Author Topic: Club statement, re ticket prices  (Read 7559 times)

Offline Ab125

• Main Stander
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Offline ben9011

• Main Stander
  • Ohh he wears the number twenty
Re: Club statement, re ticket prices
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2024, 02:54:38 pm »
c*nts, upper anny loads more money loads more hospo.
Hospo prices in general been on the rise for years anyway further lining their pockets.
Extra million quid in their pockets that means nothing in the grand scheme of what the club takes in. Fuckin scumbags and to think they had the cheek to consider increasing the price of that piece of shit membership, a yearly fee for a chance at tickets!!! Bastards

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2024, 02:54:50 pm »
Today, representatives from LFC and the Supporters Board met to discuss engagement processes and the recent two per cent ticket price rise announced for general admission and matchday tickets.

LFC confirmed that its decision on the two per cent rise will not be reversed.

LFC has agreed to review and improve its engagement approach in collaboration with the Supporters Board as it was acknowledged by both parties that more meaningful engagement over ticket prices is required.

Membership prices were on the agenda for discussion during the meeting. LFC had proposed a small rise for next season but both parties have agreed to pause on this until more meaningful engagement can take place between LFC and the Supporters Board.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2024, 02:57:16 pm »
Somewhere in Arizona there's a fella logging on to say who cares, it's only 2%, we're privileged to live near Anfield.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2024, 02:59:08 pm »
If I’m right, that’s 2% every year for 5 years, so roughly that’s 10% increase over 5 years if my dumb maths is correct, but with no rise in the previous 5, that’s a 10% rise over 10 years(roughly speaking) which equates to 1% per year, over 10 years. Is that correct?

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2024, 03:01:53 pm »
Somewhere in Arizona there's a fella logging on to say who cares, it's only 2%, we're privileged to live near Anfield.

Good point. Let’s move this to the ticketing forum.

This is for people who actually go, I guess. Going criteria I declare as 20+ games a season.

Let’s go match goers!
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2024, 03:08:37 pm »
Oh boy this is going to cause bigger issues.

Where did the 2% hike come from? Could they not increase it by say 0.5% initially or something?

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2024, 03:13:39 pm »
Today, representatives from LFC and the Supporters Board met to discuss engagement processes and the recent two per cent ticket price rise announced for general admission and matchday tickets.

LFC has agreed to review and improve its engagement approach in collaboration with the Supporters Board as it was acknowledged by both parties that more meaningful engagement over ticket prices is required.

Membership prices were on the agenda for discussion during the meeting. LFC had proposed a small rise for next season but both parties have agreed to pause on this until more meaningful engagement can take place between LFC and the Supporters Board.

We've all heard this from the club before - many times, in fact - and yet here we are... with more promises from the club to 'review and improve its engagement approach in collaboration' with the Supporters Board (and other fan representative groups).

It'd more meaningful if they actually started improving 'its engagement approach in collaboration' - instead of just repeatedly telling us they will.

'Well done, boys. Good process.'  :butt

« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 03:17:24 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2024, 03:17:41 pm »
Remember after the Super League malarkey FSG signed a deal to have meaningful reprsentation from the fans on the board regarding key decisons? We all knew that wasn't going to mean anything.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2024, 03:24:32 pm »
Remember after the Super League malarkey FSG signed a deal to have meaningful reprsentation from the fans on the board regarding key decisons? We all knew that wasn't going to mean anything.

If you ran your own business, would you let the customers decide on how you run it?

Just asking

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2024, 03:26:31 pm »
If you ran your own business, would you let the customers decide on how you run it?

Just asking

It's our club though! :P

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2024, 03:26:45 pm »

Just asking

You wouldn't.

But FSG tried to spin it as this will matter and the PR spin from the LFC journos trying to make out they would matter was off the scale.  :D

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2024, 03:30:54 pm »

Just asking

It's a football club.

Though I do imagine they don't regard 2% price rise as a key decision, rightly or wrongly.
:D

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2024, 03:33:21 pm »

Just asking

If you are owned by a US consortium then surely The customer is always right.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2024, 03:33:57 pm »

Just asking

Chopper, mate - that's somewhat of a false equivalency (and you know that). But... it seems that business gave customers a voice to be heard at board level - though then admits it hasn't listened to that voice (or the board of customers and other customer groups it also talks to). It instead promises to again improve upon listening to its valued 'customers'... despite the fact it has made these promises many times before...

