Author Topic: Man City - cheating bastards rumbled  (Read 2793143 times)

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fernandinho will be back won’t he?

Banned for the fa cup game surely?
It is a three match ban, surely?
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
It is a three match ban, surely?
Don’t think so.  That’s for violent conduct usually isn’t it?

The fa seems to say it’s a one game ban here.

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/cfa/berks-bucksfa/files/discipline/fa-discipline-regulations/yellow-and-red-card-offence-codes.ashx
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
They’ll spend like crazy in the next window. FFP has been temporarily relaxed because of covid. They’ll use that to their advantage.

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
Ours but isn't it 2 games for unsportsmanlike cuntish behaviour ?

Should be an indefinite ban given the amount of cuntish behavior he has racked up in the last couple of seasons.  Anyway a gaping hole in an area that is already porous as fuck.  Bring it on next week.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan

http://www.thefa.com/-/media/cfa/berks-bucksfa/files/discipline/fa-discipline-regulations/yellow-and-red-card-offence-codes.ashx

It'll be a one match ban.

I thought they changed the rules about suspensions whereby you're only suspended for the competition you actually get sent off in, and Fantasy Premier League says he's suspended until 5th July, which is after our game.

I still have no ida though ;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Not a clue

Thought yellow totting up was same tournament and reds were instant

To be fair if he plays at CB it’s good news

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
They’ll spend like crazy in the next window. FFP has been temporarily relaxed because of covid. They’ll use that to their advantage.
They haven’t been relaxed,

The basic requirements are the same.

It’s just a change to the reporting period.

Lots of ifs coming here....

IF the punishment is upheld they have to pay a €25m euro fine.

IF the ban is upheld they lose two years of CL money... say €120m

IF the ban is upheld they will doubtless have sponsorship penalties say €20m

So, that would be €165m down the Swann before we even start looking at the likely €100m cost of coronavirus.

So the future for city could be very very bleak in the short term..

I’m sure the ban won’t stay as it is though.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 10:04:11 pm by Tepid T₂O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
'Guardiola congratulates Liverpool on being crowned Premier League champions':-

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9aCNyql2Ebk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9aCNyql2Ebk</a>

Can't even bear to watch it. I saw a press conference from Thursday night where he was congratulating Liverpool with forked tongue: saying City how they lost many points early in the season because they had "many important decisions go against them while Liverpool did not", and how they won 8 out of the 10 major trophies available over the previous 2 years. When I think of how Klopp and our players wholeheartedly congratulated them from the get-go last year and said what a fantastic team they were, and they deserved to win the title. Not once did I hear any of ours complain about decisions going against us or for them (Like the Kompany red card that never was, and the penalties we should have got which we didn't, which would have pushed us over the line). Not once did I hear any of our players or the manager implicitly or explicitly blame the officiating for the fact we lost the title.

So fuck Pep. He is wholly terrible working for those human rights abusers anyway. And an ungracious loser to boot.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 10:02:52 pm by Morgana »

Offline Lofty Ambitions

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Denies the opposing team a goal by handling the ball: 1 match ban. JFC >:(
The Boy from Brazil!
Redeem us in your stone arms
Float like Papillon
Transfer Haiku by Bud P Austin

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
Denies the opposing team a goal by handling the ball: 1 match ban. JFC >:(

I thought the bans were competition specific nowadays?

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
In the canteen, the ladies serve the boys tea out of them.

Makes sense. But what do we do with all the other ones.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Can't even bear to watch it. I saw a press conference from Thursday night where he was congratulating Liverpool with forked tongue: saying City how they lost many points early in the season because they had "many important decisions go against them while Liverpool did not", and how they won 8 out of the 10 major trophies available over the previous 2 years. When I think of how Klopp and our players wholeheartedly congratulated them from the get-go last year and said what a fantastic team they were, and they deserved to win the title. Not once did I hear any of ours complain about decisions going against us or for them (Like the Kompany red card that never was, and the penalties we should have got which we didn't, which would have pushed us over the line). Not once did I hear any of our players or the manager implicitly or explicitly blame the officiating for the fact we lost the title.

So fuck Pep. He is wholly terrible working for those human rights abusers anyway. And an ungracious loser to boot.

