Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 990434 times)

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #10880 on: April 19, 2024, 02:35:01 am »
Brilliant European record, brilliant legacy, brilliant man. Danke Jurgen 👏

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #10881 on: April 19, 2024, 06:25:50 am »
The coaches  working for Klopp should also try their best and out on a high, not just the players.
 Klopp looks shattered.

Offline kloppismydad

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #10882 on: April 19, 2024, 08:03:16 am »
Now I can finally see the lack of energy on the pitch that Jurgen felt when he made his decision.

Just feeling sad and remorseful now that he won't get the amazing send-off he deserved with a couple of trophies.

Going to be tough to see the next 6 matches knowing we will have to say our goodbyes to him. But honestly now, it feels like the right moment for both parties.
Mark my words. Top 8 will be a massive struggle.
We won't make any big signings this season and we will go back to being a top4 club.

Offline Wool

• eBack
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10883 on: April 19, 2024, 08:12:30 am »
The big regret is he’s not leaving with more this season. I think knowing the calibre of the man though he’ll be content knowing the team/squad is in a much healthier state than last season (and we are). The league is unlikely but not impossible..

Offline tray fenny

• virtue signaling keyboard warrior
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10884 on: April 21, 2024, 07:05:11 pm »
couldnt luv a manager any more than this guy.
'Germany are a very difficult team to play, they had 11 internationals out there today.' - Steve Lomas

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #10885 on: April 21, 2024, 07:05:39 pm »
Got it very right today.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10886 on: April 21, 2024, 07:09:05 pm »
Got it very right today.
Agreed.
couldnt luv a manager any more than this guy.
Also agreed.

Offline Corbykop

• Main Stander
« Reply #10887 on: April 22, 2024, 12:49:56 pm »
Is there any update at this stage on any parade for JK now that two cup finals have been taken out of the end of season calendar?

Would they do something immediately after the Wolves game say on May 20th?

Anybody heard anything?

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10888 on: April 22, 2024, 03:03:42 pm »
Was just thinking this morning about Klopp’s legacy and how he has won all of the major domestic and International club trophies, but the record below I don’t think anyone will get close to, not even City with Pep and their 115 charges have done this.

Rolling 38 game league season from 27 Feb 2019 to 24 Feb 2020.

P38 W36 D2 L0 F94 A24 Pts 110

That will never be beaten in my view. Only dropped 4 league points in a full year of league football, which is a quite staggering period of dominance. He also won a European Champions League Final in that time too.

I don’t think we will ever forget that team that he built, for me the best I have ever seen represent our famous red shirt.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2024, 03:20:20 pm by Passmaster Molby »

Online wemmick

• Legacy Fan
  • "Do it half-assed. That's the American Way!"
« Reply #10889 on: April 23, 2024, 03:29:15 am »
Was just thinking this morning about Klopp’s legacy and how he has won all of the major domestic and International club trophies, but the record below I don’t think anyone will get close to, not even City with Pep and their 115 charges have done this.

That will never be beaten in my view. Only dropped 4 league points in a full year of league football, which is a quite staggering period of dominance. He also won a European Champions League Final in that time too.

I don’t think we will ever forget that team that he built, for me the best I have ever seen represent our famous red shirt.

That team was unbelievable. I have never seen a team so determined to win. It was Klopp's crown jewel.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10890 on: April 23, 2024, 11:29:38 pm »
Kloppo's energy has gone. We'll miss him but he is drained.

Klopp on being a manager:

“Everyone else can only watch it and think: ‘Oh my God, it looks exciting.’ But somebody has to make the decisions. So many people always visit me around the games and say: ‘We won’t see that any more,’ and I just want to tell them – I work all the time, you just watch the games. I’m constantly in it. Even when the game is over I can’t switch off. It’s not great to be in this situation all the time. Maybe other people enjoy that more than me. But that’s something I definitely will not miss.”

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10891 on: April 24, 2024, 12:00:24 am »

Peak Klopp for sure. Also don't forget Bobby's winner in Doha that December for the FIFA Club World Cup win.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline MNAA

• ...mnaa, doo doo, deh-doodoo.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10892 on: April 24, 2024, 04:10:38 am »

Agree and I am at peace with his decision to leave right from Day 1 because I love Kloop the person more than Klopp the Liverpool manager. For his sake, he needs to break away from this before he breaks down completely

We will never find another Klopp and it’s ok. Another manager will come in and we will back him like we have always been (except Hodgson probably) and hopefully we will continue to be competitive and successful
Neither party wishes to be bent over backwards but...
coitus will occur

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10893 on: April 24, 2024, 06:26:27 am »

Yes, he needs to go for his own good and we should all understand and respect that. He has more than done his part, I would prefer for him to get some serious family time now, he's sacrificed enough of that. We will still have the memories.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10894 on: April 24, 2024, 06:28:31 am »

Wish him all the best. Nothing is more important than family, he deserves to put them first for a while or forever!

