Author Topic: FT: LFC 1-2 MUFC  (Read 206092 times)

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
Re: FT: LFC 1-2 MUFC
« Reply #2040 on: March 23, 2015, 05:54:32 pm »
top 4 is still largely possible even if we don't get 3 points at Arsenal.

It won't be.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #2041 on: March 23, 2015, 05:56:52 pm »
Create done chance in the first half, scored. We create one (Lallana) missed. Drew 1-1 with 10 men 2nd half

Their winning goal a wonderstrike.

Having said that its now about results. Gerrard stays on we get a point at least

If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2042 on: March 23, 2015, 06:00:36 pm »
Hyperbole can work both ways.

Then why the fuck doesn't Rodgers play him at wing back?
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2043 on: March 23, 2015, 06:03:27 pm »
Hyperbole can work both ways.
That is the most false statement in the history of the world
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline faisfais

• Kopite
« Reply #2044 on: March 23, 2015, 06:04:27 pm »
Don't know if someone already mentioned it, but thank goodness for the international break (never imagined I would be saying that)! Should check the momentum for Man United and Arsenal. Sunday felt like our players were looking to coast through the international break and come back fresh in two weeks. Been looking listless in the last 3-4 fixtures.

From one of the biggest Rafa fan on RAWK, In Rodgers I trust! :)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2045 on: March 23, 2015, 06:08:21 pm »
We seem to go on the most unbelievable runs and then when the absolute crunch comes we seem to be like deer in headlights. Maybe the age of the squad has a lot to do with it. Fearless when the pressure is off but when it really counts they freeze. How we deal with it in future will get better with experience.
I respectfully disagree a bit with you on this one spider-neil. The club's been in some big matches throughout this stretch, otherwise we wouldn't have gotten into position to potentially pass United. Think of the City game, or Spurs, or Southampton. Our young crew did enough in those matches. We just ran into a smart manager who had his own team playing well, and we had an off day plus a moment of frustration from our captain. I'm disappointed, as this makes top 4 look less likely.

But I do agree with your last point -- I believe Rodgers is a bright manager who will learn from this match.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #2046 on: March 23, 2015, 06:09:03 pm »
Maybe I am, but if you think we'll get top quality, then I feel you are badly mistaken

DM been needed for two seasons minimum - not addressed
Support for Sturridge not adressed

The only way you attract top quality is with CL or Cash, neither we have
The mythical "DM" / destroyer CM who we've desperately needed now for 3 seasons under Rodgers... Haven't people clocked onto the fact that this type of player isn't in Rodgers' thinking at all? Even Lucas (our only "DM" was used more as a CM in the diamond last season more than as a DM... It's not going to happen.

However, we do need a quick, crafty, skillful CM though - my point is just that the incoming midfielder certainly won't be the uber defensive rock people frequently cry out for here.

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #2047 on: March 23, 2015, 06:11:48 pm »
I thought Gerrard was horrible when pressed

Horrible?

Not in his prime.

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2048 on: March 23, 2015, 06:17:30 pm »
Fuck the FA.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2049 on: March 23, 2015, 06:26:35 pm »
Don't always agree with you Fordy but I was screaming for a change after 25 minutes, we we're being run ragged.

We changed to a midfield diamond in the first half

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2050 on: March 23, 2015, 06:42:01 pm »
Fuck the FA.

Was always gonna happen. Not because it was deserved but because it's the FA.
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline CRAZY HORSE EMLYN

• Lives for twats
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2051 on: March 23, 2015, 06:57:16 pm »
what else are we gonna do but be philosophical and fight on. That was fucking brutal yesterday, and it looks like Lallana and Studge may have picked up injuries as well as Skrtel possibly getting banned along with Gerrard. Big body blows. Not insurmountable though. We have a huge run in now, there's plenty left to play for. United's run in looks a fuck load worse than ours – as well as City, Chelsea and Arsenal, their trip to Villa could be a banana skin. I hate praying for them to lose but there's lots to play for… Arsenal could still screw up too. We need to pick our bottom lips up quickly and get on with it, and grab the FA Cup whilst we're at it. Beat Arsenal and we're right back in this for a start.

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2052 on: March 23, 2015, 07:02:50 pm »

It was completely deserved.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2053 on: March 23, 2015, 07:03:51 pm »
It was deserved, the problem is the complete lack of consistency.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #2054 on: March 23, 2015, 07:04:14 pm »
Must be sarcasm, if not, then a complete unwillingness to face reality.

