Author Topic: The Jurgen Klopp Draft - Discussion thread  (Read 10532 times)

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Jurgen Klopp Draft - Sign-up in here
« Reply #40 on: March 15, 2024, 06:29:12 am »
One thing to think about before we kick off on Monday -

Do we make it so people can nominate their picks for multiple categories which keeps options open, or have to decide on only one category and therefore no flexibility to change them later.

e.g. King Kenny could be picked as [1], [7], [10] and probably a few others.

Last time we did this we allowed multi-categories. I don't mind what people prefer.

I’d go with sticking with categories.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #41 on: March 15, 2024, 11:54:19 am »
Any room for one more?

There's always room. Welcome, mate  :)

Lastrador confirmed they're in over PM too. So we're at 17 now. I'll leave it a couple of days more in case anyone else wants to jump in. Othewise draft order will go up over the weekend with Monday the start day.

I’d go with sticking with categories.

Sorry, not sure if I explained it right. Both ways you would stick with whatever categories you nominated the players for when you picked them. Just in the second scenario you could nominate multiple ones to give yourself flexibility as you cross all of them out. But you couldn't retrospectively change those categories.

The first option is simpler to follow (and easier for me to keep track of), so fine with me to go with that if that's the preferred line. Second way is more tactical and forgiving for not being stuck down positional cul-de-sacs.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 11:56:22 am by Betty Blue »
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Air Jota

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #42 on: March 15, 2024, 12:34:23 pm »
Thank you! Im sure I'll do terribly

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: March 15, 2024, 03:12:09 pm »
Balls deep?

You took both the red and blue pill didn't you?

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2024, 11:47:39 pm »
One thing to think about before we kick off on Monday -

Do we make it so people can nominate their picks for multiple categories which keeps options open, or have to decide on only one category and therefore no flexibility to change them later.

e.g. King Kenny could be picked as [1], [7], [10] and probably a few others.

Last time we did this we allowed multi-categories. I don't mind what people prefer.

Never been a fan of swapping and changing, BB. Category should be posted along with pick and stay as such. The coulda, woulda, shoulda, bleating is all part of the game. Great draft btw. I'm loving the goal celebrations category...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/31poTBZUxXc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/31poTBZUxXc</a>
« Last Edit: March 16, 2024, 11:49:42 pm by vivabobbygraham »
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2024, 01:11:39 am »
Me and Prof have been stratergising for days now. You ain;t ready...

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2024, 10:01:47 am »
Looks like we've peaked at 17 drafters. Assuming no-one else wants to jump on board, I'll draw the order up after the United game. Hopefully we're all in a good mood by then. Official start time will be Monday though.

Never been a fan of swapping and changing, BB. Category should be posted along with pick and stay as such. The coulda, woulda, shoulda, bleating is all part of the game. Great draft btw. I'm loving the goal celebrations category...

Nice one. Makes my life 10,000 times easier. So we'll go with the sole category picks.

Looking forward to seeing what goal celebrations people dredge up  :)
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2024, 06:54:32 pm »
GET THIS SHIT UP BETTS!

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2024, 08:35:50 pm »
GET THIS SHIT UP BETTS!

On it! I think this draft may have come at the perfect time

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: The Jurgen Klopp Draft - Discussion thread
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2024, 08:55:33 pm »

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2024, 09:06:55 pm »
Robbie to kick things off whenever he's ready. Clock starts at 9am UK time on Monday. Two hours per pick. We like to say that everybody gets their first pick (even if they go awol), but we should probably have like a 5 hours cut off so it doesn't kill all momentum.

Newbie note: DO NOT PICK A GOALKEEPER in the first few rounds.

General note: I've made one small tweak to category [9] A player who has appeared in a TV advert, but NOT for Pepsi, Coca-Cola, or any sports brand (including Fifa, PES etc). They must also be doing something other than playing football. Please provide video, GIF or picture evidence.

Kind of the point of this category is to find ridiculous ads and the ones where they just play footy/use stock footage are a bit dull. So this closes that loophole.

