Author Topic: Álisson Ramsés Becker  (Read 963883 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Welcome to Liverpool Alisson Ramses Becker
« Reply #3680 on: December 19, 2019, 01:18:20 pm »
Song sorted

James Pearce@JamesPearceLFC
Klopp regularly sings “All you need is... Alisson Becker” to the tune of Queen’s ‘Radio Ga Ga’. No wonder the #LFC boss gave it another rendition after the Brazil No 1 excelled v Monterrey.

Offline RedSamba

• Legacy Fan
  • EUROPEAN ROYALTY
« Reply #3681 on: December 19, 2019, 01:19:42 pm »
Song sorted

Klopp regularly sings “All you need is... Alisson Becker” to the tune of Queen’s ‘Radio Ga Ga’. No wonder the #LFC boss gave it another rendition after the Brazil No 1 excelled v Monterrey.

boss  ;D

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3682 on: December 19, 2019, 01:29:20 pm »
Song sorted

Hell yeah!!

Hope this takes off :)

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #3683 on: December 19, 2019, 01:35:49 pm »
That works really well with the hand claps and him being a keeper.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3684 on: December 19, 2019, 01:36:36 pm »
Song sorted

he's bonkers  ;D

Great song though, hope it does indeed become a thing!

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3685 on: December 19, 2019, 10:09:28 pm »
Alisson + Virgil is almost unfair to the oppositions. Fantastic goalkeeper. The GOAT. I love Ray Clemence but Alisson is better and that is no shame to Clemence
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Offline scutty

• Kopite
  • Know nothing.
« Reply #3686 on: December 19, 2019, 10:16:49 pm »
Back to his best today, the clean sheet and probably the win were down to his saves at 1-0.

That's what I was thinking, he's back :)
Why was my post deleted?

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3687 on: December 19, 2019, 10:29:37 pm »
He's no Pickford though.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline s_andrews89

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3688 on: December 19, 2019, 10:38:02 pm »
He's no Pickford though.

Thank god for that!

Really hope to hear the song echoing out the kop soon!

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
« Reply #3689 on: December 19, 2019, 11:01:29 pm »
Thank god for that!

Really hope to hear the song echoing out the kop soon!

Mo from the Anfield Wrap has been pushing for that tune to be used for a new Sadio Mané song for ages (All we need is.... SAD-EEE-OO MA-NE!!!) I suppose Alisson needs a song more urgently though.

Offline macmanamanaman

• S art Arse.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Robbie Returns!
« Reply #3690 on: December 19, 2019, 11:52:10 pm »
Song sorted

Sadio be like:
"Er .... Hello... Jurgen... Maybe there is someone with a name that goes better with RADIO....? "

And then Klopp be like:

"Hmmmm....Why didnt I think of it before, you are right.
Here it goes:
All you need is....Alisson Becker. All you need is..... Aaaallllliiiisooonnnn, we love you"
"A Football team is like a Piano: You need 8 people to carry it and 3 to play the damn thing" - Shankly

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3691 on: December 20, 2019, 12:05:01 am »
Alisson + Virgil is almost unfair to the oppositions. Fantastic goalkeeper. The GOAT. I love Ray Clemence but Alisson is better and that is no shame to Clemence

I saw all of Clem's Liverpool career and he remains the best I have seen. Allison is excellent although he is following some fairly average keepers which accentuates his brilliance. He might in time become better than Clem but in my eyes Clem is the best.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3692 on: December 20, 2019, 03:13:59 am »
I saw all of Clem's Liverpool career and he remains the best I have seen. Allison is excellent although he is following some fairly average keepers which accentuates his brilliance. He might in time become better than Clem but in my eyes Clem is the best.

