Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10
Reeks of Mourinho im afraid.

Yeah, the suits are defo appointing a manager who begs for transfers after every bad result for a club that likes as little transfers as possible.
The “unpopular” comment does very much smell like Mourinho. Might be that he lives near Fulham, but quite telling he was watching us.

We aren't hiring Mourinho FFS.

The unpopular comment was simply that we might not hire the person most fans want. Not that we're going to scorch the Earth.
Interim manager for a year and then try for Alonso again next year?

So who is currently out of a job and who has won almost everything?
Liverpool FC Forum / Re: The Title Race 2023/24- Jurgen's Last Dance
« Last post by downtown on Today at 10:50:03 am »
Feels like Arsenal really need to drop some points either tonight or on Sunday. I fear that if they win the next 2, they'll win out which means no chance of us catching them on GD regardless of how City does.

For the love of god, I really want them to concede once for once and all. Also, be interesting how PGMOL will treat Forest in their next match at home vs. City. City will have fewer than 72 hours to prepare for the match after a night at Brighton, and Forest will have this us vs. world mentality.

In hindsight, even a bloody draw vs. Palace would have made the world of difference:
- No longer caring about Arsenal's results
- Needing City to draw in a game, not necessarily lose (draw now possible, but will be tight re: GD)

Personally think the picture will be much clearer by end of Sunday night. Just gotta grab our 6 points (and maybe boost the GD by +4) and hope for the best.
Gaming Board for consoles, PC & mobile / Re: Hades II
« Last post by emergency exit on Today at 10:49:34 am »
Sounds good I'll watch that later, loved Hades although never managed to finish it.

Did you ever activate God mode? Basically, it gives you +2% damage resistance after each time you die. Which enables you to progress further and further till it hits the sweet spot where the difficulty level exactly matches your skill.

I found that very helpful to clear my first few runs and progress with the story. Basically, the story "goes up a notch" after your 1st and your 10th clear respectively, and even then there's still a big epilogue with the "true ending" left to play for. I think I had about 160 clears by the time I layed Hades I to rest.

By the way, for anyone who's familiar with the first Hades, here's a good video summary of where Hades II picks up, what's new etc.:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eFcwUpFLWt0
Where you saying that when we beat Spurs to the CL for a handball that "didn't prevent a goal potentially being scored"  as you could easily argue that cross could be classed as that ;)

Honestly, how do you judge it?  If a cross from out wide gets blocked, you can't really work out its trajectory, whether it was going to go close to a player or not, etc - so would you always say no?

The starting point for me would be an indirect free-kick. You would then have to find evidence that it should be a penalty, rather than finding evidence that it shouldn't be. If for example a cross is played in and there is just a completely unmarked player in the area then it's a penalty, but if it's a crowded box then it's an indirect free-kick. It's not too dissimilar to DOGSO.

It's obviously not a perfect situation, but the current handball law is just a joke.

And an indirect free-kick is still a decent goal scoring opportunity, it's not like you're getting nothing for it.
The “unpopular” comment does very much smell like Mourinho. Might be that he lives near Fulham, but quite telling he was watching us.
This is why I wouldn't count out Amorim just yet, his record at Sporting, shows winning against better
funded opponents and developing young players; maybe his agent is just dicking around for more money.
when was Ornstin last wrong with his exclusives?

Very reliable & consistent that Amorim was just one of many candidates.
Edwards was perhaps something he was off but he id not return as DoF he said he would only go back for a bigger role which he did.
Bang on about Konate & other exclusives too
Just give AI the ' Success has many fathers' banner and tell it to come up with a new manager. Nimps!
April 23rd

1969 – Larry Lloyd joined from hometown club Bristol Rovers for a fee of £50,000. He is one of a rare breed to leave Anfield in his prime, and go on to better things – helping Nottingham Forest to two European Cups, one League title, League Cup and FA Charity Shield. He had won League and UEFA Cup medals, appearing 218 times and notching five times. He was sold to Coventry City for £240,000 in August 1974.

1977 - We drew 2-2 with Everton in our FA Cup Semi-final encounter at Maine Road, with Terry McDermott and Jimmy Case twice putting us in front, before levellers from Duncan McKenzie and Bruce Rioch. Terry Mac’s goal was later named as the BBC’s Goal of the Season, while Evertonians still protest over Clive Thomas disallowing Bryan Hamilton’s last-gasp ‘winner’. We won the replay at the same venue four days later, although we lost the Final at Wembley to Manchester United

1983 – We edged closer to the championship despite losing 2-0 at home to Norwich City, as they became the first side to take all six points off us after the introduction of three points for a win. Mark Lawrenson put through his own net before Martin O’Neill doubled the visitors’ lead from distance. Bob Paisley had received his 21st Bell’s managerial award prior to kick-off.

1988 - We secured our seventeenth League title with four more games remaining, as a curling Peter Beardsley strike was enough to defeat Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield. This was our ninth championship in the space of thirteen years.

1991 - We beat Crystal Palace 3-0 at Anfield. Ian Rush scored his 300th competitive club goal in 532 games for Chester, Juventus and Liverpool, while John Barnes also struck before a late own goal from Eddie McGoldrick.

2011 – Maxi Rodríguez bagged a treble as we thumped Birmingham City 5-0 at Anfield, with Dirk Kuyt netting for the seventh time in nine games and Joe Cole adding a late fifth.

2016 – Daniel Sturridge and Adam Lallana struck inside half an hour against Newcastle United but we were pegged back after the break by Pap iss Cissé and Jack Colback to draw 2-2 with Rafael Benítez’s Newcastle side.

2017 - Crystal Palace won at Anfield for the third consecutive season, despite Phillipe Coutinho giving us the lead. Ex-red Christian Benteke bagged a brace, the most recent of his seven goals past us to date.

1969- unfortunately Larry passed away recently

1977- Might have worked for us, but Clive Thomas was a right dick, controversially disallowed a legit goal, older Evertonians still curse him

1983- A very strange end to the season, as we lost 5 and drew 2 of our last 7 but still won the title easily.

1988- A draw was all that was needed but a win over spurs brought home title number 17, party time. Posters of this were in my house for years including Steve McMahon pouring a can of budweiser over Peter Beardsley

1991- Fantastic goal by Ian Rush, sadly we remained 3 points behind Arsenal who beat QPR that night

2011- A fine sunny Saturday, we were in belting form and soon after Kenny Dalglish got a full time contract

2016- A crap result, earlier that day it was confirmed Mamadou Sakho would miss the rest of the season as the club decided to leave him out when word came through he had failed a drugs test, it transpired earlier in the season Sakho was using slimming pills which contained a certain substance, however his name was eventually cleared but as a result he missed the Europa league final and the european championships for France in the summer. Sakho never played for the club again, the following season his unprofessional carry on in pre season saw him sent home from a tour and he later stupidly vented his anger on social media for not playing more. Klopp had enough

2017- This would be our last league defeat at Anfield for over 3 years, until Burnley won 1-0 at Anfield in early 2021, sensationally that would begin a run of 6 straight home defeats (Man City, Brighton, Everton, Fulham and Chelsea, not in that order)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 ... 10