Author Topic: Hicks calls for Parry's resignation  (Read 103243 times)

Offline RedRush

• Legacy Fan
Re: Hicks calls for Parry's resignation
« Reply #1400 on: April 11, 2008, 04:49:41 am »
Board members

Hicks

Hicks Jr

Gillet

Gillet Jr

Moores

Parry

At the moment its four against two. Bring in Hick's appointment and it strengthens his hand. The question is, do you want Hicks hand strengthened?

We're in paralysis either way.

The thing is I don't think Hicks alone can decide who to bring in. But you are right in saying that we're in paralysis either way. I'm just keen to see one good thing being done in all this - Parry's departure.

Online zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1401 on: April 11, 2008, 04:49:42 am »
We're in paralysis either way.
Sadly true

Offline Mimi

• Maguire!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1402 on: April 11, 2008, 04:57:29 am »
And despite what a lot of people say about the timing, I think that now is the time to get rid of Parry, NOT during the close season when we need to act fast for the club to really move forward.

I agree with you in the main. I don't like Parry either and I don't think we need to be marching or writing in support for him mainly because this letter is just Hicks posturing. He can't get rid of Parry without Gillett and Gillett won't let Parry go for the moment. But do we really need to get rid of Parry now? What do we even know about Ayre or any other replacement these two come up with. For the future of this club, we need a long-term replacement not a favoritism appointee. We need a change of ownership or a commitment to ownership for this club to move forward. Parry will be a natural casualty of this bigger transition.
"And Israeli aggression will continue unabated. BDS. Armed struggle. Peace talks. Protests. Tweets. Social media. Poetry. All are terror in Israel’s books.” Refaat Alareer
https://www.youtube.com/@refaatalareer9499

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1403 on: April 11, 2008, 04:59:45 am »
The thing is I don't think Hicks alone can decide who to bring in. But you are right in saying that we're in paralysis either way. I'm just keen to see one good thing being done in all this - Parry's departure.

But he's going nowhere. Hicks can't sack him. He doesn't have the ability to. He needs the board to agree. And George, Foster and Moores aren't going to do that. Hicks must know that. Or he's just a stupid blowhard.

So the question is, why has he done this. Why has he shat on our dignity AGAIN, just a day after we are on a high after reaching the semis, by going public with this? When we've got six weeks of potential glory to concentrate on again? Why spit on us, and the Liverpool Way, knowing he can't do anything to force Parry out?

Because he thinks we're all a bunch of suckers, and he thinks he can get the support of the grassroots by cussing Coco in public. Hold your delight. Parry's going nowhere at the moment. Nothing good has come of this. Just Hicks fucking us up again, all for his own selfish priorities.

We just take this for granted now. In the space of six months he's destroyed the expectation that dignity and good sense are the hallmarks of our clubs administration when it comes to boardroom politics. He's turned us into a BANANA REPUBLIC football club, a laughing stock. That's what that loathsome scumbag has done.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #1404 on: April 11, 2008, 05:02:08 am »

By the way, it goes without saying that nobody is supporting Coco here. Just a matter of evaluating the lesser of two evils.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline grimreaper

• this is a new one... ok it's shite but it is a no-brainer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1405 on: April 11, 2008, 05:05:14 am »
sad,  but true Stussy

Offline Oingy Boingy

• Bisquitts
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1406 on: April 11, 2008, 05:05:29 am »
Those cyberspace mischief-makers who inserted the claim that Parry is known as "Coco" on his Wikipedia entry are being slightly cruel. The real clown wears a Stetson.

okay who was it ;D
decided to check wiki

Rick Parry (born on 23rd February 1955) or "Coco" is the chief executive of Liverpool Football Club, Star of Zippos Circus, and former head of the FA Premier League. Rick is famous for his awful collection of ties. It is said that if one was stare at a Rick Parry tie for more than 10 seconds, Blindness is inevitable.
 :lmao
Indeed...

Offline RedBo

• Main Stander
« Reply #1407 on: April 11, 2008, 05:11:50 am »
I;m certainly no fan of Parry but the thought of giving Hicks the slightest bit more power on the board is a definate no no. At the moment any votes that go to the board will be 4 to 2 against Hicks but if Parry goes now then i think that could be a victory for Hicks because whoever replaces Parry could even the board in Hicks favour and I would'nt want to take that risk..

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1408 on: April 11, 2008, 05:16:04 am »

Anfield fiasco: Tom Hicks could sink Liverpool
By Henry Winter
Last Updated: 1:28am BST 11/04/2008

Have your say      Read comments

Tom Hicks must never be allowed to board the ferry across the Mersey because he would only rock the boat. Just when Rick Parry attempts to keep the good ship Liverpool steady through another storm, Hicks lumbers on and threatens to capsize it. Madness.

