Author Topic: Chasing the Title  (Read 1412101 times)

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
Re: Chasing the Title
« Reply #12360 on: April 22, 2019, 08:19:47 pm »
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12361 on: April 22, 2019, 08:22:29 pm »
The mancs, red version, don't have a leg to stand on.

1995, club legend comes to town. We beat him, nearly cost Blackburn the league.

Fast forward all of 12 months. 1996, another club legend comes to town. It's April, the games are running out. Collymore closing in. We break Newcastle, they're never the same again. The mancs go on to win the league and we give them a helping hand winning the double.

All the c*nts can point to is when Gerrard messed up in a Chelsea game and gifted them a goal. All I can say is, can you fucking narrow it down a bit? Clearly Gerrard is a massive blue who can't stand the thought of a team in red winning the league.

Seriously though. I can't see any real man utd fans wanting them to lose on Wednesday. It's mostly internet frauds living thousands of miles away.

The equivalent would be for us wanting Everton to beat us at Anfield, at fucking Anfield. Not only wanting Everton to beat us at Anfield, but also hope that the win would help them win the league and fuck us out of a champions league place. Can you fucking imagine it? No neither can I.

If we ever find ourselves in a position like that, I'd hope we'd all band together, bulldoze Anfield, cement over it, and give whatever silverware we have in our trophy room to Everton.

Even if we tried to let Everton win in that scenario they'd still find a way to fuck it up - They'd be 1-0 up and Pickford would lob it onto Origi's arse and the ball would loop over him onto the crossbar then onto his head and into the net.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12362 on: April 22, 2019, 08:30:43 pm »
We’ve been fantastic in winning these last few games which have all been absolute ‘must wins’. Out of interest, we’re City to drop points to United do you think we’d get a boost from it or would we get more tense?

Sounds a stupid question, maybe it is!

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12363 on: April 22, 2019, 08:32:24 pm »
We’ve been fantastic in winning these last few games which have all been absolute ‘must wins’. Out of interest, we’re City to drop points to United do you think we’d get a boost from it or would we get more tense?

Impossible to tell, only the players could really answer that, but I imagine the pressure is on them regardless, they've already admitted that they've accepted that they have to win every game.

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12364 on: April 22, 2019, 08:34:07 pm »

I've got to be honest the last 4 games have been torture - I thought the league was gone vs Fulham, then Spurs, Chelsea I wasn't confident until 2-0. Half time I had doubts creeping in vs Cardiff.

If you could hand pick a fixture to have if United got something then it would be Huddersfield at home, no disrespect.

However if City dropped points right before the other 2 games I don't think my boxer shorts would last the course.
"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #12365 on: April 22, 2019, 08:34:54 pm »
Present circumstances remove any Manu motivation to win.

Their own fans are hoping for a loss to prevent us.

We'll just have to win The Cup as consolation.
Kill the humourless

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12366 on: April 22, 2019, 08:35:35 pm »

I can't see that we'd fail to win our home games but the Newcastle game would be the tensest game in 30 years.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Anything else is negligent.

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12367 on: April 22, 2019, 08:36:48 pm »
The mancs, red version, don't have a leg to stand on.

1995, club legend comes to town. We beat him, nearly cost Blackburn the league.

Fast forward all of 12 months. 1996, another club legend comes to town. It's April, the games are running out. Collymore closing in. We break Newcastle, they're never the same again. The mancs go on to win the league and we give them a helping hand winning the double.

All the c*nts can point to is when Gerrard messed up in a Chelsea game and gifted them a goal. All I can say is, can you fucking narrow it down a bit? Clearly Gerrard is a massive blue who can't stand the thought of a team in red winning the league.

Seriously though. I can't see any real man utd fans wanting them to lose on Wednesday. It's mostly internet frauds living thousands of miles away.

The equivalent would be for us wanting Everton to beat us at Anfield, at fucking Anfield. Not only wanting Everton to beat us at Anfield, but also hope that the win would help them win the league and fuck us out of a champions league place. Can you fucking imagine it? No neither can I.

If we ever find ourselves in a position like that, I'd hope we'd all band together, bulldoze Anfield, cement over it, and give whatever silverware we have in our trophy room to Everton.

