Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3899789 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: Louis Van Gaal is still the Manager of Manchester United and David De Gea
« Reply #31640 on: September 3, 2015, 09:10:35 am »
Mata reckons De Gea is calm and relaxed

Offline Bunter

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #31641 on: September 3, 2015, 10:19:56 am »
Can someone explain this to me in simple terms.
The way I see it:
ManU bought for 59.7m pounds.  At exchange rate of 1.2558, they would have paid 74.97m euros to Real.
They sold for 44.3m pounds. At exchange rate of 1.4415, PSG would have used 63.86m euros to pay that amount.
How is ManU's loss jacking up to 22.5m pounds in this equation ?

Yeah same here, how when the Pound has become a lot stronger since he signed does that equate to them losing more money? Surely with the Euro becoming devalued since then it would work in favour of United?

You are Jamie Jackson and I claim my £5

Wrong thread Jamo

He's an undercover Manc anyway is Redhopper.
« Last Edit: September 3, 2015, 11:07:11 am by Bunter »

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #31642 on: September 3, 2015, 11:28:09 am »
*giggles*

Depay meets up with national team.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Online Henry Chinaski

• Gay for Dirk, wants him naked.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31643 on: September 3, 2015, 11:31:29 am »
*giggles*

Where's the pan flute?
"I look at life like a big book and sometimes you get half way through it and go 'Even though I've been enjoying it, I've had enough. Give us another book'"
~ Karl Pilkington

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31644 on: September 3, 2015, 11:38:54 am »
the size of that propaganda post  ;D

my thoughts are why hang out the back of united when there is plenty to take the piss
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #31645 on: September 3, 2015, 11:40:30 am »
*giggles*

How did he get there?

"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #31646 on: September 3, 2015, 11:52:21 am »
Some people taking things far too seriously on this page I see. Paragraph abuse.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline cloggypop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31647 on: September 3, 2015, 12:03:22 pm »
*giggles*

The man with no surname.

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31648 on: September 3, 2015, 12:08:17 pm »
Yeah same here, how when the Pound has become a lot stronger since he signed does that equate to them losing more money? Surely with the Euro becoming devalued since then it would work in favour of United?

Exactly. The article seems completely counterintuitive.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31649 on: September 3, 2015, 12:11:53 pm »
The man with no surname.

:D

United's front 3 - Depay, Rooney, Fellaini

The Good, The Bad And The ugky

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31650 on: September 3, 2015, 12:26:07 pm »
The man with no surname.

Who ate all De Pays?
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jürgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31652 on: September 3, 2015, 02:07:34 pm »
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31653 on: September 3, 2015, 02:11:38 pm »
You are Jamie Jackson and I claim my £5

Wrong thread Jamo

I beg your pardon, this can not be allowed to stand. I demand satisfaction, Pistols at dawn.

Jamie Jackson is a truly terrible journalist. His articles are a mixture of whatever the last person said to him, and cutting and pasting from press releases. His biggest crime I think is that despite this he thinks he is a serious journalist. If I were looking to try and find out what happened, I would pay a lot more attention to Sid Lowe, who does some work for Realmadrid.com. If he's writing an article that gently says that Real madrid are talking incoherent nonsense, then that has a certain amount of value, when trying to figure out what happened.

When trying to pick through something like that though, it's worth having an open mind, and remembering that Man utd aren't the only arsehole club in the world, and that when it comes to batshit insane gobshitery english clubs can't hold a candle to the big spanish clubs. It's always worth remembering that under the surface of serene polished fame and glory, that Barcelona and Real Madrid are seething cauldrons of insanity, and pointless interpersonal fighting, with footballing decisions being made for political or commercial reasons.