Henry Winter: British clubs must savour Champions League
In pics: Liverpool and Chelsea set up semi-final meeting
Five memorable Liverpool European nights
In the dispute that escalated yesterday between Parry and Hicks, let us play spot the difference: Parry has Liverpool's best interests at heart while Hicks has Hicks's best interests at heart. Parry is a lifelong fan. Hicks is a businessman. Parry works hard to keep the club united and focused on reaching the Champions League final. Hicks picks fights. Spot which one you would want running your club.

Tied down: Rick Parry looks to have been caught in crossfire
The word on Merseyside is that Hicks demanded Parry's resignation as a tit-for-tat against George Gillett, the other co-owner who had ticked off Ian Ayre, the club's commercial director much admired by Hicks, before Tuesday's Champions League vanquishing of Arsenal.

Parry seems to have been caught up in the crossfire between two Americans. It does need stating that Parry is not football's top-ranked chief executive. He has certainly made mistakes. Liverpool have been slow to develop their commercial potential, although that pre-dates Parry's arrival at Anfield from the Premier League (four European Cups in seven years should have generated more funds).

Parry has not always enjoyed the best relationship with Rafael Benitez and has courted ridicule by wearing a Liverpool tracksuit emblazoned with his initials. A chief executive's place is in the board-room, not the dressing-room. But if he occasionally fails to see eye-to-eye with Benitez, who can be awkward and appears still to hold a candle for Real Madrid, then Parry is not completely at fault. Sporting replica kit is unwise for an executive, but such vanity does provide material proof of Parry's deep affection for Liverpool.

Those cyberspace mischief-makers who inserted the claim that Parry is known as "Coco" on his Wikipedia entry are being slightly cruel. The real clown wears a Stetson. It is difficult to see what Parry has done wrong in the period since the Americans rode into town. He pleaded for Hicks and Gillett to give peace a chance. He has sided with Gillett, but then most sane souls around Anfield would.

The essential Champions League final guide to Moscow
Anfield fiasco: Liverpool civil war reignites
Parry cares about people at Anfield. When Steven Gerrard's autobiography (ghosted by this writer) had to be run by Liverpool, Parry read the criticism of him and Benitez during the Chelsea contract saga but did not ask for one word to be changed. He respected the captain's right to make comments, however unflattering they were towards him and the manager. Parry's stance contrasted with officials at some other clubs, who demanded that books by some of their players be amended.

Parry is a fan of Gerrard, just as he is a fan of all those driving Liverpool in the right direction. Hicks is getting in the way, and yesterday's fuel-on-the-fire antics hardly help. If he wants to dismiss Parry, then he should do it in the closed-season.

The mess highlights one reality: the sooner all football appreciates the dangers inherent in foreign ownership the better. If football ever contains more people like Hicks than Parry, then the game really will be heading to Hell in a debt-laden hand-cart

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/04/11/sfnliv111.xml

Thats a brilliant article.

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool exclusive on SSN at 4pm
« Reply #1409 on: April 11, 2008, 05:45:31 am »
Was he? Really? How?

How can a man that doesn't own any part of the club, stop the owners of 100% of it, putting debt on it?
I know you said this 70 odd pages back but as you are clearly out of the loop let me enlighten you:

The banks made it clear that they would only support a finance plan that the WHOLE Board agreed with. This, unexpectedly, cast Moores and Parry in the role of Kingmakers and they used their suddenly-given power to disrupt Hicks and Gillet's original plan which was to secure the entire debt on LFC.

The current compromise position where £105m is secured on the club and £245m on KOP is primarily due to Parry and Moores refusal to sanction G&H's original plan.

Parry could have let things go Hicks' way and thus win favour with him but he didn't. He stood up for LFC and for what is right. He has done many things wrong in his time and ultimately there's no denying we would be better off with another, more effective CEO, but on this issue Parry stood with us so have some respect

Offline YouStan Eternity

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1410 on: April 11, 2008, 05:49:31 am »
But he's going nowhere. Hicks can't sack him. He doesn't have the ability to. He needs the board to agree. And George, Foster and Moores aren't going to do that. Hicks must know that. Or he's just a stupid blowhard.

So the question is, why has he done this.

Perhaps, I know the thought is quite frightful for many here, but perhaps Hicks decided to show his cards by sacking Parry because he's finalized a deal to buy out Gillette's interest? 

Again, nothing but rampant speculation.

