Poll

Tory Christmas Party

Nothing like a good old knees up!
They should apologise and come clean
Johnson should resign
The front bench should resign
The entire party should resign
The entire party should be put in an Elon Musk rocket and fired off to jupiter with 2 packets of hula hoops and a pot noodle
I LOVE cheese!

Author Topic: Doesn't matter who you vote for as long as it's for the right reasons!  (Read 1165251 times)

Offline DJBrenton

• Legacy Fan
Re: Politics thread III
« Reply #280 on: December 5, 2019, 10:52:35 am »
Im in agreement with the sentiment of your post hence asking has he asked them to explain their thought processes. I'd like to hear their responses to try and better undrstand their viewpoint.

Back in the late 80's I voted Tory because I cared about people. I was raised in a house where the Daily Mail dropped through the door every morning so my opinions were based on what I 'knew'. I wanted a sustainable welfare system, and I was led to believe that Labour would be so bad for our economy that the country would not be able to sustain the NHS or benefit system. I believed that people who voted Labour were foolish and didn't understand economics. It annoyed me that Conservative voters were all stigmatised as 'uncaring' when my very reasons for voting the way I did was because I cared. Like me, many people believed in trickle down economics and that what was good for business was good for everyone. I did discover what was really at the heart of the Conservative party in time but only because I was involved in politics. For many, a cursory glance at the headlines is as much interest as they take, so to characterise them as somehow evil because their worldview has been shaped by what they are told every day is wrong. You can use 'ignorant' but it shouldn't be a perjorative. It's the state our media want us in and it works.
I have no children on RAWK. Anyone claiming to be my daughter is a blagger trying to bask in reflected glory.

Offline Robinred

• Wanted for burglary.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Red since '64
« Reply #281 on: December 5, 2019, 10:53:31 am »
Brummies🙄

Watching that focus group where no one seemed to understand anything (“you’ll get a straight answer from Johnson”, “Labour don’t seem to be for the common working people any more”, “ the billionaires will lose lots of money with Brexit, that’s why we haven’t left”) etc. made me want to put my foot through the t.v. If it hadn’t been Ch. 4 I’d have suspected it was rigged.

What it did do was remind me of my quite unnerving, but deeply felt thought after the referendum, that I truly no longer believed implicitly, in universal suffrage.
"The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology...as long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth." Mikhail Bakunin

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #282 on: December 5, 2019, 10:58:46 am »
Brummies🙄

Watching that focus group where no one seemed to understand anything (“you’ll get a straight answer from Johnson”, “Labour don’t seem to be for the common working people any more”, “ the billionaires will lose lots of money with Brexit, that’s why we haven’t left”) etc. made me want to put my foot through the t.v. If it hadn’t been Ch. 4 I’d have suspected it was rigged.

What it did do was remind me of my quite unnerving, but deeply felt thought after the referendum, that I truly no longer believed implicitly, in universal suffrage.

There were loads of contradictions. The billionaires will lose a lot of money, but then asked about the future loads of them talked about trade deals with the USA.

I hate and practically never talk politics with anyone in the real world bar 1 or 2 good friends and my other half but sometimes you wish you could be in these groups and go all Frank Grimes on it (the bit where he has a go at Homer, not when he kills himself).

Online filopastry

• seldom posts but often delivers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let me tell you a story.........
« Reply #283 on: December 5, 2019, 11:01:28 am »
Unsurprisingly the JLM submission on antisemitism within the Labour party does not apparently make particularly pleasant reading.

https://www.scribd.com/document/438367082/Redacted-JLM-Closing-Submission-to-the-EHRC
« Last Edit: December 5, 2019, 11:05:58 am by filopastry »

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #284 on: December 5, 2019, 11:49:18 am »
 :wanker

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #285 on: December 5, 2019, 12:44:11 pm »
Did Swinson have her Ed Milliband moment yesterday, apologizing for her voting record?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #286 on: December 5, 2019, 12:46:42 pm »
Back in the late 80's I voted Tory because I cared about people. I was raised in a house where the Daily Mail dropped through the door every morning so my opinions were based on what I 'knew'. I wanted a sustainable welfare system, and I was led to believe that Labour would be so bad for our economy that the country would not be able to sustain the NHS or benefit system. I believed that people who voted Labour were foolish and didn't understand economics. It annoyed me that Conservative voters were all stigmatised as 'uncaring' when my very reasons for voting the way I did was because I cared. Like me, many people believed in trickle down economics and that what was good for business was good for everyone. I did discover what was really at the heart of the Conservative party in time but only because I was involved in politics. For many, a cursory glance at the headlines is as much interest as they take, so to characterise them as somehow evil because their worldview has been shaped by what they are told every day is wrong. You can use 'ignorant' but it shouldn't be a perjorative. It's the state our media want us in and it works.

