Author Topic: Oasis...Fans ...in ....here.  (Read 181545 times)

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Oasis...Fans ...in ....here.
« Reply #240 on: June 28, 2008, 03:44:16 pm »
Just finished listening to Be Here Now for the first time in ages, and it struck me just how good Liam's voice was back then. The way he performs "My Big Mouth" both live and on the album is absolutely superb and i'd say that's when he was at his best. His voice has been on a downward spiral since then imo.

Offline Djibriliant

• Last of the Great Romantics. All-year-round-twattish-dresser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's Friday theeeeen, Saturday Sunday WHAT!?
« Reply #241 on: June 28, 2008, 10:27:58 pm »
Just finished listening to Be Here Now for the first time in ages, and it struck me just how good Liam's voice was back then. The way he performs "My Big Mouth" both live and on the album is absolutely superb and i'd say that's when he was at his best. His voice has been on a downward spiral since then imo.
Yeh it is a well known fact that his voice is not as good as it was, and it will never be as good again, which is why I think they will struggle with a song like the Be Here Now album
He wasn't perfect, he made mistakes. But he was genuine. He had the best interests of the club at heart, and gave us a plethora of successful teams that we should have been thankful for.

Offline djibril

• wishes he had chosen a better username
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #242 on: July 2, 2008, 10:32:21 am »
First interview regarding Dig Out Your Soul in this months Mojo.  New titles revealed:  Bag It Up (Noel-opener), Soldier On (Liam-closer) and Out Of Time (Liam-think this is old track Guess I'm Out Of Time).

Scans taken from stoptheclocks.org forum

Edit: the scans are too big.  What do you call that site that hosts pics?
"If we want no criticism then we must work harder to ensure we don't deserve it" - Rafael Benitez

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: July 2, 2008, 10:33:54 am »
First interview regarding Dig Out Your Soul in this months Mojo.  New titles revealed:  Bag It Up (Noel-opener), Soldier On (Liam-closer) and Out Of Time (Liam-think this is old track Guess I'm Out Of Time).

Scans taken from stoptheclocks.org forum

Edit: the scans are too big.  What do you call that site that hosts pics?

www.imageshack.us :)

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #244 on: July 2, 2008, 10:34:54 am »
www.imageshack.us :)

Never mind, cant access ImageShack in work.

Heres the link to the thread in the stoptheclocks forum

http://www.stoptheclocks.org/showthread.php?t=4585&page=3
"If we want no criticism then we must work harder to ensure we don't deserve it" - Rafael Benitez

Offline hansen6

• RAWK Scientific Officer, 1687-1905
  • Legacy Fan
  • Must post more
« Reply #245 on: July 2, 2008, 10:48:06 am »
The Pretty Things doing Strawberry Fields Forever, the Doors doing John Lennon, and the Stooges doing Fools Gold.  Interesting - although I wish Noel would stop giving the critics ammunition to accuse him of thieving.  Yes, he does borrow but who doesnt??
That's all they do though, just a cover band imo.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: July 2, 2008, 10:49:29 pm »
That's all they do though, just a cover band imo.

Such a lazy, lazy and overused criticism...

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #247 on: July 2, 2008, 10:51:04 pm »
Such a lazy, lazy and overused criticism...
defo,

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #248 on: July 2, 2008, 11:19:48 pm »
Has anyone got any mp3's of rare b sides from Oasis ? Can't get hold of Boneheads bankholiday or Noel singing Hide your love away. I had both of these on my old cassettes but they long since become defunct.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline adopted_scouser

• Whooooosssshhh!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • I don't like cats.
« Reply #249 on: July 3, 2008, 12:27:21 am »
My mate saw the Gallaghers in Liverpool the other night :D

He didn't remember where, but sent me a photo on his phone of him with them, wasted ;D
She keeps getting texts off him saying "Oh please take me back, I love you and I'm still not over you". We read them together naked and then we laugh about it. Then she blows me off.

