9, 2012, 10:08:00 am »
After seeing Llorentes play yesterday it is obvious that we should seriously look at him...

Although he is tall he offers a lot and I claim that Carroll will never become that good.... Carroll lacks game intelligence and although he improved a bit, will not fit into our system...

But yeah for me Cole, Aqua (sadly), Carroll and even Adam should be sold so we get around 20m, then Maxi, Aurelio and maybe Jones wil leave. Freeing up wages.

We should seriously try to get LLorente or Cavani and Banega. as marquees and then maybe Hoilett/Zaha as another winger and maybe even FLetcher if Wolves go down, since he wont mind our bench.
 But missing out on CL wont increase our chances but if we dont go for these types of players we will have another very difficult season ahead of us...

I really hope that Commoli sees that as well and will sort it out... we cant afford a transfer buisness like last summer
Theres no reason why Carroll cant be as good as Llorente

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #2139 on: March 9, 2012, 10:08:09 am »
Problem with signing players this year is the Euro's, overhyped prices for oplayers so i hope we get sorted before the Tournament gets going. Or do not buy any player in that Tournament :D
Y.N.W.A.

Offline mat106

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2140 on: March 9, 2012, 10:09:19 am »

Get rid of Enrique? Are you for real? Whilst I agree with you re getting a a striker who can actually score what makes you think Cavani would even be interested in a move to us given we won't be in Champions league?

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #2141 on: March 9, 2012, 10:10:52 am »
What super hold up play and movement by Llorente for the 1st goal.Wow.That is what we cannot do.
35m for this lad isnt much.

Offline iheartsuarez

• Main Stander
« Reply #2142 on: March 9, 2012, 10:11:45 am »
sorry guys played a little bit of fifa

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #2143 on: March 9, 2012, 10:12:12 am »
Carroll is 23 Llorente is 27, Alot of time to develop

Offline Quintet

• Kopite

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2145 on: March 9, 2012, 10:14:46 am »
sorry guys played a little bit of fifa

Right out of the David James book of excuses, a classic.

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #2146 on: March 9, 2012, 10:15:06 am »
That isnt the problem,Carroll may have time to develop mate,but do we have time to wait for that long?
IMO Carroll should stay and improve,whereas a top striker does the job for 2-3 years for us,before Real Madrid pay 50m for him.
ATM we need a finished product.
Bilbao have Muniain,Ander etc who are young and not the finished product,but by having the experience of Llorente,they are guaranteed the goals.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2147 on: March 9, 2012, 10:16:16 am »

Exactly, Llorente is at his peak.

Bilbao are also a great side and actually have tons of fucking players running off/supporting Llorente when he is holding the ball up, unlike us at this current time.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
« Reply #2148 on: March 9, 2012, 10:20:15 am »
That isnt the problem,Carroll may have time to develop mate,but do we have time to wait for that long?
IMO Carroll should stay and improve,whereas a top striker does the job for 2-3 years for us,before Real Madrid pay 50m for him.
ATM we need a finished product.
Bilbao have Muniain,Ander etc who are young and not the finished product,but by having the experience of Llorente,they are guaranteed the goals.
So he'd be sold when he is 30, for $50m?

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #2149 on: March 9, 2012, 10:20:32 am »
Thats the thing though palyers like Henderson and Carroll were not signed for immediate impact, they were signed for potential to come good, we have to give these lads some patience

« Reply #2150 on: March 9, 2012, 10:22:29 am »
Honestly I wouldn't want either, just feel we should be looking for a different type of striker, with more likeness to a Torres of a fox in the box rather than a slowish target man

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #2151 on: March 9, 2012, 10:22:36 am »
So he'd be sold when he is 30, for $50m?
When did I say that we should buy a 27 year old only?There are many 23-25 year olds who are quite the finished product.
In the meantime,Carroll can also improve.

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #2152 on: March 9, 2012, 10:22:49 am »
Exactly, Llorente is at his peak.

Bilbao are also a great side and actually have tons of fucking players running off/supporting Llorente when he is holding the ball up, unlike us at this current time.

Also a note, Llorente scored 18 goals from the age 17-22
Carroll scored 17 between 17-22 years old

Offline Didi_ram

• Legacy Fan
  • Only 9900 kms away
« Reply #2153 on: March 9, 2012, 10:28:03 am »
rather than a slowish target man
Llorente slow target man?
Even if he is one,the manner in which he scores his goals in enough to guarantee 25 goals for us,considering the fact that we have very good crossers.

We need a goalscorer,whoever that may be.It could be a  Hernandez type player who adds nothing to the creative side and is useless outside the box but bangs in goals and positions himself beautifully.Or it could be the Torres breed.A rare breed that can beat players,shoot from 25 yards,be a poacher,everything.

« Reply #2154 on: March 9, 2012, 10:38:17 am »
Llorente slow target man?
Even if he is one,the manner in which he scores his goals in enough to guarantee 25 goals for us,considering the fact that we have very good crossers.

We need a goalscorer,whoever that may be.It could be a  Hernandez type player who adds nothing to the creative side and is useless outside the box but bangs in goals and positions himself beautifully.Or it could be the Torres breed.A rare breed that can beat players,shoot from 25 yards,be a poacher,everything.
Yeah Llorente is a goal scorer but when you have the luxury of spending upwards of 20M on one player surely you can decide what type of player that should be. I look at Welbeck and even though he is still raw you can tell he will be a top player with his pace and power. So personally I would like us to bring a goalscorer with a bit of pace

I'd say Henandez has improved his link up play and how old is he?

« Reply #2155 on: March 9, 2012, 10:43:11 am »
Also a note, Llorente scored 18 goals from the age 17-22
Carroll scored 17 between 17-22 years old

What league was Llorente playing in then? Its also not just the goals its the overall performance and how you link up with your teammates. that's why Suarez's goal tally is so frustrating because he does all the right things but his finishing lets him down. Carroll is improving even though at a very slow rate.

Two main problems for me is that we need goals now and I just don't think he suits our style of play

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #2156 on: March 9, 2012, 10:54:06 am »
Not sure why we're even considering Bilbao players at this point.

a) their value has sky-rocketed this season, we knew some of them were gems long ago and didn't do anything about it
b) the lesson here is to give the manager time - how many big signings have Bilbao made in the recent years? just one: Ander Herrera (£7M) and that's their biggest buy ever

Their success comes from doing the exact opposite of going on a panic shopping spree every transfer season looking for instant success.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline LiamG

• Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #2157 on: March 9, 2012, 10:57:05 am »

a) their value has sky-rocketed this season, we knew some of them were gems long ago and didn't do anything about it
b) the lesson here is to give the manager time - how many big signings have Bilbao made in the recent years? just one: Ander Herrera (£7M) and that's their biggest buy ever

Their success comes from doing the exact opposite of going on a panic shopping spree every transfer season looking for instant success.
Thats a fair way of looking at things, Hence the "only 1 or 2 adjustments"

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2158 on: March 9, 2012, 10:57:33 am »

The key to their recent success is Bielsa. Got them to 6th in his first season, and are now on target to get Champions League footy.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
« Reply #2159 on: March 9, 2012, 10:58:29 am »
When did I say that we should buy a 27 year old only?There are many 23-25 year olds who are quite the finished product.
In the meantime,Carroll can also improve.
Having referenced Llorente previously I thought thats who the 'top player' comment was on about.