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #10895 on: April 24, 2024, 06:29:15 am »
Yes, he needs to go for his own good and we should all understand and respect that. He has more than done his part, I would prefer for him to get some serious family time now, he's sacrificed enough of that. We will still have the memories.
And we can always continue building on those memories when he comes back after his sabbatical... :P
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10896 on: April 24, 2024, 07:43:08 am »
Yeah, I read that interview and felt he's ready to go now, let alone at the end of the season. Wish our support could carry him over the line to 20 but it's feeling unlikely. Yet managers who have won far more have been loved far less.

Offline Clint Eastwood

• The man with no name
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10897 on: April 24, 2024, 01:10:40 pm »
It’s sad to see how done he is with the job. I bet he’s counting down the days. He deserves the break. I genuinely think that will be him done with management, potentially a stint with Germany in a few years.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10898 on: April 24, 2024, 01:16:59 pm »
It’s sad to see how done he is with the job. I bet he’s counting down the days. He deserves the break. I genuinely think that will be him done with management, potentially a stint with Germany in a few years.

I think he’ll be back in some form in less than a year. He’s drained to fuck but he will be addicted to it in some form also. He said similar after Dortmund and his long planned break got cut way short in the end to come here.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10899 on: April 24, 2024, 01:58:29 pm »

he actually looks like he is! Not been as active on the sidelines from what I’ve seen in recent games. Looks like a man who’s ready to go chill-out at home with his grandson and the rest of the Kloppo clan.

He’s always been a give it all type of coach, and he’s always said that if he can’t give it all he can't do the job. And he’d never go on like those managers who can’t walk away like Wenger, Hodgson and Ferguson.

23 years of that type of coaching and managing is going to take it’s toll. 

I think he’ll be back in some form in less than a year. He’s drained to fuck but he will be addicted to it in some form also. He said similar after Dortmund and his long planned break got cut way short in the end to come here.

Honestly not sure if it’ll work out that way this time. But I agree that he isn’t done with football and will coach again. But at BVB he always said he wanted to go coach in the PL. But he’s done it now, he’s never really shown an interest in going to coach in countries where he can’t speak the language.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 02:00:05 pm by Dim Glas »

Online Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10900 on: April 24, 2024, 02:01:23 pm »

He will definitely manage again, we just need to make sure its with us.
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #10901 on: April 24, 2024, 02:04:09 pm »
When I watched that video pretty much the minute it came out, I went from utter shock to complete understanding and acceptance within about 30 seconds of him speaking. I’m glad for him if anything.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #10902 on: April 24, 2024, 02:05:59 pm »
That was a frank interview. His energy is clearly gone. The crowd now needs to take up the slack. They need to be his lungs - more than ever.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10903 on: April 24, 2024, 02:08:53 pm »
Where is that interview from?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10904 on: April 24, 2024, 02:21:31 pm »
The crowd now needs to take up the slack. They need to be his lungs - more than ever.
So well expressed. (No surprise as it's Yorky).

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #10905 on: April 24, 2024, 02:25:14 pm »
That was a frank interview. His energy is clearly gone. The crowd now needs to take up the slack. They need to be his lungs - more than ever.

You could tell as he's not been his usual energetic self on the touchline mostly he appears to be sitting down.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10906 on: April 24, 2024, 02:30:25 pm »
Obvious why we want a younger manager, must take incredible energy every day of the week, you don't get a day off do you.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10907 on: April 24, 2024, 02:48:00 pm »
He’s exhausted and he’s approaching his 57th birthday.

I just can’t see him taking on a full on club manager role coming to his 60s.

Possibly the German national team after the next World Cup? But he’s a guy who enjoys the day to day, so think this is the end of his managerial career.

He can enjoy himself now.

He really deserves it. I hope we see him back at Anfield as a fan, though he seems to stay away from previous clubs

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #10908 on: April 24, 2024, 02:51:35 pm »
He’s exhausted and he’s approaching his 57th birthday.

I just can’t see him taking on a full on club manager role coming to his 60s.

Possibly the German national team after the next World Cup? But he’s a guy who enjoys the day to day, so think this is the end of his managerial career.

He can enjoy himself now.

He really deserves it. I hope we see him back at Anfield as a fan, though he seems to stay away from previous clubs

Well, he’s been at Liverpool through most footy seasons for 9 years  :P

But he goes back to Mainz - he was seen at a match during the short break between BVB and Liverpool, and has gone back there more than once for testimonial games (he’s been back at BVB for at least 1 testimonial too).
I’d expect he’ll be seen at a Mainz 05 game next season, as that area of Germany is where the Klopp’s live.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2024, 02:53:17 pm by Dim Glas »

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10909 on: April 24, 2024, 03:10:45 pm »
Kloppo will definitely come back if he stays retired or becomes German national coach. He won't be back for a while if he takes on a club job though.

