Author Topic: Number 7  (Read 39768 times)

Offline PaddyPaned

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Number 7
« Reply #440 on: March 19, 2021, 10:26:30 pm »
Ramos must be now, what, ninety twelve? Let’s put this twat in his place. And his Franco-backed fascist team.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: March 19, 2021, 11:53:17 pm »
Zidane is not an idiot. He knows that even with our problems, on a good day we could still tear this Real Madrid team apart ...

That's the problem. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: March 20, 2021, 12:34:56 am »
We Are Liverpool.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #443 on: March 20, 2021, 06:02:17 am »
We Are Liverpool.

Pithy. I like it!
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #444 on: March 20, 2021, 07:41:40 am »
happy enough with the draw, prefer not to meet an english rival at any point in europe but madrid is fine, if we turn up we can take them for sure, just depends which 'liverpool' take the field/s
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 12:53:27 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #445 on: March 20, 2021, 08:16:25 am »
City are going to win it eventually, just like Chelsea did.
Despite both spending billions, they have one European cup between them - or half the number Nottingham Forest have.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #446 on: March 20, 2021, 10:14:02 am »
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: March 20, 2021, 11:21:37 am »
happy enough with the draw, prefer not to meet an english rival at any point in the europe but madrid is fine, if we turn up we can take them for sure, just depends which 'liverpool' take the field/s

Preferably the one with a working defence.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: March 20, 2021, 11:27:18 am »
From the Guardian:

2/1 Man City, 7/2 Bayern, 5/1 Chelsea, 11/2 Liverpool, 7/1 PSG, 10/1 Real Madrid, 25/1 Borussia Dortmund, 33/1 Porto.

Surprised to see Chelsea as 3rd faves to be honest. They're not all that.

Odds based on QF draw mainly. Chelsea have Porto so should go through with ease hence them being high in the betting.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #449 on: March 20, 2021, 11:49:17 am »
From the Guardian:

2/1 Man City, 7/2 Bayern, 5/1 Chelsea, 11/2 Liverpool, 7/1 PSG, 10/1 Real Madrid, 25/1 Borussia Dortmund, 33/1 Porto.

Surprised to see Chelsea as 3rd faves to be honest. They're not all that.

Chelsea have the best path to the final, but the bookies expect Liverpool or Chelsea to lose in the final to City or Bayern there.

Dortmund and Porto are rank outsiders and the unlikely idea a washed up Real side can beat Liverpool, Chelsea and City leaves them at a still generous 10/1 because we're seen as easy pickings.

Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline ByrdmanLFC

• Anny Roader
« Reply #450 on: March 20, 2021, 11:50:35 am »
So guys what happens if we win the UCL and Arsenal win the Europa League? would the 4th placed team in the PL miss out? would be kinda funny (especially if it was Everton or United)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #451 on: March 20, 2021, 12:10:29 pm »
I BELIEVE

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: March 20, 2021, 12:20:28 pm »
So guys what happens if we win the UCL and Arsenal win the Europa League? would the 4th placed team in the PL miss out? would be kinda funny (especially if it was Everton or United)

Yeah, I think 5 is the maximum representation from any one country.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #453 on: March 20, 2021, 01:35:43 pm »
Some teams just know how to play two legged football and revel in it, fans or no. Liverpool and Madrid do, it will be tight but whoever wins it makes the final pissing all over Chelsea. Jesus, all of a sudden Chelsea are world beaters and Tuchel is a genius. They'll struggle to beat Porto. It's on!
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #454 on: March 20, 2021, 01:52:14 pm »
Yeah, I think 5 is the maximum representation from any one country.

It's correct.
Linudden.

Offline Bobinhood

• RAWK's Pam Ayres. Man without a hat.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hand over the Trophy
« Reply #455 on: March 20, 2021, 01:59:46 pm »
If there's one thing that the Kopites really know
Its that Big Ears love to make Anfield her home
Si senors
If you give us Real and Chelsea we play four (and then one more!)
Allll the way
I really like this draw from yesterday
Amplification does not equal truth. 