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #250 on: July 4, 2008, 03:06:53 pm »

8)

Noel was on 5 Live earlier, giving an interview after receiving the silver clef award.

spoke a bit about the whole Jay Z kerfuffle, he said he likes Jay Z but he just questioned whether he should play Glastonbury and it was blown out of all proportion.

then he said from now on he's just going to act like a pop star and just say 'he/she/they're amazing/lovely/wonderful'.

then he answered every question by saying 'yes, it's just so amazing'.

;D

hopefully ther'll be more interviews and more album details from this award show thingy
« Last Edit: July 4, 2008, 03:11:23 pm by Live4pool »
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline FinnishRed

• Frog in a liquidiser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities...
« Reply #251 on: July 5, 2008, 07:49:44 pm »
What was the Jay Z kerfuffle?

Offline alonsoisared

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: July 5, 2008, 11:12:50 pm »
From wiki-

Jay-Z & Glastonbury
Noel Gallagher blasted the organizers of the Glastonbury Festival for scheduling Jay-Z as a headliner for the traditionally guitar-driven festival:

"If it ain't broke don't fix it. If you start to break it then people aren't going to go. I'm sorry, but Jay-Z? No chance. Glastonbury has a tradition of guitar music and even when they throw the odd curve ball in on a Sunday night you go 'Kylie Minogue?' I don't know about it. But I'm not having hip-hop at Glastonbury. It's wrong."[52]

Jay-Z headlining at Glastonbury has been an ongoing story, with artists, promoters and fans weighing in on both the positive and negative side. Usher has commented saying:

"It really shocked me that he said that. Jay-Z is an incredible artist and headliner. I saw him perform at the Hollywood Bowl in LA, and you're not getting better than that. He should give someone else a chance. He needn’t have said that and I was disappointed he did."[53]

Emily Eavis, the organizer of England's famed Glastonbury music festival, also said she is honored U.S. hip-hop artist Jay-Z is headlining the event saying:

"He is absolutely the right act for our festival," she said. "There is no reason why we should not have the greatest living hip-hop artist on at Glastonbury."[54]

Eavis also cited that Jay-Z is far from the first hip-hop artist to appear at Glastonbury. The Roots, Cypress Hill, and De La Soul have all performed at the Glastonbury Festival.

Recently Jay-Z responded to this controversy saying the following:

"We don't play guitars, Noel, but hip-hop has put in its work like any other form of music. This headline show is just a natural progression. Rap music is still evolving. From Afrika Bambaataa DJ-ing in the Bronx and Run DMC going platinum, to Jazzy Jeff and The Fresh Prince winning the first rap Grammy, I'm just next in the line. We have to respect each other's genre of music and move forward." [55]

Jay-Z opened his headline set at Glastonbury with a video montage of Noel Gallaghers comments, and other world controversies. He then came on stage, complete with a guitar slung on his chest, and covered "Wonderwall", one of Oasis's greatest hits, before shouting to the crowd "I just got one thing to say..." before launching into "99 Problems" which integrated the AC/DC song "Back In Black".

Offline FinnishRed

• Frog in a liquidiser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities...
« Reply #253 on: July 6, 2008, 08:01:50 am »
Jay-Z opened his headline set at Glastonbury with a video montage of Noel Gallaghers comments, and other world controversies. He then came on stage, complete with a guitar slung on his chest, and covered "Wonderwall", one of Oasis's greatest hits, before shouting to the crowd "I just got one thing to say..." before launching into "99 Problems" which integrated the AC/DC song "Back In Black".

Haha good stuff Jay Z.

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #254 on: July 7, 2008, 09:05:19 pm »
Loving this:

http://oasismind.blogspot.com/2008/06/whats-story-morning-glory-en-sacd.html

Click the 3 download links, they take a while to download but theyre worth it - especially if you're a fan.  I'm no technical expert or anything so dont know what SACD is, but what you get is a split of each song on WTSMG with vocals, drums, guitars etc isolated (6 files for each song).

I'm still working my way through it myself but I'm especially loving the bass only Hello

Offline Des Lynam

• Left at half-time
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hi, Des here.
« Reply #255 on: July 8, 2008, 01:13:24 am »
Interesting.  Can you confirm that?

