Author Topic: The small things in life that really hannoy  (Read 2554888 times)

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The small things in life that really hannoy.
« Reply #35840 on: November 30, 2022, 08:07:59 pm »
That's me ;D

It's every normal person who doesn't have an auto-erotic asphyxiation fetish, imo

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35841 on: November 30, 2022, 08:14:19 pm »
It's every normal person who doesn't have an auto-erotic asphyxiation fetish, imo

Non Torys then
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35842 on: December 1, 2022, 09:03:57 am »
Toasters in hotels.
First time you put the bread through it'll come out barely toasted and warm at best. Put it through again and it's solid black and burned.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #35843 on: December 1, 2022, 09:05:35 am »
Toasters in hotels.
First time you put the bread through it'll come out barely toasted and warm at best. Put it through again and it's solid black and burned.
They have a dial to adjust speed usually...

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #35844 on: December 1, 2022, 10:00:11 am »

Which you learn how to use on the last day. :D

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #35845 on: December 1, 2022, 11:10:36 am »
you but a packet of crisps in the pub and your mate/s say 'well, open them up on the table then'

i think to myself - no they're mine buy yer own ffs i'm peckish

but actually i smile and open them up (i'm too nice that's my problem)
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35846 on: December 1, 2022, 11:22:22 am »

With a sign that says "don't adjust toaster controls" that accompanies it :P

Offline gerrardisgod

• has all his sisters with him.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Anal Dirge Prat
« Reply #35847 on: December 1, 2022, 11:25:56 am »
you but a packet of crisps in the pub and your mate/s say 'well, open them up on the table then'

i think to myself - no they're mine buy yer own ffs i'm peckish

but actually i smile and open them up (i'm too nice that's my problem)
Mate will always buy one packet and open them up like that, if I want crisps I’ll either buy some myself or ask you to get an actual pack for me, so we’re not sharing.
AHA!

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35848 on: December 1, 2022, 11:31:29 am »
With a sign that says "don't adjust toaster controls" that accompanies it :P
I used to just set it back to what it was after ;)

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35849 on: December 1, 2022, 11:52:55 am »
Top cashback. Did some online shopping through these a few weeks ago. It said the money is usually in your account within 24 hours, no sign of it and no record of my purchase so I went to make a claim, have to wait seven days to make a claim. Waited over a week to make a claim and now it says it can take up to four months to hear back if a claim has been successful.

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35850 on: December 1, 2022, 12:03:00 pm »
guys on tv who wear a shirt and tie but leave a gap between the knot of the tie and their neck.  why wear the tie if you're not gonna wear it properly?

or even worse, the ones who don't fasten the shirt top button and have the tie loose just a bit.
They could be fat bastards though. Have you tried wearing a tie properly when you've got more chins than a chinese phone book? I haven't worn a tie for over 10 years because I dont want to look like a trussed up fat git. It's bad enough the rest of you looking like 10 pound of spuds in a 5 pound bag without the humiliation of putting a tie on too.

Online A-Bomb

• Garlic Butter Coming. Isn’t as good as Divock Origi. Can we sell him?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35851 on: December 1, 2022, 12:42:26 pm »
My glorious partners inability to think more than 1 step ahead.... :butt :butt

Towels need washing, put them all in, before everybody has had a shower for the day....

Tea towels need washing - same as above around an hour before I start cooking!, don't leave one out....or have a rotation system, just launch them all in the wash.

Slap dishwasher on before cooking commences, so if there's a knife I may need well gonna have a nice water splash in the face, rather than waiting until after I've cooked.

Love her really.  ::)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35852 on: December 1, 2022, 01:29:22 pm »
I get that, but I see it all the time with guys who have no weight problem at all.

reminds me of a court case in Liverpool years back.  my cousin worked in the courts and told me about a cop being questioned about how he could possibly see some bad goings-on in a Chinese restaurant.

"there was a chink in the curtains, your honour""  :)

(apologies to our chinese pals !!)
Fair enough then. Scruffy gets.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35853 on: December 1, 2022, 05:42:14 pm »
need to replace the battery in my smoke alarm. Just got home to find the little fecker bleating. I wouldn't mind, but I was just in a shop where I could have bought a battery if it had let me know sooner. Fun times.