"Put these seeds in your pocket. At least sunflowers will grow where you lie!"
A Ukrainian housewife to a young Russian soldier, Feb 24,2022.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #456 on: March 20, 2021, 02:59:21 pm »
Some teams just know how to play two legged football and revel in it, fans or no. Liverpool and Madrid do, it will be tight but whoever wins it makes the final pissing all over Chelsea. Jesus, all of a sudden Chelsea are world beaters and Tuchel is a genius. They'll struggle to beat Porto. It's on!

Us vs Porto final!

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #457 on: March 20, 2021, 03:11:01 pm »
I wonder if the Pope will be watching the France-Wales potential grand slam game from behind the couch.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #458 on: March 20, 2021, 03:12:09 pm »
Despite both spending billions, they have one European cup between them - or half the number Nottingham Forest have.

And the same number as Aston Villa.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #459 on: March 20, 2021, 03:18:34 pm »
And the same number as Aston Villa.

The funny thing is when Villa won the European Cup at that stage they had won as many League titles 7 as Man United. There was only Liverpool 12 and Arsenal 8 who had won more. They got rid of Doug Ellis won the League and European Cup and then Deadly got back on the board and the rest is history.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: March 20, 2021, 03:37:35 pm »
The funny thing is when Villa won the European Cup at that stage they had won as many League titles 7 as Man United. There was only Liverpool 12 and Arsenal 8 who had won more. They got rid of Doug Ellis won the League and European Cup and then Deadly got back on the board and the rest is history.

Villa badly missed the boat in the Premier League era. The main club from the second city and the one really big club from the Midlands.

The first Premier League season they probably should have won as well, or at least took United to the wire. Big Ron bottled that like he did with them.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: March 20, 2021, 03:49:01 pm »
Another 2 goals for Benzema. He's absolutely carrying them at the minute.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: March 20, 2021, 03:58:47 pm »
Another 2 goals for Benzema. He's absolutely carrying them at the minute.

He's 3rd in their all time top scorers list. Considering his function in the team for most of his time there was to service Ronaldo.

Online ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #463 on: March 20, 2021, 04:35:40 pm »
He's 3rd in their all time top scorers list. Considering his function in the team for most of his time there was to service Ronaldo.

Well there's an image
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #464 on: March 20, 2021, 05:44:21 pm »
I know Madrid's following is rife with gobshites, as evidenced in the Bernabeu where anybody and everybody can be boo'd/whistled, but Benzema has always been sickeningly underrated in their success. His numbers since Ronaldo has left have been outstanding, especially at an age where many strikers are slowing down. Scored a lot of big goals for them but extremely annoying how the only one he ever scored for them in European Cup finals was that fucking abomination against us in Kiev. Wouldn't be an easy task for Van Dijk/Gomez/Matip and certainly won't be easy for a couple of young, inexperienced centre halves. They'll be an absolute bastard to play against and will use every trick in the book, can't say I'm looking forward to it, especially without fans.

That said, I really believe we can do them. Whatever way it swings it'll be tight you feel, but if we can go away and score I'd really fancy us to finish the job where the 2nd leg may be  8)
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #465 on: March 20, 2021, 06:05:05 pm »
Villa badly missed the boat in the Premier League era. The main club from the second city and the one really big club from the Midlands.

The first Premier League season they probably should have won as well, or at least took United to the wire. Big Ron bottled that like he did with them.

Ellis was the biggest issue for me. He truly believed that the best way to achieve success was to be prudent and wait for everyone else to over extend themselves. Villa jogged along whilst everyone else ran off into the distance. 
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #466 on: March 20, 2021, 07:31:35 pm »
Not the easiest game for us given the need to exercise a few demons.
It's true, a few of our players need to gain fitness, but demons?
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #467 on: March 20, 2021, 09:54:01 pm »
Do we play Arsenal on the Sunday then Madrid on the Tuesday!?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: March 20, 2021, 09:56:00 pm »
Do we play Arsenal on the Sunday then Madrid on the Tuesday!?
No, it’s been moved to the Saturday again, kick off time to be confirmed.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #469 on: March 20, 2021, 10:21:18 pm »
No, it’s been moved to the Saturday again, kick off time to be confirmed.