Yeah, a mate of a mate is drummin for him. (Solo stuff)
« Last Edit: July 8, 2008, 01:15:45 am by Des Lynam »
I should have been at work. Make of that what you will.

Offline AndoNagasaki

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • the devil makes good use for these hands of mine
« Reply #256 on: July 9, 2008, 05:19:38 pm »
And here's a clip when Andy Bell was in a proper band   :wave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0S3Sd2W_B8
the trouble with the straight and the narrow is it's so thin I keep sliding off to the side

Offline Rozzer

• Anny Roader
  • There is a light, that never goes out
« Reply #257 on: July 9, 2008, 06:01:03 pm »
And here's a clip when Andy Bell was in a proper band   :wave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0S3Sd2W_B8

Hurricane no 1  ;)
SOS Member

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #258 on: July 9, 2008, 07:12:56 pm »
This tracklist appeared on a French music website today and was subsequently removed within hours from the site and the official Oasis site.  Must be the one:

Dig Out Your Soul Track List :

1.Bag It Up
2. The Turning
3. Waiting for the Rapture
4.The Shock of the Lightning
5. I'm Outta Time
6. (Get Off Your) High Horse Lady
7. Falling Down
8. To be Where There's Life
9. Ain't Got Nothin'
10. The Nature of Reality
11. Soldier On

After an absence of three years, the band from Manchester presents its seventh album. The English press has not lied by presenting the latest Oasis as an excellent album.

Dig Out Your Soul is a treasure trove of music and is undoubtedly the best studio album of the duo. Liam Gallagher said would compose songs out of the usual construction and moving towards a new sound. It's done!

The progression of pieces is very consistent. From the raw energy of the first titles to the more sophisticated pieces of the end, the auditor discovers new sounds by Oasis stages as if the group wanted to guide him throughout the hearing. The Gallagher brothers put aside their sound British pop music to focus on a sound much more rock,sometimes folk. And it's very heavy, especially the track (Get Off Your) High Horse Lady.

Never in excess, the rockers introduce arrangements of all kinds with the precision of a goldsmith. In addition, the drumming holds a prominent place in pieces and provides real effectiveness in securities.

The fans like refractory find themselves on an album of great quality.

Offline Circa1892

• Real Madrid 0 - 1 Liverpool - Parc des Princes, 27th May 1981 Remember?... About as intimidating as Bambi.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: July 9, 2008, 10:56:00 pm »
I really hope Ain't Got Nothin' hasn't made it on.

To all intents and purposes it's a Heathen Chemistry leftover, and just a bit average really. Meaning of Soul's poor relation.

I'd also be very disappointed not to have Stop The Clocks OR Record Machine on there.

Offline Carras Left Foot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: July 9, 2008, 11:30:41 pm »
STC is rumored to be a bonus track...

Canadian radio is playing 'Falling Down' on Friday.

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #261 on: July 10, 2008, 10:40:26 am »
STC is rumored to be a bonus track...

Canadian radio is playing 'Falling Down' on Friday.

If its half as good as the film we're in for a treat

Offline Live4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: July 11, 2008, 06:34:22 pm »
a chemical brothers remix of one of the new album tracks 'Falling Down' is on www.stoptheclocks.org in the news section, it's also on youtube. cant post the links/url's cos im on the ps3
We are the music makers and we are the dreamers of dreams.

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #263 on: July 11, 2008, 08:11:55 pm »
a chemical brothers remix of one of the new album tracks 'Falling Down' is on www.stoptheclocks.org in the news section, it's also on youtube. cant post the links/url's cos im on the ps3

And theres a Canadian radio station playing it at 10pm UK time here:

http://www.edge.ca/index.aspx

Hopefully the album version - not really into remixes.  EDIT:  theyre playing the same version.

I think its all a marketing ploy to create confusion ahead of the album so no-one knows what to expect.  Its been finished for months now and theyve been very quiet about the whole thing (very un-Noel and Liam like!).  The expectation will build with the confusion up to the release in October (assuming no leak in the next few weeks!)
« Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 08:29:11 pm by djibril »

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #264 on: July 11, 2008, 10:00:31 pm »
Haven't got broadband out here in the sticks but hoping someone will be providing feedback on this...!