How'd you think the 'business' is going to be seen in the eyes of those 'customers'?

Anyway, back to the club statement... what an inadequate and empty statement that is.

« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 03:56:28 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2024, 03:35:16 pm »
I have to be blunt here, but what's the end-game for the supporter groups fighting against this? I'm sure they would like the tickets to be even cheaper as well? Surely its a simple game of supply and demand, when's the last time we didn't sell out a game, 20+ years ago? From FSG's point of view, why would they not increase ticket prices when there is clearly more demand than supply? I'm sure there will be some people on the threshold where this increase makes it too expensive, and they should give up their tickets. I had to buy a 9 year old car recently because a 6-year old was too expensive.

No it doesn't affect me, I get that. Maybe if I lived in Liverpool I would be jaded by now but the thought of being able to have a season ticket and attend 20+ games a season just seems so incredible to me that I don't know why I would be concerned about, as someone above has posted, a 10% increase over 10 years. Inflation for everything else in that 10 year period must be 30+%.

Also only Newcastle and City get to not-care about ticket income (aside from accountancy reasons). Everyone else has to nickle-and-dime their way into trying to be competitive financially so in reality this is another symptom of their blight on football but that genie is out of the bottle.

One thing I would say is, which would probably be even more controvesial, is that together with the recent announcement of safe-standing in the Kop IMO the Kop ticket prices should be capped, there should only be game-game sales for it (ie no season tickets), and preference should be give if at all possible to local, younger people. I don't mean children, I'm thinking specifically the 16-30 age group. I have this idea that a more varied group of younger people being in there together with the novelty, would massively improve the atmosphere.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2024, 03:41:08 pm »

Just asking

Poor fishing.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2024, 03:52:30 pm »
I have to be blunt here, but what's the end-game for the supporter groups fighting against this? I'm sure they would like the tickets to be even cheaper as well? Surely its a simple game of supply and demand, when's the last time we didn't sell out a game, 20+ years ago? From FSG's point of view, why would they not increase ticket prices when there is clearly more demand than supply? I'm sure there will be some people on the threshold where this increase makes it too expensive, and they should give up their tickets. I had to buy a 9 year old car recently because a 6-year old was too expensive.

No it doesn't affect me, I get that. Maybe if I lived in Liverpool I would be jaded by now but the thought of being able to have a season ticket and attend 20+ games a season just seems so incredible to me that I don't know why I would be concerned about, as someone above has posted, a 10% increase over 10 years. Inflation for everything else in that 10 year period must be 30+%.

That's probably more suited for the 'Atmosphere at Anfield' thread than this on the club statement? :) but... these may be of some interest mate; and they likely give the answers you're looking for, a little more info and background, and put it over far better than I could...

'Manchester United v Liverpool | The Friday Night With Erdinger' - from The Anfield Wrap (a good insightful talk about the LFC ticket price rises for the first 15 minutes):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TgKypdyLfmc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TgKypdyLfmc</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/TgKypdyLfmc

'Manchester United 2 Liverpool 2 | Post-Match Pint First Five' - from The Anfield Wrap (90 seconds in, for a couple of minutes):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/_M8d4Mpo2FM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/_M8d4Mpo2FM</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/_M8d4Mpo2FM

'The Ticket Price Debate | Subscriber Show 50 [WATCH FOR FREE]' - The Late Challenge Podcast; with Paul Cope & Gareth Roberts:-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/GJ6aLRaJKL8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/GJ6aLRaJKL8</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/GJ6aLRaJKL8

'Jurgen Klopp reacts to Liverpool fans' protest at ticket prices' - 2 minute video, from This Is Anfield (pre-Atalanta match):-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ui9DoKr1p9g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ui9DoKr1p9g</a>

^ or click here to watch - www.youtube.com/v/ui9DoKr1p9g

'LFC's latest ticket price rises might be "less than inflation", but the 1400% increases since 1980 weren't. And I don't accept it's worth squeezing the club's biggest asset - its Anfield support - for an extra £20k a week. What does that even get you now?' - https://twitter.com/dmlynchlfc/status/1778773961498661038

