Author Topic: Sadio Mané  (Read 1760339 times)

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Sadio Mané
« Reply #11040 on: September 12, 2021, 08:41:04 pm »
and yet Klopp said he was exceptional.

I wonder who to trust more?  :D
He was good. Just lacked the finishing touch. That goal will help his confidence.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #11041 on: September 12, 2021, 08:44:38 pm »
Massively in his own head at the moment, he seems to be shooting with - or moving to - the wrong foot a hell of a lot of the time, but at least it keeps defenders guessing I suppose!

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11042 on: September 12, 2021, 08:52:03 pm »

Exceptional can be in terms of effort, which is what I think Klopp meant, in that he eventually got the goal his hard work deserved.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline lamonti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11043 on: September 12, 2021, 09:11:15 pm »
A couple of great blocks by Leeds players and a ropey pass from Jota for the first one all contributed. Delighted he got his goal.

Offline palimpsest

• Kopite
« Reply #11044 on: September 12, 2021, 09:14:31 pm »
I thought he was great and was pretty encouraged by his performance. He still lacks some composure and concentration in the box, but he's definitely improved. His movement and positioning were fantastic throughout the game.
We had dreams and songs to sing...

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11045 on: September 12, 2021, 09:40:16 pm »
Exceptional can be in terms of effort, which is what I think Klopp meant, in that he eventually got the goal his hard work deserved.

Yes you would think that as it suits your opinion more  :D

Online RedG13

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11046 on: September 12, 2021, 09:42:02 pm »

Mane just outplaying Leeds by himself

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11047 on: September 12, 2021, 09:49:24 pm »
Lol, some of you worry too much. I have this image of yous pacing about tearing your hair out and muttering to yourselves.

It comes to something when Matin Tyler - yes Martin Shittalk Tyler - makes more sense than some of you. But as he rightly said, if a goal scorer is getting into scoring positions regularly then there's little to worry about. The goals will follow; there may be bad games where nothing goes in but that's an occupational hazard for footballers and as long as the player is getting scoring chances then he will start scoring again.

Mane will be fine.
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11048 on: September 12, 2021, 09:50:20 pm »
He beat defenders all afternoon.  He was an absolute menace, finishing was iffy though, I’ll give you that.

Agree with this. Looked dangerous all game.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11049 on: September 12, 2021, 09:50:22 pm »
He sleeps in a racing car. Do you?
But he also uses a change purse, so you can't trust him
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Djozer

• Ujpest
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11050 on: September 12, 2021, 09:55:30 pm »

Mane just outplaying Leeds by himself
Haha, that's class. I'm in the 'thought he was good today aside from the finishing' camp. Think it bodes well, hopefully.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11051 on: September 12, 2021, 09:57:17 pm »
He sleeps in a racing car. Do you?

I see he's not responded yet but he'll be back. Pr... probably.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

« Reply #11052 on: September 12, 2021, 10:42:26 pm »
I thought he was off with his dribbling passing and decision making when compared to a couple of seasons ago but still better than last season and a lot more involved. His movement was Jota-esq and that put him at the end of several chances, with better finishing earlier in the game I think his overall performance would have improved as he would have been less anxious.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11053 on: September 12, 2021, 10:50:35 pm »
He was good up until final decision making today. Should have scored a few today.

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11054 on: September 12, 2021, 10:57:10 pm »
God loves a trier and so do I.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11055 on: September 12, 2021, 10:59:21 pm »
He was good up until final decision making today. Should have scored a few today.
Awful finishing from Mane.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11056 on: September 12, 2021, 11:28:02 pm »
Awful finishing from Mane.

He needs to sort it out. He isn't gonna have 10 shots every game, not everyone is shit like Leeds.  ;D
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #11057 on: September 12, 2021, 11:44:46 pm »
Played his heart out today. Fucking made up or him

Offline KirkVanHouten

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11058 on: September 13, 2021, 12:17:58 am »

Bizarre this, what is Klopp going to say about a player who clearly appears to be in his own head at the moment. His effort to keep going was exceptional but his execution clearly wasn’t, which Klopp also said about the team in his post match interviews. Do you think Klopp is going to tell him that he doesn’t need to improve anything from that performance?

