Author Topic: Suarez and Liverpool FC  (Read 70556 times)

Offline GODS LEFT BOOT

• Legacy Fan
  • ...AND THE SWEET SILVER SONG OF THE LARK
Re: Suarez and Liverpool FC
« Reply #720 on: June 25, 2014, 08:55:30 pm »
I told my sister who is completely disinterested in football. Her first reaction? Bemused laughter. When I told her it was the third time? More laughter.

If he was going around punching people in the face, I'd be more willing to condemn him. The fact is he's done the sum of fuck all damage to three fellas by having a nibble, and will probably have been punished for over 30 games for them. I'm not saying that's unjust by the way. But that's what it is, isn't it? If he'd broken three noses, would he have been suspended for less games?

I don't see how it being more unusual equals it being worse. Shitting on a fellas chest while he's sleeping is probably more uncommon than murdering or crippling someone. It doesn't mean it's worse though.

Fuck me  :lmao
If my assistant had not signalled a goal, I would have given a penalty and sent off goalkeeper Patr Cheh. he beeped me to signal the foul. The noise from the crowd  stopped me hearing it, I have been involved at places like Barcelona, Ibrox, Old Trafford, Arsenal, but I've never in my life been involved in such an atmosphere. IT WAS INCREDIBLE

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: June 25, 2014, 08:56:08 pm »
Poultry in motion, tra la la la la...

:lmao

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #722 on: June 25, 2014, 08:56:27 pm »
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #723 on: June 25, 2014, 08:57:49 pm »
Zico was from a middle-class family in Rio. He has never lived in a favela in his life.

I know for a fact that Romario once pissed onto journalists off a hotel balcony while on International duty with Brazil.

Ronaldo pretty much only made it because Jairzinho met him and personally paid for him to become a footballer, paying for his gear, driving him to practices, ringing around pro clubs for him. I know this from actually speaking to Jairzinho himself. Without a mentor I have no doubt he would have a different story today.

I know so little of Jairzinho's childhood to comment. I would say though that these events are not really a big deal in Brazil and rarely make it into the public domain. In fact it is usually avoiding to protect the image of Selecão (see earler story of Romario for example).

Again, I wasn´t saying "born in favela = destined to be a psycho dickhead". I was merely offering an explaining of how some players develope a way to handle growing up in that environment that they find hard to shake afterwards.
Good hand played there!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline macca1040

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #724 on: June 25, 2014, 08:57:59 pm »
A bunch of commentary but seems like there are basically 2 points of view:

1.   I DON’T care because he scores goals.

- Which is supported by the following arguments:

i.  Hard tackles are much worse

ii.  Shankly would have loved him

iii.  We'd suck without him

iv.  We somehow already know the ban is going to be too long

v. Conspiratorial agenda by the English media

vi.  Suarez is a mad genius

vii.  He was wearing a Uruguay shirt so it’s almost like it never happened at all

viii.  I bit a guy once and he liked it

2.   I DO care because enough is enough.

- Which is supported by the following arguments:

i.  He bit a guy

ii.  He bit another guy

iii.  He bit a third guy

iv.  He might bite a fourth guy and he might be wearing a red shirt when he does it

v.  Biting people is kind of a fucked up thing to do

vi.  Shankly would have hated him

vii.  It reflects poorly on LFC

viii.  He can be sold for a shitload of money

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #725 on: June 25, 2014, 09:01:18 pm »

Again, I wasn´t saying "born in favela = destined to be a psycho dickhead". I was merely offering an explaining of how some players develope a way to handle growing up in that environment that they find hard to shake afterwards.

Fair enough, although the vast majority of footballers from very poor backgrounds in S.America and Africa don't really behave any differently on the football pitch to others with more priviliged backgrounds, i'm sure you agree.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #726 on: June 25, 2014, 09:07:16 pm »
I love the fact it's pissed so many mancs and other fans and media off. My old man rang me after it happened and said "you see that"? I said Yeh he's a mentler and we both laughed. Fact is, he needs help not punishment. He's one of the best footballers in the world and I'm so past giving a Fuck that it just amuses me now. Oh the morale outrage, think of the children, put him in prison...for fucks sake someone actually seriously said that....You can only laugh as clearly some are just as mental as our Louis. I'll support him, don't care, hope he continues to be the best in the league and pisses them all off even more.

Pretty much my view.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #727 on: June 25, 2014, 09:10:12 pm »
Fair enough, although the vast majority of footballers from very poor backgrounds in S.America and Africa don't really behave any differently on the football pitch to others with more priviliged backgrounds, i'm sure you agree.

Bringing it back to the point though mate (Which is Luis Suarez); trying to defend his actions by any means necessary is not doing anything other taking up bandwidth. 
Continually on 11,420.

