Author Topic: Suarez and Liverpool FC  (Read 70550 times)

Offline AM76

• Joylessly cynical skimreader aka IQ76
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Suarez and Liverpool FC
« Reply #560 on: June 25, 2014, 07:06:51 pm »
The Evra incident is only an "incident" if you believe he was guilty. Otherwise it should be seen as a massive and convenient miscarriage of justice

I don't believe he was guilty in the evra farce, but he got charged for it all the same.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #561 on: June 25, 2014, 07:07:11 pm »
Males no sense at all. Injuries could be from an accidental collision. What Suarez done was deliberate. No chance we will get compensation for that.
That's not the issue though.

The issue is that this incident wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been playing for Uruguay.

Therefore the UFA are responsible in just the same way as an injury.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Son of Stag

• Main Stander
« Reply #562 on: June 25, 2014, 07:07:15 pm »
How many times has that been debunked on here  ::)
dont know havnt read the whole thread just seen on BBC now so id thougt id post it is that ok with you?

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #563 on: June 25, 2014, 07:08:11 pm »
Are you comparing a mis-timed tackle to a pre-meditated bite?

A better question would be: would people be defending Flanagan so strongly here if it was him who bit Chiellini? Or would he be shown the door?

How was the bite premeditated? Are you saying Suarez planned it in advance?
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #564 on: June 25, 2014, 07:08:17 pm »
I don't believe he was guilty in the evra farce, but he got charged for it all the same.

By the FA with no evidence whatsoever. Anyway done to death.

Offline AM76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #565 on: June 25, 2014, 07:08:55 pm »
To be fair two of them have been for a different club and his national side

That's ok then. Happened for different club and national team   ::)

Simple fact of the matter is he has bit again, for the third time. You can't dress that up in any other way other than pure madness

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #566 on: June 25, 2014, 07:09:07 pm »
I'm sorry Phil Thompson but please shut up.

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #567 on: June 25, 2014, 07:09:44 pm »
How was the bite premeditated? Are you saying Suarez planned it in advance?

What's the alternative? He slipped and found his jaw firmly planted on his shoulder?

You recall he has previous for this too, no?

Offline hansen6

• RAWK Scientific Officer, 1687-1905
  • Legacy Fan
  • Must post more
« Reply #568 on: June 25, 2014, 07:09:44 pm »
The most important thing is perspective

Do we hear a wailing and gnashing of teeth when Flanagan nails a player without winning the ball? Do we demand that player gets sold?

If not, why not?
It's a physical contact sport and tough tackles are an accepted part of that. Biting someone isn't. I can't understand this argument at all.

Offline phonic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: June 25, 2014, 07:10:11 pm »
I defended Suarez after the Evra business. There was no excuse for biting Ivanovic last year and no excuse for this. Defenders and opposition supporters will be trying harder than ever to provoke him next season knowing he'll react.

I'd say defenders already do provoke him and he tends to stay cool 90% of the time. The times when he has done this I don't think he's been treated particularly badly compared to other games this season. Granted I didn't see much of the game last night, but I can't remember Ivanovich roughing him a great deal before he bit him.

I think it's a desperation that comes out in his personality, his will to win is so great that he will do literally anything to get it. If anything he was trying to provoke a reaction from Chiellini to benefit his team. I'm not defending what he did, it's disgusting but it's not the worse thing I've seen on a pitch by a long chalk.

Offline AM76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: June 25, 2014, 07:10:54 pm »
That's not the issue though.

The issue is that this incident wouldn't have happened if he hadn't been playing for Uruguay.

Therefore the UFA are responsible in just the same way as an injury.

Wow. Are you a 10 year old. Blaming him playing for his national team in the world cup. It happened because he isn't wired up properly. Its his own fault. I'll defend our players but he has just taken the piss out of everyone who has previously supported him.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #571 on: June 25, 2014, 07:11:00 pm »

That's like telling the Birmingham Six they can't have jobs because they were charged for terrorism, even though they were found innocent over a decade later.

If you believe Suarez was innocent, and if the club believes he was innocent, then you can't hold it against him.

Nor can you hold the Ajax bite against him.

Nor this one. Because none of it reflects Liverpool Football Club. It reflects Luis Suarez.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #572 on: June 25, 2014, 07:11:18 pm »
What's the alternative? He slipped and found his jaw firmly planted on his shoulder?

You seem to be struggling with the concept of "premeditated"

Something doesn't have to be accidental if it wasn't premeditated.
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #573 on: June 25, 2014, 07:11:25 pm »
Oh lordy whatever will we do?