Thanks for sharing that mate. I'm guessing you no longer vote Tory?

As for people 'not caring' or 'being oblivious' of the truth - I think these are correct. Yeah, people can stay in their self-affirming bubbles, but people that did care would step out of their 'safe area' and look at facts. Although they annoy me greatly, I'll read stuff from Right-Wing papers, independant papers and then papers that align with my world views.

I feel, personally, that for someone like me - not that bright - that getting a more rounded view on the way things are and they way they are portrayed is the best way for me to make my mind up on something.

That's why the BBC is good, to be fair, because they represent the Right, the Left, The Centre and the Far-Right - so the BBC will offer a more 'out of your zone' view than you'd get in partisan publications that fit your mindset anyway.

Addendum. ITV and Channel 4 and Sky are also good ways to see the other views on offer..
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #287 on: December 5, 2019, 12:47:06 pm »
If the prospective PM is too cowardly to go on a TV show, what does that say about his ability to lead a nation?

There`s a pattern of behaviour from Johnson there and alarm bells should be ringing for those who are actually considering voting for him and his party.

He will still make a better PM than Corbyn though. That's an irrefutable fact.*

* According to everything I read in the papers, and from opinion polls, and from some quite intelligent RAWK members. So it must be true.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #288 on: December 5, 2019, 12:49:37 pm »

* According to everything I read in the papers, and from opinion polls, and from some quite intelligent RAWK members. So it must be true.

Hilarious lack of awareness, while making a point about facts, to end it with something entirely and sensationally made up.

Unless you can point us to these posts?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #289 on: December 5, 2019, 12:56:03 pm »
Yeah come on. Here's your big chance to show how rotten we are. Let's have the quotes drmick.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #290 on: December 5, 2019, 01:12:40 pm »
I’m reading the book about Jimmy Savile, “In Plain Sight”. Before the revelations of what he was actually like came out , upon his death, he was most famous for being a bit odd & for his long record of philanthropy. It’s said he raised millions for many causes, which often opened all kinds of actual doors for him.

The author suggests that his good works served two purposes; firstly that , perhaps they salved his guilty conscience in an attempt to balance the books of his lifelong behaviour. But, later, his charity work afforded him protection from those who knew what he was really like & from the prying eyes of those that were suspicious.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #291 on: December 5, 2019, 02:00:40 pm »
Survation poll of Wrexham for the Economist implying that some parts of the Labour "Red Wall" might not be too sturdy.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #292 on: December 5, 2019, 02:24:47 pm »
Survation poll of Wrexham for the Economist implying that some parts of the Labour "Red Wall" might not be too sturdy.

Remainers fault.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #293 on: December 5, 2019, 02:52:50 pm »

Jesus Christ I can't put into words how depressing that is.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #294 on: December 5, 2019, 02:55:18 pm »
Jesus Christ I can't put into words how depressing that is.

Wrexham!!!

What the hell is going on?

Where are peoples heads at?

:no
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #295 on: December 5, 2019, 03:00:56 pm »
Wrexham!!!

What the hell is going on?

Where are peoples heads at?

:no

I'm from there originally. I've seen a bit of it on social media suggesting it's swinging that way to be honest. I saw a lad the other day posting a status about having been laid off and looking for work, 2 weeks later he has a 'vote conservative' banner on his facebook profile.

