Author Topic: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'  (Read 109665 times)

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
Re: CL QF: Liverpool 3 vs Man City 0 - Mo 12' Ox 20' Mane 31'
« Reply #920 on: April 5, 2018, 08:36:13 am »
And if we score one they need five

All I kept saying my mate after all he game. It’s hard to imagine us NOT scoring, regardless of what City do. Salah being fit would be a big help with that, mind.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #921 on: April 5, 2018, 08:37:27 am »
It's definitely not over. We need a goal at their place. They can easily beat us 3-0 like we beat them last night.
Nothing to be ashamed about that. They spent about £1bn to have that privilege.

It's a fantastic result but I'm not even thinking of semi final just yet. Full focus on the Ev. They will want to injure as many players as they can.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #922 on: April 5, 2018, 08:37:31 am »
Read Jesus made 6 passes in the first half last night, 3 of them from the kick off.  ;D
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #923 on: April 5, 2018, 08:37:33 am »
That was perfect. even the second half performance, then dominating the ball and us just containing them was a delight to see. Couldn’t have gone much better.

Atmosphere fantastic - everyone involved should be proud

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #924 on: April 5, 2018, 08:38:23 am »
Awesome result considering how much we had to deal with in the 2nd half.

Anybody know what Hendo was complaining to Bobby about after the 3rd goal? I know he pulled out of a tackle that Hendo had to make to win the ball over but it was him recycling the ball that fed Mo.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #925 on: April 5, 2018, 08:38:30 am »
It's definitely not over. We need a goal at their place. They can easily beat us 3-0 like we beat them last night.
Nothing to be ashamed about that. They spent about £1bn to have that privilege.

It's a fantastic result but I'm not even thinking of semi final just yet. Full focus on the Ev. They will want to injure as many players as they can.

Reserves against the bitters imo..

It will wind them up something awful also  ;D
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #926 on: April 5, 2018, 08:38:33 am »
We totally belong to this competition man. Our football, our fans, our stadium, football has lost a great deal when Liverpool doesn't play Champions League football.

I have seen Real Madrid play Juventus last night and even that Madrid team would not be able to live with our attacking play.
Totally agree with you, CL is much more colorful and passionate with us in it.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #927 on: April 5, 2018, 08:41:18 am »
www.matchhighlight.com or type "Sky sport HD" on Youtube and you will get the highlights in good quality from the German Sky (For any Championsleague game by the way).  ;)

cheers!

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #928 on: April 5, 2018, 08:41:42 am »
They've not even sold out.

I got a ticket on Friday through City.   
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #929 on: April 5, 2018, 08:42:13 am »
Trent Arnold
‏Verified account @trentaa98

What a night ! Dream come true to play in one of those special nights at Anfield🔴 We go again next week💪🏽🤘🏽🔴 #YNWA #66

Subsequent reply :  ;D

and this. so bad that it's good ;D

Offline slimbo

• Kopite
« Reply #930 on: April 5, 2018, 08:42:53 am »
I was pretty stoked for the Ox and VVD. This is why they came to Liverpool, to play these types of games in this atmosphere.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #931 on: April 5, 2018, 08:47:01 am »
The New York Times.

In Blur of Smoke, Jeers and Then Goals, Liverpool Humbles Manchester City at Anfield

LIVERPOOL, England — They started arriving in the late afternoon, three hours before kickoff. They filled every spare inch of space they could find. When there was no room left on the ground, they clambered up traffic signal poles and scurried onto walls.

Where Arkles Road turns into Anfield Road and Liverpool’s stadium suddenly looms up into the sky, they unfurled their banners and draped their flags, and they sang their songs.

Two hours earlier, they had set off so many flares and smoke bombs already that the smell of cordite was wafting down Lower Breck Road, half a mile from the stadium, and the sky seemed to have been dyed red, as if something was burning.

Then, a little over an hour before the opening whistle, their moment came. First, Manchester City’s team bus turned the corner and began its slow, nervous progression toward Anfield, guarded by mounted police. Thick red smoke clogged the air. Firecrackers exploded. Pyrotechnics sputtered into life, their sodium light cutting through the fog. Bottles and beer cans flew, a handful clattering off the sides of the bus. And from the top of the traffic signals and the walls came a wave of sound, a war cry.

Then there were a couple of minutes of peace, before Liverpool’s bus came trundling through. More smoke, more flames, more noise, but celebratory this time — jubilant, a hymn of praise.