Sky have asked for a 23:59 kick off.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Its not bloody Diego

• Main Stander
« Reply #470 on: March 20, 2021, 10:23:46 pm »
It's true, a few of our players need to gain fitness, but demons?

Autocorrect, I swear  :-[

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: March 20, 2021, 10:53:59 pm »
Autocorrect, I swear  :-[

Swear on the Bible or the demons will not leave.

Offline StevoHimself

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #472 on: March 20, 2021, 11:37:23 pm »
https://twitter.com/GrantWahl/status/1373293218033438725

An absolutely bizarre statement from Grant Wahl that has been pretty universally derided, but it has started some pretty interesting conversations about seeding in sport.

At least in theory, I like the idea of total randomness, particularly in relation to the Champions League. Let's have the four qualifying English teams in one group!
« Last Edit: March 20, 2021, 11:41:19 pm by StevoHimself »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #473 on: March 20, 2021, 11:41:33 pm »

An absolutely bizarre statement from Grant Wahl that has been pretty universally derided, but it has started some pretty interesting conversations about seeding in sports.

At least in theory, I like the idea of total randomness, particularly in relation to the Champions League. Let's have the four qualifying English teams in one group!

You are Javier Tabias and I claim my 5 euros.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dave McCoy

• "Don't you know who I am?!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #474 on: March 21, 2021, 12:01:41 am »

An absolutely bizarre statement from Grant Wahl that has been pretty universally derided, but it has started some pretty interesting conversations about seeding in sport.

Grant Wahl got his start covering College Basketball and most of his audience is Americans.  What is in the sports news right now in the US?  College Basketball national tournament where it's setup so the the best 2 or 4 teams would only see each other in the semifinals or finals while the watching public hopes for upsets and bets billions on it.  Funny thing is if a lot of upsets happen and a bunch of small colleges are in the last 4 or 8 then nobody would watch. 

Not to say his idea is good as people seemingly love draws but it was worth him posting it just to see all the UK media heads that shit all over the worthless CL group games get all indignant.  Fucking hypocrits.

Edit: I also think a Eurowide seeded knockout tournament would be way better than the Europa Conference but that's just me.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2021, 12:04:38 am by Dave McCoy »

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #475 on: March 21, 2021, 12:16:18 am »
Grant Wahl got his start covering College Basketball and most of his audience is Americans.  What is in the sports news right now in the US?  College Basketball national tournament where it's setup so the the best 2 or 4 teams would only see each other in the semifinals or finals while the watching public hopes for upsets and bets billions on it.  Funny thing is if a lot of upsets happen and a bunch of small colleges are in the last 4 or 8 then nobody would watch. 

Not to say his idea is good as people seemingly love draws but it was worth him posting it just to see all the UK media heads that shit all over the worthless CL group games get all indignant.  Fucking hypocrits.

Edit: I also think a Eurowide seeded knockout tournament would be way better than the Europa Conference but that's just me.

I can't believe North American sport artificially creates situations in which people get rich.

The problem with a Eurowide seeded knockout tournament is the likes of Nottingham Forest. They went from being a second division side to knocking out Liverpool who had won consecutive European cups in the first round because they were not seeded.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #476 on: March 21, 2021, 01:20:02 am »
I can't believe North American sport artificially creates situations in which people get rich.

The problem with a Eurowide seeded knockout tournament is the likes of Nottingham Forest. They went from being a second division side to knocking out Liverpool who had won consecutive European cups in the first round because they were not seeded.

As always you just continually double down on your own ego and it's awful.  There might be a way to try to generate more money for all the Euro leagues that will have pluses and minuses instead of a 3rd tier of UEFA competition that almost nobody will watch.  Maybe that's interesting, maybe it's not.  Could be an interesting point of converation.   You then counter that pro/rel will stop because North Americans create money situations?  I mean wtf?  I get we're all Reds and we should be supportive of each other but that seemingly doesn't apply to you and until it does then you deserve all the mocking you get.