I think that we should probably remember that Football journalism is basically those columns you see in newspapers covering Soap Operas, except for men. Jose Mourinho is dirty den,  sam allardyce is phil mitchell, Brendan rodgers is Alfie Moon, alex ferguson is peggy mitchell, er and I suppose that arsene wenger is dot cotton.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31654 on: September 3, 2015, 02:36:18 pm »
I'd say Allardyce is more of a Pat Butcher
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #31655 on: September 3, 2015, 02:37:01 pm »
Can someone explain this to me in simple terms.
The way I see it:
ManU bought for 59.7m pounds.  At exchange rate of 1.2558, they would have paid 74.97m euros to Real.
They sold for 44.3m pounds. At exchange rate of 1.4415, PSG would have used 63.86m euros to pay that amount.
How is ManU's loss jacking up to 22.5m pounds in this equation ?

First off, they lost 15m on the sale. 59.7 - 44.3 = 15.4. I think everyone can agree.

Then because they sold him a year later and the British Pound strengthen against the Euro...what does that mean?

An example:

Let's imagine you write software programs and sell them to customers in America for $100 US Dollars.

Once you have sold a program you want to bring the money back to England. If the exchange rate was $1.05, you would receive about £0.95 for the program. If the exchange rate dropped to .90c you'd end up getting about £1.11. (This doesn't take into account bank charges on the exchange and transaction.)

This is why people who sell their products overseas don't like it when exchange rates rise. Their incomes fall.

So this is why the article shows Man Utd lost and extra £7+ mil in just a year on exchange rates and why the lost £22.5 mil on the sale of ADM.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31656 on: September 3, 2015, 02:46:14 pm »
First off, they lost 15m on the sale. 59.7 - 44.3 = 15.4. I think everyone can agree.

Then because they sold him a year later and the British Pound strengthen against the Euro...what does that mean?

An example:

Let's imagine you write software programs and sell them to customers in America for $100 US Dollars.

Once you have sold a program you want to bring the money back to England. If the exchange rate was $1.05, you would receive about £0.95 for the program. If the exchange rate dropped to .90c you'd end up getting about £1.11. (This doesn't take into account bank charges on the exchange and transaction.)

This is why people who sell their products overseas don't like it when exchange rates rise. Their incomes fall.

So this is why the article shows Man Utd lost and extra £7+ mil in just a year on exchange rates and why the lost £22.5 mil on the sale of ADM.

Your theory is right but application is wrong :) That article has goofed up in their maths. The 7.5 'notional loss' due to exchange rate fluctuation is included in the 15m loss, not over and above it.

One way to understand it is this:

Manu bought an asset last year from real at 59M pounds, which equates to ~75M Euros at 1.25 exchange rate. Now this year they sold the same asset at 44M pounds which translates to 63M euros at current exchange rate (1.44)
Now imagine the exchange rate remained the same then 63M Euros would have translated to 51M pounds (at 1.25 exchange rate) but due the exchange rate they got only 44.3M.
So they lost close to 7M pounds because of exchange rate fluctuation. This took their loss from 8M (59 - 51) to 15M (59 - 44) .. not 15M to 22M...

Offline RedHopper

• Hopping to a mightily lofty position and enjoying the view. If only custom titles could be in proportion to the member's average post length? My, what fun we could have! Imagine the sheer edification to be derived from testing the character limi
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31657 on: September 3, 2015, 02:52:51 pm »

An example:

This only way this article makes sense is if PSG paid for Angel Di Maria by driving over a bunch of dumptrucks full of £45 million in cash, but only after they had gone home did everyone discover that underneath a top layer of £10 notes, it was actually €45 million. meaning that they made a second unexpected.  currency loss. They seem to be double counting the money lost due to the change in currency values. If ever I have a large amount of currency I wish to change, I think I may be avoiding these people. If it turns out that man utd went mad in the currency derivative market like Orange county in the eighties or nineties, then grand. But that has nothing to do with the angel di maria transfer.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31658 on: September 3, 2015, 02:55:38 pm »

An example:

Zzzzzzzz boring.

De Gea in our CL squad list, great to see our best player from last season in Europe's top competition with us.

Who's in Liverpool's squad list?

When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #31659 on: September 3, 2015, 03:04:16 pm »
Ha ha, love it.