'Liverpool fans were right to protest on big European night – as FSG watched on' (article by David Lynch):-

www.thisisanfield.com/2024/04/liverpool-fans-were-right-to-protest-on-big-european-night-as-fsg-watched-on

'Top-flight football has a spending problem, not an income problem. Squeezing fans for every last penny makes little difference to a club's bottom line - matchday income is a small % of PL club revenue.' - https://twitter.com/WeAreTheFSA/status/1778740237700620733

'No to price rises: Football has a spending problem, not an income problem':-

https://thefsa.org.uk/news/no-to-price-rises-football-has-a-spending-problem-not-an-income-problem

On clubs looking to further increase still-extortionate ticket prices (posted February 2024) - https://twitter.com/FBAwayDays/status/1758043016764268868 :-

'All this talk about PL clubs desperately needing to increase ticket prices. They don't. Commercial/TV revenue enormous. They spend huge sums on transfers & wages - utterly frivolously in some cases. & they've paid agents £409.5 MILLION this season. Absurd.' - https://twitter.com/OliverKay/status/1778818068954698058

'Chelsea top Premier League for spend on agent fees for 2023-24 season' (Liverpool spent £31m!):-

https://theathletic.com/5410285/2024/04/12/premier-league-agent-fees-chelsea - or in full & free, here: https://archive.ph/H9B8e

'So the guaranteed amount gained from my seat has gone from £999 to £1130 with the extra CL Group game and the pricing from previous CL seasons taken into consideration relevant to this season's Europa prices. That is not 2%. So stop parroting 2% and have a think.' - https://twitter.com/PhilBlundell/status/1778006680640344085 (10th April)

^ www.bankofengland.co.uk/monetary-policy/inflation/inflation-calculator & www.inflationtool.com/british-pound & www.hl.co.uk/tools/calculators/inflation-calculator

There are better ways to grow revenue than the continuing exploitation of fans.

« Last Edit: April 26, 2024, 05:01:18 pm by oojason »

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2024, 04:07:38 pm »
That statement shows they are just laughing at every single one of us.

We a literally a cell in an Excel Spreadsheet.

'oh sorry. We'll maybe try to find time to increase supporter engagement sometime in the future. But in the meantime, you guys pay your extra 2% and be happy. Please like the SC Johnson YouTube video because we had Salah play James Bond. YNWA

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 13, 2024, 04:17:05 pm »
No fishing, I’m being objective.

2% equates to 80p a game for me. Over 5 years and adding the increase year on year, that’ll be about about £5-6 extra a game, in year 5? Thats circa £100 extra a season in 2029, from this seasons price.

I go back to what I say earlier- over 10 years that’s £10 a season, 50p a game.

Is that correct?

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: April 13, 2024, 04:19:10 pm »
Genuinely losing interest in this club. This doesn’t mean more. Klopp is leaving at the right time and it’s probably the right time for a lot of us to walk too.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2024, 04:26:48 pm »

2% equates to 80p a game for me. Over 5 years and adding the increase year on year, that’ll be about about £5-6 extra a game, in year 5? Thats circa £100 extra a season in 2029, from this seasons price.

Is that correct?

Its not the extra £10 though, its the fact that its a tenner on top of everything else we're expected to fork out for. They don't need an extra £1 mill, they could easily get that out of sponsors if they did though and while they are asking supporters to find more and more money, we've got a current player looking at buying a £4million house. That's the gulf between us.

Jurgen YNWA

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #22 on: April 13, 2024, 04:34:18 pm »

Is that correct?

No Chopper, sorry - that's not being objective, mate.

Genuinely losing interest in this club. This doesn’t mean more. Klopp is leaving at the right time and it’s probably the right time for a lot of us to walk too.

Not just the club for me. I've all but lost interest in the game itself. Klopp leaving at the end of the season is when I'll be jacking it in and going to watch my local non-league side (be able to take the nephews & nieces, no issues with tickets or availability, memberships, owners treating us like shite, have a drink and pie, at a decent price), and no longer having anything to do with the corrupt soulless charade that is modern footy.

You're probably right - a fair few of us will likely walk away as the end of the season (though that is likely what the club wants; to then replace them with richer fans who'll put up with the increases until wringing them out too, when there'll be even richer fans come along)...

« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 04:53:16 pm by oojason »

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #23 on: April 13, 2024, 04:34:33 pm »
Thousands more corporate hospitality seats in to further dilute an already poor atmosphere, charging fuck knows what in the process. TV and sponsorship deals never worth more and will also continue to rise. There is no need to charge more than what they were already, even if it's a minor increase for every person. Someone earlier in the thread says is the end game of the supporters group to get prices down ... it fucking should be IMO. It was with their hard work among other groups across the country to get away tickets down to 30 pound. If you wanted an away ticket to see us play Spurs or Arsenal without those protests you'd probably be paying 80 quid or something now. At least most of the people who actually go would be, anyway.

The next protest should bring loads of fan groups together to get home matches to cost the same. That'd be 570 quid for an adult season ticket and yeah it wouldn't look quite as nice on a spreadsheet but just find some official hand dryer sponsor for the toilets in the ground or something you robbing fuckers  :wanker
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2024, 04:35:43 pm »
Players, coaches, directors never seem to get a salary decrease, they could all agree to fund things like this.

Disappointing by the club, if it would bring in £20mil a season then there is some sort of argument but it’s peanuts in the gran scheme of our revenues.

Offline Macc77

• Anny Roader
« Reply #25 on: April 13, 2024, 04:45:40 pm »

Is that correct?

Using a £745 Kop ST in 23/24 as an example, 2% per year to 2028/29 would take it to £822.54

£39.21 per game to £43.29 per game.

I would argue that factoring in the previous price freeze and equating it over 10 years only really makes sense if you ignore what the club actually wanted to do before 10,000 people walked out against Sunderland, and if you think the current price is reasonable. Asking working class people in Liverpool to pay £40 a pop to watch a game of footie is already too high. I said on another thread, clubs should be reducing prices not increasing them, because gate receipts are becoming less important as a percentage of income, and given the extra hospitality seats the club now has via the Upper Anny, the general price rising for everyone else should be the lowest of priorities.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: April 13, 2024, 04:56:08 pm »

Also only Newcastle and City get to not-care about ticket income (aside from accountancy reasons). Everyone else has to nickle-and-dime their way into trying to be competitive financially so in reality this is another symptom of their blight on football but that genie is out of the bottle.

One thing I would say is, which would probably be even more controvesial, is that together with the recent announcement of safe-standing in the Kop IMO the Kop ticket prices should be capped, there should only be game-game sales for it (ie no season tickets), and preference should be give if at all possible to local, younger people. I don't mean children, I'm thinking specifically the 16-30 age group. I have this idea that a more varied group of younger people being in there together with the novelty, would massively improve the atmosphere.

I listened to the podcast posted a week or so ago, if memory serves, the ticket revenue is a small part of over all revenuer, so you could argue it doesn't really matter to FSG either. 
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: April 13, 2024, 04:59:33 pm »
To be honest Chops does have a point up to a point.

Online oojason

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #28 on: April 13, 2024, 05:12:30 pm »
From the official Liverpool FC Supporters Board twitter - https://twitter.com/_lfcsb

'Today representatives from LFC and the Supporters Board met to discuss engagement processes and the recent two percent ticket price rise announced for general admission and match day tickets. LFC confirmed that its decision on the two percent rise will not be reversed. (1/3)' - https://twitter.com/_lfcsb/status/1779140078192791896

LFC has agreed to review and improve its engagement approach in collaboration with the Supporters’ Board as it was acknowledged by both parties that more meaningful engagement over ticket prices is required. (2/3) - https://twitter.com/_lfcsb/status/1779140128784437577

Membership prices were on the agenda for discussion during the meeting.   LFC had proposed a small rise for next season but both parties have agreed to pause on this until more meaningful engagement can take place between LFC and the Supporters Board. (3/3)' - https://twitter.com/_lfcsb/status/1779140155703509486

Spirit Of Shankly replied - https://twitter.com/spiritofshankly/status/1779143107096825969

'We remain opposed to any increases in ticket prices. This was made abundantly clear to LFC representatives in the room via a frank exchange in the meeting earlier today. A full statement will follow.'

In reply to LFC's earlier statement, Spion Kop 1906 posted - https://twitter.com/SpionKop1906/status/1779143286952759718

'Spion Kop 1906 have always, and will always be against ticket price increases. This stance was reaffirmed in the meeting with LFC today. We are still angry, frustrated and disappointed in this decision.'

