Author Topic: Boxing thread  (Read 4163981 times)

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Boxing thread
« Reply #66520 on: May 10, 2021, 06:30:42 pm »
Nah I just wanted to see Canelo unleash hell on him. You've no idea the amount of hate I have towards BJS.
He's easily the most unlikeable c*nt in boxing, closely followed by Gervonta Davis. Like others, I'm disappointed that Canelo never got to unleash hell on him but he'll have to live with the fact that he got utterly outclassed. Glad Tyson Fury got put in his place as well, he was giving it the big un about how BJS would win easily.

Offline Machae

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66521 on: May 10, 2021, 06:42:48 pm »
So who realistically can take on Canelo and beat him. Thought GGG was treated unfairly by the scorecards personally

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66522 on: May 10, 2021, 06:49:02 pm »
Golovkin beat him but now he's on the down slope. But no one beats him unless they get lucky between Middleweight and Light Heavy bar one guy. Light Heavy he would be in trouble with Berterbiev.

Offline L4Red

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #66523 on: May 10, 2021, 06:50:42 pm »
Golovkin beat him but now he's on the down slope. But no one beats him unless they get lucky between Middleweight and Light Heavy bar one guy. Light Heavy he would be in trouble with Berterbiev.

I can't see him fighting Beterbiev, he will just eat Canelos punches and keep coming. I'd pay to watch it though!

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66524 on: May 10, 2021, 06:59:34 pm »
So who realistically can take on Canelo and beat him. Thought GGG was treated unfairly by the scorecards personally

Good question he would need an off night to lose at 160/168.

GGG is still the most likely to beat him even at his age.

Plant would get ripped apart by him.

175 is the test but they are too big for him imo.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66525 on: May 10, 2021, 09:19:31 pm »
GGG beat him twice and you can make a case that Lara beat him, but I don't know who beats him now short of cruiserweight.

Maybe Beterbiev but to be honest I haven't paid much attention to him for ages so don't know if he's still the monster I thought he was.

I'd actually quite like to see him fight Jr. Think it would be a good fight (but not a competitive one).

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66526 on: May 10, 2021, 09:48:47 pm »
Beterbiev still is mate. Fought a couple of months back after  nearly a year out and looked good.  If Canelo thinks he has big enough balls he might challenge him.

Offline 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #66527 on: May 10, 2021, 10:45:14 pm »
Good question he would need an off night to lose at 160/168.

GGG is still the most likely to beat him even at his age.

Plant would get ripped apart by him.

175 is the test but they are too big for him imo.
Bivol doesn't look like a big LHW and I would make ginger favourite there.

Beterbiev still is mate. Fought a couple of months back after  nearly a year out and looked good.  If Canelo thinks he has big enough balls he might challenge him.
Easy to forget that Callum Johnson floored Beterbiev and had him in a spot of bother in what was a wild fight before being overwhelmed. Canelo just needs to eat some more of his special meat and he'll be fine.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66528 on: May 11, 2021, 07:25:50 am »
Had Canelo winning the second GGG fight pretty comfortably to be honest. He got a gift of a draw in 1st fight but every top fighter has gotten favourable decisions.

The 3rd fight a waste of time. GGG only talks about going up in weight but never does it. He is B side so it will be st 168lbs and Canelo will beat the piss out of him.

Benevidez, Andrade, the Charlos all good fights but they have to be at 168lbs.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66529 on: May 11, 2021, 08:10:43 am »
Someone needs to call up Andre Ward and get him to name his price.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66530 on: May 11, 2021, 09:10:08 am »
Had Canelo winning the second GGG fight pretty comfortably to be honest. He got a gift of a draw in 1st fight but every top fighter has gotten favourable decisions.

The 3rd fight a waste of time. GGG only talks about going up in weight but never does it. He is B side so it will be st 168lbs and Canelo will beat the piss out of him.

Benevidez, Andrade, the Charlos all good fights but they have to be at 168lbs.
He could also get Gilberto Ramirez to go back down to 168, he with the most underwhelming 40 fight unbeaten record I've seen since Deontay Wilder  ;D

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66531 on: May 11, 2021, 10:12:25 am »
He could also get Gilberto Ramirez to go back down to 168, he with the most underwhelming 40 fight unbeaten record I've seen since Deontay Wilder  ;D

Great idea.

He is with Golden Boy now though so that might be difficult to make

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66532 on: May 11, 2021, 01:14:10 pm »
Fury vs Joshua in Saudi Arabia in August then.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66533 on: May 11, 2021, 01:19:37 pm »
Another announcement that there might be an announcement soon. For the 450th time. How exciting!!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66534 on: May 11, 2021, 01:21:34 pm »
August 7th/14th for the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship.  8)

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66535 on: May 11, 2021, 01:47:11 pm »
August 7th/14th for the Undisputed Heavyweight Championship.  8)

Not signed yet though..Seems far away

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66536 on: May 11, 2021, 02:09:15 pm »
Has there ever been a fight that's been announced so many times without actually being announced?

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66537 on: May 11, 2021, 03:51:44 pm »

David Moyes' influence is clear to see. Fighting without fighting.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66538 on: May 11, 2021, 04:00:29 pm »
Looks like Canelo will unify all the Super Middle belts in September. Plant is being lined up.

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66539 on: May 11, 2021, 04:02:10 pm »
Looks like Canelo will unify all the Super Middle belts in September. Plant is being lined up.
Plant should ask for full drug testing protocols  :D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66540 on: May 11, 2021, 04:06:13 pm »
When ginger pisses everyone looks away.  :D

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66541 on: May 11, 2021, 04:48:16 pm »
David Moyes' influence is clear to see. Fighting without fighting.
I don't think it's going to happen now.  I was all done and dusted a couple of months ago but there's been a bit of noise from the Fury camp and some haggling over technicalities, and I have a feeling he doesn't want it for whatever reason.