Also, a reminder that all these players are banned:

Messi
Ronaldo
Maradona
Pelé
Cruyff
Best
Garrincha
Beckenbauer
Zidane
Matthaus
C. Ronaldo
Eusebio
Ronaldinho
G. Muller
Di Stefano
Puskas
Xavi
Zico
Platini
M. Laudrup

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2024, 10:28:28 pm »
I don't think Garrincha should be banned Betts. This is against the draft treaty signed by blood during the golden age.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2024, 10:48:57 pm »
I don't think Garrincha should be banned Betts. This is against the draft treaty signed by blood during the golden age.

No no, that was Prof's favourite player ever Yevhen Konoplyanka.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #53 on: March 18, 2024, 01:51:13 am »
 ;D

Me and Prof played a blinder during that transfer window, convincing the lads on there that Prof was his early trainer and mentor.  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #54 on: March 18, 2024, 12:11:36 pm »
Feels like we might have to pause for today. The first 4 drafters in line haven't been on RAWK since yesterday and there's not even been a murmur of complaint about the draft order today. Maybe everyone just needs a break from thinking about footy.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #55 on: March 18, 2024, 12:15:17 pm »
Think I might have to drop out of this one, I'm swamped at work and I dunno if I'll have time for it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #56 on: March 18, 2024, 12:23:02 pm »
Think I might have to drop out of this one, I'm swamped at work and I dunno if I'll have time for it.

It's because I drew you near the bottom of the order wasn't it.

Doing slightly more relaxed two hour pick deadlines if that helps btw.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #57 on: March 18, 2024, 12:26:15 pm »
On another note, does anyone know whether you need a minimum number of posts to receive PMs? Because I got a notification that I can't send one to newbie Air Jota last night. Otherwise I guess he's somehow been banned/muted since signing up  :-X

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #58 on: March 18, 2024, 12:42:47 pm »
Are we saying tomorrow, or moving to the 5th place drafter?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #59 on: March 18, 2024, 12:52:18 pm »
Are we saying tomorrow, or moving to the 5th place drafter?

We'll wait for now. We tend to make sure everyone gets their first pick in these. Hopefully a few resurface by the evening.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #60 on: March 18, 2024, 12:54:35 pm »
It's because I drew you near the bottom of the order wasn't it.

Doing slightly more relaxed two hour pick deadlines if that helps btw.

;D

I think I'm just going to be way too busy and this one needs a little more research than usual.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2024, 01:03:22 pm »
;D

I think I'm just going to be way too busy and this one needs a little more research than usual.

Fair, it definitely involves a bit of extra research in some categories. I actually created a crib sheet for newbies, which I'll post soon in case that helps. But otherwise no worries, mate.

If Air Jota is gone too, then that means we're down to 15 drafters. So if anyone's watching who wants a distraction then  :wave

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2024, 01:27:30 pm »
Ultimate Draft Research guide (mostly for the newbies) -

Most important of all: Do not draft a goalie early

[1] CL finals

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1977_European_Cup_final
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978_European_Cup_final
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1981_European_Cup_final
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_European_Cup_final
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2005_UEFA_Champions_League_final
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2019_UEFA_Champions_League_final

[2] blond German

Google images is your friend: "player name" + "blond" or just look up squad pictures of German world cup teams

[3] No. 19

International tournament squads are very handy. e.g. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UEFA_Euro_1996_squads

You can search by squad numbers for specific clubs/nations on transfermarkt too - https://www.transfermarkt.com/england/rueckennummern/verein/3299

Failing that there's trusty google images.

Don't forget, you also need a picture as proof they actually wore the shirt in match

[4] Height OR Birth Year

This one mainly involves Wiki-ing random footballers you think might be tall, but for the birth year you can also search pretty effectively via International tournament squads as above. Try googling footballers over xx height as well. Though be careful as some of the sources are inaccurate. Wiki is always our main source here.

[5] Klopp teams

I mean, if you don't know this then you probably shouldn't be in this draft. Dibs on the Mainz players.

[6] iconic goal celebration

Loads of youtube comps out there. I'll be pretty lenient here too, just as long as it's not something incredible droll and unmemorable. But just as example, Kenny's simple two arms in the air is iconic in my mind. Loads more Liverpool ones we should all remember too.