Offline RedBo

• Main Stander
« Reply #1411 on: April 11, 2008, 05:53:41 am »
I know you said this 70 odd pages back but as you are clearly out of the loop let me enlighten you:

The banks made it clear that they would only support a finance plan that the WHOLE Board agreed with. This, unexpectedly, cast Moores and Parry in the role of Kingmakers and they used their suddenly-given power to disrupt Hicks and Gillet's original plan which was to secure the entire debt on LFC.

The current compromise position where £105m is secured on the club and £245m on KOP is primarily due to Parry and Moores refusal to sanction G&H's original plan.

Parry could have let things go Hicks' way and thus win favour with him but he didn't. He stood up for LFC and for what is right. He has done many things wrong in his time and ultimately there's no denying we would be better off with another, more effective CEO, but on this issue Parry stood with us so have some respect

I agree..  Parry has made some big mistakes with some of his decisions but he is not the enemy..
HICKS is the enemy.

Offline dane

• Kopite
« Reply #1412 on: April 11, 2008, 06:11:32 am »
Can't Rick defend himself with a water spraying flower on his suit or maybe an electric-shock handshake device?

Really though, it will be sad to see Rick pedalling away from the club on his unicycle for the last time.  Perhaps he can come back and do cameos in club interviews... whenever someone says like 'Liverpool v Chelsea is sure to be a great tie' Parry can pop up accompanied by a bicycle horn honking sound and say 'great tie? did I hear somebody say great tie?' and provide a little splapstick comic interlude for us whilst displaying one of his technicolour dream ties.

Ok, really though... I'm not gonna be happy until we're rid of these cowboys who bought our club.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #1413 on: April 11, 2008, 06:16:42 am »

Guilt obviously drove him to rectify his mistake as best he could and he made a good fist of it, but I think that we should back him for now for practical reasons rather than respect - one step at a time, if you know what I mean.
Is it looking like its Hicks Rafa and the Spanish players versus GG Parry (Moores?) and the English players? Or is the white noise effect getting to me?
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline 7Dalglish

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1414 on: April 11, 2008, 06:35:52 am »

Guilt obviously drove him to rectify his mistake as best he could and he made a good fist of it, but I think that we should back him for now for practical reasons rather than respect - one step at a time, if you know what I mean.
Is it looking like its Hicks Rafa and the Spanish players versus GG Parry (Moores?) and the English players? Or is the white noise effect getting to me?

What has Rafa done or said to suggest that he's in 'the hicks camp'? All I've seen is an employee say the right things about his boss so far. Not having a go, just don't know why reporters have Benitez as a hicks supporter all of a sudden.

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1415 on: April 11, 2008, 06:40:26 am »
What has Rafa done or said to suggest that he's in 'the hicks camp'? All I've seen is an employee say the right things about his boss so far. Not having a go, just don't know why reporters have Benitez as a hicks supporter all of a sudden.

He hasn't said a word that would suggest that he's in Hicks' camp. Just some morons on here that immediately draw conclusions. Rafa has said things similar to "The relationship is better", "we email now and then", "He congratulated me on the victory". Seeing that Hicks is the loudmouth fucker here, no one expects GG to write anything to Rafa. Had he, Rafa would have mentioned it. Rafa has said NOTHING in the line of "I support Hicks in this saga". All he's doing is trying to focus on his job, get the media off his back (imagine the press if Rafa has said "We don't talk much") and at the same time not piss of the triggerhappy owner. Rafa damn near lost his job. A job he loves with all his heart for speaking up against the owner(s) last time, and now look what happened to Parry when he pissed off Hicks.

Rafa is playing this brilliantly, and seeing the man is Liverpool through and through, I have no doubt he wants the owners out as well.
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

It's like watching the Dalai Lama snap and headbutt someone.

Offline RedRush

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1416 on: April 11, 2008, 06:41:37 am »
So the question is, why has he done this. Why has he shat on our dignity AGAIN, just a day after we are on a high after reaching the semis, by going public with this? When we've got six weeks of potential glory to concentrate on again? Why spit on us, and the Liverpool Way, knowing he can't do anything to force Parry out?

Because he thinks we're all a bunch of suckers, and he thinks he can get the support of the grassroots by cussing Coco in public. Hold your delight. Parry's going nowhere at the moment. Nothing good has come of this. Just Hicks fucking us up again, all for his own selfish priorities.

At the least he's waited until the CL tie with Arsenal was over.

The whole (recent) sequence of events:
1. out of nowhere, Gillete comes up with a statement about death threats and not selling to Hicks, about DIC being good future owners for Liverpool, etc, things he knows Liverpool supporters want to hear.
2. Parry follows up with a statement calling for the owners to come to some sort of agreement.
3. No immediate response from Hicks.
4. CL tie is over.
5. Statement from Hicks.