:butt
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35854 on: December 1, 2022, 05:52:32 pm »
yesterday I loaded a new app onto my phone, that gives discounts at the local supermarket.  this morning I wanted to use it so I could get a "digital discount' (only available on the app)  on a couple of items.

the bastard thing wouldn't accept my (valid!) password, so I hit "Forgot Password". 

they emailed me some gibberish thing that was about 18 characters long ... upper case ... lower case ... special symbols ... several O's and 0's and 1's and l's mixed in which are hard to discern on a small screen.

three effing times I went through this, getting "invalid password" each time before giving up and going home.

wtf are these people thinking?!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35855 on: December 1, 2022, 06:31:40 pm »
yesterday I loaded a new app onto my phone, that gives discounts at the local supermarket.  this morning I wanted to use it so I could get a "digital discount' (only available on the app)  on a couple of items.

the bastard thing wouldn't accept my (valid!) password, so I hit "Forgot Password". 

they emailed me some gibberish thing that was about 18 characters long ... upper case ... lower case ... special symbols ... several O's and 0's and 1's and l's mixed in which are hard to discern on a small screen.

three effing times I went through this, getting "invalid password" each time before giving up and going home.

honestly, I think a lot of these "apps" are just scams to get personal data off your phone. Not bank numbers or stuff like that, but more like cookies that can identify your shopping trends and stuff.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35856 on: December 1, 2022, 06:42:39 pm »

Loads of companies do that now. JUst trying to be ultra secure I suppose.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35857 on: December 1, 2022, 06:43:33 pm »
*deep breath* HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA there's nothing 'secure' about this practice.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35858 on: December 1, 2022, 06:54:30 pm »

I get that they need to be secure, no problem with that at all.

but why not generate a password that's easy to use/read -- eg a word with a couple of symbols tagged on.  machine-generated passwords are impossible to deal with.  well, by me, anyway. 

I suppose if I figured out how to copy/paste in android it might help of course.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35859 on: December 1, 2022, 06:57:15 pm »
honestly, I think a lot of these "apps" are just scams to get personal data off your phone. Not bank numbers or stuff like that, but more like cookies that can identify your shopping trends and stuff.
most sites you go on these days ask you to OK their cookies. I've always just clicked YES and got on with it, but these days I always select "manage" the cookies and then turn off anything to do with marketing / tracking / whatever.

probably won't accomplish much but makes me feel a smidge better.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #35860 on: December 1, 2022, 07:58:49 pm »
most sites you go on these days ask you to OK their cookies. I've always just clicked YES and got on with it, but these days I always select "manage" the cookies and then turn off anything to do with marketing / tracking / whatever.

probably won't accomplish much but makes me feel a smidge better.

I have ad blocker from U block origin switched on, a must now, particularly when using likes of youtube. ;)
#Sausages

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35861 on: December 1, 2022, 08:00:18 pm »
I have ad blocker from U block origin switched on, a must now, particularly when using likes of youtube. ;)
Yup and any time a site lectures me about using said blocker, I just leave

Offline 67CherryRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35862 on: December 2, 2022, 04:39:15 am »
Booked my trip to Lanzarote nearly a year ago. Now i'm 5 hours from flying and Leeds is covered in fog so taking off could be an issue. On top of that, 3 of the 6 days are forecast for a full day of steady rain. Annoying.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35863 on: December 2, 2022, 09:57:31 am »
Booked my trip to Lanzarote nearly a year ago. Now i'm 5 hours from flying and Leeds is covered in fog so taking off could be an issue. On top of that, 3 of the 6 days are forecast for a full day of steady rain. Annoying.

That's shite that. Weather over there is normally good this time of year too

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #35864 on: December 2, 2022, 10:24:10 am »
Going by the Met Office website you should be ok. Just a few light showers on Sunday and Monday with temperatures reaching 75f and 79f on those days.

It beats the hell out of cold, grey Britain. Have a good time over there. 🌞
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #35865 on: December 2, 2022, 10:30:31 am »
what spion is trying to say is...

Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35866 on: December 2, 2022, 10:40:46 am »
Going by the Met Office website you should be ok. Just a few light showers on Sunday and Monday with temperatures reaching 75f and 79f on those days.

It beats the hell out of cold, grey Britain. Have a good time over there. 🌞

That's more like what I expected the weather to be in Lanzarote

Online Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35867 on: December 2, 2022, 12:47:43 pm »
More than once recently I've left a place and had someone from the staff give me a big speech begging me to give them a five-star Google review and mention them by name. Isn't it enough to (over)pay and leave a tip now? You're expected to do fucking homework just to get a haircut or go axe throwing?

