Author Topic: The Mysterious World Of Hassinator  (Read 488253 times)

Offline Bennyo

• Wasn't arsed about having a custom title, so all he got was this.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Mysterious World Of Hassinator
« Reply #360 on: July 24, 2010, 04:33:35 pm »
ITS AMAZING AND I WANT IT.  really good work sir.  is it really in rose gold? 

Nope, it's in stainless steel which I think I prefer as it's harder. I wear it everyday and I'd mess it up if it was gold. I believe the back case cover is gold? It's a quality case though, durable that has a really attractive finish that doesn't come across at all in the photo.

If you like the style, there's a bunch of vintage rolex shops in Burlington Arcade, and I know the quartered gold/silver dial was used quite a bit by Rolex in the 30s so you might find something similar there? It's also at the lower end of Rolex prices too :) - You would've payed a few times more for the Oyster you have now. The one I put in the link earlier looks pretty much exactly like mine, however I'd feel a bit uneasy buying online when there's so much fraud on these kind of things.

The problems with the watch are that it a) predates the 'perpetual' technology and so you have to manually wind it each morning - which isn't so bad and has become habitual when I put it on, and b) it predates shock-resistance technology so when I go on a night out I can lose as much as 15 minutes! It's bang on the rest of the time though.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: July 24, 2010, 04:36:13 pm »
can't resist posting both of these.  focus on the watch though, yeah? ;D

yeah....

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #362 on: July 24, 2010, 04:43:41 pm »
Dont have the book, but Iv been tempted to buy it a few times. The fashion is looking back because its so ingrained in the club. Its has become one of those untouchable things that signafies the identity of Liverpool, like The Kop and YNWA.

you see i fundamentally disagree.  our fans were looking fashion forward when we dominated europe.  the whole point was to look both different and better than the rest of the riff raff round england.   why should that ethos shift into reflecting on past glories?  its all about looking forward but as i've said before there is more than one way to skin a cat and nothing wrong with retro if its done with a certain elan.  mix it up big man.  there's room for more than one view this though i have to concede.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #363 on: July 24, 2010, 04:45:32 pm »

just bought a house and have a bun in the oven - eta august 4th - and got a massive bollocking for a sneaky restock on some ralph lauren the other day so will have to consign this into the 'soon come' folder unless my new company kicks off quicktime.  fingers crossed, eh? :)

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #364 on: July 24, 2010, 04:46:04 pm »
Dont have the book, but Iv been tempted to buy it a few times. The fashion is looking back because its so ingrained in the club. Its has become one of those untouchable things that signafies the identity of Liverpool, like The Kop and YNWA.

oh and get the book.  you will not be disappointed.  its been made into a film too but i don't know if its been out yet or not?

Offline Manila Kop

• TRYING HARD TO FIT IN OOTER
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Greatest Fighter in the World
« Reply #365 on: July 24, 2010, 04:56:46 pm »
The A.Lange and Sohn 'Richard Lange Referenzuhr', I just can't put into words how beautiful I think it is, and a mere snip at 49,000 Euros for the Platinum case edition (a slightly cheaper version is available @ 39,000 Euros in pink gold).

Frak, now that's something to aspire to.

As is that.  ;D
The infallible wank stain
Lolzies. More chance of a wank off the pope than beating United, I'm afraid. It is beyond Benitez, apart from when they were at their lowest ebb, when we knocked them out of the FA Cup. They certainly aren't anywhere near there now.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: July 24, 2010, 04:57:07 pm »
just bought a house and have a bun in the oven - eta august 4th - and got a massive bollocking for a sneaky restock on some ralph lauren the other day so will have to consign this into the 'soon come' folder unless my new company kicks off quicktime.  fingers crossed, eh? :)

Fair enough! Not something to pick up along with the milk and bog roll.. Still, an oggle's free. I'm going back to uni in September so pretty much all of this thread is just fancy for me nowadays.

Best wishes with the kid! It's very lucky to grow up under the influence of someone with such good taste ;)

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: July 24, 2010, 05:10:42 pm »
oh and get the book.  you will not be disappointed.  its been made into a film too but i don't know if its been out yet or not?