We won't be bothered but surely suarez won't want to be remembered as that? He obviously cares about how he is portrayed otherwise he wouldn't be moaning about the British press. He was also made up at becoming Pfa player of the year.

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #574 on: June 25, 2014, 07:11:34 pm »
That's ok then. Happened for different club and national team   ::)

Simple fact of the matter is he has bit again, for the third time. You can't dress that up in any other way other than pure madness

Well yeah it is. First one with Ajax is irrelevant. We bought him AFTER that. We knew what we were getting.

The current issue is the one Fifa and his national side need to deal with. It becomes a issue for us if it affects us no?

Online has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: June 25, 2014, 07:11:35 pm »
to be brutally honest I don't give a flying shit he has bitten twice before. the 'ive seen worse' brigade are actually, in my opinion, quite right. its an unusual incident but its not life threatening, no matter how you twist it. 10 game international ban and get him some help, fuckin kneejerkers like danny mills can do one.

hodgson cant believe his luck that this diverted all the attention away from England's piss poor tournament, fuckin jammy useless tossbag!

- all in my opinion of course -

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #576 on: June 25, 2014, 07:12:05 pm »

What's he said?

Offline princeoftherocks

• Legacy Fan
  • black sheep scouse
« Reply #577 on: June 25, 2014, 07:12:15 pm »
Sadly, it's precisely because he's such a brilliant football player that he is being targeted by the press.  Everyone has an opinion and, when the great fall, the drama ensues.

Personally, if he was my mate, I'd probably be trying to cheer him up now.  Defiantly irreverant.  I wouldn't give a shit about who he'd bit - because he's my mate and, well, we've all fucked up at some point or another.   

Morals.  Ethics.  It was bad form, luis.  Bad form.  I regret to inform you that, quite apart from your dazzling wit and uncanny ability to entertain us in all aspects of our senses, you will no longer be considered welcome at the country-club banquet.  Furthermore, I declare you a brute!  It is quite bad form, sir! 

And he said, "Let he who has not sinned cast the first stone."
dios esta buena

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: June 25, 2014, 07:12:53 pm »

We won't be bothered but surely suarez won't want to be remembered as that? He obviously cares about how he is portrayed otherwise he wouldn't be moaning about the British press. He was also made up at becoming Pfa player of the year.

Well there's nothing he can do about it now. Even if we do sell him , people will remember him for biting players. He can go his whole career from now to playing at 38 a model professional and people will most likely remember him for biting people.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #580 on: June 25, 2014, 07:13:37 pm »
To be fair tho All, this will be the third bite he's done and the evra incident. There has to come a point were you say a mistake is a mistake, but Suarez looks like he has some sort on possible mental problem that makes him bite people. Its just not normal behaviour for a fully grown adult. He needs some psychiatric help to try and sort this out.

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=43&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CC8QFjACOCg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rugbydump.com%2F2013%2F08%2F3352%2Ftwo-argentina-players-cited-after-eye-gouge-and-biting-claims-in-mendoza&ei=3A-rU9S0JqW00QXrt4GgBA&usg=AFQjCNHjM0NNvhybTN9G7Q3_BNAh-cPOXA&sig2=6veO4SLYw5cjAGP1-sBtEg&bvm=bv.69620078,d.ZWU

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=46&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CEkQFjAFOCg&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.rugbyweek.com%2Fnews%2Farticle.asp%3Fid%3D40255&ei=3A-rU9S0JqW00QXrt4GgBA&usg=AFQjCNHybCVwWP3S3YY3m4aepTib9Vzc2A&sig2=Ci9_fTq1CfCH1yCQ9-D_6A&bvm=bv.69620078,d.ZWU

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=4&cad=rja&uact=8&sqi=2&ved=0CDwQFjAD&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bbc.co.uk%2Fsport%2F0%2Frugby-union%2F17527026&ei=VxCrU7q7EMHt0gWfqYDwDA&usg=AFQjCNGocaz2BQTPWHrTWJqJclhSu_1Rjw&sig2=qG4l-Dlo20XkFqsZl8eMOg

http://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=33&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0CDIQFjACOB4&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.leaguefreak.com%2Fhilarious-animation-of-anthony-watts-alleged-penis-biting-incident-5703%2F&ei=_hCrU9U_hYfQBdvIgegB&usg=AFQjCNG2-UW-TQVjVqc1Fxj-akW9e-faPw&sig2=ODQlXxEZXGLb-uHBh_cJHA

Your quite right...it is not normal behavior..but not as unusual as is made out  :wave
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 07:15:15 pm by Greyfox »

Offline lfc_col

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #581 on: June 25, 2014, 07:15:27 pm »

he was asked his opinion on the incident and he answered it i don't see the problem
We Won It Six Times

JFT 97

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #582 on: June 25, 2014, 07:16:20 pm »
Wow. Are you a 10 year old. Blaming him playing for his national team in the world cup. It happened because he isn't wired up properly. Its his own fault. I'll defend our players but he has just taken the piss out of everyone who has previously supported him.
Eh?