same from me

it's not a criticism of the fanbase, but there seems an over eagerness to name outstanding players as 'best ever in a liverpool shirt' or even 'best ever anywhere' - i get it, we have special players who atm are on a roll, as fans we're all buzzing as euro champs with our team killing the league up to this point - but to compare them to players that were top level for a decade (decades for some) for me is just way too soon, longevity and consistency are major factors - but ones that only can be assessed over a fair number of seasons if we're going to be talking about the very best in certain positions

if a player had two incredible seasons, sweeping all before him in his path with record breaking stats but then had a career ending injury, you think that player would ever be lauded as the best of all time? no chance. they'd probably end up in a highlight reel of 'if onlys' as a wonderful player who's career was sadly cut short and we can only imagine what they may have become. then they go on to name the best ever with pele maradonna messi beckenbauer maldini etc being spoken of as greats in their various positions.

are modern players athletically superior? no shit, of course they are, half the guys in our golden years were on the piss after a game, many puffing on a cig or cigar lol. advancements in knowledge and facilities are such they've gone by the name of sports science for years now and modern day players benefit and excel in this regard. and comparing across eras is a minefield anyway, clem played in a fucking mudball with ball as slick as could be and heavy as fuck in the wet relatively speaking, but then again the modern ball is so light it swerves all over the place, rule changes put modern keepers under more pressure, but they're well protected by refs whereas you could beat the shit out of the keeper in the old fart days

so yeah, it's very difficult comparing players across eras but one thing is certanily true, in their time, among their peers, how long did they do it at the very highest level and when all the dust settles, it will be those that had the consistency and longevity that will be hailed as the greatest to wear the shirt, and of course they will have to have won a shitload of trophies - it's a good one but it is only one trophy so far (those in the TAA thread might want to check how many phil neal won, yet while some names have been banded about phil neal hasn't even been mentioned), cos one thing is sure, when they talk about the greats, it's typically players that have won multiple major trophies, those who won fuckall hardly get a mention (eg G Best, recognised as a phenominal talent, which he was and then some, but hamstrung by his national squad when they compare him to pele etc)

one day 'the best ever' may very well be alisson (and TAA and VVD if you've read those threads) but at this stage, none them have got there yet, their journey with us has only just started really having played truly outstanding for, what is it, a season and half...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2019, 03:35:50 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #3693 on: December 20, 2019, 06:16:26 am »
There is also the bias of nostalgia. It's sometimes harder to put the case forward for a modern great, because of their recency and the "golden glow" of the past. It's harder for a contemporary player to be considered a great when they're still playing, simply due to the fact that they're still playing.

I'd also say that modern sportsmen are far more closely observed in terms of TV footage, analysis and have the microscope put on any errors they make (they're all human, even Alisson and Virgil).
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3694 on: December 20, 2019, 07:00:11 am »
There is also the bias of nostalgia. It's sometimes harder to put the case forward for a modern great, because of their recency and the "golden glow" of the past. It's harder for a contemporary player to be considered a great when they're still playing, simply due to the fact that they're still playing.

I'd also say that modern sportsmen are far more closely observed in terms of TV footage, analysis and have the microscope put on any errors they make (they're all human, even Alisson and Virgil).

When greats like Clem got caught on telly making mistakes, you never forget it  ;D ;D ;D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ZgvgOxVzSMw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ZgvgOxVzSMw</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3695 on: December 20, 2019, 11:45:19 am »
Alisson on the CWC

Alisson added: "It's big for Brazilians but bigger for who is playing. From the outside people don't give the competition value because it's limited, it's just for the winners".