We're better than Liverpool, nowhere near good enough to do anything of note whether in Europe or domestically, but hey, we're better than Liverpool.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31660 on: September 3, 2015, 03:05:04 pm »

Zzzzzzzz boring.

De Gea in our CL squad list, great to see our best player from last season in Europe's top competition with us.

You'll find out Saturday Sept 12th. :P

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31661 on: September 3, 2015, 03:07:10 pm »
Your theory is right but application is wrong :) That article has goofed up in their maths. The 7.5 'notional loss' due to exchange rate fluctuation is included in the 15m loss, not over and above it.

One way to understand it is this:

Manu bought an asset last year from real at 59M pounds, which equates to ~75M Euros at 1.25 exchange rate. Now this year they sold the same asset at 44M pounds which translates to 63M euros at current exchange rate (1.44)
Now imagine the exchange rate remained the same then 63M Euros would have translated to 51M pounds (at 1.25 exchange rate) but due the exchange rate they got only 44.3M.
So they lost close to 7M pounds because of exchange rate fluctuation. This took their loss from 8M (59 - 51) to 15M (59 - 44) .. not 15M to 22M...

Yeah well your dead good at maths... ;D

Some like a more simple explanation which comes close enough.  ;)

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31662 on: September 3, 2015, 03:20:40 pm »
Yeah well your dead good at maths... ;D

Some like a more simple explanation which comes close enough.  ;)

Now you are just yanking my chain ;D

To be fair - technically it is not a goof up in maths per se.
More like they found out that currency movement caused a loss of x pounds and blindly assumed that it is over and above the 15M figure, without understanding how has that loss came about.
Shitty journalism, at its best.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #31664 on: September 3, 2015, 03:44:55 pm »

Zzzzzzzz boring.

RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline Johns_Barn

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31665 on: September 3, 2015, 05:03:52 pm »
Where's the pan flute?

Where's the pan flute?

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #31666 on: September 3, 2015, 05:27:23 pm »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #31667 on: September 3, 2015, 05:28:21 pm »
^^^

A giant of the game. Literally.

Offline RedHopper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31668 on: September 3, 2015, 05:33:27 pm »
hahaha. That's brilliant. Maybe the cups are far away?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #31669 on: September 3, 2015, 05:40:45 pm »
Nah, just down the other end of the East Lancs RD, all United fans should come and take a look at what Fergie couldn't do. 
« Last Edit: September 3, 2015, 06:32:23 pm by exiledintheUSA »
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #31670 on: September 3, 2015, 05:43:20 pm »
Nah, just down the other end of the East Lancs RD, all United fans should come and take a look at waht Fergie couldn't do. 

:D

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #31671 on: September 3, 2015, 06:07:49 pm »
Money well spent...

David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline luckyluke

• A proponent of intercourse during accelerated perambulation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super bonanza extravaganza
« Reply #31672 on: September 3, 2015, 06:29:47 pm »
It's a process...

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Online bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #31674 on: September 3, 2015, 06:59:42 pm »
must not of been paying attention, I thought Valdes left United months ago?

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #31675 on: September 3, 2015, 07:56:05 pm »
must not of been paying attention, I thought Valdes left United months ago?

His move to Turkey broke down after some terms were changed & was not interested in a return to Spain according to Sid Lowe.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #31676 on: September 3, 2015, 08:41:50 pm »

Zzzzzzzz boring.

Why is it?

It`s a post on a Liverpool forum taking the piss out of our rivals  ::)

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #31677 on: September 4, 2015, 12:16:40 am »
Money well spent...

So Aloysius Paulus Maria "Louis" van Gaal spends 180million more than moyeseh to gain 3 points more across 51 games, 60 mil a point! Even the richest club in the world(tm) surely can't afford that for long.

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #31678 on: September 4, 2015, 12:46:06 am »

Yeah, you'll go far in that comp ..... especially with Neymar, Bale and Muller up front.  Haha

See you in February when you join us in the Europa.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
We are Liverpool!