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #35868 on: December 2, 2022, 12:52:26 pm »

oooh, what are accomodation costs like there.  I can fly out Monday and back Thursday for less than £100. Well worth it for some heat!
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #35869 on: December 2, 2022, 02:05:00 pm »
More than once recently I've left a place and had someone from the staff give me a big speech begging me to give them a five-star Google review and mention them by name. Isn't it enough to (over)pay and leave a tip now? You're expected to do fucking homework just to get a haircut or go axe throwing?
the other day a bank teller - who I'd made the mistake of thanking - mentioned that I'd soon receive  a survey email and would really really really appreciate it if I gave her a 10.

why do people think anyone has time to complete online surveys for routine  service interactions?
« Last Edit: December 2, 2022, 02:13:53 pm by SamLad »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #35870 on: December 2, 2022, 02:12:57 pm »

The obsession with trying to force everyone to rate everything pisses me off, i'd give a 0 star rating if i could out of sheer spite. :butt
#Sausages

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35871 on: December 2, 2022, 02:36:54 pm »
Trouble is, a lot of 'success' is defined through the drive to improve NPS. It's the most subjective measurement tool possible in business, yet it determines so many other things, such as performance-related bonuses, KPI achievement, contractual SLAs.........such a fucking lazy metric yet one that also enables investors/managers to perpetuate a hire-and-fire culture - that's what's driving these people to ask for your validation - and it sucks massively for all involved except the ones desperately hanging on to their artificial sense of power and control.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35872 on: December 2, 2022, 02:37:58 pm »

I suppose if I figured out how to copy/paste in android it might help of course.

Might depend on the app. But try holding the word you want to copy. It might get highlighted, and a menu pops up to copy and paste etc. The highlighted bit might have ends you can adjust. Or wirh some things, it'll just say "number copied" or whatever. To paste, do the same thing, hold in the place where you want to paste, and a menu should pop up.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35873 on: December 2, 2022, 03:36:23 pm »
oooh, what are accomodation costs like there.  I can fly out Monday and back Thursday for less than £100. Well worth it for some heat!

Cant give advice on where to look, as only ever gone on a package holiday there, Puerta Del Carmen is where we stay and its boss, big long prom, loads of restaurants and bars. It's really popular with the older gen, my Stepdad would be there now usually, age means he doesn't travel abroad anymore sadly.

If you can get a place, go for it

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35874 on: December 2, 2022, 05:00:30 pm »
Tomorrows shift just been cancelled. Its usually mad busy this time of year, which i a big worry

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #35875 on: December 2, 2022, 05:06:32 pm »
Tomorrows shift just been cancelled. Its usually mad busy this time of year, which i a big worry

Probably missing something obvious. But why's it a worry?

--edit-- 2 bed apartment for £56 a night in Puerta Del Carmen.  Hmm, maybe one for the wfh thread.....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Online Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35876 on: December 2, 2022, 05:07:52 pm »

Probably not a great sign for the state of the economy - and a poor Christmas for retailers.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35877 on: December 2, 2022, 05:11:30 pm »

--edit-- 2 bed apartment for £56 a night in Puerta Del Carmen.  Hmm, maybe one for the wfh thread.....

Probably not a great sign for the state of the economy - and a poor Christmas for retailers.

Yep - normally Id be running stuff all about as they get ready for Christmas, instead all casuals and all F/T drivers who had extra shifts booked have been cancelled. Normally they are offering £250 a shift bonus to get us to work in December.

Due in 17th and 18th, if they get cancelled too, that is really bad news

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35878 on: December 2, 2022, 05:27:05 pm »

I went to a little Tesco today for a few bits and there was only one car on the carpark which is unusual for a Friday.

Having said that Cortonwood, which is a retail park, at Barnsley yesterday was heaving with people and cars.

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35879 on: December 2, 2022, 05:33:39 pm »
I went to a little Tesco today for a few bits and there was only one car on the carpark which is unusual for a Friday.

Having said that Cortonwood, which is a retail park, at Barnsley yesterday was heaving with people and cars.

I'm surprised I wasn't at least sent over to Goole (Tescos RDC for the North East and North West of England), I worked out of there the other Sunday, as we are struggling for drivers over there. If they are coping with the drivers they have, then its a worry.