Author Topic: FT: LFC 1-2 MUFC  (Read 206088 times)

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: FT: LFC 1-2 MUFC
« Reply #1800 on: March 23, 2015, 10:08:14 am »
Liverpool should never let Luisito go...
For fuck sake ...
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1801 on: March 23, 2015, 10:10:11 am »
What is the latest word on Skrtel? I will be fuming if he is banned.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1802 on: March 23, 2015, 10:10:52 am »

However bad/lucky we all think United are they have done well against the top teams, whilst we have been poor.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1803 on: March 23, 2015, 10:10:55 am »
Superstition. Whatever. We lost the first half because Manu wanted it more, it's as simple as that.

Biggest game of the season.
Chance to avenge the 3-0 away defeat.
Chance to get into the top 4 for the first time after literally months of hard slog.
Chance to give Manu a massive psychological body blew.

Our lethargy in the first half was fucking unforgivable and utterly baffling given what was at stake.
Liverpool - Deer in headlights. 

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1804 on: March 23, 2015, 10:12:11 am »
I heard something about Hodgopodge possibly giving the lads a break from international duty? Anyone heard anything about that?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #1805 on: March 23, 2015, 10:12:20 am »
There is no papering over it. This game was absolutely massive. In it's own way just as important as the Chelsea home game last season and we blew it. Manu throw a shit load of money at their problems to get back into the CL and being back in the CL they will throw a shit load of money at the problem again and kick on. We fucked up badly and the long term implications of that fuck up is almost too frightening to think about. It blows my mind that for such defining game we weren't up for it in the first half.

That's the core of the problem next season for me if United get back into the top 4, they will spend a truckload of money this summer again and find it a lot easier to attract top players with the draw of the CL.

Top 4 isn't quite gone for us yet but its looking pretty unlikely at the moment, Arsenal and United are grinding out results consistently at the moment.

Yesterday was a massive game for us and we didn't remotely do ourselves justice for it, which is hugely disappointing.

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1806 on: March 23, 2015, 10:12:34 am »
We knew how they would play but we where not prepared for it , we had a week to prepare so we have no excuse. Should have been Lucas  for lallana and push Henderson up to press higher and cut out them hoofing  from the back without  pressure. Lucas could have also helped  out at left back ,  the lad was caught bad a few times by mata and it was a game plan they got away it Scott free .Ref was a c*nt but that wasn't  the reason we lost .We didn't  prepare for that game properly. Gerrard is writing his on script for his last season, what a stupid thing to do.We made them look better than what they arrive and that is the sickening part . We could really have put down a marker for top four but now the hard work since Christmas could end up being wasted.Good point was Sakho was pure class yesterday, top class midfielder  should be a priority  in the summer
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:37:20 am by lukeb1981 »

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #1807 on: March 23, 2015, 10:13:07 am »
We fucked up badly and the long term implications of that fuck up is almost too frightening to think about.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1808 on: March 23, 2015, 10:13:37 am »
Superstition. Whatever. We lost the first half because Manu wanted it more, it's as simple as that.

Biggest game of the season.
Chance to avenge the 3-0 away defeat.
Chance to get into the top 4 for the first time after literally months of hard slog.
Chance to give Manu a massive psychological body blew.

Our lethargy in the first half was fucking unforgivable and utterly baffling given what was at stake.
Liverpool - Deer in headlights. 

Yesterday was bad but quite obviously the form up to the middle of December is the reason why we are where we are. We have done amazing to get back into it and no one is perfect, this kind of result can happen and if we were honest, was due.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1809 on: March 23, 2015, 10:14:19 am »

However bad/lucky we all think United are they have done well against the top teams, whilst we have been poor.
We have to beat Arsenal and Chelsea. And then see where that gets us at the end of the season.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline nick_8589

• Kopite
« Reply #1810 on: March 23, 2015, 10:17:14 am »
Yeah but that was probably said after the Crystal Palace game last season, I can't help but feel we have cocked it up big time again. Its so fucking annoying. Last season the league is ours to win yet we blow it in spectacular fashion at Palace then the chance yesterday to get in the top 4 for the first time this season, push our biggest rivals out of it and yet we go out and play like an absolutely bewildered pub team and then the most experienced player of all comes on and lasts less than a minute. Its unbelievable and it doesn't sting any less this morning.  :no

It's a young team, this sort of stuff happens, but it's these experiences that can make a player, most of the team yesterday bar one or two were 25 and under, I know it was a shit performance but we're still building, think of how good coutinho, can, Moreno, sterling, ibe, markovic etc could be, even if it's all over this year we will be back, IMO were in a real good position just because we could sign no one this summer and still you would see an improvement.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1811 on: March 23, 2015, 10:20:26 am »
Sturridge needs players in and around him. I think he is badly struggling as the lone striker and it isn't a given that a fully fit Sturridge fares any better with a lack of support. Sterling at wing back just kills his productivity dead. And as TAW said, there is no point having Lallana up front if all the play is going through Coutinho.