What does that tell you?

It tells me Gillette is one incredibly shrewd propaganda machine. He's played Hicks and he's played us all and the sad thing is we never learned. Remember (a rumour?) how the leaked documents about DIC supposedly selling on 7 years later appearing suddenly when Gillete wanted to buy Liverpool, before he roped Tom Hicks in? Now he's played Hicks again knowing how fatheaded Hicks is, and this is the exact response Gillette wanted from Hicks to Parry's petulance. And the fans response to Hick's call is also the exact response Gillete wanted.

Don't take everything at face value. It's a world of utterly cunning and conniving people.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1417 on: April 11, 2008, 06:44:13 am »
Mornin all has Hicks or Gillett said anything? What have I missed?
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1418 on: April 11, 2008, 06:44:53 am »
Mornin all has Hicks or Gillett said anything? What have I missed?

Hehe, nothing as far as I can tell. Mornin to ya
Albert Riera yansanyusiza nyo, Mascherano muzanyi wamanyi ate Dirk Kuyt sirina Bigambo! Rafa Abeewo ! YWNWA

Offline ashy9

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1419 on: April 11, 2008, 06:49:53 am »

Well said! This whole thing is ridiculous and it is not the time to discuss Parrys future but for us all to rally against hicks and the disgraceful way he's dragging our name into the mud. I would agree that Parry has become a bit of a joke to us fans and we could benefit by another CEO but at least he is liverpool through and through which is a lot more than we can say about the yanks.

Offline Reds4Life

• Foot In Mouth Disease and Negative Hate Campaign Victim.
  • Kopite
  • LFC - A bastion of invincibility
« Reply #1420 on: April 11, 2008, 06:59:29 am »
I just can not believe that anyone in their right mind would believe that this media style propaganda machine Hicks is feeding would get you any more respect or closer to fans of Liverpool Football Club, a club which none of us have "acquired" Mr Hicks but have been fucking given as our fucking birth right!!

Stop fucking making us look like a fucking club of amateurs!!
Stop fucking taking the limelight off our players and manager in what was a fucking great win in the Champions League!! and most of all
Stop fucking disrespecting the fans who bleed for this club!!

For all of you who say without Hicks we would not have bought the lads we did in the Summer and January, answer me this. How much of his money went into the purchases?

Someone standing on the Kop who is paying for their ticket, season or game, has put in more money towards those purchases than Hicks ever has or will.

Liverpool Football Club is synonomous with pride, passion, respect, honour, grace and humility. This is what we commonly refer to as "The Liverpool Way" and Mr Hicks unfortunately you seem to display none of these characteristics.

To all the people lucky enough to be in the ground to watch the redmen play. This is your chance. This is your moment. This is your opportunity to lose your voice, the chance to display your unswerving loyalty in search of the holy grail. We shall overcome. We shall unite. We shall believe. We shall share in the spoils of victory!

YNWA, JFT 96

Offline LiverBirdKop

• A moron. Twice. No flies on their nullshit
  • Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1421 on: April 11, 2008, 07:04:30 am »
Can't Rick defend himself with a water spraying flower on his suit or maybe an electric-shock handshake device?
  ;D

Really though, it will be sad to see Rick pedalling away from the club on his unicycle for the last time.  Perhaps he can come back and do cameos in club interviews... whenever someone says like 'Liverpool v Chelsea is sure to be a great tie' Parry can pop up accompanied by a bicycle horn honking sound and say 'great tie? did I hear somebody say great tie?' and provide a little splapstick comic interlude for us whilst displaying one of his technicolour dream ties.
Speaking of clowns......... ::)   ;D

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1422 on: April 11, 2008, 07:19:13 am »

He hasn't said a word that would suggest that he's in Hicks' camp. Just some morons on here that immediately draw conclusions. Rafa has said things similar to "The relationship is better", "we email now and then", "He congratulated me on the victory". Seeing that Hicks is the loudmouth fucker here, no one expects GG to write anything to Rafa. Had he, Rafa would have mentioned it. Rafa has said NOTHING in the line of "I support Hicks in this saga". All he's doing is trying to focus on his job, get the media off his back (imagine the press if Rafa has said "We don't talk much") and at the same time not piss of the triggerhappy owner. Rafa damn near lost his job. A job he loves with all his heart for speaking up against the owner(s) last time, and now look what happened to Parry when he pissed off Hicks.

Rafa is playing this brilliantly, and seeing the man is Liverpool through and through, I have no doubt he wants the owners out as well.