It's bang on this. No idea if it translates into Manc though.
3 midfielders minimum in the next window. And probably another young CB to boot.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12368 on: April 22, 2019, 08:37:15 pm »

What circumstances? They're trying to finish in the top 4, players and manager included, so what their fans want really isn't important.

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12369 on: April 22, 2019, 08:38:00 pm »

I think they should play the players on Wednesday and not the fans.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sharado

• Stop crying
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12370 on: April 22, 2019, 08:38:44 pm »
I think they should play the players on Wednesday and not the fans.

After Sunday I'm not so sure to be honest.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12371 on: April 22, 2019, 08:39:18 pm »
What circumstances? They're trying to finish in the top 4, players and manager included, so what their fans want really isn't important.

Is the correct answer.

Online Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #12372 on: April 22, 2019, 08:39:24 pm »
Not sure why most are dismissing United’s chances.

Because they're utter gash...
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12373 on: April 22, 2019, 08:44:48 pm »

I've been wondering about that. I think there is less pressure when when it's not in your hands, at least for us.
More pressure when it's yours to lose. Although our team seems to have ice in their veins, so who knows.

I know this much, I'll be a fucking mess going into our last game if a win means we win the league. The league is always excruciating on the nerves, I find. The whole season ends up hanging on moments and fine margins.
I'm never that nervous for cup finals, where you're just hoping it's your day, and at least you got to the final.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 08:46:31 pm by kennedy81 »

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12374 on: April 22, 2019, 08:49:51 pm »
I can't see that we'd fail to win our home games but the Newcastle game would be the tensest game in 30 years.

Yeah that’s the game I had in mind. But equally I’d kill to be going into it with it back in our hands.

No point looking too far ahead, just had the mind wandering!

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12375 on: April 22, 2019, 08:51:20 pm »

I thought this too up until a few weeks ago,

Football is fickle, Utd fans will act like its the end of the world then 2 weeks into pre season when they announce their first signing the world carries on and no rival fans arsed about LFC.

A worldwide brand such as Man Utd wants to be in the biggest competition in the world, their players want to hit their big fat bonuses on top of the £200,000+ a week they already receive.

If you think Utd are going to give up their chance of making £100 million next year because Andy from Salford might have a tense 2 weeks in work with 2 LFC fans, then I have news for ya.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2019, 08:58:16 pm by -Willo- »

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #12376 on: April 22, 2019, 08:52:17 pm »
Can you imagine Rafas opinion on our game versus the mags....his really honest opinion .

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #12377 on: April 22, 2019, 08:54:29 pm »
You really are better off not tying yourselves in knots trying to work out Uniteds motivation and if it’s better if Burnley win or lose and if it’s better that City went out of the CL and this and that and the other.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12378 on: April 22, 2019, 08:58:03 pm »
You really are better off not tying yourselves in knots trying to work out Uniteds motivation and if it’s better if Burnley win or lose and if it’s better that City went out of the CL and this and that and the other.

Fuck all else to do though ;D

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #12379 on: April 22, 2019, 09:19:10 pm »
Most of the c*nts over at redcafe would rather lose than take points off City, did not realise the so called United "supporters" had sunken so low, small time twats, their legacy went out the window the moment Fergie retired.

Offline bobadicious

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12380 on: April 22, 2019, 09:21:59 pm »
I fear Rafa the most out of all our upcoming games.  How cruel would that be.

He just needs tell his team to come out and play now they're safe. We'll do the rest
Football is a lie

Offline keyop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Always eleven, acting as one.
« Reply #12381 on: April 22, 2019, 09:26:22 pm »
Don't really buy into this whole 'they are fighting for survival' spin for some of City's oppoonents.

Yes they are fighting, because they're shite.

They don't have a 'fighting for survival' button on the back of each player, where they suddenly go ''Oh maybe we should play football a bit better now were at the end and we're at the fucking bottom''.

The teams don't suddenly become better, they just fight harder, and its happened time and again with many great escapes on the final day. It's a fairly universal truth in sport that when the chips are down, teams can pull out exceptional performances - even if they've been terrible all season.

For them as well as us, its about belief and not giving up until the end.
I've got OCD, but I prefer to call it CDO so it's in alphabetical order.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12382 on: April 22, 2019, 09:38:24 pm »
The teams don't suddenly become better, they just fight harder, and its happened time and again with many great escapes on the final day. It's a fairly universal truth in sport that when the chips are down, teams can pull out exceptional performances - even if they've been terrible all season.