I think I agree a lot. I think Sterling is the perfect guy to almost bridge the gap between attacking midfield and striker. We know he can do a very good job in both roles, and he's be better at making those runs beyond Danny.

Hopefully with Ibe coming back after the international break, we'll see him back in the role again.

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #1812 on: March 23, 2015, 10:20:51 am »
We have to beat Arsenal and Chelsea. And then see where that gets us at the end of the season.

Chelsea is certainly a winnable game given they should have the title locked down by then, its the Arsenal match that concerns me given our recent form there and they way their recent form has been going.

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #1813 on: March 23, 2015, 10:21:38 am »
It's not over yet 5pt gap and 8 games, we've made it harder for ourselves but we're liverpool we always do things the hard way.

Not being pedantic but considering the GD of each team then it's more like a 6 point gap.

Room for error on our part is now minimal. Given we have Arsenal and Chelsea away in those last 8 games we are going to need a monumental effort to overhaul Arsenal or United now.

Yesterday's game felt like the Chelsea game last season. I think our biggest failing was getting tactically outmanoeuvred in the 1st half. It was compounded by a few individual mistakes as well (Lallana miss, Gerrard red card).

I don't think it's time to throw the 3-4-3 system out the window but it's worrying that the last 2 games we've seen 2 teams counter the system quite effectively. Every other team in the league will have seen that and will use it as a blueprint for remaining games.

Yesterday day United weren't afraid to press us high up the pitch and in essence play a very high line against us. I think that is mainly due to our lack of out and out pace in our front. There was also a lack of willingness of those front 3 to want to play on the shoulder or run in behind their defence.

Would love to have seen what they would have done if Sterling had played as one of the front 3. It seems strange to say about a player who has only played about 5 games for us, but the Ibe injury has been crucial. It's been compounded with Markovic's poor form over the last month. Losing Ibe has been crucial since we've lost a potent attacking outlet at RWB and in turn had to remove Sterling from the front 3. Sterling's pace is frightening and makes team think. Teams change their systems to try and counter that type of threat. Taking him out of the front 3 has changed the dynamic of our attack considerably. Getting Sterling back in that front 3 is the key for me. Hopefully Ibe will be fit for the Arsenal game.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1814 on: March 23, 2015, 10:22:18 am »
Liverpool may as well treat the Arsenal game like a cup final. Manu are a shoe in to get 3 points against a piss poor Villa side. And frankly I'd rather we missed out on Europa if we don't manage a top 4 place. Thursdays and Sundays is just sit for preparations, plus you like a million games before the knock out rounds.

Offline AnfieldCat

• All Hail the Sworn Enemy of WoodisonDog!
  • Kopite
« Reply #1815 on: March 23, 2015, 10:23:32 am »
It's a young team, this sort of stuff happens, but it's these experiences that can make a player, most of the team yesterday bar one or two were 25 and under, I know it was a shit performance but we're still building, think of how good coutinho, can, Moreno, sterling, ibe, markovic etc could be, even if it's all over this year we will be back, IMO were in a real good position just because we could sign no one this summer and still you would see an improvement.

I have plenty of faith in the youngsters, you won't catch me slaughtering them ever (apart from maybe Sterling with his demands) but yesterday will take a long time for me to get over because it was against them. Aargh!

I need to work on my optimism.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1816 on: March 23, 2015, 10:25:14 am »
Chelsea is certainly a winnable game given they should have the title locked down by then, its the Arsenal match that concerns me given our recent form there and they way their recent form has been going.
Yesterday was as big as the Chelsea game last year
We had 4 th place in our hands and I felt we couldn't handle the pressure
Utd outplayed us and to be fair Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal had his tactics spot on.
For me it's about winning the cup now

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1817 on: March 23, 2015, 10:26:07 am »
It is about winning the cup but we cannot go out with a whimper, we need to play well in the league to gain momentum for next season.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1818 on: March 23, 2015, 10:26:18 am »
Ibe coming back is massive and Markovic should be brought in from the cold. Lallana should be an option from the bench. Moreno also might need time out of the team to get his mind right. He (Moreno) is doing little in an attacking or defensive sense.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #1819 on: March 23, 2015, 10:26:20 am »
It's easy to say this in hindsight, but would You have been gutted if United bought Lallana last summer instead of us? I sure as hell would have been, as he was the single-most enjoyable player to watch last season who wasn't playing for us. In today's money £25m is what he costs, whether you like it or not.