It lasted no more than a couple of minutes: then the bus, and the players it contained, disappeared into the peace of the stadium. The job was done. The flags came down and the flares sputtered out. The electricity, though, remained.

Ever since Liverpool was drawn against Manchester City for the quarterfinals of the Champions League, those few minutes, long before the start of the game, had been the focus of intense debate, a convenient shorthand for what seemed to be the great unknown in the two-game tie.

City is clearly technically superior to Liverpool: Its position atop the Premier League, where it may be crowned champion as soon as this weekend, is conclusive proof of that.

But Pep Guardiola’s City squad is not yet as emotionally wedded to the Champions League as Liverpool’s is. It does not have the weight of history in European soccer behind it. It has not yet accrued immunity to the sort of atmosphere, the high-stakes hostility, that this competition can generate, in certain places at least. How it coped under the lights and in the bear pit of Anfield, the theory ran, would decide how the tie would go, and the test would start on the corner of Arkles and Anfield Road.

Not that City was especially happy about that. The club expressed concern to the Merseyside Police, the local constabulary, about the risk of disobedience. But rather than cancel the “welcome,” the police decided to reroute it, in the hope of controlling it.

It did not work. Those projectiles did enough damage to the bus that City had to call for a replacement for the ride home. The original, Guardiola said, was “destroyed,” and in no condition to make the journey of about an hour back to Manchester. Jürgen Klopp, Liverpool’s manager, immediately apologized for the behavior of a handful of his team’s fans, and the club released a condemnatory statement, too. The police said they would comb through video footage to identify the perpetrators.

In that context, it would be wrong to romanticize those few minutes, to shrug off a few smashed windows as a price worth paying for a decent bit of noise at a soccer game.

Similarly, it would be inaccurate to portray it as a spontaneous, organic expression of an inherently superior fan culture. These welcomes are common in Europe — Real Madrid often sees much larger crowds greet its arrival to Champions League games — and, as ever, there were far more with cameras recording the event than partaking of it; this is 2018, after all, where everything that might be shared is in some way performative. It was the same on the bus: the players, inside, were on their phones, filming the people filming them outside.

But that does not justify the scorn the display generated, particularly in the anticipation of it. Soccer is now too scientific, too professional, too driven by the quantifiable for the actions of fans to count for anything, ran one strand of logic: The players are deaf to the jeers, inured to intimidation.

Besides, went another, the fabled Anfield atmosphere has faded in recent years. This Manchester City team has been to Naples, to San Paolo. It has played in the Bernabéu, Camp Nou and the Allianz Arena in Munich. Anfield would hold no fears, no matter how many gathered on the corner of Arkles Road.

Correlation is not causation, but it would be foolish to separate the atmosphere on Wednesday night from the outcome. Manchester City, the best team in England and perhaps in Europe, crumbled, losing by 3-0, swept aside by Liverpool in a breathtaking first half and then resisted in a tense, anxious second.

Guardiola scotched the idea that his team might have been affected by the atmosphere — it was “good to live a Champions League game” at Anfield, he said — but it certainly looked a little like that. Strange things happen at this stadium in this competition: Thomas Tuchel said as much after Borussia Dortmund lost here in the Europa League two years ago. “It was as though the crowd knew what was going to happen,” he said.

City did all it could to stifle the noise, forcing Liverpool to play toward the Kop in the first half, rather than the second, and then spending the first few minutes in calm possession of the ball, hoping to quiet the crowd.

None of it worked. Anfield crackled all night. It roared Liverpool on as it attacked, again and again, in the “15- or 20-minute spell” that Guardiola later said cost his team the game, and it lifted the team up as it rocked back on its heels in the second half, desperately keeping City at bay.

That, surely, is why fans go to games and sing, and shout, and sometimes scream: in the belief that it has some intangible effect on their team, and the opposition.

And that it worked — or appeared to work, for now — is, in a way, heartening. Soccer is indeed more scientific now, more coolly professional, more dismissive of the intangible. Anfield, on one night only, offered a reminder that, sometimes, the chaos takes over, that everything is up for grabs, and that the obvious and the logical does not have to happen. That is why they gathered, hours before kickoff, where Arkles Road meets Anfield Road: to do all they could.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/04/sports/soccer/liverpool-manchester-city-champions-league.html
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #932 on: April 5, 2018, 08:47:15 am »
I was pretty stoked for the Ox and VVD. This is why they came to Liverpool, to play these types of games in this atmosphere.
VVD was monster yesterday. The calmness and his accurate passes were poetic.