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #728 on: June 25, 2014, 09:10:20 pm »
La Pais apparent show Chellini celebrating with shirt off many moons ago.

Guess what ,...the marks where there then.

Dunno how reliable this is but...

https://twitter.com/brodriguez135/status/481789825532821504/photo/1

Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: June 25, 2014, 09:11:07 pm »
The sooner the ban is revealed the better. Hope it's tonight.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #730 on: June 25, 2014, 09:11:30 pm »
Well Sakho has just gone and done and elbowed someone on a corner.

Should sell him. Think of all the bad publicity.

Etc.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #731 on: June 25, 2014, 09:11:32 pm »
Bringing it back to the point though mate (Which is Luis Suarez); trying to defend his actions by any means necessary is not doing anything other taking up bandwidth. 

He wasn't defending them, he was offering an explanation as to why it may happen.

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #732 on: June 25, 2014, 09:11:34 pm »
Whilst most Liverpool fans are now right in touch with Luis's mentality (previous suggestions that biting is a move engineering act now look way off as he obviously realised it was a mistake straight away this time and he loves playing for Uruguay) I think the reality is that many of feel a little more detached than the last one. The Chelsea bite directly impacted upon us but this one is different, Uruguay are more deeply affected now and Suarez's value has risen since then, both financially and to us.

If he's banned for Uruguay, our gain
If no-one wants him, we've kept hold of one of the best players in the world and he starts at game 1 next year
If he leaves, the buy out is now £68m and our PR disaster is over.

As a club, other than reputation, we can't really lose this time and, whatever you think, the name of Liverpool will get even more hits worldwide and more people will pay to watch us.

Take out the personal principles (which I am able to do quite easily as I hear of and see worse things everyday off the pitch) then the selfish supporter in me sees the above.

I'm not the manager so I don't have to bring my personal views into it, if it was an individual athlete then I would probably lose interest in him. As I'm a Liverpool fan, and we circle the wagons the world regularly, both as a City and a club against the rest of the country, then my external face will remain calm, my inner selfishness will be OK and I'll carry applying my personal principles to my own life, especially as I'd genuinely rather be bitten (non-invasive) than have my leg broken.

Wrong, no justification but ultimately no tears or great concerns once the furore has died down. Nuttah, but, at this moment, our Nuttah.

Where has this figure come from?

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #733 on: June 25, 2014, 09:14:07 pm »

Etc.
To be fair, he fell on to his elbow (!)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
  • I think my F5 has gone weird
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #734 on: June 25, 2014, 09:18:04 pm »

Etc.

Sell them all!!! 
"If people trust and love you, you will never walk alone." - Philippos

Quote from: shanklyboy on April  3, 2006, 12:04:44 AM

IF YOU'RE EVER SKINT ROMAN
          WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #735 on: June 25, 2014, 09:19:36 pm »
He wasn't defending them, he was offering an explanation as to why it may happen.

Fair enough, he's made his point and offered various points in various forums. It would be highly arrogant (Not on any specific persons part) to think that they are 'unmoot' points of view.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2014, 09:22:23 pm by Kidder. »
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: June 25, 2014, 09:19:46 pm »
Dunno how reliable this is but...

https://twitter.com/brodriguez135/status/481789825532821504/photo/1

Those dastardly Italians have obviously rubbed Suarez' favourite drink mate on Chiellini's shoulder, knowing he would be thirsty and would instinctively have a sniff of said shoulder, at which point he fell into the trap and a previous scar would instead be used as evidence of a "bite".
Baldrick would be proud of this cunning plan.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #737 on: June 25, 2014, 09:21:55 pm »

viii.  I bit a guy once and he liked it

;D

Out of interest, what`s your views in all this then.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #738 on: June 25, 2014, 09:21:58 pm »
was Suarez banned from Uruguay matches while he was baned for the Ivanovic bite?

why should he be banned for us now, if he wasn´t for Uruguay back then...?!

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #739 on: June 25, 2014, 09:23:04 pm »
Meh. To be honest, I don't think it was particularly bad, though obviously it's violent conduct and he'll get another ban, hopefully only for internationals. That's all there should be to it really. I don't get all the outrage. He'll do mad things now and then, that's just who he is. It likely will get less as he gets older, but it'll never leave him. Think of Zidane.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: June 25, 2014, 09:26:04 pm »
Where has this figure come from?
His arse/he's itk.

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #741 on: June 25, 2014, 09:26:13 pm »
was Suarez banned from Uruguay matches while he was baned for the Ivanovic bite?
Maybe his opponents should be baned and then it wouldn't happen.  ;)
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #742 on: June 25, 2014, 09:27:01 pm »
Not arsed anymore. I mean it's pathetic how much coverage it's getting. Fucking pathetic.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #743 on: June 25, 2014, 09:29:10 pm »
I don't see how it being more unusual equals it being worse. Shitting on a fellas chest while he's sleeping is probably more uncommon than murdering or crippling someone. It doesn't mean it's worse though.

