Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: Mohamed Salah - Best in the World *
« Last post by Dougle on Today at 02:39:21 pm »
Edwards offering Salah an extension does not mean that it would be a great offer. Maybe he will get a contract reflecting his current or expected future status as a player. And if Mo doesnt accept, would Edwards say no to offers from the saudis ?

Who's to say Mo would go if Edwards wants him out (i.e the money ?). The Saudi league is a nothing league, somewhere between a circus and a retirement home. That's the end of any meaningful football beyond playing for a perennially underachieving Egyptian national team.
No way Mo goes there next season. Maybe in 2 or 3 years time, maybe... In my opinion (as a know-it-all).
At least we should be able to enjoy what is left of the CL and Europa league ties.
Think i saw its Taylor reffing and another 'great' ref on VAR for the PSG semi final......so enjoyment might be a stretch
« Last post by Egyptian36 on Today at 02:38:09 pm »
Who else is to blame, if isn't the players. The team were in a great position and have fell apart over the last few weeks. The players are to blame, it's not scapegoating.

The blame is on everyone. The players, the manager to the club who failed to add a top DM since Tchouameni rejected us to to go to Real. Injuries didn't help too.
I just think that this whole club and team is dangerously in Jurgens image now.
It's massively optimistic to think that you remove him and we're still naturally going to be in the top four teams, no matter the squad, or the manager. We have no idea how many of those players are playing at their level mainly for him and his coaching staff. Yes, it's a great place to start off, compared to a lot of new managers squads, but it might take us a while to remove the Klopp backpack.
« Last post by Black Bull Nova on Today at 02:37:42 pm »
Hmmmm.

Yeah.

I'm sure he is.

This is a game of poker and you offer Mo a "not that brilliant" contract extension.

See what happens next 👀.

Yeah, the offer will be based on what he will be worth, not what he was worth. It all comes down to how much Mo feels he is worth. If there is agreement, OK, if not it's up to Mo, if he feels he is worth more to others and fancies a change then he'll go.

I want him to stay as long as he wants to stay (for more reasons than just money)
The Boozer / Re: Struggling with depression
« Last post by Keith Lard on Today at 02:37:16 pm »
My God this has been a hard few days. I have a horrendous family situation - wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. I have so much sympathy for someone that is dealing with someone you used to love that has flipped and became an emotional and financial abuser. It can take a person to a very bad place and make you feel so trapped and in despair. Never felt so abandoned, misunderstood and alone in the world as I have recently. That someone you loved could stab you in the back and twist the knife so hard is possible … beyond words. Hope i get through the other end in one piece because I’m not feeling well these days. I put on a brave face but cry inside every day.

I have now learnt that there  are so many souls walking around every day that are going through stuff you’d never imagine, putting on the clown face. I know I do. And I hate to share and bring people down. So I internalise, like so many people do.

Wishing everyone strength in this thread.
« Last post by Barryg21 on Today at 02:36:55 pm »
It makes zero sense for Mo to accept a new deal on a lower salary

Say the new deal is 200k a week for 3 yrs. Thats 30M
If he doesn't sign, he gets 15M this yr on his current deal, and next summer can get a sign-on for 50M?
Which is less than Saudi would pay us for transfer fee, so they are quids in
And thats before he gets his Saudi wage as well !!

Ticket and Travel Info / Re: Members Sales
« Last post by RainbowFlick on Today at 02:36:02 pm »
Is it still the case where you don’t lose the credit if you Distribute?

on your first two uses of it, assuming you're an existing 13+ member
General Football and Sport / Re: Arsenal: Top of the divers league
« Last post by Cusamano on Today at 02:34:46 pm »
Sorry, but that's nonsense.

Agreed

Saliba, Gabriel, Saka and Martinelli are all top players

Salah should have many more in his defence  ;)

Same could be said the other way around though  :-X
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10