Author Topic: Mingebags  (Read 256314 times)

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
Re: Mingebags
« Reply #2040 on: June 3, 2021, 01:20:27 pm »
Is this light mingebaggery

Went to my mates the other week for his birthday, we went out on the lash. Before that though he made his special sticky toffee pudding (weird start to a lads night out, but he's got a fucking talent for this pud) and he asks me to bring a few tubs of ice cream to go with. I grab two of those salted caramel hagen daaz tubs and off I go.

Natrually we get shite faced and never tuck into the pud.

Few days later I'm dropping him off after footy (a good 30 mile return trip but he doesn't drive) and I ask him to bob in and bring me one of the tubs of ice cream out if he's not tucked into it so I can have it after me tea.

Now I felt completely reasonable at the time, but I've just realised its just a dairy version of the leftover strongbow cans isn't it?
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2041 on: June 3, 2021, 01:24:08 pm »
Nah not really. Think it's reasonable to ask for one of them, you did buy them afterall.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2042 on: June 3, 2021, 01:33:02 pm »
Would only be mingebaggery if he had already devoured them then you asked for the money.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2043 on: June 3, 2021, 01:49:28 pm »

Went to my mates the other week for his birthday, we went out on the lash. Before that though he made his special sticky toffee pudding (weird start to a lads night out, but he's got a fucking talent for this pud) and he asks me to bring a few tubs of ice cream to go with. I grab two of those salted caramel hagen daaz tubs and off I go.

Few days later I'm dropping him off after footy (a good 30 mile return trip but he doesn't drive) and I ask him to bob in and bring me one of the tubs of ice cream out if he's not tucked into it so I can have it after me tea.

Now I felt completely reasonable at the time, but I've just realised its just a dairy version of the leftover strongbow cans isn't it?

I've said it time & time again, but I absolutely love this thread ;D  Had to click on your profile for your age, Jake, to set the scene - the thought of my lot reacting to something similar being done makes me laugh.  Fair play though - power to your group and their traditions!

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #2044 on: June 3, 2021, 01:49:37 pm »

Nah think you're good there mate, although I've got to admit in all my years of bevying and drinking with groups of lads, having a sticky toffee pudding to start the night off is a new one on me.

I'm actually sat at my desk in work laughing to myself at the thought of it now! :D
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2045 on: June 3, 2021, 02:20:59 pm »
Nah think you're good there mate, although I've got to admit in all my years of bevying and drinking with groups of lads, having a sticky toffee pudding to start the night off is a new one on me.

I'm actually sat at my desk in work laughing to myself at the thought of it now! :D
haha

you are dead right
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #2046 on: June 3, 2021, 02:27:10 pm »
Nice custom title AlphaDelta :lmao

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2047 on: June 3, 2021, 05:52:24 pm »
Nice custom title AlphaDelta :lmao

Haha I knew the fuckers would get on it.

Great work lads. :lmao

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #2048 on: June 3, 2021, 10:13:22 pm »
Haha I knew the fuckers would get on it.

Great work lads. :lmao

Hahahahah........................................................... bastards! :D
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #2049 on: June 3, 2021, 10:17:53 pm »
I've said it time & time again, but I absolutely love this thread ;D  Had to click on your profile for your age, Jake, to set the scene - the thought of my lot reacting to something similar being done makes me laugh.  Fair play though - power to your group and their traditions!

Yes, it started with sticky toffee pudding and seeing if we could tell the difference between different brand of teabag, and ended at 5am cunted with us playing "loser of this hand of poker gets his chest shaved" and singing the VVD song as loud as we could.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2050 on: June 3, 2021, 10:43:24 pm »
Yes, it started with sticky toffee pudding and seeing if we could tell the difference between different brand of teabag, and ended at 5am cunted with us playing "loser of this hand of poker gets his chest shaved" and singing the VVD song as loud as we could.