Offline Bolrick

• :1,$s?olr?aldr?g
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #933 on: April 5, 2018, 08:48:04 am »

OX is getting a knack of scoring in big games. I always though we will see OX at his best only next season (given that he is playing in a new role and club)... but he seems to be really getting into groove now.

As for VVD.....there is not much to say. His presence uplifts our defence.
Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #934 on: April 5, 2018, 09:01:49 am »

OX is getting a knack of scoring in big games. I always though we will see OX at his best only next season (given that he is playing in a new role and club)... but he seems to be really getting into groove now.

As for VVD.....there is not much to say. His presence uplifts our defence entire team.

Small edit, but worthwhile. Just cannot be overstated the impact he's had. We all hoped for it, but don't think to this level. A collossus.

Offline norfolkexile

• Main Stander
« Reply #935 on: April 5, 2018, 09:04:37 am »
Another interesting take on the atmosphere before and during the match - apologies if posted elsewhere in the thread:
https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/european/liverpool-vs-manchester-city-anfield-atmosphere-impenetrable-champions-league-fans-a8289381.html

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #936 on: April 5, 2018, 09:05:10 am »
Fucking hell.

Graphic image of the destroyed Man City coach last night.
Be warned.

https://i.imgur.com/HUMnAw4_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Kelvinlfc

• Legacy Fan
  • #JFT96
« Reply #937 on: April 5, 2018, 09:07:58 am »
The New York Times.

In Blur of Smoke, Jeers and Then Goals, Liverpool Humbles Manchester City at Anfield

LIVERPOOL, England — They started arriving in the late afternoon, three hours before kickoff. They filled every spare inch of space they could find. When there was no room left on the ground, they clambered up traffic signal poles and scurried onto walls.

Where Arkles Road turns into Anfield Road and Liverpool’s stadium suddenly looms up into the sky, they unfurled their banners and draped their flags, and they sang their songs.

Two hours earlier, they had set off so many flares and smoke bombs already that the smell of cordite was wafting down Lower Breck Road, half a mile from the stadium, and the sky seemed to have been dyed red, as if something was burning.

Then, a little over an hour before the opening whistle, their moment came. First, Manchester City’s team bus turned the corner and began its slow, nervous progression toward Anfield, guarded by mounted police. Thick red smoke clogged the air. Firecrackers exploded. Pyrotechnics sputtered into life, their sodium light cutting through the fog. Bottles and beer cans flew, a handful clattering off the sides of the bus. And from the top of the traffic signals and the walls came a wave of sound, a war cry.

Then there were a couple of minutes of peace, before Liverpool’s bus came trundling through. More smoke, more flames, more noise, but celebratory this time — jubilant, a hymn of praise.

It lasted no more than a couple of minutes: then the bus, and the players it contained, disappeared into the peace of the stadium. The job was done. The flags came down and the flares sputtered out. The electricity, though, remained.

Ever since Liverpool was drawn against Manchester City for the quarterfinals of the Champions League, those few minutes, long before the start of the game, had been the focus of intense debate, a convenient shorthand for what seemed to be the great unknown in the two-game tie.

City is clearly technically superior to Liverpool: Its position atop the Premier League, where it may be crowned champion as soon as this weekend, is conclusive proof of that.

But Pep Guardiola’s City squad is not yet as emotionally wedded to the Champions League as Liverpool’s is. It does not have the weight of history in European soccer behind it. It has not yet accrued immunity to the sort of atmosphere, the high-stakes hostility, that this competition can generate, in certain places at least. How it coped under the lights and in the bear pit of Anfield, the theory ran, would decide how the tie would go, and the test would start on the corner of Arkles and Anfield Road.

Not that City was especially happy about that. The club expressed concern to the Merseyside Police, the local constabulary, about the risk of disobedience. But rather than cancel the “welcome,” the police decided to reroute it, in the hope of controlling it.

It did not work. Those projectiles did enough damage to the bus that City had to call for a replacement for the ride home. The original, Guardiola said, was “destroyed,” and in no condition to make the journey of about an hour back to Manchester. Jürgen Klopp, Liverpool’s manager, immediately apologized for the behavior of a handful of his team’s fans, and the club released a condemnatory statement, too. The police said they would comb through video footage to identify the perpetrators.

In that context, it would be wrong to romanticize those few minutes, to shrug off a few smashed windows as a price worth paying for a decent bit of noise at a soccer game.