Lovren hasn't live up to the hype, but neither did Sakho in his first season. I question how over-eager BR was to hail Lovren as a leader and essentially the saviour of our back-4 as it must have put enormous pressure on Lovren when the team as a whole was playing shite. Give it time.

Lambert was never anything more than a squad option. For £4m it was great business regardless of how he ended up playing, and the club can easily recoup most of that in the summer.

Hard to argue over Balotelli though. That goal vs Spurs might come to make his price tag worth it though 😉
I'm confident that Lalanna can come good, he's just not suited to our system right now. He seems aimless in posession, as he turns defenders inside out, so much that not only are they confused where he is going, but so is he. I wonder though, is this because he makes quick moves to throw off a defender and then there is no pass in front of him or no one in the box, so he turns around and repeats it in the hope that there will be someone there after his next 360?

Did he do this at Southampton? or did he use his skills more wisely? He has the talent & the brains, I'm sure of it. It's just not clicking yet.

Offline GregCharrua

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1820 on: March 23, 2015, 10:30:37 am »
Utd had a simple and good game plan, that didn't require them to be at their best.

1. Press high and disrupt our build up (which we never exploited, especially as they doubled up on the wings and left huge space elsewhere we never took advantage of).

2. Get wide in attack and exploit the space behind the wing backs. Queue first goal: good passing stretching the play, find mata who is running in and makes a great finish.

3. Use long balls to fellaini to immediately establish themselves in the attacking third and put us under pressure. But that strategy did not lead to any of their goals, it just seemed to disrupt our play.

We also shot ourselves in the foot, again being much too slow and in several instances on different wave lengths.

I also thought it interesting that everyone was laying into Blind before the match but at LB, he gave them huge width and could quickly change play or ping the ball deep and pretty accurate, or play it calmly back into circulation. He got caught out a few times by clever runs but still. Utd made that pitch fucking huge for us, I thought, and exposed those gaps behind the WBs by moving the ball all over quickly, by the time we're arriving to pressure its already on the other wing. See Mata's first goal, again.

They attacked our weakness and did a good job of it for 30 minutes and a good enough job of it the rest of the match. We failed to exploit their weaknesses (by being slow as all hell in possession and pressuring but not pressing hard to cause errors on that error prone back line).

Seems like we should have switched to a 3412 or even a 41212 diamond after the first went in, and attacked their weaknesses and nullified their game plan. But I don't know shit about it, really. :)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2015, 10:33:02 am by GregCharrua »

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1821 on: March 23, 2015, 10:31:12 am »
While the likes of Sturridge & even Balllotelli combined does not even match the pressure that a Suarez puts on the backline with his running / effort I still cannot believe how often we left Daniel so bloody isolated. That first half was embarrassing in parts as here was a game we should be wanting to win and when we attacked we did it in dribs & drabs. We sometimes had 3 or 4 Liverpool players in their half trying to play through 7 or 8 players. Our wingbacks were caught in no mans land, midfield were chasing shadows and Sturridge & Coutinho were all getting double teamed. I don't know what it takes to gee up the team to get into the fight as yesterday they played scared.

It was great to see the fight back once SG was sent off - silly lad - but at that point it allowed us to breathe. The pressure was off, no one expected us to win so hey ho why not have a go. Too little too late unfortunately and it does put a question mark over our mental game. Like in golf, the putts are easy on a Thursday but when they need to be made on a Sunday to get you over the winning line is when you see the character within. Right now its questionable which is such a pity as we have the ingredients to be right there. Too many players and even Brendan have yet to walk the walk but to do that you have to suffer the losses too so we can only come out of this stronger. Take whatever positives we have out of the game as we were as good as Utd with just 10 men ....just need to show our true worth from minute 1 against Arsenal as what do we have to lose?
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1822 on: March 23, 2015, 10:32:50 am »
I'm confident that Lalanna can come good, he's just not suited to our system right now. He seems aimless in posession, as he turns defenders inside out, so much that not only are they confused where he is going, but so is he. I wonder though, is this because he makes quick moves to throw off a defender and then there is no pass in front of him or no one in the box, so he turns around and repeats it in the hope that there will be someone there after his next 360?

Did he do this at Southampton? or did he use his skills more wisely? He has the talent & the brains, I'm sure of it. It's just not clicking yet.

The pass is often there for Lallana and he refuses to take the simple option. Turns a players and then turns back into trouble, infuriating.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1823 on: March 23, 2015, 10:35:33 am »
Also there is a lack of in game intelligence. Like TAW (always spot on those guys) they needed to take 10 minutes of just simple passes regardless of whether it led to another attack but in our panic we were just giving it straight back to Manu allowing them to build up momentum.

Offline moloch

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1824 on: March 23, 2015, 10:37:24 am »

That's basically us last season.