For them as well as us, its about belief and not giving up until the end.

Its also partly because many teams who are rubbish over the course of the season still feel that can be giant killers on any given day in a one-off performance. Football has had many many upsets over the years, and many much less fancied teams have beaten heavily favoured teams in cup competitions, or the final day of the season etc.

Yes it is an uphill battle for a relegation threatened team to upset Man City but one thing we can be sure of is that we won't see this passive crap from Brighton on the final day, if they are still in the mix for staying up. So far, we've seen a number of games against City of late where their opposition just sit back and barely contest the game. City have had no resistance and even then they've hardly cruised to victory.

Of their remaining games, Man Utd will fight desperately for a Champions League spot, and a bit of pride after being thumped by Everton. Brighton need every point if they want to stay up, and will fight tooth and nail at home on the last day. Leicester and Burnley have less to play for but I'd say both are absolute banana skins. One is against a Rodgers team, who will want to prove they can cut it with the best. Burnley at Turf Moor can be a frustrating, turgid affair and they are unbeaten in 4 games and a tricky team to get past with their physicality and application.

They are 4 really tough games in my opinion and to be honest, if City get 12 points from 4 games then they fully deserve to win the title. They have had remarkable form since January and won every league game. It's never over until the final whistle, and I still expect some drama to unfold yet. IMHO, I think Man Utd will get a point at Old Trafford, and I think Burnley will upset them at Turf Moor and get a point.

Offline The Naby Keita fan club

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #12383 on: April 22, 2019, 09:41:06 pm »
Most of the c*nts over at redcafe would rather lose than take points off City, did not realise the so called United "supporters" had sunken so low, small time twats, their legacy went out the window the moment Fergie retired.
Yes. They even have a thread about it.´Should we put U19 against City?´Idiots.

Offline scouse neapolitan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12384 on: April 22, 2019, 09:45:11 pm »
Still reckon it's fuckin' epically hilarious that 90% of the Andys from Salford aren't sleeping at night worrying 'cos their shower of donkey shite will be busting guts and  giving 300% on Wednesday night. Don't think there's any danger of them not trying. Not after yesterday's debacle. It's the quality of their football which is worrying.
Still, there's no point us losing sleep over it.

Offline LFCTikiTaka

• Bedwetter
  • Kopite
« Reply #12385 on: April 22, 2019, 09:50:38 pm »

I think we'd be tense against Huddersfield but we should be winning comfortably regardless.

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12386 on: April 22, 2019, 09:53:16 pm »
He just needs tell his team to come out and play now they're safe. We'll do the rest

"So everybody, professional performance please even though we're completely safe and you wouldn't want an injury ruining your holiday, but you can play with freedom you know because we're safe and we have been since Cardiff lost to Liverpool, great bunch over there really"
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Online LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #12387 on: April 22, 2019, 09:57:27 pm »
Yes. They even have a thread about it.´Should we put U19 against City?´Idiots.

;D epitome of small time.

Offline Felch Aid

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12388 on: April 22, 2019, 09:59:05 pm »
Utd now with a better chance of top 4. Draw against city and beat Chelsea. Still can't see it but 4 th up for grabs. Was hoping Burnley would still need a point and give city a game but they' re on the beach now.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12389 on: April 22, 2019, 10:05:47 pm »
Utd now with a better chance of top 4. Draw against city and beat Chelsea. Still can't see it but 4 th up for grabs. Was hoping Burnley would still need a point and give city a game but they' re on the beach now.

You mean the Burnley who just held Chelsea to a draw with 24% possession and about seven minutes of extra time?

Offline Mr_Shane

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12390 on: April 22, 2019, 10:08:11 pm »
Can;t fathom Man Utd players not wanting to try against Man City. Don't they want CL football?

Plus it be hilarious if Utd lose 9-0 against City don't get into the CL, then City somehow drop points in one of their remaining games and we win our remaining games and the league. Imagine the fume.

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #12391 on: April 22, 2019, 10:09:54 pm »
Burnley's next game is City. A point makes Them safe.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12392 on: April 22, 2019, 10:13:27 pm »
Can you imagine Rafas opinion on our game versus the mags....his really honest opinion .

