Author Topic: Beards  (Read 71635 times)

royhendo

Re: Beards
« Reply #440 on: March 20, 2015, 09:51:38 pm »

royhendo

« Reply #441 on: March 20, 2015, 09:52:13 pm »
Never see me and Terry De Niro in the same room at the same time.

Offline Romeo Sensini

• Legacy Fan
  • Can climb two flights of stairs
« Reply #442 on: March 20, 2015, 10:11:39 pm »
Never see me and Terry De Niro in the same room at the same time.
More like a young Wade Boggs.

royhendo

« Reply #443 on: March 20, 2015, 10:15:01 pm »
It's not really me, I'm a catfish. Half cat half fish half man.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #444 on: March 20, 2015, 10:33:08 pm »
If you're in Liverpool and you've got 20 quid to spare Barber Barber in town know what they're doing (despite being embarrassingly cool with lots of "banter"), i went there about a week ago with a 6 month mess of a beard and basically said what you said there, i want it a bit narrower but to keep all the length and i'm really please with how it's looking now.
Did you leave your 'bird' outside? They love that banter the fucking gobshites.

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: March 21, 2015, 10:27:34 am »
So I shaved it off. I'm 42 years old & look about 14.

Daughter #1 starts crying when she sees me the first time & goes "who are you & what have you done with my daddy?".

I will be growing it back.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #446 on: March 21, 2015, 01:05:16 pm »
It's not really me, I'm a catfish. Half cat half fish half man.

Manfishcat?!
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #447 on: March 21, 2015, 01:07:37 pm »
So I shaved it off. I'm 42 years old & look about 14.

Daughter #1 starts crying when she sees me the first time & goes "who are you & what have you done with my daddy?".

I will be growing it back.

Told ya...

Don't do it, don't become one of the shaven ones.

On a related note though, I remember when my Dad (who I had only known with a beard as had it before I was born) shaved his off and he looked like a totally different person, pretty certain my sister (she'd of been about 10 I think) started crying  ;D

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #448 on: April 4, 2015, 02:38:30 am »
Don't do it, don't become one of the shaven ones.

On a related note though, I remember when my Dad (who I had only known with a beard as had it before I was born) shaved his off and he looked like a totally different person, pretty certain my sister (she'd of been about 10 I think) started crying  ;D

I've had a full on beard now (i.e. over a cm in length) for just over a year now, and still growing it out properly, and won't be shaving any time soon. Have been clean shaven once in the last 10-12 years and hated it so won't be doing it again for the foreseeable future.

You are a wise man, Sir...

I've not really had a proper beard, but for the last year or so, I always had some stubble. Sometimes longer sometimes shorter depending on whether I could be arsed trimming it (usually I did that when I started looking like a tramp ;)). Yesterday, I decided that I could try and shave properly, but shortly afterwards I regretted my decision, because I didn't recognize the guy in the mirror. So, I'll go back to stubble, which has a lot of advantages compared to a proper beard. It takes less effort to look and feel good. Just use a hair trimmer every few days and you're alright. Can't do that with a full beard which requires much more work and I'm a lazy bastard... ;)

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #449 on: May 10, 2016, 07:25:23 pm »
So even though I said above to others not to become one of the clean shaven, have decided I'm going to take the razor to my beard tonight. Won't be going clean shaven, haven't been for about 15 years, but given I've got a pretty thick long beard it's going to be a lot lot shorter.

Still not sure if it's a good idea or not yet, but if it's not it won't take more than a few months to get some sort of respectable beard grown again  ;D

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #450 on: May 10, 2016, 09:51:28 pm »
Down to 5mm from probably 2" at its longest. Feel bald  :-\

Offline BRdispatch05

• Avian maculation. Aural Tetanus Fetishist.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: May 11, 2016, 03:10:50 am »
It takes me about a week to grow a patchy, pubescent stubble and I hate all of you.
The cave you fear to enter holds the treasure you seek. - Joseph Campbell

Offline McrRed

• Member of International Hill Climbers Group. Only gets happy endings at Christmas.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In the town where I was born
« Reply #452 on: May 11, 2016, 06:56:25 am »
Funny looking back at this thread before and since the mumford and sons beardy trend.

My salt and pepper's becoming mostly salt. By Christmas I'll be like a big ol multicultural Santa Claus (FKW!)

Offline El Denzel Pepito

• Tight-fisted and unimaginative moany wannabe feedback tourist. More Michael O'Leary than Dermot...but will also give out noshes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: May 11, 2016, 08:03:15 am »
My stubble grows back within about 12 hours. Can grow a fully stubbly face in about a week, a short beard in a few. Had 2-4 days worth of stubble regularly. Then met a girl. She didn't like stubble. I shaved. She's now my girlfriend. Whatever that means.

Online GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #454 on: May 11, 2016, 09:25:02 pm »
So even though I said above to others not to become one of the clean shaven, have decided I'm going to take the razor to my beard tonight. Won't be going clean shaven, haven't been for about 15 years, but given I've got a pretty thick long beard it's going to be a lot lot shorter.

Still not sure if it's a good idea or not yet, but if it's not it won't take more than a few months to get some sort of respectable beard grown again  ;D
I shaved my beard (about 8 or 9 inches long) off a few weeks ago.  Instant regret.

Was going to stay clean shaven until after the summer but don't think I can do it.