Normal night out, really...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2051 on: June 3, 2021, 11:43:16 pm »
Yes, it started with sticky toffee pudding and seeing if we could tell the difference between different brand of teabag,

Sounds like something Mrs Doyle and her cronies would do round at Father Ted's parochial house :)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2052 on: June 4, 2021, 12:19:30 am »
Sounds like something Mrs Doyle and her cronies would do round at Father Ted's parochial house :)
Ah go on, go on go on go on go on  ;D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2053 on: June 4, 2021, 08:07:06 am »
I never knew sticky toffee pudding was made with teabags. Did it affect the flavour much, could you tell the difference?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2054 on: June 4, 2021, 08:09:44 am »
Hahahahah........................................................... bastards! :D
Thoroughly enjoyed the run up to the custom title.
I had a toy fire truck as a kid, loved that. Don't know what sort , it wasn't really a fire engine as I imagine them with a ladder, but more a long lorry with a nozzle on the top. Maybe the sort you might expect to see at an airfield.
Dunno why the name DENNIS seems so right too (mine wasn't one I think), maybe I'm a subliminal fire truck spotter. Though now I'm wondering if they are waste trucks.  I think I might need professional help.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #2055 on: June 4, 2021, 10:52:27 am »
Not sure if i've mentioned this one previously, but...

Back when our group of mates had just turned 18 and were able to go away on holidays together (minus any parents), we all booked onto an 18-30's in Kavos. About ten of of us were set to go, from memory, but in the week before we were due to fly one particular mate came off his motor bike and broke his arm, so had to drop out pretty late. Cue the rest of us asking around a few people to see if anyone fancied filling his spot. No joy, until eventually a mutual acquaintance, mostly from playing footy locally, said yes and hopped on to fill the open space. I knew him, but not particularly well.

For some added context this lad was a few years older than us and working full time, while the rest of us were at college and part timing at the local Tesco or whatever.

Anyway, first night out we jump into a bar on the strip and order some cocktails. The 'deals' they were offering were mad, to be honest - five for one + 8 free shots. That kind of thing.

This lad, rather than buying a drink himself, or getting into a pair with someone else and splitting them, didn't bother buying anything and instead was working his way around the group asking if he could "have one of the free ones".

A few of us obliged in that first bar, not least because there were a lot of drinks knocking about, but this situation went on into the next bar, and the next - and for the rest of the 14 day holiday. I honestly don't think he brought a drink himself the entire trip and would just scrounge a leftover shot, or whatever he could get from the rest of us, instead.

Towards the end of the holiday he admitted that the money he'd brought with him (over a grand - which he also proudly revealed at this point) he wanted to save to "spend in the duty free on the way home".

Why he bothered going on a lads holiday for 14 days, just to do a bit of shopping on the way back, was beyond me. It's fair to say he was never invited to anything else after that, and thinking about it, I don't think I've clapped eyes on him since we landed back from that trip.

Every now and again his absolute mingebaggery does get reminisced about though.
« Last Edit: June 4, 2021, 01:03:49 pm by Grobbelrevell »
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline Joff

• Nah.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2056 on: June 4, 2021, 09:48:34 pm »
Not sure if i've mentioned this one previously, but...

Back when our group of mates had just turned 18 and were able to go away on holidays together (minus any parents), we all booked onto an 18-30's in Kavos. About ten of of us were set to go, from memory, but in the week before we were due to fly one particular mate came off his motor bike and broke his arm, so had to drop out pretty late. Cue the rest of us asking around a few people to see if anyone fancied filling his spot. No joy, until eventually a mutual acquaintance, mostly from playing footy locally, said yes and hopped on to fill the open space. I knew him, but not particularly well.

For some added context this lad was a few years older than us and working full time, while the rest of us were at college and part timing at the local Tesco or whatever.

Anyway, first night out we jump into a bar on the strip and order some cocktails. The 'deals' they were offering were mad, to be honest - five for one + 8 free shots. That kind of thing.

This lad, rather than buying a drink himself, or getting into a pair with someone else and splitting them, didn't bother buying anything and instead was working his way around the group asking if he could "have one of the free ones".

