Author Topic: Suarez and Liverpool FC  (Read 70757 times)

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Suarez and Liverpool FC
« Reply #360 on: June 25, 2014, 04:30:52 pm »
The worry is that he gets a lengthy ban for something he does with Liverpool next season.
I think opposition teams should be more worried about Suarez than we should.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: June 25, 2014, 04:30:54 pm »
sportingintelligence @sportingintel · 2h
Yes, it is horrible. Yes, LS has a screw loose. Yes, he has to be punished. But is what he did on the same level as match-fixing and doping?

sportingintelligence @sportingintel  ·  2h
Suarez: polarising opinion like no footballer since Cantona. What he did was minor / much worse than fixing & doping / all points in between

Some sense.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #362 on: June 25, 2014, 04:31:31 pm »
Was Keegan's fight on the 10 o clock news? or the front page of the Mirror?

I don't know, I was 1 year old.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #363 on: June 25, 2014, 04:31:47 pm »
I can't be bothered to follow this shitstorm, Luis is a dimwit who brought it on himself and deserves punishment but also need professional help. English media have now found a perfect reason to ignore Hodgson's failure. We probably won't sell this summer, nobody will probably even bid for him. He'll most likely be banned for several months in all competitions as a token of good will from FIFA to FA and England.

Stupid manchild.

Offline Cantona

• Traore 1 Cantona 0
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: June 25, 2014, 04:31:52 pm »
It's weird mate, it's almost like you would treat your family. If someone in your family does something wrong, you are likely to forgive them easily, or make the offence seem lesser than it was. Very similar with footballers too I find.

Pretty much.
People forget that footballers are human, capable of doing shitty things at times, but like the nutter mate you grew up with (we all have one) in the end you just have to accept that he can't help it and love him anyway.
When ze seagulls follow ze trawler....

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #365 on: June 25, 2014, 04:32:31 pm »
Actually eric is one of the few manc players i liked. He was nuts.
I hated him, I have to say. All that turning up the collar bollox really wound me up. Plus the fact that he was fucking brilliant.

I quite like him now though. ;D

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #366 on: June 25, 2014, 04:32:45 pm »
Could you bold where he says we should sell him please?

Not spelling it out exactly, but he's practically advising that it would be for the best if he left.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #367 on: June 25, 2014, 04:32:49 pm »
I'm amazed how quickly people forgot how much he was desperate to leave us last year. But when he does this kind of thing again, it's like blind devotion to him.

I thought he was brilliant last year, amazing even. He almost won us the league with some of his performances. But this devotion to him, this endless looking to excuse the man somehow, baffles me?
Again, if he did this in one of the games at the end of the season, what would people have done? Found articles quoting Shankly to say 'he's mad, but he's ours!' as he sat out another ban?

I don't get it.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Paul5star

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #368 on: June 25, 2014, 04:33:19 pm »
I think opposition teams should be more worried about Suarez than we should.

Just something to consider. Just a shame after rebuilding his rep last season.

Offline firing squad

• Thinks he's a dog with spots.
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Dalmatia
« Reply #369 on: June 25, 2014, 04:33:22 pm »
Not bothered if we sell him now. How can I cheer him on after this?
hilarious.

I reckon it's nailed on for us to draw Juve in the CL next season. ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metkovi%C4%87

http://www.lfccro.com/

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #370 on: June 25, 2014, 04:33:37 pm »
I don't know, I was 1 year old.

Well how do you know how big of a celeb they were?
Insert obscure quote here

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: June 25, 2014, 04:33:52 pm »
When he does something worth cashing in for, then we cash in. Until then, he trains and plays.

wow

maybe we'll cash in when he bites someones nose off their face??

or maybe not

Offline GreenLaneRed27

• Kopite
« Reply #372 on: June 25, 2014, 04:33:54 pm »
Whilst not condoning what he did - I can see some of his motivation... He was struggling and his team was struggling against an aggressive, disciplined and strong Italian back four - he wanted to disrupt or distract the defence (or chiellini in particular) in order to increase his teams chance or scoring and qualifying; which he did! As within a few minutes the Italians had given Godin a free header from the edge of 6 yard box right between the goal posts. Was the 'bite' and ensuing drama a factor in this loss of discipline from a set piece? Possibly! So, maybe, there was some method in his madness???

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #373 on: June 25, 2014, 04:34:47 pm »
Not spelling it out exactly, but he's practically advising that it would be for the best if he left.

He didn't say it, and just because you think you can read between the lines doesn't mean he did either.