[7] 325+

Hot tip: Defenders and goalies tend not to switch clubs as much as forwards.

One club men is another good search avenue. Wiki here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_one-club_men_in_association_football

[8] Sacchi

If you search him via transfermarkt and navigate to players used, you'll find a list of every player he has managed.

[9] ad

This one is mostly luck. Youtube your favourite players and hope you find an advert with them in it. Loads can be found with other drinks companies or banks or cars etc. Surprisingly there are some all time great players who appear to be in no ads at all, but there are loads more who have been in plenty. Bonus points to whoever finds the weirdest one.

[10] manage and play

There are some very obvious ones you should know, but also a lot of surprising ones. Wiki is your friend. You can also google it and find plenty of useful lists.

[11] Heavy Metal

Think about what players Klopp likes or fit his system. This round is almost a gimme. Just don't pick Le Tissier and you'll be grand.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2024, 01:32:20 pm »
Why didn't you ask me for input for newbies mate?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2024, 02:46:55 pm »
Why didn't you ask me for input for newbies mate?

Whatever happened to that poster Samie the Red? He was one of my favourite newbies

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: March 18, 2024, 03:49:07 pm »
Some say he was reborn, I'd like to think he's at the bottom of the ocean.

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: March 18, 2024, 05:17:10 pm »
Feels like we might have to pause for today. The first 4 drafters in line haven't been on RAWK since yesterday and there's not even been a murmur of complaint about the draft order today. Maybe everyone just needs a break from thinking about footy.
on hols but will pick . Just need to get my head around rules

What did we agree on selecting a category of more than one? Yay or nay ?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: March 18, 2024, 05:20:12 pm »
on hols but will pick . Just need to get my head around rules

What did we agree on selecting a category of more than one? Yay or nay ?

Pick your cat for your pick and that's that. So if you pick Harry Maguire for #11 you can't also say #4 as well, you pick #4 or #11.

(sorry for ruining your pick Robbie).

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: March 18, 2024, 05:21:53 pm »
Cheers Draex

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: March 18, 2024, 05:27:45 pm »
Robbie, when will it end? You are an experienced drafter now.

Draft Before Family

Draft Before Work

Draft Before Sex

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: March 18, 2024, 05:29:36 pm »
I know Samie I should know better 😄

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #71 on: March 18, 2024, 05:33:58 pm »
Haha good find that, Robbie

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/BK_XVLMaZIc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/BK_XVLMaZIc</a>

This also made me realise a small advert rule tweak is needed. Once an ad is used, it can't be used by another drafter. So basically no copying off another drafter's homework! But the same brand can be used of course.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: March 18, 2024, 05:39:00 pm »
Robbie, when will it end? You are an experienced drafter now.

Draft Before Family

Draft Before Work

Draft Before Sex

Tell that to tubby.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #73 on: March 18, 2024, 05:44:13 pm »
Will be about for my pick at around 20:00, 20:30, shouldn’t be any later than that, if we get through the other picks before then.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #74 on: March 18, 2024, 05:48:38 pm »
Tell that to tubby.

As if Tubby is really leaving us. By the time it gets to his pick, he'll have a full spreadsheet ready to go.

Will be about for my pick at around 20:00, 20:30, shouldn’t be any later than that, if we get through the other picks before then.

Hmmm, I'll be impressed if even one more pick is made this evening.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2024, 05:50:47 pm by Betty Blue »

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2024, 07:50:22 pm »
Just in the door. Can I go?

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2024, 07:55:52 pm »
Just in the door. Can I go?

We're giving people a day's grace after yesterday. Hopefully Musk will be along soon though.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2024, 08:06:06 pm »
Sound. And thanks for the crib sheet. Not angry with tubby for bailing just disappointed, particularly with the excuse. His teams have never given me the impression they were well researched tbf. I'll miss our bonhomie

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2024, 09:47:47 pm »
Evreyone does research old man, even i do it.  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2024, 10:01:51 pm »
One whole pick. What a day.

Think we should move on if Musk isn't with us by morning