Offline Eeyore

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #477 on: March 21, 2021, 01:45:34 am »
You post this.

Then complain about a comment that involves North American sport.

As always you just continually double down on your own ego and it's awful.  There might be a way to try to generate more money for all the Euro leagues that will have pluses and minuses instead of a 3rd tier of UEFA competition that almost nobody will watch.  Maybe that's interesting, maybe it's not.  Could be an interesting point of converation.   You then counter that pro/rel will stop because North Americans create money situations?  I mean wtf?  I get we're all Reds and we should be supportive of each other but that seemingly doesn't apply to you and until it does then you deserve all the mocking you get.

I hate to break it you but it isn't all about generating revenues and TV figures. I know it might be heresy to North American sports fans but in Europe we have a pyramid system which means a club that is in 3rd tier European competition can evolve and improve. That means a third tier team can improve and become a second tier team.

It isn't a closed shop where you have major League teams and minor League teams that are set in concrete.

The beauty of the Champions League/ European Cup is that teams can excel on their sporting merit. 

Teams who wouldn't normally qualify for Europe will get experience and their players will improve.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: March 21, 2021, 01:57:00 am »

To be honest, the draw is not fair. Our half of the draw has 4 previous winners with a total of 22 titles, and the other half of the draw has only 2 previous winners with a total of 7 titles ...

Offline Dave McCoy

• Legacy Fan
  • 11,053ft up
« Reply #479 on: March 21, 2021, 02:06:50 am »
You post this.

Then complain about a comment that involves North American sport.

I hate to break it you but it isn't all about generating revenues and TV figures. I know it might be heresy to North American sports fans but in Europe we have a pyramid system which means a club that is in 3rd tier European competition can evolve and improve. That means a third tier team can improve and become a second tier team.

It isn't a closed shop where you have major League teams and minor League teams that are set in concrete.

The beauty of the Champions League/ European Cup is that teams can excel on their sporting merit. 

Teams who wouldn't normally qualify for Europe will get experience and their players will improve.

Again, you have your ego and set ideas and that's all you can see.  It makes people basically write you off as a serious poster and even if you had good ideas most probably wouldn't take it serious enough to actually engage you with it.  Myself I'm done dealing with you on FSG as it's a waste of time and even if you come up with something worthwhile it's not worth wading through the shit to get to it.

Since this is a different subject I'll give you the benefit of the doubt though I'm about to write you off here as well.

First I said I disagreed with what Grant posted so almost all of your response is to your imagined American enemy I guess?  And lets be clear we're talking about Americans as in Mexico they have pro/rel with their football (soccer) leagues.  Mexico is after all the biggest soccer league in North America and also Mexican Americans being the biggest source of soccer TV viewers in the US.  So you're either ignorant or stupid to begin with as saying "North America" isn't accurate at all.

From there, I can admit I don't follow every posters post on every subject so I have no idea what your views are on the CL/EL and if they should be reformed at all.  I myself have recently posted about Jonathan Wilson's ridiculous contempt for CL expansion not because it should be expanded but because he never offers any realistic solution for fixing the issue of the group stages basically being a procession for richest teams into the knockouts whether they are expanded or not.  So you may not have that as a background that I view as the only realistic solution regardless of expansion is to somehow generate more funds for the non-top 5 leagues as the top 5 leagues will never willingly agree to give away money regardless of FSG's viewpoint.  I noted maybe regional leagues would be a way to help here.  So here I'm suggesting a replacement for the Europa Conference with something that could possibly help teams in those lower leagues better than a 3rd tier.

Now maybe you agree with Jonathan Wilson that teams should just be forced to share equally with everyone so that Eastern European teams can rise rom the ashes though considering your FSG critiques this would be highly ironic.  Maybe you believe something else.  No idea.  But instead you choose to basically insult a bunch of people for no reason.  Congrats?