LOL Superb - no time for losers our Alisson.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3696 on: December 21, 2019, 12:44:08 am »

while i think the point you make has some value, if you think about it those that are truly greats do get recognition due even when they are playing - Stevie, Robbie, Sami just to name a few of the first ones off the top of my head (three players that played at a very high level consistently for a long time in a liverpool shirt and won silverware, which goes back to my original point)

and the golden glow of the past is because we won fucking everything and most things on multiple occasions (and we near owned the league), and that's the whole point really, those players as a man and as a team were so good and so dominant that is the level Liverpool 'greats' will be judged by, that's why non winners rarely feature as the very best, which is true across football in general (messi will never be to argentina what maradonna was, cos he failed at the very highest level, even tho he had hell of team around him at times, he didnt drag a not so great argentinian team to a world cup final and win, he's largely bombed on the international stage, it will always be a blight on his record when he hangs up his boots, no matter how amazing he is - and yeah, i do think maradonna was better  ;D for a whole host of reason, but that's not for this thread)

im gonna leave it there, this is a thread for alisson, who is a wonderful keeper and certainly one of the best to ever grace anfield, and long may it continue and we'll see how far he and the team can write themselves into our history books cos the potential is certainly there to do something very special
« Last Edit: December 21, 2019, 12:49:43 am by Armand9 »
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #3697 on: December 21, 2019, 01:02:43 am »

It is very hard to compare as the game is so different now.

Clemence made some astounding saves but he was a bit weaker than Alisson in the air. In those days Clemence used to kick the ball long whereas Alisson tends to play it short.

Both are/were great keepers.

We went for years not spending any real money on keepers and we would probably have won more if we had a keeper like Alisson. He and VVD made us into a very good team.
#JFT97

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3698 on: December 21, 2019, 01:26:24 am »
It is very hard to compare as the game is so different now.

Clemence made some astounding saves but he was a bit weaker than Alisson in the air. In those days Clemence used to kick the ball long whereas Alisson tends to play it short.

Both are/were great keepers.

We went for years not spending any real money on keepers and we would probably have won more if we had a keeper like Alisson. He and VVD made us into a very good team.

I grew up with Grobbelaar as our keeper, so for much of my life what defined a Liverpool goalkeeper was the ability to command his box. Reina was the first orthodox Liverpool great that I saw.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3699 on: December 21, 2019, 10:17:02 pm »
Cool as anything as usual.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3700 on: December 22, 2019, 12:36:27 am »
Hes fit as fuck and can bang me anytime even
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #3701 on: December 22, 2019, 12:42:02 am »
I grew up with Grobbelaar as our keeper, so for much of my life what defined a Liverpool goalkeeper was the ability to command his box. Reina was the first orthodox Liverpool great that I saw.
Also grew up with Bruce and loved him for his eccentricity, yes he had errors in him but he was brilliant as well.

Alisson is another level. Can’t compare him to Clemence as was too young to have seen him regularly for us, but this guys the best I’ve seen in the last 35 years. Long may it last.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 12:50:58 am by duvva »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3702 on: December 22, 2019, 12:48:31 am »
he's really good at the diving one hand push away save (barbosa save). Did that in the CL final a few times as well.

the barbosa bike scared me for a second as I had Karius flashbacks - but Alisson was over so quickly to cover it (and to be fair it didn't have the venom or placement of Bale's).

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #3703 on: December 22, 2019, 12:55:23 am »
He’s the VVD of keepers

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #3704 on: December 22, 2019, 07:27:16 am »
That last-minute save against Napoli last season is basically the reason why we now have 3 more trophies

Yes, I know that's not how it works but that's what I'm choosing to believe :D
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #3705 on: December 22, 2019, 07:44:24 am »
Fucking Wall is what this man is. Unbelievable how he remains so focused, love him to bits.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3706 on: December 22, 2019, 11:55:04 am »
  Alisson Becker has played 5 "win or go home" matches for #LFC. Either finals or games where we faced elimination.
Flamengo
Salzburg A
Spurs
Barca H
Napoli H
In those matches he has saved ALL 26 opposition shots on target. Including 6 big chances 🔥

https://twitter.com/DanKennett/status/1208710300121350145?s=19

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #3707 on: December 22, 2019, 12:27:55 pm »
He is the type of keeper that we should have invested in years ago. We used to have fantastic midfielders and attackers but didn't invest in defenders or keepers. Now we have VVD and Alisson and what a difference it makes.
#JFT97