Dunno if I have the patience to grow that monster again but definitely going to go for at least 2 or 3 inches.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #455 on: May 11, 2016, 11:12:06 pm »
Yeah not sure if I'm too happy with shaving it off. Will give it a few weeks and see why people say but I'm a little gutted its gone!

Offline Greys0n

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #456 on: June 10, 2016, 12:07:50 pm »
not a fan of beard

Offline the good half

• these days is hard to find so please be gentle with this half of mine
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: June 10, 2016, 12:46:10 pm »
What a bump^^^

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #458 on: June 10, 2016, 08:13:20 pm »
Don't grow a hipster beard they are soooo last year.

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: July 27, 2018, 10:34:39 pm »
;D

Can't stand beards, unless it's a result of craziness or you're from a country where it's genuinely seen as a sign of manliness.
Loads of trendy types flouncing about in shite beards and skinny jeans these days.
Nothing has changed in 4 years then.

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: July 27, 2018, 10:40:17 pm »
Fuck me I look young there. Big Vermeer fan me.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #461 on: July 28, 2018, 11:13:37 am »
Yeah not sure if I'm too happy with shaving it off. Will give it a few weeks and see why people say but I'm a little gutted its gone!

Started growing mine back almost instantly after shaving it off, been happily bearded again since  ;D

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: July 28, 2018, 11:33:24 am »
Started growing mine back almost instantly after shaving it off, been happily bearded again since  ;D
A two yeard on your chin, who do you think you are, Gandalf?     :P

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #463 on: August 2, 2018, 04:29:07 pm »
I had a beard before I moved to Spain. Not possible to have it here... it’s far too hot. Always maintain stubble tho. If I ever move back to the UK the beards coming back! I miss it. But it was 41 degrees at 11 this morning... no chance I’m having a beard in this weather, I’m going through four t shirts a day through sweating.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: August 2, 2018, 09:00:46 pm »
Question for the older Gentlemen.

How about your magnificent grey beard, do you leave it be or do you (God forbid) colour it?

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #465 on: August 2, 2018, 09:09:33 pm »
Question for the older Gentlemen.

How about your magnificent grey beard, do you leave it be or do you (God forbid) colour it?

Grey? Mine's just white these days. In fact I don't think I ever went through a grey phase, it just seemed to go from jet black to white when I was in my mid to late 40's.

As for colouring it, absolutely not, I've always thought and found that those that do are slightly suspect, same as people who wear toupees and such.

I  did give mine the usual three week trim down to a just slightly longer than stubble length earlier this afternoon.
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: August 3, 2018, 03:20:19 pm »
Mine is fucking shite, had it few years so now if I shave it I look like a 12 year old without it.

Rock and a hard place.

Fuck you follicles.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #467 on: August 3, 2018, 04:42:10 pm »
Mine grows fast and quite thick everywhere except for my cheeks. Will that ever fill in? I've never let it grow longer than two weeks admittedly. I keep it to stubble length so the gap is less noticeable.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #468 on: August 3, 2018, 04:46:14 pm »
Mine grows fast and quite thick everywhere except for my cheeks. Will that ever fill in? I've never let it grow longer than two weeks admittedly. I keep it to stubble length so the gap is less noticeable.

Yeah it can fill in, but then for some they just have areas where it never grows, so it's just a case of growing through that initial phase and seeing what happens.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #469 on: August 3, 2018, 04:52:45 pm »
I hate beards
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #470 on: August 3, 2018, 05:35:03 pm »
I hate beards

Nice to see someone is keeping alive the spirit of Enver Hoxha...
I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: May 2, 2020, 02:17:14 pm »
I started growing a beard during lockdown, me and my cousin's Husband are comparing results on Skype. :D

I've usually just grown a stubble and shaved once a week with a 3mm on my shaving clippers.

The fucking thing is patchy and itchy AF, got some beard oil and i'm using a hair conditioner after my evening shower which makes it look less pubey and i shaved it so it's a inch below my jawline to give it more definition (a tip i got off Youtube)

If i'd known they take so much preening and care i wouldn't have bothered. :butt

I've watched so many Youtube videos on beards the last couple of weeks, i'm deffo in uncharted territory now going into the 4th week stage. :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #472 on: May 2, 2020, 02:55:19 pm »
An inch below the jawline as in after it curves round from your face? I’d go for more than that if you want it to look thicker and less of a look of a really preened beard.

The itching will pass pretty soon.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: May 2, 2020, 03:00:48 pm »
I've not shaved since the beginning of the lockdown.  8)

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #474 on: May 2, 2020, 03:04:26 pm »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: May 2, 2020, 03:05:24 pm »
 8)  ;D

I ask that when i go out to the supermarkets.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #476 on: May 2, 2020, 04:45:39 pm »

Same, it's grown quick...  ;D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #477 on: May 2, 2020, 04:49:57 pm »

You can tell mate

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Online RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #478 on: May 2, 2020, 08:33:10 pm »
An inch below the jawline as in after it curves round from your face? I’d go for more than that if you want it to look thicker and less of a look of a really preened beard.

The itching will pass pretty soon.
I'll try that.

Reddit Beard is an amazing subreddit.

Some amazing beards on there.  :D
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #479 on: May 2, 2020, 09:21:45 pm »
Same here. I've never really grew a "proper" beard, but mine is about 6 weeks or so in and it's coming along grand. I've tried before, but I always got to that itchy phase and just fucked it off. I've blonde hair, so it doesn't look as prominent as it could do. Might keep it for a bit, actually.