Offline Aggers-Elbow

• Kopite
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #2055 on: March 23, 2015, 07:08:54 pm »
It was deserved, the problem is the complete lack of consistency.

Did Costa get a 3 game ban after pretty much the same thing on Skrtel in the semi?
They all laugh at us, They all mock at us, They all say our days our numbered.

@Danny_Timmis89

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #2056 on: March 23, 2015, 07:09:49 pm »
Did Costa get a 3 game ban after pretty much the same thing on Skrtel in the semi?
the incidents were reviewed by two different panels. league vs cup.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2057 on: March 23, 2015, 07:18:29 pm »
Hence the word 'consistency'.  Skrtel will likely pick up a three game ban, Costa should of received something similar.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2058 on: March 23, 2015, 07:19:20 pm »
what else are we gonna do but be philosophical and fight on. That was fucking brutal yesterday, and it looks like Lallana and Studge may have picked up injuries as well as Skrtel possibly getting banned along with Gerrard. Big body blows. Not insurmountable though. We have a huge run in now, there's plenty left to play for. United's run in looks a fuck load worse than ours – as well as City, Chelsea and Arsenal, their trip to Villa could be a banana skin. I hate praying for them to lose but there's lots to play for… Arsenal could still screw up too. We need to pick our bottom lips up quickly and get on with it, and grab the FA Cup whilst we're at it. Beat Arsenal and we're right back in this for a start.

Problem is with GD we essentially need to get 6 more points than Utd from 8 games and 7 more than Arsenal. that is close to a point a game more than 2 in form teams.
That's a huge ask. Look at the fixtures remaining it is hard, keeping impartiality, to work out how that happens sans a big fuck up by one of them, even if we show great form.
I certainly haven't given up hope, but right now the odds are very much on Arsenal and Utd both finishing top 4.

@dgljones

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2059 on: March 23, 2015, 07:22:06 pm »
And the great thing is ... few people see anything wrong with it.

Herrera also gets away with a diabolical tackle as well ( because the ref saw it and only gave a yellow card ) and, according to the rules, De Gea should also be missing the next 3 games for his reaction to the 'stamp' but, funnily enough, no one has mentioned it at all

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #2060 on: March 23, 2015, 07:23:23 pm »
Can't argue against Skrtel getting a suspension. Easy decision really after a daft stamp. The problem I hve is that Rooney's kick on Mig was just as bad - if not worse due to the higher risk of serious injury from twisting an ankle hen landing on the landing foot. It happens often in basketball, where malicious players stand under a jumping player and make him land awkwardly. Rooney knew exactly what he was doing, and reacted exactly immediately as he was probably thinking the ref had seen it...

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2061 on: March 23, 2015, 07:25:43 pm »
If i'm Skrtel, i'd go to the FA and say yes I did stamp on De Gea only because Wayne Rooney kicked out and studded our goal keeper and could have broke his ankle so I was paying them back.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #2062 on: March 23, 2015, 07:27:57 pm »
As expected FA doing nothing to precious Spanish midgets like Herrera and De Gea when both should get 3 game bans.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #2063 on: March 23, 2015, 07:28:04 pm »
And the great thing is ... few people see anything wrong with it.

Herrera also gets away with a diabolical tackle as well ( because the ref saw it and only gave a yellow card ) and, according to the rules, De Gea should also be missing the next 3 games for his reaction to the 'stamp' but, funnily enough, no one has mentioned it at all
Well that's to be expected at this stage.

The refereeing was atrocious & we never get favourable decisions made before us. My point though, is that Costa & Skrtels stamps were not judged by the same committee, so it's not quite like for like.

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #2064 on: March 23, 2015, 07:28:28 pm »
If i'm Skrtel, i'd go to the FA and say yes I did stamp on De Gea only because Wayne Rooney kicked out and studded our goal keeper and could have broke his ankle so I was paying them back.
because that will work.

Offline Red Sea

• ...has (de)parted.
  • Legacy Fan
  • BR is the hero we need, not the hero we deserve.
« Reply #2065 on: March 23, 2015, 07:28:42 pm »
Well, thank fuck you don't have any affiliation to Skrtel or the club.

