Author Topic: Leicester City AKA The Plutocrats  (Read 257239 times)

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
Re: Leicester City
« Reply #120 on: February 26, 2019, 06:11:22 pm »
In both cases two of them satisfy that.

Have I missed some of Hodgson's jobs?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #121 on: February 26, 2019, 06:14:44 pm »
Celtic fans not happy with him, looks like he’s totally trashed his legacy there by leaving in this manner

It's understandable, but also from his side too, as shit as it is for their fans.  I guess it's him pushing the Celtic fan angle of it that grates them most about it.

But he isn't enhancing his reputation any more at Celtic, the only people who care about this treble treble stuff is their fans, it's not something that is going to suddenly make him an attractive target for bigger clubs.

And every year more coaches come to the fore. I'd suggest someone like Eddie Howe is now seem in the same light Rodgers may have been when he was at Swansea. And there's always 2 or 3 younger coaches from some of the European leagues who start appearing on the scene too.

This job at Leicester is the exact sort of move that makes sense for him, but he can't hang around and wait. The job may not be there in the summer, and there may not be a similar one available anytime soon.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 26, 2019, 06:15:08 pm »
Nothing surprises me with Leicester anymore, but can't see Rodgers going there until at least the summer

.....that's why I'm no good at gambling
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #123 on: February 26, 2019, 06:15:11 pm »
Celtic fans not happy with him, looks like he’s totally trashed his legacy there by leaving in this manner

What do they expect? And frankly it shows ambition, could have easily stayed and racked up more trophies, now someone else will take credit for winning them.

Think they’re probably more pissed off or frustrated that their manager would rather manage a mid table side back in the Premier League.

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 26, 2019, 06:19:41 pm »
It's a good fit for Rodgers because he'll get them playing nice football and they have decent young attacking players and that seems to be what Leicester crave.

Rodgers biggest problem is his tendency to continually blame others for his ropey transfer record and his lack of defensive nous. Can definitely see them winning games and playing some good stuff with them.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: February 26, 2019, 06:20:03 pm »
Neil Lennon has agreed to take over at Celtic
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #126 on: February 26, 2019, 06:21:24 pm »
Neil Lennon has agreed to take over at Celtic

“Hi Neil, would you like to come out of the wilderness and pick up a few tro”

“Yep”

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #127 on: February 26, 2019, 06:24:55 pm »
It's a good fit for Rodgers because he'll get them playing nice football and they have decent young attacking players and that seems to be what Leicester crave.

Rodgers biggest problem is his tendency to continually blame others for his ropey transfer record and his lack of defensive nous. Can definitely see them winning games and playing some good stuff with them.

Not sure I've ever heard him blame others for his "lack of defensive nous".

Although he's had the best defence in the SPL for the past three seasons :D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 26, 2019, 06:28:32 pm »
It's a poor way to leave a club, to be honest. But at the same time, in this profession loyalty or lack of it works both ways, and he got sacked 8 games in to a season, and had supporters calling for his head three months into another season after he'd nearly won us the league not 5 months before. So he's probably of the mindset that the only person you can be loyal to is yourself. In football, he's probably not wrong

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 26, 2019, 06:52:37 pm »
Presumably Celtic get a huge chunk of cash?

Offline thegoodfella

• makes reindeer pizza
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...siempre es posible
« Reply #130 on: February 26, 2019, 06:54:14 pm »
In football, he's probably not wrong

Absolutely. Jose is a perfect example of that.

Offline Lone Star Red

• Tex
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: February 26, 2019, 06:54:20 pm »
Presumably Celtic get a huge chunk of cash?

£6 million was the number I heard. Probably enough to overhaul the entire Celtic squad.  ;D
You cannot call overseas Liverpool supporters glory hunters. We’ve won one trophy this decade. If they’re glory hunters, they’re really bad ones. They’re actually journey hunters. It’s the journey and the story. Something about Liverpool has grabbed them." - Neil Atkinson (May, 2019)

"So don’t think about it – just play football.” - Jurgen Klopp

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 26, 2019, 06:58:28 pm »
This is one of the strangest decisions I've seen in football.

He was 2 months away from immortalising himself, I genuinely think we'd have seen a Rodgers statue outside Celtic Park at some point in the future if he won a treble treble with an undefeated season sprinkled in.

It's not like Leicester are some incredible, once in a lifetime opportunity for Rodgers... He's very highly rated just about everywhere he goes, now all he's done is burn bridges at a club where he built a legacy, and for what? A potential 7th place finish with Leicester and a pat on the back?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: February 26, 2019, 07:01:32 pm »
Very odd, quite cynical decision to go now. In the summer, yes. Would make sense. But not with so few games to go and an 8 point lead. But as I said, in football, if you don't leave on your own terms, you're getting sacked at some point, in any case.

