Author Topic: City of Wolverhampton taxis.  (Read 1389 times)

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
City of Wolverhampton taxis.
« on: September 26, 2023, 08:24:15 pm »
Seen a few of these with alpha door stickers going around. What gives?
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: City of Wolverhampton taxis.
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2023, 08:39:34 pm »

Apparently they don't ask many questions when handing out taxi plates over there. Whereas other councils do, and set limits to how many taxis there can be. I think theoretically the Wolverhampton plate drivers are only allowed to drop off in Liverpool, not pick up, but there doesn't seem to be any enforcement on that
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Baby Huey

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2023, 08:39:54 pm »
Easier and quicker to get your licence in Wolverhampton, I think.

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2023, 08:58:04 pm »
Wolves fans singing sign on , yet there taxi drivers come here to work weekends , got an Uber home from Anfield after a few pints after the match he was a Wolverhampton plate

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2023, 09:29:38 pm »
Wolves fans singing sign on , yet there taxi drivers come here to work weekends , got an Uber home from Anfield after a few pints after the match he was a Wolverhampton plate
Just spotted this on Google.

Wolverhampton, along with Sandwell and Birmingham, is one of the most deprived local authorities in the country. In 2019 Wolverhampton was ranked the 19th most deprived Local Authority out of 317 in England, which means it is in the top 10% most deprived local authorities in England.

But carry on with tour pathetic sign-on chants, etc..   :wanker

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2023, 08:48:47 am »
You only just noticed these?, I've been ranting on here about thesefor years, Manchester is full of them. Basically, because of the Tory cuts, councils, to raise money, dished out taxi plates to everyone who wanted one for £800, Wolverhampton being one of the worst. Local authority won't give you a taxi plate as you fail the requirements, like a criminal record, or arrived in the uk yesterday? Wolverhampton will, just fuck off out of our area once you get it.

Then they come back up north, sign up for Uber, get Google maps on their phone as they have no idea where they are going and bang, you're a taxi driver. Sefton give the 2 years grace to pass the taxi test. Me and the kids nearly got killed on a crossing by ours by some c*nt in a Sefton plated car who was on his phone, with a passenger in the back. I rang the council trying to get the plate pulled and the girl was dead sympathetic but said nothing would get done and in a moment of honesty said its a disgrace who they allow to have a plate.

Meanwhile proper taxi drivers have jacked in because of Uber and these councils

Look around and you'll start to notice them, always on an Uber and its people who live locally. Come to Manchester and you'll see hundreds of Wolves and Sefton plates.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2023, 07:57:43 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2023, 08:56:17 am »
Apparently they don't ask many questions when handing out taxi plates over there. Whereas other councils do, and set limits to how many taxis there can be. I think theoretically the Wolverhampton plate drivers are only allowed to drop off in Liverpool, not pick up, but there doesn't seem to be any enforcement on that

An ex taxi driver told me that there's a weird old law that Uber exploits, they were trying to get it changed but got nowhere with it. A Hackney carriage can work anywhere in the UK, but only for pre booked journeys via a private company, so once you have a plate you can work where you want. He said the idea dates back to horse and carriage days where you'd not be moving all over the country but may cross boundaries, so were allowed pick up work in the next borough on your way back.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2023, 09:07:17 am by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2023, 09:09:10 am »
Here he is. :D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2023, 09:10:12 am »

:lmao

I fucking told youse didn't I?
Jurgen YNWA

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2023, 10:53:15 am »
An ex taxi driver told me that there's a weird old law that Uber exploits, they were trying to get it changed but got nowhere with it. A Hackney carriage can work anywhere in the UK, but only for pre booked journeys via a private company, so once you have a plate you can work where you want. He said the idea dates back to horse and carriage days where you'd not be moving all over the country but may cross boundaries, so were allowed pick up work in the next borough on your way back.

Did you know the London cab was designed with its high roof so that it could accommodate gentlemen wearing a top hat?

One law Rees Mogg doesn’t want deregulating.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2023, 01:07:07 pm »
I eagerly awaited Rob's arrival after I saw the thread go up last night.  ;D
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2023, 03:32:32 pm »
I eagerly awaited Rob's arrival after I saw the thread go up last night.  ;D

Was out for a meal last night for the youngests 13th, so only clocked it this morning ;D

I've heard some right stuff off local taxi drivers and the more you learn how corrupt Uber are, the more you think "maybe it is true". I've been told that one driver will get the plate and 3 or 4 of them will drive the car, so its running 24 hours a day. Also seen the Wolverhampton plates on Facebook for rent and heard tales of passengers saying they were convinced the driver didn't actually have a driving licence.

I know women have been attacked by drivers in black cabs that weren't genuine taxis, but you always felt a plated car had a driver who had been vetted, now it couple be a convicted sex offender driving the thing....
Jurgen YNWA