Author Topic: Youth and Under 23 Thread  (Read 12307391 times)

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
Re: Youth and Under 23 Thread
« Reply #101720 on: July 17, 2020, 05:02:56 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/402251-jake-cain-signs-new-long-term-contract-with-liverpool-fc

Cain signs a new long term deal.

Pleased about this. He looks quality.

Great news, rate this lad highly.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Sinyoro

• Give the ball to Bobby and he will scyoro
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #101721 on: July 17, 2020, 10:43:58 pm »
Larouchi is a winger who is being converted into a left-back.

It doesn't work for everyone and I can't blame him for wanting to leave when he is being played out of what he thinks is his natural position.

Offline smurfinaus

• Legacy Fan
  • Hi Ho Hi Ho its off to <insert location> we go :P
« Reply #101722 on: July 18, 2020, 07:16:39 am »

It doesn't work for everyone and I can't blame him for wanting to leave when he is being played out of what he thinks is his natural position.

Isnt this like the second time we tried this?. Cant remember the other guys name... was a winger we tried to convert to be a LB....but he didnt fancy the defending side of the game?

Offline abhred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101723 on: July 18, 2020, 08:06:21 am »
Any thoughts on what kind of player Brewster is? Have seen only his goals, but not how he plays and his movement and build up. Pace? Dribbling? Vision?
It wouldn't be Liverpool if we didn't do it the hard way... ask Gareth Southgate.

Offline IanZG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101724 on: July 18, 2020, 08:28:18 am »
Isnt this like the second time we tried this?. Cant remember the other guys name... was a winger we tried to convert to be a LB....but he didnt fancy the defending side of the game?

Maybe Brad Smith? He played as a LB after leaving us so it's possible it's someone else. But it does make sense, wingers are very rarely used at the top level and left backs are hard to find. And if the winger can cross (which Brad Smith was great at, Larouci not so much from what I've seen), it makes them all the more dangerous.

Offline The Test

• 6'3" tall, very strong but also pretty quick seeks soulmate with GSOH. Priority given to Mormons.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Coutinho's cousins mates tennis partner
« Reply #101725 on: July 18, 2020, 08:46:56 am »

Stewart Downing?

Offline Tuco Ramírez

• Main Stander
« Reply #101726 on: July 18, 2020, 09:50:11 am »

Rafael Camacho, at right-back?   

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101727 on: July 18, 2020, 11:01:50 am »

Who has said that that is the reason why he wants to leave?

He's come on leaps and bounds as a player since being moved to LB by Barry Lewtas. He still has a lot to learn there, but if he hadn't changed position he wouldn't have come close to being involved with the first-team, never mind start a competitive game for Liverpool. I'd be amazed if anyone signs him to play as a winger given how much he's improved and developed at LB.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101728 on: July 18, 2020, 02:32:10 pm »
Who has said that that is the reason why he wants to leave?

He's come on leaps and bounds as a player since being moved to LB by Barry Lewtas. He still has a lot to learn there, but if he hadn't changed position he wouldn't have come close to being involved with the first-team, never mind start a competitive game for Liverpool. I'd be amazed if anyone signs him to play as a winger given how much he's improved and developed at LB.

I agree. I admit, I never quite understood the Camacho at RB experiment as he was a much more accomplished attacker in our youth ranks than Larouci. I wasn’t surprised he wanted to go elsewhere to find more opportunities in his favoured position.
Larouci on the other hand was converted to LB earlier in his development and was seeing more playing time as a result. My guess is just that he knows he’ll probably never be more than a bit part player here and wants to go somewhere where he might grow into a larger role.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101729 on: July 18, 2020, 02:33:53 pm »
Anyone know when the list of first year academy scholars will be released? The official site did an interview with the new u18s coach today so I would expect their operations are starting back up imminently.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101730 on: July 18, 2020, 02:36:33 pm »
Anyone know when the list of first year academy scholars will be released? The official site did an interview with the new u18s coach today so I would expect their operations are starting back up imminently.
They haven't released names for years. Usually the just add them to the academy team page early in the season

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101731 on: July 18, 2020, 03:42:02 pm »
They haven't released names for years. Usually the just add them to the academy team page early in the season
Ah cheers mate. Could’ve sworn there was a list last year but it’s equally possible the years are just starting to run together for me.
Looking forward to seeing the next wave anyway. Hope they are able to get going in earnest soon.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101732 on: July 20, 2020, 01:53:27 pm »
According to the official site Layton Stewart has just signed a new long-term contract, brilliant news. I'm really fascinated to see whether he will go into the u23's this season.