Hopefully I'm wrong.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #66542 on: May 11, 2021, 05:57:59 pm »
I hate it's in Saudi Arabia. Post-COVID, Wembley could host it

Offline 1892tillforever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66543 on: May 11, 2021, 09:27:24 pm »
I hate it's in Saudi Arabia. Post-COVID, Wembley could host it
UK is the best venue followed by Vegas but I'm happy to see it anywhere, because there would almost certainly be a rematch and then the UK could host with a full crowd.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66544 on: May 11, 2021, 09:58:26 pm »
Wembley and the new Vegas stadium should've been the only contenders, fuck seeing the biggest boxing fight in decades fought infront of a bunch of corrupt oil merchants.

As for the fight itself, I hope Joshua smashes Fury into next week, he gets away with being disrespectful to everyone with his fans passing it off as hilarious banter.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66545 on: May 11, 2021, 10:17:37 pm »
9pm ring walks though...

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66546 on: May 12, 2021, 06:46:23 am »
Not signed yet though..Seems far away
it's done. I was offered a ticket weeks ago.

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
« Reply #66547 on: May 12, 2021, 07:46:11 am »
Hope Fury smashes Joshua.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66548 on: May 12, 2021, 08:27:55 am »
No one's smashing anyone. It'll be a stinker.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66549 on: May 12, 2021, 08:57:46 am »
No one's smashing anyone. It'll be a stinker.
Why do you think that? Think that Fury will just spoil the fight?

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66550 on: May 12, 2021, 09:23:47 am »
Why do you think that? Think that Fury will just spoil the fight?
Fury's not exactly known for being in exciting fights is he?  And yeah, I think the way for him to win this one is to spoil it a bit.  Remember the Wlad fight was not exactly a thriller was it?  I know he went on the front foot against Wilder, but Joshua is a different animal and he'll be eating uppercuts all night if he tries that, so it will be back to the awkward jerky style from a distance and then grab him if he gets close.

Joshua has obviously been a bit more entertaining, but Fury had got a head like a stegasaurus so I don't think Joshua's going to knock him out (although he's done it before!), so I think you'll see Joshua in the Ruiz 2 mode.

Fury from the Wlad fight versus Joshua from the second Ruiz fight is an absolute stinker unfortunately.

Offline jonkrux

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #66551 on: May 12, 2021, 09:24:56 am »

That is the fight I'd love to see. Unfortunately Canelo isnt stupid enough to take it.

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66552 on: May 12, 2021, 09:25:08 am »
If AJ isn't going to knock Fury out then Fury will go on the front foot like he did Wilder. He can ko AJ.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66553 on: May 12, 2021, 09:29:05 am »
GGG may have edged the first one but Canelo dismantled him in the second one.

If Canelo takes his time going up to Light Heavy I think he will be fine with Berbetiev. If Callum Johnson can floor him I think Canelo can too.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66554 on: May 12, 2021, 09:29:18 am »
If AJ isn't going to knock Fury out then Fury will go on the front foot like he did Wilder. He can ko AJ.
Honestly think AJ takes his head off if he tries that.  You can do it with Wilder because he basically can't box, no jab to worry about on the way in and once you're on the inside you don't have to worry about his big daft hadoken anymore.

Joshua has a great jab, and his best punch is his uppercut so if Fury takes the same approach he'll get sparked.  Remember, it was a long time ago, but Joshua has already sent him to sleep once before.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #66555 on: May 12, 2021, 09:30:43 am »
He's not going to be able to get that uppercut away if Fury leans on him and closes down the space enough. Fury can take it to AJ and knock him out, I'm not sure the same can be said the other way round. I don't think it'll be quite the stinker you say it will but it won't be as great as people will think it will be.

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66556 on: May 12, 2021, 09:34:06 am »
Honestly think AJ takes his head off if he tries that.  You can do it with Wilder because he basically can't box, no jab to worry about on the way in and once you're on the inside you don't have to worry about his big daft hadoken anymore.

Joshua has a great jab, and his best punch is his uppercut so if Fury takes the same approach he'll get sparked.  Remember, it was a long time ago, but Joshua has already sent him to sleep once before.
I think Joshua should also go to the body a lot as Fury can't have very good conditioning there.

I think Johsua needs to come out fast and try to blow him away. He just can't get carried away like he did against Ruiz and Klitschko. Once you have him down just stay patient.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66557 on: May 12, 2021, 10:06:13 am »
Not long ago Fury was punching himself, why the revisionism being made to make him look like some unstoppable beast I don't know.  Now I expect him to win but this ain't no George Foreman of the 70's here.

Offline Lusty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66558 on: May 12, 2021, 10:35:59 am »
He's not going to be able to get that uppercut away if Fury leans on him and closes down the space enough. Fury can take it to AJ and knock him out, I'm not sure the same can be said the other way round. I don't think it'll be quite the stinker you say it will but it won't be as great as people will think it will be.
I don't really see how Fury can knock Joshua out, unless Joshua gets carried away and punches himself out again but I think he's more disciplined now. If Fury goes after him like he did Wilder, Joshua will just jab his head off for 12 rounds.

I was one of the very few that said he'd KO Wilder but Joshua is a different animal.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66559 on: May 12, 2021, 10:39:47 am »
AJ's uppercuts are a thing of beauty. Would KO a baby rhino.