Can you link to that press conference please because the one you’re quoting hasn’t mentioned any decisions against them etc and isn’t bitter in the slightest
Believer

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
FOOTBALL | JAMES GHEERBRANT
Time to stamp out tactical fouls as ‘anarchy’ becomes part of the big clubs’ system

Friday June 26 2020, 5.00pm BST, The Times

I once watched a documentary about Riverdance in which the dancers immersed their battered feet in buckets of iced aloe water, emitting guttural moans of relief as they did so. I’m not sure what emollient Jack Grealish favours, but I like to imagine he dunked his shins in a vat of it after Aston Villa’s defeat by Chelsea on Sunday.

By the time N’golo Kanté fouled him in the 90th minute, Grealish had absorbed nine fouls, taking to 144 the number of times he has been buffeted by illegal challenges this season. Grealish is a skilful, quick-footed player who will always draw the odd mistimed tackle, but what happened at Villa Park was more concerted: he was fouled once for every four touches that he took. Usually, Grealish pulls the strings; Chelsea turned him into a percussion instrument.

What Grealish had to withstand is known as tactical fouling: challenges made with the intention of stopping the attacker and scant regard to actually winning the ball. And what’s interesting about tactical fouling is that it is basically an accepted part of the game.

In January, Álvaro Morata was running clear, about to give Atletico Madrid a deserved lead in the Spanish Super Cup final, when he was cleaned out from behind by Federico Valverde. You might have expected the Atletico manager to be outraged, but Diego Simeone could scarcely conceal his admiration. “I told Valverde that he did what he had to,” he said. “The [man of the match] award makes sense because he won the game.”

Why is tactical fouling not regarded as a scourge in the same way that, say, diving is? Perhaps because it is such an intrinsic part of the game that it goes almost unnoticed. There is a more interesting philosophical reason though.

As a sport, football is particularly good at satisfying the anarchic streak in all of us. For the most part, we want to see deserved outcomes that make sense — good teams fairly overcoming weaker teams — but not quite all the time. Occasionally, we crave the piquant thrill of outcomes that defy karma: lesser teams winning, or nefarious acts paying off handsomely.

Most sports take a much harder line on fouling as a calculated tactic: in basketball or rugby, fouls are punished by a free shot at points; in American football by a chunk of yardage. Like it not, one thing that makes football uniquely compelling is that it encompasses, and sometimes rewards, a gamut of strategic philosophies, including extreme cynicism.

Nobody represents this better than Simeone, whose Atletico team have been one of the leading purveyors of legitimised skulduggery, using this approach to overcome more vaunted sides. Atletico’s success has been an example of tactical fouling as a great leveller, a way for less skilled teams to bring superior teams down to their level.

You might not have enjoyed watching Atletico over 90 minutes, nor José Mourinho’s Inter Milan or Bert van Marwijk’s Holland, but you’d be hard pushed to deny that their presence in major finals has made football a more diverse, interesting sport. At a time when the deck has never been more loaded in favour of the bigger, better teams, the rugged tactics of Simeone and Co have been a force for the resistance. Cholismo, the name given to Atletico’s philosophy after Simeone’s nickname, Cholo, has even entered the Spanish language as a word with much wider connotations of rebellion and anti-elitism.

Perhaps that is why, for so long, tactical fouling has been tolerated: to preserve football’s anarchic edge. But that logic no longer holds. The dynamic has shifted. Valverde, the player who fouled Morata, was wearing the white shirt of Real Madrid. Grealish was playing for a team in the relegation zone against a denizen of the Champions League. And if you take a closer look at this season’s statistics, a very striking pattern emerges.

By adjusting the Premier League table of fouls committed for the amount of possession a team has (because after all, you can only foul when you don’t have the ball), we get a much more sophisticated picture of how prone to fouling teams are in the defensive phase. The team who commit the most fouls per minute out of possession are Manchester City, by a distance, with 0.32. Second are Chelsea, with 0.28. Manchester United, Leicester and Arsenal round out the top five.

In other words, tactical fouling is just another thing that the big teams do better and more systematically than anyone else. Like crossing, an aspect of the game more associated with unsophisticated football played by second-class teams has been weaponised and honed by the elite.

Conversely, the most fouled players in the league are not Raheem Sterling and Sadio Mané, but Grealish and Wilfried Zaha: players who are the principal creative threat on smaller teams; who can be targeted with a view to nullifying their entire attack. Of the 11 players fouled 50 or more times this season, seven play for teams tenth or lower in the table. Only one (James Maddison) plays for a team occupying the Champions League places.