So that'll be no, either Thompson or Fowler have said we should sell him.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: June 25, 2014, 04:35:08 pm »

It made The Times:

Offline Paul5star

• Main Stander
« Reply #375 on: June 25, 2014, 04:35:37 pm »
Whilst not condoning what he did - I can see some of his motivation... He was struggling and his team was struggling against an aggressive, disciplined and strong Italian back four - he wanted to disrupt or distract the defence (or chiellini in particular) in order to increase his teams chance or scoring and qualifying; which he did! As within a few minutes the Italians had given Godin a free header from the edge of 6 yard box right between the goal posts. Was the 'bite' and ensuing drama a factor in this loss of discipline from a set piece? Possibly! So, maybe, there was some method in his madness???

the ban will cancel that out!

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #376 on: June 25, 2014, 04:35:39 pm »
He didn't say it, and just because you think you can read between the lines doesn't mean he did either.

Could you bold where he says we should sell him please?

I mean, apart from it being Kadian posting it and jumping on that fact, if you think "Will Barcelona and Real Madrid still want him with all this baggage? I think they'll still covet him and i think that would be a good get-out for Liverpool" isn't basically suggesting selling him, then you're just being silly.

He doesn't have to say 'SELL HIM!' for you to see that's what he is saying.  ::)
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: June 25, 2014, 04:35:49 pm »
Well how do you know how big of a celeb they were?

Because I can read.

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: June 25, 2014, 04:36:39 pm »
front page...back page...what's the difference?

he was a superstar...literally!

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: June 25, 2014, 04:36:45 pm »
Why do people keep mentioning 1 year bans etc  :butt :butt :butt :butt It is violent conduct minimum a few games max six. Stop choking down ssn and the rest of the shitty press ffs!!!

Offline Paul5star

• Main Stander
« Reply #380 on: June 25, 2014, 04:37:29 pm »

Fowler never said sell, I heard him say something along lines of , if we sell it won't be a surprise.

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #381 on: June 25, 2014, 04:39:15 pm »
Or we could pay him 200 grand a week for the next 5 years while he sits in the stand scratchin his arse for 10 games a season tellin everyone how sorry he is

He has been banned for 20 games (top of my head) since he signed.

He is a superb footballer. But he is a crank.

last summer he tried to anything he could to leave

SUAREZ WAS DESPERATE TO LEAVE LIVERPOOL!!!! DESPERATE TO LEAVE!!!!

Lets keep bumming him till he stabs someone with a pencil he pulls from his sock at a corner.

Then we can sell him

Insert obscure quote here

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: June 25, 2014, 04:39:31 pm »

Now everyone in the world knows Suarez and that he plays for us.

excellent.  No such thing as bad publicity.

I reckon we'll sell a shitload of shirts to people who had no clue who Suarez and Liverpool were 2 days ago, just so they could be the bad boys. ;D
"The trouble with quotes on the Internet is that you never know if they are genuine." - Bill Shankly

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #384 on: June 25, 2014, 04:39:33 pm »

Fuck all reading between the lines needed:

'I think they'll still covet him and i think that would be a good get-out for Liverpool.'

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #385 on: June 25, 2014, 04:39:38 pm »
I can't be bothered to follow this shitstorm, Luis is a dimwit who brought it on himself and deserves punishment but also need professional help. English media have now found a perfect reason to ignore Hodgson's failure. We probably won't sell this summer, nobody will probably even bid for him. He'll most likely be banned for several months in all competitions as a token of good will from FIFA to FA and England.

No such thing. In either direction.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: June 25, 2014, 04:39:52 pm »
wow

maybe we'll cash in when he bites someones nose off their face??

or maybe not

Give over with your moral high horse.

He didn't take PED's, he didn't fix a game, he didn't break anybody's leg, and he didn't refuse to play for his team. In fact, he did nothing in a Liverpool shirt, either. He had a moment of stupidity (again), in a tense game, near the end of a grueling physical contest, and he will be duly punished by FIFA for it.

If you want your sporting heroes to be holier-than-thou and cleaner-than-clean, I suggest you follow Curling, or Lawn Bowls.

If you want your sporting heroes to be footballers, then you're going to get flaws.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #387 on: June 25, 2014, 04:40:14 pm »
Suarez is a blessing in disguise for Sepp Blatter. Not only has this detracted attention away from their corruption allegations. They can impose a hefty ban and fine to show they mean business when it comes to disciplining players.

PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline I-was-watching-it-on-Sky

• Jiggerer Pokerer. He was watching, he was watching, he was watching it on Sky. He was watching it on Sky!
  • Kopite
  • We return to our place as football Royalty.
« Reply #388 on: June 25, 2014, 04:42:02 pm »
Out of interest, what would people be saying now if he'd done this again while playing for us at the end of the season? And got another 10 match ban?