Look if he does a two footed challenge and breaks his own leg in the process, then we get compensation.

Don't see any difference here.

#didn't really think there was any need for the tone of your post to be honest#
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #583 on: June 25, 2014, 07:16:22 pm »
It's a physical contact sport and tough tackles are an accepted part of that. Biting someone isn't. I can't understand this argument at all.

It's not a difficult argument to understand.

There are players who have, are going to, and always will, go into tackles with no intent to win the ball, and will seriously injure the player they tackle.

It goes against the laws of the game. It's actually written into them what constitutes a tackle and what constitutes violent conduct. Same with elbows.

But if we have a player who does that - either a bad tackle or an elbow - we don't see ANYONE saying "he should be sold"

The same should apply to Suarez here. It was violent conduct. He wasn't sent off. He wasn't carded. So why should he be sold?

Honestly the more I read these responses, the more I believe that a lot of people are more concerned with what their United/Chelsea/City/Arsenal supporting mates will be saying to them than they are with the actual gravity and reality of the situation.

When you've seen a player slide into a player on the ground to headbutt them as they lay prone, in a Sunday league game, then this incident is nothing more than stupidity blown up in an age of wall to wall soapboxes.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #584 on: June 25, 2014, 07:17:05 pm »
he was asked his opinion on the incident and he answered it

Well maybe he should have waited for Liverpool FC, FIFA or Luis himself (within the context of LFC) to "answer it" first.

There are a lot of folk who should just shut the fuck up about it with their pro/con Luis bullshit.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #585 on: June 25, 2014, 07:19:25 pm »

Do you know what "premeditated" means?

I know that makes me sound like an arse, but really, I don't think you are fully appreciating what using a word like "premeditated" actually implies.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: June 25, 2014, 07:20:04 pm »

Deliberate and premeditated don't mean the same thing.

Offline Hash91

• Anny Roader
« Reply #587 on: June 25, 2014, 07:20:57 pm »
Honestly, the incident is more unnatural than grave. I've described these biting incidents to some of my non-football following family members and friends, and their first reaction was '' How fucking hilarious!''.

Their first reaction wasn't '' Damn, he should be banned from playing ''. Those are reactions one would have if a player was caught doping or match fixing.

Yes he has issues. What he did was inexplicable. I don't condone it. He needs to be reprimanded. Just as Jose should have been after his eye poke or Diego Costa for squeezing a defender's willy. I deem them just as unnatural.

He's still a world class player for me and I still love him as part of our team. BR and the club won't act stupidly, they've gone through a lot with him and for him so they will know how to handle it. So I'll trust the club on this one to do the right thing

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: June 25, 2014, 07:22:51 pm »

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: June 25, 2014, 07:23:11 pm »
Honestly, the incident is more unnatural than grave. I've described these biting incidents to some of my non-football following family members and friends, and their first reaction was '' How fucking hilarious!''.

Their first reaction wasn't '' Damn, he should be banned from playing ''. Those are reactions one would have if a player was caught doping or match fixing.

Yes he has issues. What he did was inexplicable. I don't condone it. He needs to be reprimanded. Just as Jose should have been after his eye poke or Diego Costa for squeezing a defender's willy. I deem them just as unnatural.

He's still a world class player for me and I still love him as part of our team. BR and the club won't act stupidly, they've gone through a lot with him and for him so they will know how to handle it. So I'll trust the club on this one to do the right thing
I think that's a very good summary, unnatural (or maybe unusual?) rather than grave....

Still, he's done it three times, there will probably come a time when he will do it again.  But we knew that when we bought him.
W

Offline AM76

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: June 25, 2014, 07:26:00 pm »
Eh?

Look if he does a two footed challenge and breaks his own leg in the process, then we get compensation.

Don't see any difference here.

#didn't really think there was any need for the tone of your post to be honest#

Ok. Going by your logic then. I go on a friends stag doo and shag three women behind my wife's back. She finds out and goes ape shit. Do I turn around and say its not my fault. Because Dave had a stag doo, blame him. Just think about what you typed before and have a think about it.