The Awaydays book is decent but the film is awful. Its out on DVD now.

You should pick up the book 'The Liverpool Boys are in Town' by Dave Hewitson. Its a short book you could probably finish in a few hours but its basically him talking about travelling all over Europe following the reds but more focused on the fashion and the clothes they picked up on their travels. It has some brilliant photos of the gear they 'purchased'.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: July 24, 2010, 05:11:56 pm »
you see i fundamentally disagree.  our fans were looking fashion forward when we dominated europe.  the whole point was to look both different and better than the rest of the riff raff round england.   why should that ethos shift into reflecting on past glories?  its all about looking forward but as i've said before there is more than one way to skin a cat and nothing wrong with retro if its done with a certain elan.  mix it up big man.  there's room for more than one view this though i have to concede.

I always think about that when I see the 'punks' hanging around Camden Lock. They remind me of a quote from Joe Strummer who said that their style, and the punk style in 1976 was all about being 'fast and new'. Wearing the same stuff as they had on then is a stab in the heart to all those who put it on in the first place. For a movement that was supposedly all about values, it's absolute satire to have people claiming to be punk in 2010 in their Clash gear.

Not quite the same, but I think you know how I see similarities.

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #369 on: July 24, 2010, 05:18:43 pm »
aw shucks..

Here's the real deal with custom Shitty Lighting (tm) to bring out the scratches.

Outstanding.  Omega any day of the week and at least twice on Sundays.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2010, 05:22:15 pm by Raul. »

Offline mig

• Legacy Fan
  • Bringing back better days
« Reply #370 on: July 24, 2010, 05:33:18 pm »

So...umm...yeah. What time is it again?

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #371 on: July 24, 2010, 05:53:55 pm »
So...umm...yeah. What time is it again?

lauren is an absolutely top bird.  you might recognise her from some music videos we did together.

put your hands up for detroit:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HYPqA4slnbQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HYPqA4slnbQ</a>
« Last Edit: October 17, 2012, 11:44:06 am by hassinator »

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #372 on: July 24, 2010, 05:55:02 pm »
I always think about that when I see the 'punks' hanging around Camden Lock. They remind me of a quote from Joe Strummer who said that their style, and the punk style in 1976 was all about being 'fast and new'. Wearing the same stuff as they had on then is a stab in the heart to all those who put it on in the first place. For a movement that was supposedly all about values, it's absolute satire to have people claiming to be punk in 2010 in their Clash gear.

Not quite the same, but I think you know how I see similarities.

just wait until you see my outfit for tonights party ;-)

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #373 on: July 24, 2010, 05:55:44 pm »
The Awaydays book is decent but the film is awful. Its out on DVD now.

You should pick up the book 'The Liverpool Boys are in Town' by Dave Hewitson. Its a short book you could probably finish in a few hours but its basically him talking about travelling all over Europe following the reds but more focused on the fashion and the clothes they picked up on their travels. It has some brilliant photos of the gear they 'purchased'.

i believe i have it in a pile to be read.  will dig it out and let you know what i think big man.

Offline KERRYKOP

• KerryKop - Fiendish Bunny Slayer, Enemy Of The Lapine Race and founder of the Benitez band. Mugs old ladies for their kindles. Grindr fiend.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RIP Páidí Ó Sé
« Reply #374 on: July 24, 2010, 05:58:40 pm »
lauren is an absolutely top bird.  you might recognise her from some music videos we did together.

put your hands up for detroit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYPqA4slnbQ

Chirst Hass do you basically work on all the decent dance videos. Are you involved in the casting as well you bastard?