Similarly, it would be inaccurate to portray it as a spontaneous, organic expression of an inherently superior fan culture. These welcomes are common in Europe — Real Madrid often sees much larger crowds greet its arrival to Champions League games — and, as ever, there were far more with cameras recording the event than partaking of it; this is 2018, after all, where everything that might be shared is in some way performative. It was the same on the bus: the players, inside, were on their phones, filming the people filming them outside.

But that does not justify the scorn the display generated, particularly in the anticipation of it. Soccer is now too scientific, too professional, too driven by the quantifiable for the actions of fans to count for anything, ran one strand of logic: The players are deaf to the jeers, inured to intimidation.

Besides, went another, the fabled Anfield atmosphere has faded in recent years. This Manchester City team has been to Naples, to San Paolo. It has played in the Bernabéu, Camp Nou and the Allianz Arena in Munich. Anfield would hold no fears, no matter how many gathered on the corner of Arkles Road.

Correlation is not causation, but it would be foolish to separate the atmosphere on Wednesday night from the outcome. Manchester City, the best team in England and perhaps in Europe, crumbled, losing by 3-0, swept aside by Liverpool in a breathtaking first half and then resisted in a tense, anxious second.

Guardiola scotched the idea that his team might have been affected by the atmosphere — it was “good to live a Champions League game” at Anfield, he said — but it certainly looked a little like that. Strange things happen at this stadium in this competition: Thomas Tuchel said as much after Borussia Dortmund lost here in the Europa League two years ago. “It was as though the crowd knew what was going to happen,” he said.

City did all it could to stifle the noise, forcing Liverpool to play toward the Kop in the first half, rather than the second, and then spending the first few minutes in calm possession of the ball, hoping to quiet the crowd.

None of it worked. Anfield crackled all night. It roared Liverpool on as it attacked, again and again, in the “15- or 20-minute spell” that Guardiola later said cost his team the game, and it lifted the team up as it rocked back on its heels in the second half, desperately keeping City at bay.

That, surely, is why fans go to games and sing, and shout, and sometimes scream: in the belief that it has some intangible effect on their team, and the opposition.

And that it worked — or appeared to work, for now — is, in a way, heartening. Soccer is indeed more scientific now, more coolly professional, more dismissive of the intangible. Anfield, on one night only, offered a reminder that, sometimes, the chaos takes over, that everything is up for grabs, and that the obvious and the logical does not have to happen. That is why they gathered, hours before kickoff, where Arkles Road meets Anfield Road: to do all they could.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/04/04/sports/soccer/liverpool-manchester-city-champions-league.html

Fucking amazing article that

Offline luckyluke

• A proponent of intercourse during accelerated perambulation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super bonanza extravaganza
« Reply #938 on: April 5, 2018, 09:11:52 am »
Sorry if it's been already discussed but I'm sinking in work after doing fuck all yesterday... any news on Salah's injury?

Offline mkingdon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #939 on: April 5, 2018, 09:12:20 am »
I'm shattered.

It's only seems to be these CL nights that have me literally shaking all the way through the game. Nervous energy, excitement and disbelief at what I was seeing made for a glorious night in my front room.

Every player, every single one, including the subs played their part. I have to pick out Trent of course but I thought Milner was also outstanding. The number of crunching tackles, interceptions and breaking up play was too many to count. His selection was probably the most debated topic pre-game and credit to him and credit to Klopp for that decision working out so well.

VVD was hardly noticed during the game. This seems to be what he does. I'm not sure he actually breaks into a sweat. He just seems to glide through games calmly sorting stuff out.

Looking to next week, I'm still nervous. Oddly, at the risk of sounding greedy, I think one more goal would have relaxed me and made me start to think the tie was done. As it is, a City goal in the first twenty minutes and anything could happen.

I hope our injuries don't cost us having worked so hard to get into this position. We'll be missing Henderson through suspension, Lallana, Matip, Klavan and possibly Can and even Salah.

Anyway, I salute team, the club and the fans who created last night. Another incredible night to add to the list.

We go again.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #940 on: April 5, 2018, 09:16:03 am »
Klopp's record vs City:

Played 9, won 6, draw 1, 2 losses.  Solid CV that.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #941 on: April 5, 2018, 09:17:23 am »
What an amazing game. Couldn't imagine we weren't going to concede a goal. I was thinking 0-0 would be a great result but couldn't see us keeping a clean sheet. Lets hope we have some players fit to go and finish the job next week.