A few of us obliged in that first bar, not least because there were a lot of drinks knocking about, but this situation went on into the next bar, and the next - and for the rest of the 14 day holiday. I honestly don't think he brought a drink himself the entire trip and would just scrounge a leftover shot, or whatever he could get from the rest of us, instead.

Towards the end of the holiday he admitted that the money he'd brought with him (over a grand - which he also proudly revealed at this point) he wanted to save to "spend in the duty free on the way home".

Why he bothered going on a lads holiday for 14 days, just to do a bit of shopping on the way back, was beyond me. It's fair to say he was never invited to anything else after that, and thinking about it, I don't think I've clapped eyes on him since we landed back from that trip.

Every now and again his absolute mingebaggery does get reminisced about though.

Everyone is a winner there. He got a cheap hols. You got an anicdote and you never have to see the c*nt again
Nah.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2057 on: June 4, 2021, 09:55:17 pm »

Before darting off to the Craggy Island All Priests Over 75s five a side competition against Rugged Island.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2058 on: June 7, 2021, 02:38:16 pm »
Fucking hell the last couple of pages of this thread have been a cracker. Sticky toffee puds before a night out with the lads, never change RAWK.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2059 on: June 7, 2021, 02:44:45 pm »
Before darting off to the Craggy Island All Priests Over 75s five a side competition against Rugged Island.

Father Romeo Sensini. :D

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2060 on: June 7, 2021, 04:16:47 pm »
Fucking hell the last couple of pages of this thread have been a cracker. Sticky toffee puds before a night out with the lads, never change RAWK.
You've never heard the old 'line the stomach with a sticky toffee pud' trick?

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2061 on: June 7, 2021, 05:07:18 pm »

I thought guessing the brand of tea-bag was equally as hilarious.

Having a line of beak is so last decade :)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2062 on: June 7, 2021, 06:24:56 pm »

Beakhind the times, you say?

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2063 on: June 7, 2021, 09:51:29 pm »

Surely he was only messing about both? I’ve just checked his age and he’s 30 a year younger than me  ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2064 on: June 7, 2021, 10:03:31 pm »
Father Romeo Sensini. :D

Everton's next marque signing.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2065 on: June 8, 2021, 10:59:29 pm »
Mingebaggery at its finest at a bar just outside Belfast today

https://g.co/kgs/VNzCj5

Siobhan Day

2 reviews

5 hours agoNEW

Visited this afternoon after an important meeting. I ordered one hot water and sugar and they wouldn't serve me again as I used my own teabag. The bar was virtually empty and they werent under any pressure with only 2 bar staff working. As a local woman I find it utterly disgraceful that they would begrudge a 2p teabag because it "might as well be alcohol". AVOID IMHO

Response from the owner2 hours ago

Hi Siobhan, I’m sorry but I don’t know where to start with this. Nothing was ordered by you apart from some hot water and sugar. No food, no snacks - nothing. There is a cost to my business for everything you were consuming while at Ben Madigan’s - heating/Aircon, lighting, the staff that served you, the electricity to heat the water, the water itself, the dishwasher used to wash the cup and saucer, the sugar, our rent, the cost to clean the building - I could go on and on….but I won’t. We have just come out of a pandemic where we have been closed for 13 months out of the past 18 - forgive me if I begrudge you the cost of all of the above, and for you to follow it up with a 1 star review beggars belief. If you would like to discuss any of the above feel free to get in touch with me, I will happily speak to you. Kelvin Collins - Owner

Offline damomad

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2066 on: June 8, 2021, 11:27:14 pm »
This thread reminded me of a road trip I did for a gig, Belfast to Dublin and back. Brought my mate and his cousin down. It was like pulling hens teeth getting conversation out of the cousin, which is fair enough.