What I'm saying is Rafa has seen his position as safer with Hicks than with Gillet. Obviously Rafa's just playing the game. Obviously Rafa hates the pair of them. In fact I think if Rafa now changed sides he would have played a blinder as Hicks would be even more isolated. If Rafa GG and Parry now did a team hug for the cameras I'd laugh me cock off.

If that makes me one of your morons so be it.

Some players not giving public support to Rafa worries me. Rafa never worries me.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1423 on: April 11, 2008, 07:19:26 am »
So when is this all going to hit a critical mass?

The more i look at Hicks position, the more i can't understand his position.

He has had the chance to walk away with a healthy profit (even more so with the state of the US dollar) In the process extracting himself from a financial commitment that will need substantial further investment just to retain it's value let alone increase it.

You don't become a billionaire by playing high risk investments with sentiment and stubbornness, even with the Texas mafia by your side.

I just can't work out his end game.

Any ideas?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1424 on: April 11, 2008, 07:20:43 am »
Rafa never worries me.

Even when he plays Riise?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1425 on: April 11, 2008, 07:22:05 am »
No, I'm not calling you a moron. You're able to see the bigger picture, I was referring to those who go along the lines of "Rafa+Hicks vs. GG+Parry =omg rafa sucks!!111oneone" As you obviously can see, it's a lot more complicated than that.

And yes, some players not giving pubilc support to Rafa worries me too. Annoys me, really.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1426 on: April 11, 2008, 07:23:20 am »
Even when he plays Riise?

Actually recently he has picked him for the right games in my opinion.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1427 on: April 11, 2008, 07:23:38 am »
So when is this all going to hit a critical mass?

The more i look at Hicks position, the more i can't understand his position.

He has had the chance to walk away with a healthy profit (even more so with the state of the US dollar) In the process extracting himself from a financial commitment that will need substantial further investment just to retain it's value let alone increase it.

You don't become a billionaire by playing high risk investments with sentiment and stubbornness, even with the Texas mafia by your side.

I just can't work out his end game.

Any ideas?

Would  be a long shot, but I'm guessing that he's too stubborn and too proud to let himself get bullied around.

Or..
dunno

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #1428 on: April 11, 2008, 07:27:13 am »

Rick Parry tells Tom Hicks: I will not resign from Liverpool FC

Apr 11 2008 by Andy Kelly, Liverpool Daily Post
Tom Hicks, Rick Parry, Liverpool FC

AS LIVERPOOL FC chief executive Rick Parry last night defiantly refused to resign after a request to stand down from co-owner Tom Hicks, the Daily Post can reveal the reasons for the sensational demand.

In a statement, not dissimilar to quotes given by manager Rafael Benitez at the height of a fall-out with the club’s American owners last year, Parry said: “It is my intention to remain focused on the job of serving Liver- pool Football Club to the best of my abil- ities at this very imp- ortant time of our season.”

The unprecedented stand-off comes on the same day it is learned a deal between Dubai International Capital and LFC’s owners is reportedly just a phone call away.

Comments made by Sameer Al Ansari, CEO of Dubai Internat- ional Capital, to a Middle East business magazine about with-drawing DIC’s offer for LFC were said to be a plea for Hicks to sort his affairs and agree to sell.

Al Ansari has said he “would love to own the club”, but wanted to have control over Liverpool’s destiny before investing.

It is understood that the letter sent, but not yet received by Parry, called on him to “voluntarily resign” because of “commercial under-performance” and “frustrations” at the way he had handled player transfers.

One insider said: “This is just not the Liverpool way, especially after the success of the team on the pitch this week.”

The three-page letter was sent to Parry as Hicks’ 50% share in the club would not allow him to unilaterally dismiss Parry.

It has been circulated to mem-bers of the board, and he is expec-ted to refuse the request after con-sulting lawyers over his position.

A source said: “The basic con-tents of the letter are the commer-cial performance of the club since Rick Parry has been on the board.

“In particular how the club has fallen behind to the big players – [Manchester] United, Arsenal, and Chelsea. He also cites frustration in terms of how some of the player transfers have been handled.”

A report by Deloitte accoun-tants is thought to be the source of Hicks’s belief that Liverpool are failing to capitalise fully on commercial opportunities.

Deloitte's Football Money League, based on revenues gener-ated during 2006/7, places Liver-pool eighth in the list of richest clubs, with revenues of £133.9m.

Real Madrid topped the list with revenues of £236.2m, Manchester United were in second position with £212.1m, Chelsea were fourth with £190.5m, and Arsenal came in fifth by generating £177.6m.