It's absolutely crushing that this is happening.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #296 on: December 5, 2019, 03:13:22 pm »
:wanker

He (schofield) was like a dog with a bone last week with Corbyn in terms of hounding him to apologise for ‘anti semitism’.  And this week he’s having selfies with Johnson while his sidekick Holly giggles like a schoolgirl beside him.  Like it or not it is these images that will resonate with your average person watching daytime tv.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #297 on: December 5, 2019, 03:21:57 pm »

A work colleague has consistently referred to the fact only those who take some sort of test and score above ‘x’ should be able to vote.  To be fair he’s been saying this ever since the referendum.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #298 on: December 5, 2019, 03:42:28 pm »
He (schofield) was like a dog with a bone last week with Corbyn in terms of hounding him to apologise for ‘anti semitism’.  And this week he’s having selfies with Johnson while his sidekick Holly giggles like a schoolgirl beside him.  Like it or not it is these images that will resonate with your average person watching daytime tv.

It was hardly going to be a Paxman style grilling when you go on there. Schofield didnt even give Corbyn a hard time either.

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #299 on: December 5, 2019, 03:58:59 pm »
Always worthwhile listening to the vox pops from John Harris, even if you don't like what people are saying.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2019/dec/05/anywhere-but-westminster-strength-of-labours-red-wall-will-sway-election-video
« Last Edit: December 5, 2019, 04:15:52 pm by filopastry »

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #300 on: December 5, 2019, 05:43:38 pm »
Always worthwhile listening to the vox pops from John Harris, even if you don't like what people are saying.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/video/2019/dec/05/anywhere-but-westminster-strength-of-labours-red-wall-will-sway-election-video

They are, but do they tell us anything new? People distrust Westminster, they hate politicians, their areas have turned to shite, etc.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #301 on: December 5, 2019, 06:10:18 pm »
They are, but do they tell us anything new? People distrust Westminster, they hate politicians, their areas have turned to shite, etc.
"They've shut down all the youth clubs, theres nothing for the young to do any more"
Who shut down the youth clubs, Tory cuts to local funding chopped by 60%.
These lads should know who there friend and enemies are but they don't. years of people telling them they cant tell the difference between the Tories and Labour has done a hell of a lot of harm to the Labour party.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #302 on: December 5, 2019, 06:12:39 pm »

No one, I mean no one on RAWK has suggested this. I think we are universally against Johnson.
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #303 on: December 5, 2019, 06:20:53 pm »
No one, I mean no one on RAWK has suggested this. I think we are universally against Johnson.

Bozo thinks he's Churchill, the stupid fecker doesnt realise that he's post-war Churchill: elitist, out of touch & unsuited to lead a modern country.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #304 on: December 5, 2019, 06:25:14 pm »
"They've shut down all the youth clubs, theres nothing for the young to do any more"
Who shut down the youth clubs, Tory cuts to local funding chopped by 60%.
These lads should know who there friend and enemies are but they don't. years of people telling them they cant tell the difference between the Tories and Labour has done a hell of a lot of harm to the Labour party.

Indeed and its going to be hard to address. But its made clear in this video that this malaise with Labour started well before Corbyn.

But just before someone else mentions it, I will say it. Corbyn’s fault. He should have backed Remain strongly.

Online oldfordie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #305 on: December 5, 2019, 06:34:53 pm »
Indeed and its going to be hard to address. But its made clear in this video that this malaise with Labour started well before Corbyn.

But just before someone else mentions it, I will say it. Corbyn’s fault. He should have backed Remain strongly.
Yeah Corbyns now paying the price for it as well.
It might take our producers five minutes to find 60 economists who feared Brexit and five hours to find a sole voice who espoused it.
“But by the time we went on air we simply had one of each; we presented this unequal effort to our audience as balance. It wasn’t.”
               Emily Maitlis

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #306 on: December 5, 2019, 06:35:38 pm »

Depends on your definition of "suggest". It sure would help if those members who are Corbyn's biggest critics could also indicate that they are even bigger critics of the Tories.

Is there a summary anywhere of the number or marginal constituencies? And the breakdown of whether they are Tory vs Lib Dem, Tory vs Labour etc?

I'd love to know just how many seats where it might make a difference if you hate Labour as much you hate Tory.

Offline Bobsackamano

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #307 on: December 5, 2019, 06:46:56 pm »
Depends on your definition of "suggest". It sure would help if those members who are Corbyn's biggest critics could also indicate that they are even bigger critics of the Tories.

Is there a summary anywhere of the number or marginal constituencies? And the breakdown of whether they are Tory vs Lib Dem, Tory vs Labour etc?

I'd love to know just how many seats where it might make a difference if you hate Labour as much you hate Tory.