Would they be trying to defend / deflect / paint him as the tortured soul he's being painted as today by some?
Or would they think he's a liability who could miss 20% of matches a season carrying on the way he does?

Even on here we seem to be reflecting the wider media/ public who've made comments on the issue and there seems to be two opposing camps on this issue [how familiar is that?]; there's the hang him high crowd and those who appear [to my mind] to want to keep things in proportion.

My interpretation of [most] of the comments that you claim are "...trying to defend / deflect / paint him as the tortured soul..." is that they are doing that at all.

There's a difference between understanding him and looking for an explanation for why he does what he does and defending or excusing his actions.

Many a player has been injured far more seriously from tackles which are intended to go over the top than what Suarez has inflicted...but they're labelled in some way as 'manly' and 'honourable' but biting is disgusting n cowardly.

Personally I'd see more long-term harm in that kind of double standard than dealing with Suarez in a calm n measured way.
Lesser Redneck Shitehawk

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: June 25, 2014, 04:42:08 pm »
Or we could pay him 200 grand a week for the next 5 years while he sits in the stand scratchin his arse for 10 games a season tellin everyone how sorry he is

Lets keep bumming him till he stabs someone with a pencil he pulls from his sock at a corner.

Then we can sell him

But he's likely not going to get banned for Liverpool

Should we sell every player who parks in a handicap spot at the supermarket?

Or how about any who fails to pay their tax bill?

I mean, it doesn't reflect their performance in a Liverpool shirt, but we can't be doing with the bad publicity, eh?

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: June 25, 2014, 04:42:34 pm »

Then we can sell him

:lmao

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: June 25, 2014, 04:42:41 pm »
front page...back page...what's the difference?

he was a superstar...literally!

He was a good player for us, but became more famous after he left us and went to Hamburg and then the move to Southampton and Newcastle. It was more when he had the curly perm for England that I remember him and that's when he did the Brut ads. But I suppose the main point is, there is much more scrutiny on players these days - to a certain extent, the news media is driven by social media. If people are talking about something, the media will report it.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #392 on: June 25, 2014, 04:43:06 pm »
How many of us have scythed our mates down in the park to the extent theyve had to take a week off work. Plenty I'll bet. Christ they'll be playing in dinner suits and dining in high society next. what what what what what. If anyone had bit our Tommy, theyd never've woken up. Turning into a right girlie game followed by pansies.

Ooh. I need to step outside for some air, the testosterone is overpowering.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #393 on: June 25, 2014, 04:43:28 pm »

Then we can sell him

Biting , the gateway crime.

Offline Greyfox

• Silver Fox's less distinguished brother
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverbird on my chest
« Reply #394 on: June 25, 2014, 04:43:42 pm »

Then we can sell him

I am afraid that you sir, are either a moron or a wum....I don't know you well enough to make a judgement on you ....like you are on Luis, so I'll go with the latter.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: June 25, 2014, 04:43:57 pm »
Biting , the gateway crime.

First one's free

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #396 on: June 25, 2014, 04:44:11 pm »
Fuck all reading between the lines needed:

'I think they'll still covet him and i think that would be a good get-out for Liverpool.'

Unless my understanding of the English language is fucked up, and it shouldn't be as I've spoken it my whole life, but I can't see anywhere where he says we should sell him.

He says there is a good get-out for Liverpool, but I don't see anywhere where he gives his opinion on if HE thinks we should sell him.

Offline steveeastend

• Learnt to play them drums
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: June 25, 2014, 04:44:23 pm »
I am pretty sure that he will be leaving after this... FSG will happily accept an offer from PSG or whoever for 80m and that's it then.
One thing does need to be said: in the post-Benitez era, there was media-led clamour (but also some politicking going on at the club) to make the club more English; the idea being that the club had lost the very essence of what it means to be ‘Liverpool’. Guillem Ballague 18/11/10

Offline Frizzo

• Having a Bad Hair Life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: June 25, 2014, 04:44:39 pm »
Suarez is a blessing in disguise for Sepp Blatter. Not only has this detracted attention away from their corruption allegations. They can impose a hefty ban and fine to show they mean business when it comes to disciplining players.

I really don't see how he can impose any kind of 'hefty' ban. Unless you mean 6-8 WC matches.

He can impose a ban. Fitting of violent conduct.

All this nonsense about being able to ban him worldwide for 6 months is just that. Nonsense.

There would be absolutely no chance of any sort of premier league ban holding up in a court of arbitration.

He flat out will not get banned for any Liverpool games for this.

Fin.

Offline firing squad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: June 25, 2014, 04:44:59 pm »

I'd pay good money to see that live.