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #375 on: July 24, 2010, 06:12:12 pm »
Chirst Hass do you basically work on all the decent dance videos. Are you involved in the casting as well you bastard?

simple answers: yes and yes.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #376 on: July 24, 2010, 06:19:18 pm »
simple answers: yes and yes.
You're already a marked man because of your taste in shoes, you want genuine death threats due to you being the jammiest bastard on this site? ;)
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #377 on: July 24, 2010, 06:38:16 pm »
You're already a marked man because of your taste in shoes, you want genuine death threats due to you being the jammiest bastard on this site? ;)

tee hee.  someone's got to do it and it might as well be me ;D

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #378 on: July 25, 2010, 05:35:44 am »
tee hee.  someone's got to do it and it might as well be me ;D
I can only guess how many on here are now trying to think of a way of asking you if you can sort them out with a job, the man who applies the baby oil, that sort of useful hands on job with a future type position. ;)
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #379 on: July 25, 2010, 07:15:20 am »
I can only guess how many on here are now trying to think of a way of asking you if you can sort them out with a job, the man who applies the baby oil, that sort of useful hands on job with a future type position. ;)
Mouth,Don't beat about the bush....just come straight out with it and ask for that job. 

You know you want to. ;)

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: July 25, 2010, 11:48:08 am »
A little bit boring, but I haven't seen a nicer pair of regular loafers

http://shop.acnestudios.com/shop/men/shoes/delhi-1-s-s-10-33525.html

Also - I'd kill for this cardigan. I have a feeling it's Comme Des Garcons (Dover Street Market is my Euromillions shop), as it's Juan Cocco, but I'm not sure. If anyone can tell me where to get it I'd be very very very grateful.

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: July 25, 2010, 04:58:55 pm »
There isn't much of a difference - both come in the same oyster case I believe and have the same movements. They're both 'legacy' type models - the 'oyster' brand dates back to the 20s (I have one from 1939 - art deco, fucking sweet), and the air king to the 50s.

What you want is this one though. Hard to find apparently, but they have a ton in Burlington Arcade

Not a massive fan of new watches, particularly the large metal link straps which I think are a bit vulgar.

If I was going to buy a Rolex I would buy something like this;

There are so many beautiful watches from that era.

In terms of modern watches, I quite like these two from Uniform Wares and Tsovet respectively;

Although, the Tsovet one would be far too big for my skinny wrist.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #382 on: July 25, 2010, 05:01:29 pm »
If anyone can tell me where to get it I'd be very very very grateful.

If they're out of stock my mates granny has one very similiar mate.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline grifter

• Merderer on the Orient Express. The Brian Sewell of RAWK.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: July 25, 2010, 05:13:48 pm »

Also - I'd kill for this cardigan. I have a feeling it's Comme Des Garcons (Dover Street Market is my Euromillions shop), as it's Juan Cocco, but I'm not sure. If anyone can tell me where to get it I'd be very very very grateful.

Grayson Perry is a talentless attention seeking gobshite. Wolfgang Tillmans is a bell-end. Cy Twombly is a nob-ead.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: July 25, 2010, 05:31:55 pm »
 :)

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #385 on: July 25, 2010, 08:37:45 pm »
@bennyo - killer cardi.  i say 'get it'

Offline Grushko

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: July 25, 2010, 09:38:53 pm »
I could ask me nan to knit one for you if you want?
You are Always in our Hearts
You are Always in our Thoughts
We Will Never forget You
You Will Never Walk Alone

Gone, but never, ever forgotten.

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #387 on: July 26, 2010, 08:05:47 am »
I could ask me nan to knit one for you if you want?

i'd rather she knitted you a noose  :-*

Offline Devastatin' Dave

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: July 26, 2010, 10:14:30 am »

In all seriousness, charity shops might be your best bet in finding something similar, then getting it tailored to fit your build.

Although, judging on the price of those shoes, saving on the cash isn't the priority.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: July 26, 2010, 11:28:42 am »
In all seriousness, charity shops might be your best bet in finding something similar, then getting it tailored to fit your build.

Although, judging on the price of those shoes, saving on the cash isn't the priority.

Yeah, I know - I've got a south american(ish) cardigan thing.. and I do go into thrift shops from time to time (but in London they always cost a fucking fortune - maybe I'm looking in the wrong shops?) I don't know why I just have a thing for this one in particular - probably because I can't find it.

As I mentioned above, I'm going back to uni soon so having zero income for the next two years means price is a factor! Certainly rules out those shoes (although the blue ones are half price... hmmm)!