The coach thing is blown was out of proportion and was always going to be the headline after. The people shouldn't throw bottles or smokebombs at the coach but its the few not the majority. We have had these things so many times now and we have never had a problem with the opposition. It is about supporting our team. The media and City put it in everyones head that it was about attacking the City coach which isn't the case.

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #942 on: April 5, 2018, 09:23:46 am »
What is the slow song/chant being sung recently ?

Allez, allez allez?

Offline Hunts Cross

• but Cech's furious.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #943 on: April 5, 2018, 09:25:43 am »
What an amazing game. Couldn't imagine we weren't going to concede a goal. I was thinking 0-0 would be a great result but couldn't see us keeping a clean sheet. Lets hope we have some players fit to go and finish the job next week.

The coach thing is blown was out of proportion and was always going to be the headline after. The people shouldn't throw bottles or smokebombs at the coach but its the few not the majority. We have had these things so many times now and we have never had a problem with the opposition. It is about supporting our team. The media and City put it in everyones head that it was about attacking the City coach which isn't the case.

Blown out of proportion? Bollocks. It was a disgrace. It WAS an attack on the City bus.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #944 on: April 5, 2018, 09:27:02 am »
Unbelievable performance from everyone last night

Best 45 minutes I've seen under Klopp and a real gritty 2nd half.

TAA is a star in the making, what a performance from the lad, whole team were exceptional...and the crowd.

HUGE step towards semi-final. GOT to keep our heads in 2nd leg
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline vicar

• Legacy Fan
  • Free at last!
« Reply #945 on: April 5, 2018, 09:32:20 am »
Blown out of proportion? Bollocks. It was a disgrace. It WAS an attack on the City bus.

True it was a disgrace, yes the pyro looks great but doesn't need to be thrown at the bus. there is no excuse for bottling the bus, even ignoring how dangerous it is.
City complaining, the media continually going on about it re-routing the bus it all contributed to encouraging the idiots to get out there and now it will feed the frenzy of how badly behaved we are and no doubt a fine and restrictions next time.

I got in my car near goodison after the game and a "blue" steward said to me "did you see the city bus" First thing on their mind - a shame it plays into their hands an dthe media egging people on.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #946 on: April 5, 2018, 09:32:52 am »
Unbelievable performance from everyone last night

Best 45 minutes I've seen under Klopp and a real gritty 2nd half.

TAA is a star in the making, what a performance from the lad, whole team were exceptional...and the crowd.

HUGE step towards semi-final. GOT to keep our heads in 2nd leg

Really think that an early goal for us in the second leg will end their hopes.

Offline Fruity

• Batty. Box clever. Can weather all lifts. May in fact be Robbie Rotten.
  • Legacy Fan
  • a fruit is not just for christmas...
« Reply #947 on: April 5, 2018, 09:34:37 am »
Glad someone said that. It's halftime and if City nick an early goal it could be a long night.

I agree. We will need a moment similar to Coutinho's goal at Old Trafford in the Europa league tie which pretty much silenced the Mancs. Personally if City were coming here under the same circumstances I would still believe we could nick it. Odds wouldn't be great but it's all about the early goal.

We have a great advantage but sevilla and arsenal have scored 3 goals against us in one 45 minute half this season and City are better than both of them. We can score there though which gives us the edge, we need to be clinical and up for it.
alf a pound of braeburns!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #948 on: April 5, 2018, 09:35:37 am »
Christ... I’ve got a hangover...

What’s more, I’ve got a hangover when I didn’t drink anything at all...  it’s the co e down from the adrenaline I guess...

We need an away goal now.... that’s what we need. Score first there and we kill them.  I’m sure it won’t be that easy of course....

But what a time to be alive...  nights like that are what we live for..
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #949 on: April 5, 2018, 09:38:30 am »

It is blown out of proportion mate. If you read the Rory Smith article in the New York Times (above).  As he states a few beer cans were thrown at the bus.

I'm sure the reporting in the Sun and the mail is rather more sensational

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #950 on: April 5, 2018, 09:40:50 am »
Christ... I’ve got a hangover...

What’s more, I’ve got a hangover when I didn’t drink anything at all...  it’s the co e down from the adrenaline I guess...

We need an away goal now.... that’s what we need. Score first there and we kill them.  I’m sure it won’t be that easy of course....

But what a time to be alive...  nights like that are what we live for..

Yeah, and we're going to get many more like it with Klopp around!