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #2066 on: March 23, 2015, 07:29:07 pm »
FA will ban Mignolet instead

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2067 on: March 23, 2015, 07:29:43 pm »
FA will ban Mignolet instead

Hurt Rooney's foot didn't he? Specially with the international break coming up. Criminal.

Offline SwordInYourGut

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2068 on: March 23, 2015, 07:34:14 pm »
What Skrtel did was unforgivable, deserves his ban. Costa should've got 3 more matches but that doesn't change what Skrtel did. Lets move on, we are not Plastic FC who see conspiracies everywhere. On the day, the better team outplayed us.

Offline jhatch

• Main Stander
  • White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.
« Reply #2069 on: March 23, 2015, 07:34:31 pm »
No getting away from how poor we were first half. Absolutley dreadful. Never got going. Hate to say this but I think the sheer amount of games is catching up. The lads looked tired. No excuses for Stevie, totally unacceptable. Can't believe the amount of shit Rodgers is getting. We've been on a great run to even be in this position. Plenty of football left to be played. It will be tough for sure but it's not over just yet. Bloody hope Ibe is back for the Arsenal game. He seems to be the only player who can do a decent job at wing back. Keep the faith lads!

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2070 on: March 23, 2015, 07:35:10 pm »
Hurt Rooney's foot didn't he? Specially with the international break coming up. Criminal.
The problem is ... that is probably not that far from the truth.

The FA exists solely for the benefit of the national and Hodgson is not supposed to pick players serving domestic bans so ....

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #2071 on: March 23, 2015, 07:35:40 pm »
Yes. Mignolet is lucky to get away with murder there.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2072 on: March 23, 2015, 07:39:12 pm »
Some of the criticism of Henderson on here is ridiculous,  don't think Ferguson could have done any better.
Let's just forget his part in our good run, and he has double the goals and assists of coutinho yet not playing as a number 10. Let's also forget how much he's improved. It was a bad day at the office for everybody apart from Sahko. Let's move on.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #2073 on: March 23, 2015, 07:39:58 pm »
Both panels carefully review the rules before passing judgement

Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #2074 on: March 23, 2015, 07:42:29 pm »
because that will work.

No it won't.

But it might have them review Rooneys kickout. And put them on notice we won't let Man utd get away with things.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2075 on: March 23, 2015, 07:44:16 pm »
No it won't.

But it might have them review Rooneys kickout. And put them on notice we won't let Man utd get away with things.

The FA will though. So case dismissed.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2076 on: March 23, 2015, 07:44:36 pm »
Some of the criticism of Henderson on here is ridiculous,  don't think Ferguson could have done any better.
Let's just forget his part in our good run, and he has double the goals and assists of coutinho yet not playing as a number 10. Let's also forget how much he's improved. It was a bad day at the office for everybody apart from Sahko. Let's move on.

There are a group of posters who don't rate Henderson (which is fair enough he has had plenty of praise as well) but that bleeds over into posting in every thread and statements that he is a terrible captain, he doesn't try, he hides, he won't be a 1st team regular next season, he is going to be sold, he is greedy etc etc where it becomes an agenda.
He isn't the first player it has happened to and he won't be the last.

@dgljones

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #2077 on: March 23, 2015, 07:45:10 pm »
Well done, 4pool! ;) ;D
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline Black Bull Nova

• emo
  • Legacy Fan
  • The cheesy side of town
« Reply #2078 on: March 23, 2015, 07:46:40 pm »
Skrtels was like Costa's second so some FA inconsistency there. I said at the time that you could understand why that second offence could be regarded as accidental as the main evidence against Costa was that he was 'that sort of player'. Costa did two stamps, more or less identical to yesterday's and got a three match ban. We got a player sent off and probably 6 games lost also. Where is the Chelsea conspiracy in that one Jose?
aarf, aarf, aarf.

Offline lgvkarlos

• Finnished with his shit punnery now.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2079 on: March 23, 2015, 07:53:39 pm »
There are a group of posters who don't rate Henderson (which is fair enough he has had plenty of praise as well) but that bleeds over into posting in every thread and statements that he is a terrible captain, he doesn't try, he hides, he won't be a 1st team regular next season, he is going to be sold, he is greedy etc etc where it becomes an agenda.
He isn't the first player it has happened to and he won't be the last.
Your right I know but still sad.