Layton Stewart signs new contract with Liverpool FC https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/402417-layton-stewart-signs-new-contract-with-liverpool-fc

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #101733 on: July 20, 2020, 03:01:14 pm »
Good news on Layton, he looks a real prospect.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0D4WYoYnbjU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0D4WYoYnbjU</a>

Watch the goal at 1.20 and tell me he doesn't remind you of Torres, their running style and control is really similar.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101734 on: July 20, 2020, 05:11:19 pm »

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0D4WYoYnbjU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0D4WYoYnbjU</a>

Watch the goal at 1.20 and tell me he doesn't remind you of Torres, their running style and control is really similar.

He scores all sorts of different types of goal a real natural goal scorer. He's scored against Everton at every age level so far as well, they hate the sight of him.  ;D  Trained with the first team quite a bit as well. 

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101735 on: July 20, 2020, 05:30:15 pm »

He even celebrates like him in the goal just before that.

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101736 on: July 20, 2020, 05:34:23 pm »
He does look a great prospect.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Glatzel this summer, whether we look to loan him out or let him build up his match fitness with us before a loan in January. If it's the latter, I'd like to see what a Glatzel/Stewart partnership could do in the under-23s. And if we play with a front three, I think Stewart could very effective cutting in from the left side.

I'm a big fan, really excited to see how we look to continue his development next season.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101737 on: July 20, 2020, 05:38:47 pm »
https://youtu.be/YFwpUG6zArg

There is a couple more really impressive goals in here, loved the one who he scored against Sunderland from a really acute angle, this also shows how easy he finds it to get past defenders has a good turn of pace. He also likes the looping over the keeper finishes as well.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101738 on: July 20, 2020, 05:45:28 pm »
Stewart is a top prospect. 

He is rapid a well. He's quicker than he looks.

I've high hopes for him

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101739 on: July 20, 2020, 05:47:47 pm »
Stewart is a top prospect. 

He is rapid a well. He's quicker than he looks.

I've high hopes for him

Reminds me of a young Torres, even celebrates like him.  ;D

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101740 on: July 20, 2020, 07:04:10 pm »
He does look a great prospect.

It will be interesting to see what happens with Glatzel this summer, whether we look to loan him out or let him build up his match fitness with us before a loan in January. If it's the latter, I'd like to see what a Glatzel/Stewart partnership could do in the under-23s. And if we play with a front three, I think Stewart could very effective cutting in from the left side.

I'm a big fan, really excited to see how we look to continue his development next season.

Glatzel and Stewart should be a brilliant partnership, I really hope Glaztel stays at the club to develop, he will need time

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101741 on: July 20, 2020, 07:24:04 pm »
Glatzel and Stewart should be a brilliant partnership, I really hope Glaztel stays at the club to develop, he will need time
That would be a nice partnership. Glatzel is an excellent facilitator as well as goal scorer so that could really benefit Stewart.
I do wonder though if Glatzel will have a similar path to Brewster coming off injury. Stay with the u23s until January then go out on loan to a League 1/championship side for senior experience. I think he’s got a shot if he regains his fitness and can kick on with a good loan.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 07:48:35 pm by NsRed »

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101742 on: July 21, 2020, 11:11:17 am »
That would be a nice partnership. Glatzel is an excellent facilitator as well as goal scorer so that could really benefit Stewart.
I do wonder though if Glatzel will have a similar path to Brewster coming off injury. Stay with the u23s until January then go out on loan to a League 1/championship side for senior experience. I think he’s got a shot if he regains his fitness and can kick on with a good loan.

He's very intelligent on the pitch and his attitude/work rate is spot on, as long as his physical capacities haven't diminished he's got a real chance, the only thing that concerns me about sending him on loan is him having to compete against physically stronger / shit house players, I don't want his confidence damaged by him playing for a shit team that hardly gets the ball or having lumps kicked out of him

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101743 on: July 22, 2020, 10:05:42 am »
I've liked what I've seen of Glatzel. Pretty sure Klopp said he'd do his rehab at Melwood and train with the first team when back just like Brewster? Can't see him going out on loan yet. Sure we'll build him up over the first half of the season training with the first team and playing games for the U23s and then take a view in January.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101744 on: July 23, 2020, 12:44:14 pm »
I've liked what I've seen of Glatzel. Pretty sure Klopp said he'd do his rehab at Melwood and train with the first team when back just like Brewster? Can't see him going out on loan yet. Sure we'll build him up over the first half of the season training with the first team and playing games for the U23s and then take a view in January.
Agreed, think he’s very talented and has a mature game. Hope he’s over his injury woes- he’s had a couple of long-termers already so it’s a tad concerning.