On the way home, I get out at the petrol station fill it up. No word of an offer for money when I get back in which is bad enough. Then went to leave him home, he didn’t know where the fuck he lived, a few times he said oh you were meant to turn off there. When I finally got rid of him and home realised he’d left his empty crisp and sweet packets lying in the back seat the filthy bugger.
You're still the one pool where I'd happily drown

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #2067 on: June 9, 2021, 08:36:10 am »
Mingebaggery at its finest at a bar just outside Belfast today

great to see them called out

I've seen the same argument from people when they are asked to pay 50 cent or a euro for blackcurrant. Likewise the barman gave the list of costs incurred, said he would throw it in for free in a case where its in a round and other drinks or ordered or if it is with a meal.

Sometimes thats all i order if i am driving for instance and on my own watching a game in the pub, i see it as a saving anyway, at worst you are paying between 50 cent - 1.50 for a drink instead of 5 or 6 quid.
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2068 on: June 9, 2021, 05:04:18 pm »
great to see them called out

I've seen the same argument from people when they are asked to pay 50 cent or a euro for blackcurrant. Likewise the barman gave the list of costs incurred, said he would throw it in for free in a case where its in a round and other drinks or ordered or if it is with a meal.

Sometimes thats all i order if i am driving for instance and on my own watching a game in the pub, i see it as a saving anyway, at worst you are paying between 50 cent - 1.50 for a drink instead of 5 or 6 quid.
I wish more businesses would call out nobheads with reasoned responses such as that. As soon as you step in the building of a hospitality establishment and ask them for a service, you are obliged to be at least buying a drink in my mind.

Same - my partner and I take turns to drive as our 'local' is a few miles away given we live in the sticks. If we're having a meal and I have squash/cordial etc instead of pop, they'll never put it on the bill.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2069 on: June 9, 2021, 05:38:39 pm »
I was assuming they'd charged her for the hot water. Would Siobhan have gone in and ordered, if they'd charged the price of a tea? Maybe given her the tea bag they would have used, just to not be a mingebag bar!

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2070 on: June 9, 2021, 10:51:58 pm »
My reading of it is that she’d taken her own teabag, they’d given her a free hot water in one of their mugs, she’s then asked for another/a top up, expecting it to be free again, using the same teabag she’s already used/ another one she has on her. That was my interpretation.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline afc tukrish

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #2071 on: June 9, 2021, 11:39:19 pm »
My reading of it is that she’d taken her own teabag, they’d given her a free hot water in one of their mugs, she’s then asked for another/a top up, expecting it to be free again, using the same teabag she’s already used/ another one she has on her. That was my interpretation.

Epic mingebaggery, that...

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #2072 on: June 10, 2021, 08:58:29 am »
mingebaggery seems to follow me around like a lost dog

here's another one from my past - only thought of this this morning when a mate sent me a whatsapp about a lad we used to know

anyhoo, i bet a lot of you have came across this situation

i used to play for a football team in widness and used to drive up so i'd give a lift to a couple of mates who also played for the team and lived nearby

one weekend a mate of one of my mates decided to join the team and so i used to pick him up along the way too

he'd walk to the top of the street so i literally drove past that way so it was no problem

in all that time my other 2 mates would throw in a quid or 2 each week towards the petrol - even though i never asked but sort of wanted them to contribute if you see what i mean - but this new fella not once chipped in and it was too awkward to ask him in front of the others

this went on for the whole season and pre season training too

when this fella decided to quit the team i said to my mate 'y'know, your mate never ever chipped in towards the petrol' and he said that he had this discussion with his mate and basically his reply was that i was driving there anyway so i wasn't going out of my way to pick him up

mingebaggery? or because i was going that way anyway and was also getting a few quid of the other lads - am i the mingebag?