Online swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1825 on: March 23, 2015, 10:37:55 am »

I don't see us winning either. Our record at the Emirates is poor, and Chelsea away is always painful too.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1826 on: March 23, 2015, 10:38:38 am »
]When teams pen our wingbacks in our own half, it means when we do get the ball, Lallana and Coutinho have very few attacking options. The formation works well when we have the bulk of the possession or when we are content to play on the break, something United managed to negate well yesterday. They knew Coutinho was our main attacking catalyst and just doubled up on him, leaving Sturridge isolated. Think the battle was lost in CM yesterday, they completely dictated play and we were left chasing shadows. Mata played between the lines and no one knew how to pick him up. The wingbacks ended up in a position where they were not contributing to our attacks or defence. We missed Lucas, our relative dip in form since going three at the back started with his injury.

Offline Twelfth Man

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1827 on: March 23, 2015, 10:39:17 am »
I don't see us winning either. Our record at the Emirates is poor, and Chelsea away is always painful too.
Chelsea is at home. We need to change our Emirates form.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1828 on: March 23, 2015, 10:39:41 am »
20 points in the last 8 games probably will be not enough.
I'm afraid we have to win it all.

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1829 on: March 23, 2015, 10:40:09 am »

It's away.

Online spider-neil

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1830 on: March 23, 2015, 10:40:14 am »

Nope, the Chelsea game is away.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #1831 on: March 23, 2015, 10:40:37 am »
Rodgers said himself that was probably the only tackle we made. Obviously we made tackles but not in the middle so what Gerrard tried to do was correct. We had tactical issues for sure but anyone claiming that was it is wrong in my opinion. We were too nice all the way through and Gerrard try to instill a bit of that before the red mist descended.

Problem is that a lot of our players are too nice. We need to be far more nasty. Gerrard has it, Suarez had it. Who has it in our side now? Sturridge has an edge to him. Skrtel and Lucas probably. Thats it.
I agree with that, Gerrard brought the grit and dog like attitude we needed, he just brought a little bit too much of it!

Offline itsgunnabebarnes!

• Neghead. hard and gagging. Will never be Barnes
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1832 on: March 23, 2015, 10:41:06 am »
]When teams pen our wingbacks in our own half, it means when we do get the ball, Lallana and Coutinho have very few attacking options. The formation works well when we have the bulk of the possession or when we are content to play on the break, something United managed to negate well yesterday. They knew Coutinho was our main attacking catalyst and just doubled up on him, leaving Sturridge isolated. Think the battle was lost in CM yesterday, they completely dictated play and we were left chasing shadows. Mata played between the lines and no one knew how to pick him up. The wingbacks ended up in a position where they were not contributing to our attacks or defence. We missed Lucas, our relative dip in form since going three at the back started with his injury.

Couldn't agree more.

Can't see us beating arsenal and Chelsea we ain't got the minerals to go there and win
'Tramps like us, baby we were born to run!'

Offline Gonebay

• Horny for Dudek
  • Kopite
« Reply #1833 on: March 23, 2015, 10:42:26 am »

We will smash those blue plastic wankers I am sure. Arsenal I don't know.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1834 on: March 23, 2015, 10:45:09 am »
Couldn't agree more.

Can't see us beating arsenal and Chelsea we ain't got the minerals to go there and win

Not like you to be pessimistic mate, chin up.

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1835 on: March 23, 2015, 10:46:22 am »
Couldn't agree more.

:boring

Offline walshys_mullet

• Aka walshys_mullet. Thinks manager is a coward. Only posts in match threads every other week due to rotation. We suspect this is John Aldridge or Andy Gray posting under a pseudonym.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1836 on: March 23, 2015, 10:46:28 am »
I think fourths gone now. Thats really knocked my confidence yesterday, i just didnt expect us to not turn up.

We seem to have a habit of doing that when the stakes are high. When we arnt expected to do anything that when we come out and prove people wrong. i've never known us to be so odds on to beat these, and we failed dismally.

If we dont get fourth we have to say that this season has been a bit of a disaster so i hope for all our sakes we turn up at Arsenal and show a willingness to put things right.
"If you're in the penalty area and don't know what to do with the ball, put it in the net and we'll discuss the options later."

The Great 'Should have been Sir' Bob Paisley

Offline conman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #1837 on: March 23, 2015, 10:47:18 am »

Well, they beat us twice, so UTD only got 4 points from the other 3 games so far.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1838 on: March 23, 2015, 10:47:42 am »
i've never known us to be so odds on to beat these, and we failed dismally.

Last season?

Offline Jinxsy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • Ich bin ein Berliever
« Reply #1839 on: March 23, 2015, 10:48:11 am »
Morning Walshy mate,

I can't PM yet, so apologies for the direct approach.
We've got a big sales conference coming up and we need a motivational speaker to get the team pumped up etc.
Could you be free for that?