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #3708 on: December 22, 2019, 12:55:46 pm »
He is the type of keeper that we should have invested in years ago. We used to have fantastic midfielders and attackers but didn't invest in defenders or keepers. Now we have VVD and Alisson and what a difference it makes.
To be fair, keeper of this quality are few and far between. Only Schmeichel and peak Cech compare in the last 25 years in the English league.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2019, 01:07:47 pm by BobPaisley3 »
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3709 on: December 22, 2019, 01:03:34 pm »
he's really good at the diving one hand push away save (barbosa save). Did that in the CL final a few times as well.

he is not only great at that save but his genius for me is where he saves those types of shots - always an awareness of where the attackers & defenders are before the shot, and almost always parried into the safest area. I think most top keepers save those but more often than not they pop them back into danger areas where you have to defend another situation with your keeper lying on the ground - instead we get all the time we need to get our shape back. Fantastic keeper ;D

Offline Wullie160975

• Oor Wullie! Your Wullie! A'body's Wullie!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3710 on: December 22, 2019, 01:20:38 pm »
he is not only great at that save but his genius for me is where he saves those types of shots - always an awareness of where the attackers & defenders are before the shot, and almost always parried into the safest area. I think most top keepers save those but more often than not they pop them back into danger areas where you have to defend another situation with your keeper lying on the ground - instead we get all the time we need to get our shape back. Fantastic keeper ;D

I'm sure that was one of the criticisms/concerns before he joined us that he used to spill too many back into the danger area, so clearly something he's worked on since he joined us.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3711 on: December 22, 2019, 02:27:12 pm »

https://twitter.com/DanKennett/status/1208710300121350145?s=19

I think this is incorrect because Bayern away was a win or go home. That said it was an own goal that Bayern scored (though Lewandowski was ready for the tap in).

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #3712 on: December 22, 2019, 02:54:01 pm »
I think this is incorrect because Bayern away was a win or go home. That said it was an own goal that Bayern scored (though Lewandowski was ready for the tap in).

also they missed out the semi final vs Monterrey.

But he made a fair few saves in that too.

So yeah, 2 goals gone in, but plenty of saves too! Whatever his stats are for those games, it's fantastic.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3713 on: December 22, 2019, 03:01:20 pm »
also they missed out the semi final vs Monterrey.

But he made a fair few saves in that too.

So yeah, 2 goals gone in, but plenty of saves too! Whatever his stats are for those games, it's fantastic.

We would have had the third place game if we lost to Monterrey.

And we drew the first leg 0-0 with Bayern. We could have gone through on a score draw.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3714 on: December 22, 2019, 03:12:13 pm »
We would have had the third place game if we lost to Monterrey.

And we drew the first leg 0-0 with Bayern. We could have gone through on a score draw.

True on Bayern. A score draw would have done it.

Monterrey leading to a third place game is more or less an elimination game.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3715 on: December 22, 2019, 03:24:53 pm »
With those 2 its 33/35 shots on target saved which is still amazing.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #3716 on: December 22, 2019, 03:25:27 pm »
Hes fit as fuck and can bang me anytime even

I mean, I was about to write that his handsomeness isn't mentioned nearly often enough in this thread, but that pretty much covers it.

Oh yeah, he's our best keeper since Clemence etc etc.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline christofu

• Anny Roader
« Reply #3717 on: December 22, 2019, 04:24:43 pm »
I'm sure that was one of the criticisms/concerns before he joined us that he used to spill too many back into the danger area, so clearly something he's worked on since he joined us.
no complaints here if that's the case! Hats off to our coaching setup which continues to improve and evolve everyone in the squad.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3718 on: December 22, 2019, 04:30:37 pm »
Just get a haircut Ally

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3719 on: December 22, 2019, 04:32:46 pm »
The GK Union  ;D