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #951 on: April 5, 2018, 09:41:13 am »
Just woke up and first thing I considered is Mo Salah's groin....  Jesus, what a night that was. Not getting a single thing done until next Wednesday at the earliest.

Trent has popped in my head now.  Imagine how he's feeling today. What a fella.

Plus Conor Masterson, from Lucan, Dublin, when he heard he was on the bench apparently telling Klopp  "I'm ready, man". 

What a time to be alive.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #952 on: April 5, 2018, 09:41:31 am »
Thought Mane was brilliant too.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #953 on: April 5, 2018, 09:42:46 am »
It is blown out of proportion mate. If you read the Rory Smith article in the New York Times (above).  As he states a few beer cans were thrown at the bus.

I'm sure the reporting in the Sun and the mail is rather more sensational

I was there mate it was more than a few beer cans to be fair.

Offline nico 8

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #954 on: April 5, 2018, 09:48:03 am »
We're not in the semis, and lost 5-0 at theirs. Great performance, great result, and it's clear we have a potentially large amount chickens, but let's not be counting them yet. :)

Totally agree. Marginal decisions went our way (Salah 's first goal marginally off, Sane's attempt on the break, Sane's marginal offsides when Jesus scored and the Robertson penalty shout (not sure about this and would need a 2nd viewing)) and anything can happen on the return. Whilst as fans we can revel in the win Klopp has impressed on the players that the job is not finished. They are aware that a job needs to be done. Our away fans will need to do their job  and be proactive from the word go. Let's not go counting our chickens just yet.

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #955 on: April 5, 2018, 09:48:24 am »
Robertson was MOTM for me, edging Mané. If he had scored on his incredible run, I would have creamed my pants.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #956 on: April 5, 2018, 09:50:29 am »
By the way, was it the Allez song that went round the last 15? Loved it as it had the place rocking.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #957 on: April 5, 2018, 09:53:00 am »
Totally agree. Marginal decisions went our way (Salah 's first goal marginally off, Sane's attempt on the break, Sane's marginal offsides when Jesus scored and the Robertson penalty shout (not sure about this and would need a 2nd viewing)) and anything can happen on the return. Whilst as fans we can revel in the win Klopp has impressed on the players that the job is not finished. They are aware that a job needs to be done. Our away fans will need to do their job  and be proactive from the word go. Let's not go counting our chickens just yet.

Sane's marginal offsides were still the right decision, technically. Salah was the only decision that anyone can really complain about and it was a fraction of half a yard offside near the half-way line. I can't take seriously City fans etc. blaming the officiating, though of course they're clawing for any excuse to explain being thrashed that hard ;D
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #958 on: April 5, 2018, 09:54:44 am »

The police told us to be there...in fact...

Statement on change of route for team coaches ahead of Champions League quarter final
04 April 2018
A Merseyside Police spokesperson said: "Fans attending the Liverpool FC v Manchester City FC match on Wednesday, 4 April are advised the team coaches are not taking their usual route past the King Harry Pub.

"Due to building works and to ensure the safety of fans, they will instead travel along Arkles Lane, passing The Arkles pub before turning right onto Anfield Road."

Liverpool Football Club said: "Ensuring the health and safety of our fans and visitors is at the forefront of our all our procedures. The decision was therefore taken to re-direct the team coaches via a new route following guidance from Merseyside Police.

"The Club is working with the Police and other key stakeholders to provide a safe environment for those supporters who wish to welcome the team ahead of the match against Manchester City. We have taken additional steps to make sure the area is as safe and secure as possible, whilst working with local residents to ensure that they remain unaffected by any potential fan activity.

“We ask that any supporters who do wish to gather to show their passion and support for the team, do so in a friendly, respectful and considerate manner."

SO...bearing in mind that they knew there'd be a home crowd gathering ...and that they was another way into the ground passed the King Harry available why did they direct the City bus straight into that hostile crowd?

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #959 on: April 5, 2018, 09:55:03 am »
Sane's marginal offsides were still the right decision, technically. Salah was the only decision that anyone can really complain about and it was a fraction of half a yard offside near the half-way line. I can't take seriously City fans etc. blaming the officiating, though of course they're clawing for any excuse to explain being thrashed that hard ;D
Maybe if City hadn't been so small time and made us shoot towards the Kop in the first half, they'd have had the other linesman and he might not have missed the Salah 'off-side'.

You'd have thought they'd have learnt their lesson from the league game when they did that.
« Last Edit: April 5, 2018, 09:58:44 am by Funky_Gibbons »
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."