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #390 on: July 26, 2010, 02:57:42 pm »
@bennyo you may be interested to know that visvim are entering the world of cosmetics and scent this fall.   wonder what it will smell like apart from really expensive? ;D

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #391 on: July 26, 2010, 02:59:04 pm »
this is one of my favourite videos i've ever worked on.  i had to spend 10 days in the grenadines during february and got paid for it.  those were indeed the days. 

fatboy slim 'ya mama' directed by the might traktor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEq10L7u3SM

Offline PeterJM

• The Queens Drive Dodger. Has a reckless appetite for meat
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #392 on: July 26, 2010, 03:14:40 pm »
this is one of my favourite videos i've ever worked on.  i had to spend 10 days in the grenadines during february and got paid for it.  those were indeed the days. 

10 days in the grenadines.........that musta been a drag.  ::)

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #393 on: July 26, 2010, 03:41:46 pm »
10 days in the grenadines.........that musta been a drag.  ::)

these days you are lucky if they pay your cab to hackney.  things just aint what they used to be....

Offline Lent§

• RAWK Stuff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: July 26, 2010, 03:43:39 pm »
these days you are lucky if they pay your cab to hackney.  things just aint what they used to be....
Grenadines to Hackney, what a come down!
psn = Lents123

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: July 26, 2010, 03:50:27 pm »
@bennyo you may be interested to know that visvim are entering the world of cosmetics and scent this fall.   wonder what it will smell like apart from really expensive? ;D

Nice! (warning - the next bit is really sad) I reckon I'll want a new smell by autumn, and have started to check stuff out so I'll know what I want by then. I've always been really behind the curve on this as I've always just stuck with one or two things for years and never bothered checking what else was out there. Will def check it out. Think I'll want something a bit 'darker', as the Le Labo stuff is so light (my boss' PA said I smelt like "a lemon". lovely).

Offline hassinator

• RAWK Funk Soul Brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • oot and proud
    • good egg hq
« Reply #396 on: July 26, 2010, 03:58:14 pm »
Nice! (warning - the next bit is really sad) I reckon I'll want a new smell by autumn, and have started to check stuff out so I'll know what I want by then. I've always been really behind the curve on this as I've always just stuck with one or two things for years and never bothered checking what else was out there. Will def check it out. Think I'll want something a bit 'darker', as the Le Labo stuff is so light (my boss' PA said I smelt like "a lemon". lovely).

sorry but your boss is a knob.  that labo 22 is the scent of the summer.  the bergamot is over pretty quickly in terms of the dry down but its just so fucking fresh.  i've had more people approach me about this than any other scent well at least since i started getting into creed a few years ago.  if you want to move away into autumn i strongly recommend getting involved with creed.  their 'green irish tweed' is the all time classic and a great woody scent that's still fresh but i'm happy to run through the card.  'erolfa' has a hint of brine and the sea - think the hamptons; chinos rolled up; quoddy deck shoes and a long legged blonde built like a prima ballerina and with perfect teeth. 

my personal favourite from creed is either 'virgin island water' (grapefruit; mandarine; lime with a coconut mid-range) for the summer and 'vetiver' for all the time.  its definitely a love it or hate it so make sure you approach it first before your nose has taken a pounding from other samples still i think the 'green irish tweed' is a great place to start the journey.  they do some limited editions that are over a grand but regular bottles are around £120.

frederic malle's so hot right now but i find his scents can be a little complex and definitely stray into camp.  not a problem for a gaylord like me but if you do go there i like 'brigarde concentree' (your boss will say you smell like an orange though its actually closer to mandarine).  their geranium pour homme is a summer scent but very fresh and basically has a heavy mint basenote that seems really fresh on hot days.

i hope some of this helps.

Offline Bennyo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: July 26, 2010, 04:11:27 pm »

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #398 on: July 26, 2010, 04:43:20 pm »
Quote from: hassinator on Today at 03:58:14 PM

frederic malle's so hot right now

>

Hass checks himself out in the mirror  ;D

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #399 on: July 26, 2010, 04:50:48 pm »

Git

Oh how my heart bleeds! I say again, git!

;D