We’ve signed a young Polish forward named Mateusz Musialowski. Turns 17 in October when the deal will be ‘officially official’.

Online Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101745 on: July 23, 2020, 04:19:34 pm »
Brookwell has signed for Newcastle. Bit surprised at that unless it was his choice to leave

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101746 on: July 23, 2020, 05:37:00 pm »
We’ve signed a young Polish forward named Mateusz Musialowski. Turns 17 in October when the deal will be ‘officially official’.
Looks pretty good on the old youtube. Right skilful little tyke. Only a 4/10 for concentration though. Will need to sort that out sharpish.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/RrPvpncbZxM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/RrPvpncbZxM</a>

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #101747 on: July 23, 2020, 06:41:55 pm »
Hate compilation videos where the first minute is a bunch of bollocks I've no interest in, just skip to the highlights FFS.

He looks a talent though, not obvious from that video what his favoured foot is, low centre of gravity, dribbler, passer, he's almost... Messi-esque?

Yeah I said it.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #101748 on: July 23, 2020, 06:56:22 pm »
He’s so young I found YouTube of him at an under 10s tournament
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline scout94

• Kemlynite
« Reply #101749 on: July 23, 2020, 06:59:20 pm »
Agreed, think he’s very talented and has a mature game. Hope he’s over his injury woes- he’s had a couple of long-termers already so it’s a tad concerning.

we sign Melkamu Frauendorf from Hoffenheim as well.

Offline HopefulRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101750 on: July 23, 2020, 11:27:45 pm »
Brookwell has signed for Newcastle. Bit surprised at that unless it was his choice to leave

On the PL retained list submitted in a June he (along with Dal Varonesevic) was listed as “excess period”, which probably meant he was being kept on until the new season started to help him look for another club.  Although he started playing U18s while still an U16, he hardly got any game time this last year so getting time in the u23s didn’t look promising.  Good luck to him.  He needed to move on and doing so sometimes helps players get the opportunity to turn it around. 

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101751 on: July 23, 2020, 11:28:19 pm »
we sign Melkamu Frauendorf from Hoffenheim as well.
Has that one been confirmed anywhere? I saw a couple journos tweet a month or so ago that we were interested in two hoffenheim kids.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101752 on: July 23, 2020, 11:29:42 pm »
On the PL retained list submitted in a June he (along with Dal Varonesevic) was listed as “excess period”, which probably meant he was being kept on until the new season started to help him look for another club.  Although he started playing U18s while still an U16, he hardly got any game time this last year so getting time in the u23s didn’t look promising.  Good luck to him.  He needed to move on and doing so sometimes helps players get the opportunity to turn it around.

Yup- the core of midfield players in the year behind him is quite strong and seemed to bypass him straight away. Good luck to the lad and glad he’s found a good home already.

Offline scout94

• Kemlynite
« Reply #101753 on: July 24, 2020, 12:16:50 am »
Has that one been confirmed anywhere? I saw a couple journos tweet a month or so ago that we were interested in two hoffenheim kids.
From Hoffenheim youth director himself saying 3 of their best player have left to join Bayern(Sieb,Sanyang) and Liverpool(Frauendorf).
« Last Edit: July 24, 2020, 12:18:51 am by scout94 »

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101754 on: July 24, 2020, 12:26:07 am »
https://twitter.com/hoffenews/status/1282662522840129536

Another very interesting episode. At 6:15 the departure of Melkamu Frauendorf to Liverpool FC - so far only a rumor - is confirmed.

I don't speak German, but I assume this video includes the confirmation from a member of Hoffenheim's staff.

Online Barefoot Doctor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101755 on: July 24, 2020, 11:02:37 am »

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #101756 on: July 24, 2020, 12:26:08 pm »
Clarkson is one of my favourite players at the academy, I really have high hopes for him.

Online Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #101757 on: July 24, 2020, 02:18:14 pm »
New long-term deal for Leighton Clarkson.

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/academy/403132-leighton-clarkson-signs-new-long-term-liverpool-contract

Maybe up about this.

Seems LFC are doing a good job getting the talent players to stay.

High hopes for this lad.

Offline NsRed

• Kopite

Offline NsRed

• Kopite
« Reply #101759 on: July 24, 2020, 02:21:38 pm »
Clarkson is one of my favourite players at the academy, I really have high hopes for him.
Already seems to be a Klopp and Ljinders favourite as well.