You have a serious allegation, that some RAWK members believe Johnson would make a better PM than Corbyn. Either you are right, in which case provide some evidence, or you are wrong, in which case withdraw the allegation.

Its that simple.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #308 on: December 5, 2019, 06:56:54 pm »

drmick, on this page you've been more critical of RAWK than you have of the Tories. By your 'interesting' logic that suggests that you prefer the Tories to RAWK.

It sure would help if you, as a member and a RAWK critic, could do something to indicate that you have more of a problem with the Tories than you do with RAWK.

Perhaps you could show your support for RAWK, a website you've had an account on for over a decade?

Here's the link, to help you out:
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=74199.2320

(could someone please quote this quickly, so drmick can see it - he said he silenced me the other day after a disagreement)

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #309 on: December 5, 2019, 07:03:01 pm »
BoRed said something similar but couldn't produce a shred of evidence when challenged. Can you back up that post mate?

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #310 on: December 5, 2019, 07:04:03 pm »
drmick, on this page you've been more critical of RAWK than you have of the Tories. By your 'interesting' logic that suggests that you prefer the Tories to RAWK.

It sure would help if you, as a member and a RAWK critic, could do something to indicate that you have more of a problem with the Tories than you do with RAWK.

Perhaps you could show your support for RAWK, a website you've had an account on for over a decade?

Here's the link, to help you out:
https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=74199.2320

(could someone please quote this quickly, so drmick can see it - he said he silenced me the other day after a disagreement)
See above

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #311 on: December 5, 2019, 07:14:26 pm »

I suggest that we use the literal meaning of suggest.

I’m not sure how difficult this is to explain. 

1. Everyone hates Johnson.

2. Everyone hates what the Tory party does to the country when it is in power.

People hate Corbyn primarily because he’s so fucking useless and unpalatable to the public that he makes 1 and 2 an inevitability.

People also hate Corbyn because he’s fundamentally utterly wrong on so many issues.  He represents the regressive left at its worst.

People fundamentally also hate Corbyn for the avalanche of hatred and discrimination that his election has unleashed in the Labour Party.

You don’t have to be intelligent to understand that mate.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #312 on: December 5, 2019, 07:21:02 pm »
Has anyone ever seen those wildlife documentaries where there is a bunch of chimps and all of a sudden one of them starts screeching for some reason. Within seconds they are all screeching and generally getting hysterical and they don't really know why - just saying like.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline drmick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #313 on: December 5, 2019, 07:22:39 pm »
See above

Thanks for that, I do have him/her blocked.

I can categorically confirm that I do not support the Tories, but I hope that such a statement was a joke and not an ironic case of whataboutery.  And I'd be pretty sure that I have never been critical of RAWK as a collective entity. It would be a bit silly to hate an entire organisation on the basis of the opinion of a minority of its members I would say.

Offline cdav

• Is Melissa Reddy. Confirmed by himself. (Probably not though, he's a much better writer.)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #314 on: December 5, 2019, 07:29:59 pm »
Good to see Farrage actually questioned on issues and details, shame its over a decade too late

Good monologue by Neil at the end about Johnson too

Online filopastry

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #315 on: December 5, 2019, 07:37:03 pm »
Good to see Farrage actually questioned on issues and details, shame its over a decade too late

Good monologue by Neil at the end about Johnson too

Yes very good from Neill

https://twitter.com/i/status/1202670854410297344

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #316 on: December 5, 2019, 08:07:02 pm »
BoRed said something similar but couldn't produce a shred of evidence when challenged. Can you back up that post mate?

I said what? ???

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #317 on: December 5, 2019, 08:26:48 pm »
Yes very good from Neill

https://twitter.com/i/status/1202670854410297344

But, but....but Andrew Neil is a Tory and the BBC is the MSM etc etc etc.

If only the Labour party had a leader capable of making such points, with such panache and such authority.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #318 on: December 5, 2019, 08:30:01 pm »
But, but....but Andrew Neil is a Tory and the BBC is the MSM etc etc etc.

If only the Labour party had a leader capable of making such points, with such panache and such authority.
He does have a dubious set of employment...

But he does hold everyone to account
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Yorkykopite

• RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #319 on: December 5, 2019, 08:34:49 pm »
He does have a dubious set of employment...

But he does hold everyone to account

The first is of absolutely no interest to me so long as the second holds true.