The sensational outbreak of warfare in the Anfield boardroom follows the snubbing of Parry and former owner David Moores in the original allocation of tickets for Liverpool’s first Champions League Quarter Final with Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.

They originally were told they did not have tickets for the match because Hicks and co-owner George Gillett had taken the allocation. Parry and Moores were later found tickets after behind-the-scenes turmoil.

Last night, claims emerged that Hicks’s son Tom Jnr has been sending texts to fans’ groups over the issue of Parry’s continued involvement at the club.

It is believed Parry’s legal team will also be investigating these allegations.

Contrary to a report in Arabian Business magazine that DIC were pulling out of bidding for the club, Sheikh Mohammed and Al Ansari were last night said to still be keen on completing a deal.

Their £500m offer for the club is understood to remain on the table. That would pay off the club’s £350m debt and leave both Hicks and Gillett with £40m apiece.

A deal could apparently be struck as soon as Hicks’s lawyers call DIC’s London-based chief negotiator, Amanda Staveley.

Although relations with Hicks broke down more than a month ago, Staveley is said to be on good terms with Gillett and in “constant discourse” with him.

The only sticking point on a deal, insiders say, is Hicks.

He has recently been in London with American investment bank Merrill Lynch seeking credit with which to buy out Gillett.

It is thought a “first refusal” agreement between the Americans, in which one must offer their slice of the club to the other before selling to a third party, comes to an end in about six weeks’ time.

After the pre-emption rights expire, Gillett would be free to sell his share to DIC.

Although DIC would likely make an offer, sources close to the Dubai consortium say they will not rest until they have secured 100% of the club.

Both Sheikh Mohammed and Al Ansari are fervent supporters of the club. Al Ansari will almost certainly attend the Moscow final of the UEFA cup if the team fend off Chelsea in the semi-final.

Al Ansari was quoted in Arabian Business saying: “We will continue to be interested and would love to own the club but we are not going to put ourselves in a difficult situation where we make the investment but we have no control over the destiny of the club and we cannot influence the success of the club.

“Unfortunately, the terms that have been put on the table do not allow us to do that.”

davidbartlett

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/04/11/rick-parry-tells-tom-hicks-i-will-not-resign-from-liverpool-fc-64375-20749846/
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #1429 on: April 11, 2008, 07:34:48 am »
On SSN now that DIC deny reports they are no longer interested in Liverpool

Offline Lazy Gun

• Anny Roader
  • My wife, Jurgena.
« Reply #1430 on: April 11, 2008, 07:36:35 am »
Don't believe any of it because CTR said everything would be alright!!!

Seriously........there is no fundamental change since I last posted on this matter.   As I said then, long before Gillett's public statement, he would not sell one share to Hicks.

I also said that DIC would insist on control but there were a number of way of arranging that

I also said that talk of Rafa's involvement in the politics (another CTR insight) of it all is hogwash - and it is.

The three parties - DIC, TH, GG - are withdrawing to the stance that they think will best help them in negotiations and any related court proceeidngs.

Gillett is working informally with DIC to help it acquire his and Hick's shares directly or through third-parties.

Hick's is playing the role of spoiler.   It is a negotiating tactic.  But it is dangerous one because it is also motivated by revenge and the attempt to save face.  He might miscalculate.  He might, for example, refuse to allow funding for new players.   On the other hand he knows that he has to be careful not to alienate the club to the point of no return.

DIC has no option but to wait for him to stop screaming and shouting and face up to the reality that he has no future at LFC.  In the meantime Hicks is hoping that his threats and stalling tactics will force DIC to offer him more than they are now willing to pay.

One face saving way out of this is for Hicks to sell to a third party - possibly one of his investment funds - and for DIC to buy that fund out. 

Another is for GG to sell to DIC and for DIC to pile the pressure on Hicks.  That was what they intended to do before.   But Hicks indicated he would legally object to such a sale.   DIC and GG believe they could overcome any legal challenge.  But it is messy.  And they do not really want to be 50% owners with a wild man holding the other 50%.   They believe that Hicks will have to sell anyway in the next twelve months.

To boil it down - if Hick and GG could come to agreement that Hicks will not mount a legal challeng to the sale of the GG shares to DIC, and if Hicks will agree to a shareholders agreement with DIC which gives them virutal control, then they would proceed.  Otherwise they will wait until Hicks needs to sell.