I think he’s got plenty more to give us he just needs to relax a bit in the final third. I don’t get how this is a controversial opinion. He was missing easy passes he’d usually nail and he attempted to beat a man several times to get a shot off and failed. He was trying too hard to score and it was clouding his decision making.

Offline number 168

• Bootle - Aigburth Vale. Mon-Sat evenings, Sundays & Bank Holidays only. Arl fart clearly past his sell-his-season-ticket-by-date.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11059 on: September 13, 2021, 12:23:06 am »
Bizarre this, what is Klopp going to say about a player who clearly appears to be in his own head at the moment. His effort to keep going was exceptional but his execution clearly wasn’t, which Klopp also said about the team in his post match interviews. Do you think Klopp is going to tell him that he doesn’t need to improve anything from that performance?

I think he’s got plenty more to give us he just needs to relax a bit in the final third. I don’t get how this is a controversial opinion. He was missing easy passes he’d usually nail and he attempted to beat a man several times to get a shot off and failed. He was trying too hard to score and it was clouding his decision making.

Nah, he was great just shit at finishing, apart from his goal of course.

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #11060 on: September 13, 2021, 12:28:25 am »
Nah, he was great just shit at finishing, apart from his goal of course.
Exactly. As were the whole team

We coulda buried them today first half

Team, good.
Custard, good
Meat.Goood
Finishing,Bad.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #11061 on: September 13, 2021, 12:31:13 am »
He created a ton of great chances that any other day would have resulted in him having a hatrick.

Offline Red Cactii

• Legacy Fan
  • An absolute p***k
« Reply #11062 on: September 13, 2021, 10:13:06 am »
A good forward gets in “positions to miss” but unfortunately for Sadio he just can’t seem to bury them, probably scored the most difficult of his chances inside the box and you could sense the relief on his face afterwards. Some really good linkup play and never lets a defender rest, if he keeps up the intensity like this he’ll score 20 this season easily.

Offline Gainsbarre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11063 on: September 13, 2021, 10:25:16 am »
Sadio just needs to work on his decision making... which was pretty poor yesterday but that was stemming from him wanting to score a goal so badly... both actually Sadio and Mo can up their game and hopefully will .. Our attack last year was very inefficient the second half of the season and I hope that will change this season.
"Blackstone was targeted by Internet terrorists," Hicks said. "It absolutely had an impact on them."

Offline redwillow

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11064 on: September 13, 2021, 10:30:40 am »
i thought that was one of his best games in a long time, obviously he could have scored more but he was a danger all game which is exactly what you want.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #11065 on: September 13, 2021, 10:31:06 am »
He is currently standing on 99 goals, get his 100 out of the way and he'll be on his way to finding that confidence once again. He works his arse off during a game Sadio, he will be fine.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #11066 on: September 13, 2021, 10:31:12 am »
For all this talk of Mane being out of form, he has 2 goals in 4 matches so far (a rate which would be about 20 goals in a season), and finished last season with 4 in 5 or something like that. I'm too lazy to look it up, but he has probably scored more than Salah the last 10 PL games. He was in poor form in the winter, but he's a very good player in current form.

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #11067 on: September 13, 2021, 10:37:22 am »
The way ox didn’t even celebrate, just dirty as fuck he didn’t pass it was hilarious.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11068 on: September 13, 2021, 10:39:26 am »
The way ox didn’t even celebrate, just dirty as fuck he didn’t pass it was hilarious.

That ball was meant to Ox and he would have been free right on the penalty spot. He was probably already thinking of what to spend that goal bonus on when Thiago passed it.

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11069 on: September 13, 2021, 10:41:36 am »
199-D8-C86-B10-C-4645-82-C6-27-CE4-EA56-D75" border="0

Offline dutchkop

• has an issue with his phlemish phalange (bunch of jackals, leave him alone).
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11070 on: September 13, 2021, 10:41:56 am »
Was a little unlucky to boot, Meslier left a leg when Sadio droped the shoulder and it clipped of his heel for a corner, had to go down as a good save but was lucky and i would guess he didn't know much about it, also a fantastic last second tackle when he was going to shoot denied him. The open goal, well ...should have scored, on another day he gets 3 maybe 4. and he soon will.