Don't know whether its the plain and simple sensationalism, the fact it keeps happening or just the massive over-the-top hypocrisy, but while some of the day I've been seriously pissed off with the media etc, for most I've honestly never laughed so much at some of the comments, gifs and jokes! Especially the above, brilliant!  :lmao

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #744 on: June 25, 2014, 09:31:56 pm »
Not arsed anymore. I mean it's pathetic how much coverage it's getting. Fucking pathetic.

I flicked onto Sky Sports News this morning and they were talking about it. Flicked over and watched twenty minutes of some Attenborough thing on Eden, flicked over to SSN on a break and they were STILL discussing it.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #745 on: June 25, 2014, 09:32:42 pm »
The funny thing is, it's both hilarious and infuriating at the same time.  It's like politics.

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #746 on: June 25, 2014, 09:33:50 pm »
The hysteria being stoked up by all British media and I include Robbie Fowler ,Phil Thompson and particularly Martin Tyler is way over the top,four match international ban agree to weekly therapy and it's all systems go for Southampton on The 16th of August.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #747 on: June 25, 2014, 09:34:01 pm »
Fair enough, he's made his point and offered various points in various forums. It would be highly arrogant (Not on any specific persons part) to think that they are 'unmoot' points of view.

It's his points of view from his personal experiences, either you can offer an opposing view from a personal point as well, or not? You can't call him out for it if it's a personal experience can you?

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #748 on: June 25, 2014, 09:34:03 pm »

Couldn't agree more

Imagine if this was Rooney, the media would be passing it off as an elbow to the face, Rooney slipped, Rooney being made to look like a bad guy, Rooney was hungry etc.

Offline Son of Stag

• Main Stander
« Reply #749 on: June 25, 2014, 09:34:07 pm »
should have bit his jugular vein open give them somethin worth goin on about

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: June 25, 2014, 09:34:49 pm »

why should he be banned for us now, if he wasn´t for Uruguay back then...?!

Because the FA have no jurisdiction over internationals, FIFA does over everything.

I suspect that's it, but your point is valid.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Online TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: June 25, 2014, 09:34:53 pm »
should have bit his jugular vein open give them somethin worth goin on about
He would have need go go gadget telescopic teeth
W

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #752 on: June 25, 2014, 09:35:44 pm »
I flicked onto Sky Sports News this morning and they were talking about it. Flicked over and watched twenty minutes of some Attenborough thing on Eden, flicked over to SSN on a break and they were STILL discussing it.

its gold dust for those Sky wankers not to mention Roy and the England team.Coming home the day Luis has a bite is the ultimate good day to bury bad news.
Kenny Godglish

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: June 25, 2014, 09:35:48 pm »
I realise that everyone here wants to protect and defend Suarez.

But didn't any of your Mums ever tell you not to bite anyone? I can't believe how so many on here just laugh his behaviour off.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #754 on: June 25, 2014, 09:37:36 pm »

But didn't any of your Mums ever tell you not to bite anyone? I can't believe how so many on here just laugh his behaviour off.
I had a bird once who loved being bitten on the arse.
Kenny Godglish

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #755 on: June 25, 2014, 09:37:59 pm »
Couldn't agree more

Imagine if this was Rooney, the media would be passing it off as an elbow to the face, Rooney slipped, Rooney being made to look like a bad guy, Rooney was hungry etc.

Wait a sec, there's a defence... he was just having a bit of salami, he was.

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline bclfc

• Legacy Fan
    • The Who Boys
« Reply #756 on: June 25, 2014, 09:38:31 pm »
I had a bird once who loved being bitten on the arse.

I had an arse once that loved being bitten by a bird.

WE'VE GOT 5 EUROS

Offline thekitkatshuffler

• Dreams of John Barrowman's lips, bearded ladies and the origins of mirth. Which he thinks is an abbreviation of "Middle Earth".
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #757 on: June 25, 2014, 09:39:27 pm »
Because the FA have no jurisdiction over internationals, FIFA does over everything.

I suspect that's it, but your point is valid.
Is that even true though?  I thought they only had jurisdiction over their own competitions in relation to disciplinary action?
David Platt has a face like a Michael Myers mask being stretched over a dinosaur egg.
Aquilani is better than Pele, Maradona, Cruyff, Messi and Beckenbauer put together.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #758 on: June 25, 2014, 09:39:33 pm »
I had an arse once that loved being bitten by a bird.
lucky you
Kenny Godglish

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #759 on: June 25, 2014, 09:41:20 pm »

Didn't your mum ever tell you if you've got nothing nice to say, don't say anything at all?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.