Is the right answer!!  This is all about positioning.  Hick's is blustering and DIC are sitting back letting him piss everyone off and back himself into a corner, so that at refinancing time he up shit creek sans paddle. 
Believer

Offline Met

• rosexual?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1431 on: April 11, 2008, 07:37:14 am »

Yup, it's been posted around here several times as well. They're still interested, but are not interested in taking part in the soap opera currently going on. They'll wait until the current owners sorts out their issues and then they'll see. Me thinks

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1432 on: April 11, 2008, 07:47:58 am »
Here's a text message to Hicks's son:

Fck off cnts

Offline Macedonian_Red

• NewsNow. Actually much later. And then probably wrong.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1433 on: April 11, 2008, 07:48:44 am »

Not a surprise, really ...

Offline LiverBirdKop

• Legacy Fan
  • 51,077 Deleted
« Reply #1434 on: April 11, 2008, 07:49:39 am »
Yup, it's been posted around here several times as well. They're still interested, but are not interested in taking part in the soap opera currently going on. They'll wait until the current owners sorts out their issues and then they'll see. Me thinks

Agree. But how out of touch is Hicks to think this would endear him with the fans? It boggles the mind.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 07:51:23 am by LiverBirdKop »

Offline FOURFORKS

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1435 on: April 11, 2008, 07:50:05 am »
How are these two going to agree upon anything sufficiently to agree transfer targets and budgets for next season?  Where is this all going to take us other than down the pan?

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1436 on: April 11, 2008, 07:52:25 am »
This man has to be ousted, people cant be walking on eggshells around him, imagine next season when he continues with this palava, in the press every few weeks.

And the seasons after that, no players will want to join, neither would any managers if Rafa left with all the boardroom politics.

Get out of our club !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline 7Dalglish

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1437 on: April 11, 2008, 07:53:48 am »
Rick Parry tells Tom Hicks: I will not resign from Liverpool FC

Apr 11 2008 by Andy Kelly, Liverpool Daily Post

AS LIVERPOOL FC chief executive Rick Parry last night defiantly refused to resign after a request to stand down from co-owner Tom Hicks, the Daily Post can reveal the reasons for the sensational demand.

In a statement, not dissimilar to quotes given by manager Rafael Benitez at the height of a fall-out with the club’s American owners last year, Parry said: “It is my intention to remain focused on the job of serving Liver- pool Football Club to the best of my abil- ities at this very imp- ortant time of our season.”

The unprecedented stand-off comes on the same day it is learned a deal between Dubai International Capital and LFC’s owners is reportedly just a phone call away.

Comments made by Sameer Al Ansari, CEO of Dubai Internat- ional Capital, to a Middle East business magazine about with-drawing DIC’s offer for LFC were said to be a plea for Hicks to sort his affairs and agree to sell.

Al Ansari has said he “would love to own the club”, but wanted to have control over Liverpool’s destiny before investing.

It is understood that the letter sent, but not yet received by Parry, called on him to “voluntarily resign” because of “commercial under-performance” and “frustrations” at the way he had handled player transfers.

One insider said: “This is just not the Liverpool way, especially after the success of the team on the pitch this week.”

The three-page letter was sent to Parry as Hicks’ 50% share in the club would not allow him to unilaterally dismiss Parry.

It has been circulated to mem-bers of the board, and he is expec-ted to refuse the request after con-sulting lawyers over his position.

A source said: “The basic con-tents of the letter are the commer-cial performance of the club since Rick Parry has been on the board.

“In particular how the club has fallen behind to the big players – [Manchester] United, Arsenal, and Chelsea. He also cites frustration in terms of how some of the player transfers have been handled.”

A report by Deloitte accoun-tants is thought to be the source of Hicks’s belief that Liverpool are failing to capitalise fully on commercial opportunities.

Deloitte's Football Money League, based on revenues gener-ated during 2006/7, places Liver-pool eighth in the list of richest clubs, with revenues of £133.9m.

Real Madrid topped the list with revenues of £236.2m, Manchester United were in second position with £212.1m, Chelsea were fourth with £190.5m, and Arsenal came in fifth by generating £177.6m.

The sensational outbreak of warfare in the Anfield boardroom follows the snubbing of Parry and former owner David Moores in the original allocation of tickets for Liverpool’s first Champions League Quarter Final with Arsenal at the Emirates Stadium.

They originally were told they did not have tickets for the match because Hicks and co-owner George Gillett had taken the allocation. Parry and Moores were later found tickets after behind-the-scenes turmoil.

Last night, claims emerged that Hicks’s son Tom Jnr has been sending texts to fans’ groups over the issue of Parry’s continued involvement at the club.

It is believed Parry’s legal team will also be investigating these allegations.

Contrary to a report in Arabian Business magazine that DIC were pulling out of bidding for the club, Sheikh Mohammed and Al Ansari were last night said to still be keen on completing a deal.