He will come back for the statue unveiling though.  :P

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10910 on: April 24, 2024, 03:26:16 pm »
he actually looks like he is! Not been as active on the sidelines from what I’ve seen in recent games. Looks like a man who’s ready to go chill-out at home with his grandson and the rest of the Kloppo clan.

He’s always been a give it all type of coach, and he’s always said that if he can’t give it all he can't do the job. And he’d never go on like those managers who can’t walk away like Wenger, Hodgson and Ferguson.

23 years of that type of coaching and managing is going to take it’s toll. 

Honestly not sure if it’ll work out that way this time. But I agree that he isn’t done with football and will coach again. But at BVB he always said he wanted to go coach in the PL. But he’s done it now, he’s never really shown an interest in going to coach in countries where he can’t speak the language.

His comments in the presser for Everton were interesting, he basically said he will be managing a club in europe again 100%; "I had my last European game last week [against Atalanta]. Yes we didn’t go through and you can make a big story of it being my last game but I just tried to figure out how I felt, and it was nothing. It’s not like I felt I would never have a European game again. If that would be the case, then I wouldn’t stop it.

I get what you are saying but I guess it just depends how long a break he wants, an for someone that is basically institutionalised in some way at this stage I think it will be hard for him to keep away from the obsession for too long, which is why I reckon a year max. Main thing though as you mention is where, Klopp's usual style leaves him few options. Could he try another German club maybe? Bar Bayern of course.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10911 on: April 24, 2024, 03:27:30 pm »
His comments in the presser for Everton were interesting, he basically said he will be managing a club in europe again 100%; "I had my last European game last week [against Atalanta]. Yes we didn’t go through and you can make a big story of it being my last game but I just tried to figure out how I felt, and it was nothing. It’s not like I felt I would never have a European game again. If that would be the case, then I wouldn’t stop it.

I get what you are saying but I guess it just depends how long a break he wants, an for someone that is basically institutionalised in some way at this stage I think it will be hard for him to keep away from the obsession for too long, which is why I reckon a year max. Main thing though as you mention is where, Klopp's usual style leaves him few options. Could he try another German club maybe? Bar Bayern of course.

That's a wild misinterpretation of what he said.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10912 on: April 24, 2024, 03:33:35 pm »
That's a wild misinterpretation of what he said.

That is literally the quote from the Guardian, maybe ask them before accusing me  :)

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2024/apr/23/jurgen-klopp-liverpool-everton-football-merseyside-derby

5th paragraph down fyi.

Offline stewy17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10913 on: April 24, 2024, 03:35:52 pm »
I didn't say you were talking shit, I said it's misinterpreted. Did you watch it?

He was clearly alluding to the fact that he wasn't really that arsed about it being his last european game, and isn't really that arsed about his last trip to Goodison and was saying if he was arsed about it then he wouldn't be leaving.

He was not insinuating that he'll be back managing in european football.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10914 on: April 24, 2024, 03:38:15 pm »
Is it really me who thinks we shopuld e working on getting him back, obviously you cant say that to Arne, but I dont want to make the same mistake we made in '91

As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10915 on: April 24, 2024, 03:49:22 pm »
Is it really me who thinks we shopuld e working on getting him back, obviously you cant say that to Arne, but I dont want to make the same mistake we made in '91

Different era now, managers are starting out in their mid 30s. Look at Alonso, Amorim, Arteta etc. this is the new era, younger full of energy. I can’t imagine Klopp would want to be doing all that is needed at the age of 58/59.

Online Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10916 on: April 24, 2024, 03:52:09 pm »
Different era now, managers are starting out in their mid 30s. Look at Alonso, Amorim, Arteta etc. this is the new era, younger full of energy. I can’t imagine Klopp would want to be doing all that is needed at the age of 58/59.

But the post on here said Klopp thinks he will be back managing at club level.

Offline Andy82lfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10917 on: April 24, 2024, 03:57:49 pm »
I didn't say you were talking shit, I said it's misinterpreted. Did you watch it?

He was clearly alluding to the fact that he wasn't really that arsed about it being his last european game, and isn't really that arsed about his last trip to Goodison and was saying if he was arsed about it then he wouldn't be leaving.

He was not insinuating that he'll be back managing in european football.

No I didn't see it that way. He said he wasn't arsed because he knows it won't be his last ever. Pretty clear to me.

Offline Caps4444

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10918 on: April 24, 2024, 03:57:51 pm »
But the post on here said Klopp thinks he will be back managing at club level.

I personally would be surprised.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #10919 on: April 24, 2024, 04:01:04 pm »
Could he try another German club maybe? Bar Bayern of course.

I wouldn't completely rule him out of going to Bayern next summer to be honest. It might not seem his style, but Klopp deserves more trophies on his record. I don't think anyone would begrudge him going there to pick up a few easy titles and a decent shot at another CL.