I was thinking about Sadio and Liverpool luck yesterday when I watched Real vs Celta da vigo match.. goals were scored from deflected "saves" that went inside the post. While our shots on goal were deflected wide.. the football gods need to be on your side. 

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #11071 on: September 13, 2021, 10:43:12 am »
2 goals in 4 games (should have been 3 in 4 if a Chelsea player had not used an arm to scoop one out on the goal line) at the start of a season, and scored in the international break as well. Running, twisting, turning, beating his man, getting into dangerous positions over and over again.

He is doing fine. Sometimes you have games where a lot of chances fail to be converted. There's nothing new in that. You can find games like that throughout any goalscorer's career.

Offline him_15

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11072 on: September 13, 2021, 10:45:10 am »
Really worry about his finishing.
Believer

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11073 on: September 13, 2021, 10:46:29 am »
199-D8-C86-B10-C-4645-82-C6-27-CE4-EA56-D75" border="0

thanks for this graphic,, who is the source of this or the stats used to contstruct this graphic?
I am trying to understand it.

I do not understand this graphic fully as Sadio only had one goal - why are there 2 green dots? and in total I count 21 dots - are these all for Sadio.
from BBC we had 30 shots and 9 on target.
Did all the other players only get 9 shots off - or are some of these shots associated to Mane in this graphic not counted as shots by BBC shot stats counter?

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11074 on: September 13, 2021, 10:48:12 am »
thanks for this graphic,, who is the source of this or the stats used to contstruct this graphic?
I am trying to understand it.

I do not understand this graphic fully as Sadio only had one goal - why are there 2 green dots? and in total I count 21 dots - are these all for Sadio.
from BBC we had 30 shots and 9 on target.
Did all the other players only get 9 shots off - or are some of these shots associated to Mane in this graphic not counted as shots by BBC shot stats counter?

This is for this season mate…

The site is https://understat.com/player/838

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11075 on: September 13, 2021, 10:48:14 am »
Really worry about his finishing.

He is currently standing on 99 goals scored for Liverpool, stop worrying he will be fine once he gets that 100th one.

Offline dutchkop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11076 on: September 13, 2021, 10:49:13 am »
2 goals in 4 games (should have been 3 in 4 if a Chelsea player had not used an arm to scoop one out on the goal line) at the start of a season, and scored in the international break as well. Running, twisting, turning, beating his man, getting into dangerous positions over and over again.

He is doing fine. Sometimes you have games where a lot of chances fail to be converted. There's nothing new in that. You can find games like that throughout any goalscorer's career.
I agree about him getting into dangerous goal scoring positions.
I think he is too keen sometimes (& moves into position too early -including offsides)- but like Klopp or Pep Lijnders says - sometimes no one including Sadio knows what he is doing with ball at his feet.

keep it up lad, I would rather you missed  9 a match and scored in every match than you were not in a goal scoring position or getting off shots.

his stats for us are 1 in nearly every 2 nd game 99 goals in 222 games. Well done Sadio

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4nEuu-OzZo  Sadio song in Madrid.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2021, 10:51:49 am by dutchkop »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11077 on: September 13, 2021, 10:52:27 am »
He is currently standing on 99 goals, get his 100 out of the way and he'll be on his way to finding that confidence once again. He works his arse off during a game Sadio, he will be fine.

I know you love your cricket Jill. :D

Are you saying he’s in the nervous nineties?

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11078 on: September 13, 2021, 10:53:56 am »
I know you love your cricket Jill. :D

Are you saying he’s in the nervous nineties?

He just needs his century? Is that what they call it in that strange, strange game?  ;D

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #11079 on: September 13, 2021, 10:56:19 am »
He just needs his century? Is that what they call it in that strange, strange game?  ;D

Indeed! Someone scan be scoring fluently and then get a bit bogged down the closer they get to a hundred.