Their £500m offer for the club is understood to remain on the table. That would pay off the club’s £350m debt and leave both Hicks and Gillett with £40m apiece.

A deal could apparently be struck as soon as Hicks’s lawyers call DIC’s London-based chief negotiator, Amanda Staveley.

Although relations with Hicks broke down more than a month ago, Staveley is said to be on good terms with Gillett and in “constant discourse” with him.

The only sticking point on a deal, insiders say, is Hicks.

He has recently been in London with American investment bank Merrill Lynch seeking credit with which to buy out Gillett.

It is thought a “first refusal” agreement between the Americans, in which one must offer their slice of the club to the other before selling to a third party, comes to an end in about six weeks’ time.

After the pre-emption rights expire, Gillett would be free to sell his share to DIC.

Although DIC would likely make an offer, sources close to the Dubai consortium say they will not rest until they have secured 100% of the club.

Both Sheikh Mohammed and Al Ansari are fervent supporters of the club. Al Ansari will almost certainly attend the Moscow final of the UEFA cup if the team fend off Chelsea in the semi-final.

Al Ansari was quoted in Arabian Business saying: “We will continue to be interested and would love to own the club but we are not going to put ourselves in a difficult situation where we make the investment but we have no control over the destiny of the club and we cannot influence the success of the club.

“Unfortunately, the terms that have been put on the table do not allow us to do that.”

davidbartlett

http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2008/04/11/rick-parry-tells-tom-hicks-i-will-not-resign-from-liverpool-fc-64375-20749846/

Thank-you for post-ing this :)

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1438 on: April 11, 2008, 07:56:03 am »
Jeez I go incommunicado for a couple of days, blissfully content with a post-final whistle glow about my demeanour, and I return to this?!!! DIC taking a timeout and the Texan Goatfucker destabilising the club even further (is that actually possible?).

nnnnnggggggggg.......! :no

God knows I've ripped poor old Rick a new one on here many a time (Coco & Silver Spoon thread stands out in memory a little while back), but in this scenario he's like the idiot fuckwit member of your family. He may be totally feckless, infuriating, always in a mess, someone you want to kick the arse of repeatedly....BUT he's still YOUR/OUR feckless infuriating relative so if someone you REALLY don't like has a dig at him, blood ties come to the fore and you stand your ground against any prick that thinks he can have a go at an easy target for his own ends. Because that's what it is, family loyalty essentially, so backing up Parry is an absolute must in this context. Jabba really is a petty despot in wanting all opposition to him removed, and that includes us die-hard fans too, make no mistake. I bet he wishes he could cancel all STs and offer them to clueless daytrippers or OOCers.

Shockingly sad state of affairs we're in, like watching a car crash in very slow motion....I only hope that the crash proves 'fatal' (not in the literal sense obviously although I wouldn't shed a tear or even a guilty thought) to the contemptuous bastard joyriding driver thrashing away at the steering wheel, but doesn't kill the rest of the occupants or worse, write off the vehicle.

Beggars belief that Hicks in his deluded bloated arrogance somehow thinks he's the saviour of this club. In fact he is the cancer, the festering tumour inflicted upon and eating away at us. And to rid us of this Texan Tumour, we need something more effective and less damaging than chemotherapy, more of a multi-targeting approach....

SHRINK his power at the club, protests, boycotts, use the media etc. Image and perception is everything to this hog, Gillett even confirmed it. This is a PR war for him, but it's one he must lose and we must fight each pathetic statement of his, even if it only means one single fan or neutral educated each time.

STARVE his flow of money, boycott merchandising, 'dissuade' potential investors, use the press again, hope the financial crisis and dollar economy continues to squeeze his shrivelled nutsack even tighter (until his eyes pop out works for me), his creditors/financial advisors like JP Morgan, Wachovia etc. feeling the pinch and Yanking the rug from under him.

And finally (this speaks to Parry directly as well as all of those connected with the club) KILL his remaining influence at the club, he's already persona non grata in the city, make him a pariah, ignore his requests, treat him like the absentee landlord he is, undermine him, ridicule him, pray for something untoward to happen to force him to release his desperate claw-like grip.

Shrink. Starve. Kill. That's exactly how to deal with malignant tumours.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 08:13:39 am by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1439 on: April 11, 2008, 07:56:18 am »
How are these two going to agree upon anything sufficiently to agree transfer targets and budgets for next season?  Where is this all going to take us other than down the pan?

Well it can't get past the refinancing stage and they know it - and surely their bargaining position will be more dire the closer they get to it.
NAKED BOOBERY