He’ll want to win, and if he can’t do that he’ll want to not get beaten.  As much as he loves Liverpool and the club he strikes me as someone who’s extremely good at compartmentalising. He’s a professional Football manager and that will come first, second and last. He’s not a shithouse, even if we might want him to be on that occasion.

Which is what makes him the manager he is, and the man he is.

Offline SteveZissou

• "Anyone who knows the game..." exactly what game is a mystery. Underwater Bell. The Life A-Twat-Ic. Thinks "irony" means "like metal". Shite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • you might be on B Squad, but ur the B squad leader
« Reply #12393 on: April 22, 2019, 10:16:26 pm »
He’ll want to win, and if he can’t do that he’ll want to not get beaten.  As much as he loves Liverpool and the club he strikes me as someone who’s extremely good at compartmentalising. He’s a professional Football manager and that will come first, second and last. He’s not a shithouse, even if we might want him to be on that occasion.

Which is what makes him the manager he is, and the man he is.

I've read many people say this, I believe it too and i always feared the Newcastle game, but then it's not true. The truth is that Rafa's not only going to do us a favour at the Toon when they're not in danger of relegation, the FACT is that he's already done us a favour at Anfield by resting players. Back then he needed the points and decided to take it in his next game, so similarly he's going to select a team that we can beat, and do so in such a way that it seems he's interested in strangling us for a 0-0, but leave the door open ever so intelligently for us to walk in.
Following Liverpool since the mid 80s.

Offline Asam

• has a mankini
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12394 on: April 22, 2019, 10:17:22 pm »

Very proud of this team and the work the club has done to get us to this point, the level of consistency thus team has produced has been outstanding, definitely the best team we've had in the premier league era and would be deserving champions.

Offline Yosser0_0

• U_____U (geddit?)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12395 on: April 22, 2019, 10:17:44 pm »

I agree, Newcastle away will be tough either way regardless of what happens elsewhere especially with the timing of it now.
Lee Trevino famously once held up a long iron during a lightning storm, claiming "not even God can hit a 1-iron"

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12396 on: April 22, 2019, 10:23:19 pm »

It'd be lovely if he used this game as a chance to get a hammering so he can highlight how much backing he needs in the summer if they want him to stay. Everyone's a winner...!

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12397 on: April 22, 2019, 10:24:14 pm »
I think a lot of the results this weekend City/Spurs aside have fell good for us. United needing to win against City to keep the chase for 4th alive, Burnley needing a point against City to guarantee safety, Chelsea and Arsenal with bad results meaning United still in with that chance also. This isn't over yet  :wave
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #12398 on: April 22, 2019, 10:29:37 pm »

Bit Everton that, mate.

We are Liverpool. Finishing second will be nothing short of a massive disappointment at this stage. Though we wouldn't have been able to do anymore. Thats the part that would hurt more than anything. I'd fear for the mentality of the team if they came away from this season empty handed. Everyone would really wonder what more they have to do to win a trophy and IF they can do more...

Just have to hope we win all our games and someone does us a favour along the way. I'm still hopeful for Wednesday night and feel we have a 50/50 chance against Barca. Beat them and we will win the CL.

Lets have a big end to the season, reds! Whatever happens, it will have been an incredible effort from everyone involved.

You fear for their mentality of a team that has lost once in 35 games, is sitting on 88 points with three to play and has the best record for coming from behind? Oh, and is in the semi-finals of the champions league again.

Did you fear for their mentality after Kiev? We didn’t fold after that disappointment, we just got better.

If we come second on 90+ points that’s fantastic for the future because we are going to get better.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12399 on: April 22, 2019, 10:31:55 pm »
You fear for their mentality of a team that has lost once in 35 games, is sitting on 88 points with three to play and has the best record for coming from behind? Oh, and is in the semi-finals of the champions league again.

Did you fear for their mentality after Kiev? We didn’t fold after that disappointment, we just got better.

If we come second on 90+ points that’s fantastic for the future because we are going to get better.

Spot on. When we were in this position before it felt like now or never because we knew there was a superstar that would want to leave. We were being carried by a couple of players and losing one was a huge blow. It felt like the challenge was our peak, like it'd taken everything just to challenge the once and if we fell short then it'd take us years to have another go. This side is totally different to that; they seem absolutely hell-bent on winning trophies for this club.