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #591 on: June 25, 2014, 07:27:09 pm »
Ok. Going by your logic then. I go on a friends stag doo and shag three women behind my wife's back. She finds out and goes ape shit. Do I turn around and say its not my fault. Because Dave had a stag doo, blame him. Just think about what you typed before and have a think about it.

Lucky twat, what are you moaning for? For fucks sake?

Three birds in one sitting? - Pfft, you're a boss!
Continually on 11,420.

Online B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: June 25, 2014, 07:29:17 pm »
My Arsenal supporting mate is absolutely outraged. It's strange, when Suarez got linked with them last year he was buzzing his tits off. He probably would be if they bid for him again this year.

Offline binge

• Kopite
« Reply #593 on: June 25, 2014, 07:31:07 pm »
haha  :lickin

Offline perspectiveplease

• getsomethenstopwastingourbandwidth!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #594 on: June 25, 2014, 07:31:09 pm »
My response to PoP seems to have disappeared? How do I recover it?  ???

Online Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #595 on: June 25, 2014, 07:32:12 pm »
It's not a difficult argument to understand.

There are players who have, are going to, and always will, go into tackles with no intent to win the ball, and will seriously injure the player they tackle.

It goes against the laws of the game. It's actually written into them what constitutes a tackle and what constitutes violent conduct. Same with elbows.

But if we have a player who does that - either a bad tackle or an elbow - we don't see ANYONE saying "he should be sold"

The same should apply to Suarez here. It was violent conduct. He wasn't sent off. He wasn't carded. So why should he be sold?

Honestly the more I read these responses, the more I believe that a lot of people are more concerned with what their United/Chelsea/City/Arsenal supporting mates will be saying to them than they are with the actual gravity and reality of the situation.

When you've seen a player slide into a player on the ground to headbutt them as they lay prone, in a Sunday league game, then this incident is nothing more than stupidity blown up in an age of wall to wall soapboxes.

Spot on PoP.

At every set piece you probably have half a dozen assaults, half a dozen acts of intimidation's and half a dozen verbal volleys that describe sexual acts with opponents relatives. That is the reality, it's not tiddly winks it's high level sport and every single player is looking to gain an advantage.

Chielini and Ivanovic aren't the arch angel Gabriel they are rough and tough streetwise players who push the laws of the game to the nth degree. It's a rough tough sport and the moral indignation over a potential bite is frankly hilarious.   
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #596 on: June 25, 2014, 07:33:04 pm »
Luis isn't playing "In the Favelas" anymore, he's playing in a World Cup and for one of the biggest teams in Europe. There must be thousands and thousands of South American footballers playing at major clubs all around the world who may have started playing in Favela-like conditions - It would be interesting to see how many of them have carried on these traits with them to adulthood that you say have made Luis the way he is.

I can't really answer that with statistics But you would be looking exclusively at attacking players though. Off the top of my head I know Edmundo, Romario (pissed out of a balcony onto journalists below), Neymar, Adriano (still lived in the favela he grew up in in Rio when playing for Flamengo), Diego Costa, Suárez.

There will be lost more though. Those are just the high profile ones that everyone will know. In South American football it happens all the time.

They are all attackers who learned how to deal with physically imposing players in street football. It's no coincidence that all these players spent the game kicking the shit out of Luis and are twice his size. He goes back to his instincts and deals with it how he learned to as a kid. In that moment he isn´t thinking about who is watching, what the stage is, what his wife/kids will think/say. It's entirely instinct. In that sense, he is still playing in the favela in that moment.
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #597 on: June 25, 2014, 07:33:44 pm »
Seriously? You really think it worthy of a 12 match ban?? Even the FA didn't give that! I honestly think fifa will give no more than about 4 matches, they are not influenced and provoked by the mass hypocritical press bombardment we get in the UK.

I didnt say worthy, just a guesstimate, I'm only going on past precedent seeing the FA banned Suarez for 10 matches & the most FIFA have banned a player is 8 matches. 12 seems a fair guess, but who knows really.

Offline Bird Bird Bird The Bird Is The Word

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Brace for Impact
« Reply #598 on: June 25, 2014, 07:33:44 pm »
The irony of this is, is that if Suarez has pre-meditated, he would've been calmer and probably wouldn't have bitten him.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #599 on: June 25, 2014, 07:35:20 pm »
My Arsenal supporting mate is absolutely outraged. It's strange, when Suarez got linked with them last year he was buzzing his tits off. He probably would be if they bid for him again this year.

Typical fan hiding behind this incident because deep down he is jealous Suarez is our player. Just like the Utd, Everton and any other set of fans who want him banned, sold and out of this country. Anything to stop him playing for us anymore.