On the other hand - Gerrard now has a great chance to win a trophy at first time of asking, because unless they get Rafa in, Celtic's dominance of all competitions is probably over.

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
Re: Puel Sacked by Leicester City
« Reply #134 on: February 26, 2019, 07:03:19 pm »
Klopp on Rodgers' return to the PL: "As long as he's not going to Everton I'm fine because then he might want his house back!"

:lmao

Cue angry Bitters claiming that Klopp is saying that Silva should be sacked.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #135 on: February 26, 2019, 07:04:01 pm »
And it's official:

Brendan Rodgers has been appointed Leicester City's new manager after leaving his job at Celtic.

The Northern Irishman has signed a contract until June 2022 and succeeds Claude Puel, who was sacked on Sunday after 16 months in charge.

It marks a Premier League return for Rodgers, who previously managed Liverpool and Swansea City.

"I'll give my life to make the supporters proud of their club." Rodgers said.

"Together, we'll be stronger and I'm looking forward to working with the players, staff and supporters to make the right steps forward."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/47368712

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #136 on: February 26, 2019, 07:06:33 pm »
£6 million was the number I heard. Probably enough to overhaul the entire Celtic squad.  ;D

I'd say Celtic haven't spent £6m over the past two seasons, so I can understand why Rodgers felt it wasn't spending more time there.
League's over anyway. No way are Rangers overhauling an 8 point deficit.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #137 on: February 26, 2019, 07:10:13 pm »
Leicester have arguably the best squad outside the top 6. Rodgers is absolutely right to jump at the chance, Leicester is by far the best possible job he could realistically get. Chelsea and (if Pochettino leaves) Tottenham will aim for someone with a stronger pedigree and a "bigger name".

What could be the other jobs he could aim for?

Espirito Santo is doing very well at Wolves and he's not leaving anytime soon unless a big job abroad pops up.
Watford and Palace have potential and decent sets of players but are not particularly close to Leicester in terms of overall squad quality.
West Ham will have money to spend when they cash in on Anderson and Rice, but after that he'd have to rebuild most of the squad.
Everton are a mess, have an ageing squad and neither of the two parties would want each other.
Bournemouth are a bunch of well coached overachievers with limited talent and the club has a clear ceiling in terms of spending.
Newcastle will always be a mess until the fat c*nt sells the club, but if he does sell, then Rafa is going to stay.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:12:24 pm by Gods_Left_Boot »
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 26, 2019, 07:17:21 pm »
Very odd, quite cynical decision to go now. In the summer, yes. Would make sense. But not with so few games to go and an 8 point lead. But as I said, in football, if you don't leave on your own terms, you're getting sacked at some point, in any case.

On the other hand - Gerrard now has a great chance to win a trophy at first time of asking, because unless they get Rafa in, Celtic's dominance of all competitions is probably over.
He doesn't come across the loyal type. Didn't he dump his backroom staff here before he got sacked?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: February 26, 2019, 07:19:55 pm »
He doesn't come across the loyal type. Didn't he dump his backroom staff here before he got sacked?

Yep, and I didn't like that either.

However, I do know a story, told to me by a player involved, of a name coach whose assistant was into the chairman every week or two, angling for the manager's job, and then going for lunch with the manager and even having family get-togethers.

Football is a dirty business. It doesn't pay to be loyal to anyone, really, at any level where money is involved. And even at some levels where money isn't!

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 26, 2019, 07:20:29 pm »
I'll give my life to make the supporters proud of their club

Could get interesting
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 26, 2019, 07:21:21 pm »
Leicesters schedule is pretty easy now until the last 3 games.  8 point gap to 7th.  They could certainly be in position to make a run and it gives Rodgers time to figure out what will work and won't work for next year.  Seems like a pretty good idea to me and while it sucks for Celtic fans who outside of them even know or care about another title win in Scotland?

Edit: Though I'll preface this with if Rodgers is given any say in transfer then it's probably a terrible move.

Offline Andy-oh-six

• Legacy Fan
  • Mr Susan in 'the world of mirrors'...
« Reply #142 on: February 26, 2019, 07:24:44 pm »

Could get interesting

Wow.
Internet terrorist

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 26, 2019, 07:25:14 pm »
Seems a bit odd to go now but then winning trophies when your wage bill is more than every other club in the league put together (maybe even all 4 leagues!) probably feels good at first then begins to feel like not much of an achievement/buzz, certainly not enough to stay for anyway. May as well get working with the Leicester lads now and see who he can jib in the summer rather than starting on July 1st or whatever then having to work it all our through pre season and what not.