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #265 on: July 11, 2008, 10:04:38 pm »
Haven't got broadband out here in the sticks but hoping someone will be providing feedback on this...!

You can download here jack

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=120M6CB4

Its on youtube now too I think.  Definitely just a Chemical Brothers remix though.

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: July 11, 2008, 11:13:30 pm »
That's....a surprise!

I'd be very surprised if that was anything like the song on the final album though, Interesting to note the fact one of the main lyrics has "setting sun" in it though, sort of a homage to a past Noel Gallagher/Chemical Bros collaboration...

I kinda dig it, but in a bizarre, bizarre way...

Offline Matt S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • MattShaw
« Reply #267 on: July 12, 2008, 04:03:19 pm »
sounds a bit like coldplay actually. Very un-oasis I think. I dont think the album version will sound like this. It's probably just the vocal track.

Offline Carras Left Foot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: July 12, 2008, 09:35:26 pm »
Falling Down is fucking boss

Noels vocal is fantastic, spell binding if you will....

I love the remix so fuck knows how much I'll love the album version

Offline Circa1892

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: July 13, 2008, 07:47:36 pm »

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #270 on: July 14, 2008, 04:23:29 pm »

Dig Out Your Soul Track List :

1.Bag It Up
2. The Turning
3. Waiting for the Rapture
4.The Shock of the Lightning
5. I'm Outta Time
6. (Get Off Your) High Horse Lady
7. Falling Down
8. To be Where There's Life
9. Ain't Got Nothin'
10. The Nature of Reality
11. Soldier On

Above tracklisting has officially been confirmed today.  And the artwork:

Offline FinnishRed

• Frog in a liquidiser.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities...
« Reply #271 on: July 14, 2008, 04:33:09 pm »
Interesting cover. Should I say a bit Revolveresque, or a bit Sgt Pepperesque.

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #272 on: July 14, 2008, 05:47:28 pm »

Offline Macca_68

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #273 on: July 14, 2008, 08:04:00 pm »
Interesting cover. Should I say a bit Revolveresque, or a bit Sgt Pepperesque.

Thought the same thing 1st thing I noticed was the COME IN COME OUT is a La's B side Noel has admitted his like for them in the past might be nothing but anyone else spot anything influential from other bands on there?

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #274 on: July 14, 2008, 10:23:47 pm »
I should be banned from this thread... but had to give a heads up

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Oasis-Definitely-Maybe-V-RARE-YELLOW-VINYL-ALBUM_W0QQitemZ280244080367QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item280244080367&_trksid=p3911.m14.l1318#ebayphotohosting

I love my coloured vinyls me. He has one or two other bits on offer.

Offline cuppatea

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #275 on: July 15, 2008, 01:55:00 am »
The album cover looks like a cluttered mess to me.

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #276 on: July 15, 2008, 03:43:02 am »
I
Has anyone got any mp3's of rare b sides from Oasis ? Can't get hold of Boneheads bankholiday or Noel singing Hide your love away. I had both of these on my old cassettes but they long since become defunct.
I have got a few off these that are quite good, another good one is Help.

I am not in the country at the moment but when i get home i will try and up load them somewhere.

Offline Carras Left Foot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #277 on: July 15, 2008, 06:00:20 am »
Album cover looks boss

Offline sidneyroughdiamond

• Legacy Fan
  • There is a light that never goes out
« Reply #278 on: July 15, 2008, 10:03:08 am »
I I have got a few off these that are quite good, another good one is Help.

I am not in the country at the moment but when i get home i will try and up load them somewhere.

Muchas gracias hombre.
Well, this piece is called "Lick My Love Pump".

Offline djibril

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #279 on: July 30, 2008, 07:40:12 pm »
Another clip from The Shock Of The Lightning

http://www.sendspace.com/file/54c5ad

Really cant wait for this album.  The Shock Of The Lightning will be getting its radio premiere on August 15th.  Loving this clip of it.