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #2073 on: June 10, 2021, 09:09:01 am »

here's another one from my past - only thought of this this morning when a mate sent me a whatsapp about a lad we used to know

i used to play for a football team in widness and used to drive up so i'd give a lift to a couple of mates who also played for the team and lived nearby

one weekend a mate of one of my mates decided to join the team and so i used to pick him up along the way too

he'd walk to the top of the street so i literally drove past that way so it was no problem

in all that time my other 2 mates would throw in a quid or 2 each week towards the petrol - even though i never asked but sort of wanted them to contribute if you see what i mean - but this new fella not once chipped in and it was too awkward to ask him in front of the others

when this fella decided to quit the team i said to my mate 'y'know, your mate never ever chipped in towards the petrol' and he said that he had this discussion with his mate and basically his reply was that i was driving there anyway so i wasn't going out of my way to pick him up

mingebaggery? or because i was going that way anyway and was also getting a few quid of the other lads - am i the mingebag?

I dont think he could be considered a mingebag. You were travelling that direction regardless of his joining or not.

Having said that, you are spending your petrol to do that travel. So if I was travelling with you, I would offer to buy a 6er beer a month or something. Its customary although not obligatory if that makes sense.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2074 on: June 10, 2021, 09:18:20 am »

Sounds like this lad is saving money (whether on fuel or a bus or whatever) and - even if it's a scenario in which you might not ask for a contribution - even just offering would be the correct gesture.  Especially if you don't know him/he's not your invitee to the footy.

---

Sort of reminds me of the situation with my housemate (which you responded to last year) - I already had a tv package including HD sports subscription long before he moved in, so told him not to bother with contributing to that as it's not like gas/leccy where the bill was set to increase with a 2nd person in the house.  What I didn't know was that he's a fan of a Premier League side (who's been able to watch pretty much every single game across the PL, Champions League, cups, etc...) and an avid follower of the cricket (international) & rugby (international, UK, and Australia).  Obviously there are times when it's not an issue at all, but it's extremely frustrating when he treats things like the football as 'a given' and expects me to make way (if I've got the tv on passively) and/or stop whatever else I might be doing (listening to a record, playing guitar, etc).  Much less an issue if he flagged it up a few hours/a day in advance, and even just the gesture of - say - a 4-pack of beers every now & again as a bit of a ('nice one for the 7 footy matches, all the Six Nations, and the cricket this month') wouldn't go amiss.

Not sure if that's me being tight, though.  Doesn't feel like mingebaggery - perhaps just freeloading to an extent.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2075 on: June 10, 2021, 09:56:01 am »

Extra weight in the car uses more fuel. Stopping and starting to let him in the car uses more fuel. So over the full season you will have used more petrol than you would have had you not picked him up, despite driving the exact same distance. He's a miserable c*nt.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2076 on: June 10, 2021, 10:04:26 am »
Epic mingebaggery, that...

Indeed

I find it an incredible story and one that moves out of the realms of mingebaggery and into pure ignorance, self-entitlement and disrespect.

What was her next plan?  Order 2 slices of plain bread and bring her own bangers and sachet of HP to make a sausage butty?

The reply from the cafe owner is wonderful too.  Not sure I could have been so reasoned myself though.

Online Barneylfc∗

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2077 on: June 10, 2021, 10:11:16 am »
Indeed

I find it an incredible story and one that moves out of the realms of mingebaggery and into pure ignorance, self-entitlement and disrespect.

Which she highlights by having to tell people she had 'an important meeting'

Absolute gobshite.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2078 on: June 10, 2021, 10:15:54 am »

Absolute gobshite.
Unbelievable story and with a big of self importance thrown in.

It's a bit like people who give 1 star reviews for places that are closed when they visit, or cant find them a table when they haven't booked.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2079 on: June 10, 2021, 10:24:41 am »

Absolute gobshite.

It was the "important meeting" bit that got me.

I could totally understand it if a homeless guy had done this and I'm sure the cafe owner would have too.

To be honest it looks like the cafe fella actually accepted her behaviour on the day but lost his head when she actually wrote a review slating his business!!

I think we all agree she should have just offered to pay the price of a cup of tea and then used her own teabag if she so wished.  I get that some people like certain brands of tea.  (ask Jake off RAWK -  him and his mates are tea-bag experts :lmao)