Other than naive tactics the other big criticism that follows him everywhere is signings so be interesting to see how that pans out and if he works with someone or its all on him.

Offline Indomitable_Carp

• Asterixophile
  • Legacy Fan
  • From the depths of Sevvy Park lake
« Reply #144 on: February 26, 2019, 07:27:23 pm »
Seems a bit of a crazy move at this juncture. I know the Scottish league is pure shite, but to leave now when they are en route to potentially another treble seems crazy. The Celtic fans already have their pitchforks out, which is quite understandable I would say.

Hopefully it means Gerrard can somehow pull it back for Rangers though (and maybe even get the Double).

Saying all that, I would say Leicester is probably about Rodgers level at the moment. I'm guessing he's hoping that if he can consistently keep them up close to the Top 6 a bigger club might come calling. Even if he was to win another treble with Celtic, I don't think it would change the fact that only mid-table Prem clubs would come for him. I'd be happy if I was a Leicester fan, but also wandering which club he'd be off to next if he started to do half-decent...

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #145 on: February 26, 2019, 07:28:01 pm »

Pascoe was under the bus the day after the Stoke debacle

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: February 26, 2019, 07:29:01 pm »
Mousa Dembele currently hammering Brendan on twitter  ;D

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #147 on: February 26, 2019, 07:29:14 pm »
Yep, and I didn't like that either.

However, I do know a story, told to me by a player involved, of a name coach whose assistant was into the chairman every week or two, angling for the manager's job, and then going for lunch with the manager and even having family get-togethers.

You're a friend of Van Gaal?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #148 on: February 26, 2019, 07:35:08 pm »

Could get interesting

At least it's his life, unlike Viscount Harry Kane who put his daughter's life on the line for the sake of a deflection. :D

Offline LFC_NCL

• Main Stander
« Reply #149 on: February 26, 2019, 07:36:19 pm »
good luck to him, never had an issue with rodgers, and he gave us THAT season, i think he will do alright with them

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: February 26, 2019, 07:36:59 pm »
Seems a bit odd to go now but then winning trophies when your wage bill is more than every other club in the league put together (maybe even all 4 leagues!) probably feels good at first then begins to feel like not much of an achievement/buzz, certainly not enough to stay for anyway. May as well get working with the Leicester lads now and see who he can jib in the summer rather than starting on July 1st or whatever then having to work it all our through pre season and what not.

Other than naive tactics the other big criticism that follows him everywhere is signings so be interesting to see how that pans out and if he works with someone or its all on him.

He must be one of those e-coaches you keep going on about ;D

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #151 on: February 26, 2019, 07:37:40 pm »
Leicesters schedule is pretty easy now until the last 3 games.  8 point gap to 7th.  They could certainly be in position to make a run and it gives Rodgers time to figure out what will work and won't work for next year.  Seems like a pretty good idea to me and while it sucks for Celtic fans who outside of them even know or care about another title win in Scotland?

Edit: Though I'll preface this with if Rodgers is given any say in transfer then it's probably a terrible move.

They can get Steve Walsh back. And they won't even have to pay him as he's another one of the many redundant staff still being paid by Everton.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 26, 2019, 07:37:41 pm »
You're a friend of Van Gaal?

Yes - I attend "Tactiholics Anonymous"

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 26, 2019, 07:38:35 pm »

That's because my.... ahem... his Speedos fell out of the bag and I... ahem... he was trying to get them

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2019, 07:39:46 pm »

Could get interesting

I think he said the same when he was us. He must be like a cat with so many lives

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2019, 07:40:27 pm »

That's because my.... ahem... his Speedos fell out of the bag and I... ahem... he was trying to get them

:lmao
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline LiamG

• He's loving angels instead. Cos through it all they offer him protection.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Y.N.W.A
« Reply #156 on: February 26, 2019, 07:41:20 pm »
Very good appointment for Leicester i think, they have a very good talented young squad

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #157 on: February 26, 2019, 07:45:18 pm »
What do they expect? And frankly it shows ambition, could have easily stayed and racked up more trophies, now someone else will take credit for winning them.

Think they’re probably more pissed off or frustrated that their manager would rather manage a mid table side back in the Premier League.

Not to leave when they are still battling on three fronts with only a few months of the season  to go, I suspect.

Celtic fans rightly pissed off.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 26, 2019, 08:05:24 pm »
I think he said the same when he was us. He must be like a cat with so many lives

Yes he did. I thought it was over the top then and still sounds a bit odd to me. Still, i wish him well.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: February 26, 2019, 08:13:01 pm »

Who is this Pascoe of whom you speak??   Wasn't he just the guy who stuck some cones down and ran around in gold shiny Speedos??