« Last Edit: April 13, 2024, 05:20:12 pm by oojason »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2024, 05:15:07 pm »

Aye.

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #30 on: April 13, 2024, 05:19:12 pm »

Is that correct?

No because if the fan groups hadn't organised a protest in 2016 then the following season there would have been £1000 season tickets. If the club were allowed to increase prices then we would be looking at £1300 or £1400 season ticket prices by now.

Prices should be coming down now not going up. Record commercial revenues should be used to ease the burden on fans during a cost of living crisis. Last season we paid £31.5m to agents and intermediaries. Hiking GA prices by 2% would bring in less than a £1m a season. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline bornandbRED

• ... an ESL super fan. aka physioSTALKER
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2024, 05:19:42 pm »
The elephant in the room is that it’s a fairly negligible amount in the grand scheme of things. Especially when you consider that prices have been frozen for a while. Matchday costs (of running the ground) are likely to have gone up in many multiples more than this.

The sheer demand for tickets (especially season tickets) is unbelievable - so there will be many who will happily pay the extra 2% if they’re given the chance.

Sounds harsh - but the club is a business. This shouldn’t come as a surprise.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2024, 05:22:56 pm »
Why not bring in a few more extra sponsors? Our commerical revenues is the one good thing that has been improved on a massive scale since FSG took over.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2024, 05:26:22 pm »
The elephant in the room is that it’s a fairly negligible amount in the grand scheme of things.

Great, then they don't need to do it for such a meaningless amount.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2024, 05:26:27 pm »
“This means more”. What good is that £1m (is it even that?) going to do? There are multiple other avenues FSG could be taking instead of fleecing the fans.

Online Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2024, 05:27:09 pm »
The elephant in the room is that it’s a fairly negligible amount in the grand scheme of things. Especially when you consider that prices have been frozen for a while. Matchday costs (of running the ground) are likely to have gone up in many multiples more than this.

The sheer demand for tickets (especially season tickets) is unbelievable - so there will be many who will happily pay the extra 2% if they’re given the chance.

Sounds harsh - but the club is a business. This shouldn’t come as a surprise.

I agree completely.

If the last home game of the season is a title decider then I think what the club should do is a Booking.com. Cancel all the tickets issue refunds at face value. Then sell the tickets off at £500 a pop. Sounds harsh- but the club is a business. This shouldn't come as a surprise.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Online HeartAndSoul

• OneWillBurn
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RedOrDead
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2024, 05:28:00 pm »
Greedy bastards at it yet again. Expect the divide between club and fans to grow yet again once klopp leaves. He was always the glue between the 2.

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2024, 05:33:57 pm »
Its not the extra £10 though, its the fact that its a tenner on top of everything else we're expected to fork out for. They don't need an extra £1 mill, they could easily get that out of sponsors if they did though and while they are asking supporters to find more and more money, we've got a current player looking at buying a £4million house. That's the gulf between us.

I understand what you are saying and I'm not defending the club, I'm trying to show some form of balance, I could just shout corruption! ;D

Lets be honest, what they pay players, left being relative to the working man 30-40 years ago, nothing is new in what they get paid, can afford and their total disconnection with the working fan, however, as we know - it isn't a working class game no more.

Anfield is a tourist centre in large swathes and socusers who have let ST's go in the 80's and 90's have either lost their place, or, are now touting them out (waits for SOS to sort that little beauty out, and possibly with der mates!).
Yes its my club and yes it feels wrong considering the money in the game, however, its a business and whilst some may think they are right with corporate America in the customer is always right, they need to understand the more commonly known phrase in business in the states, is called 'sweating the asset' this is what we are seeing. For me, not a massive sweat, but a sweat none the less.

I'd loved to see a reduction in prices, we all would, though I do take comfort in that, for a club our size in the premier league, we are reasonably priced, nothing better mind, but reasonable.

Offline darragh85

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2024, 05:35:59 pm »
They can piss off. All they seem to do is throw obstacles in klopps way. Could they not have waited until summer to announce this?

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2024, 05:37:06 pm »
Greedy bastards at it yet again. Expect the divide between club and fans to grow yet again once klopp leaves. He was always the glue between the 2.
This 100%. Wont be long into the season until 'fsg out' is trending. Unless the new manager pulls an alonso sort of season