A part of the game that once held the football ecosystem in balance now widens the sport’s inequalities. A rule change feels urgent. On Sunday, Kanté was the only player booked for Chelsea’s demolition job on Grealish; the disincentive for teams to engage in targeted fouling is too small.

Lowering the yellow-card threshold for persistent fouling of a single player, as suggested by my colleague Matthew Syed, would be a start; a more radical suggestion would be an automatic red for any foul where no attempt is made to play the ball. Cracking down on tactical fouling would not only result in a cleaner spectacle, but also a more equitable sport.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Morgana

• Legacy Fan
  • Sanity is overrated.
Can you link to that press conference please because the one you’re quoting hasn’t mentioned any decisions against them etc and isn’t bitter in the slightest

The clip I was referring to was shown very briefly on Sky Sports yesterday. Perhaps the way they edited it made it sound like he was being complementary to us but humble-bragging at the same time. I was annoyed about his "eight out of ten" trophies comments. Not sure is this press conference is where they took the clip from, but it could be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcOIhmGrtuM

Round the 3:33 mark he mentions that City dropped many points at the beginning of the season "unfairly" but Liverpool didn't drop points... Yes, we dropped very few points but things could haven gone badly for us too if we didn't show a lot of mental toughness after the Old Trafford result last autumn. An assault on Origi and Atkinson turns a blind eye and lets them score. And both the ref and VAR denied Sadio a goal that should have stood. Don't even get me started on the "armpit" offsides called on Firmino. Decisions have gone against us too, not just City. We kept winning because of sheer dogged will and a refusal to give up in games.

Maybe I'm being a bit hard on Pep. I just don't want to hear any excuses from a man who inherited Kompany, Aguero, Silva, etc., won a bunch of trophies with them, then spent half a billion pounds without any major transfer sales to balance the books, and still has a bench that could qualify for the CL if not win a cup. Quite a few "unfair" things happened in the 2018-19 season that denied us the title by ONE POINT, but I've never heard Klopp mention them. Instead, he talked about Kompany's goal versus Leicester like it was just fate, a beautiful thing, and he congratulated City without making excuses.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
This is exactly right, and for this reason I'm endlessly baffled at City constantly getting referred to by fans and media (even Neil Atkinson did it after the game) as being "well-run".

They've barely signed a good player since 2015 and still hugely rely on players signed more than 5 years ago: Aguero, Silva, Sterling, DeBruyne, Fernandinho. Last season they had Kompany holding the defence together on his last legs.

Bernardo is possibly the only unqualified transfer success in recent years. The goalkeeper is great with the ball at his feet, but still loves a clanger and Sane and Laporte are good players, but crocks. Even these signings have cost massive amounts of money too, and have really been more a question of being able to outbid other clubs, rather than any kind of clever scouting. Otherwise they've basically spunked frightening amounts of money on garbage full backs, garbage centre backs and Rodri.

Yet still the "well-run" narrative refuses to die.

I had a slight rant about their ‘amazing squad’ after the Burnley game

It really, really isn’t that special. I’d say we’ve got better depth all over pitch. Apart from full back, and frankly their full backs are so shit that I’d still easily prefer ours. And in attack, and same thing there. They’ve got a lot of expensive attackers but still only two ‘lightening’ wingers in Sterling and Sane, and we’ve seen this season what happens when one of them is out.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
Yeah it/they defo get weirdly overrated a lot. "Their b team would easily get top 4", every time they get an injury "they've got a massive squad it won't make a difference" etc etc. I find it crazy how many have already handed these the CL too. The keeper is average, the back up horrendous, their defence looks calamitous if one player is out and it looked a shambles with him the other night. Lots of good options in midfield but they do seem to struggle to get the balance right, he goes more negative often in big games with Rodri and Gundogan and they look poorer for it usually. Silva going anyway and Fernandinho now seems to have become an old, crap centre back. Up top they've missed Sane and his pace quite a bit, I wonder how many of these games they've fucked up in the second half would have gone in their favour if he was fit? And now he desperately wants out anyway. It's nice feasting on Burnley's and Watford's to boost the goal column but their beens loads of games they've looked out of ideas.

They've got quite a few issues actually and need to solve most of them if they want to get anywhere near us next season, that should be extremely difficult to do with no CL money but we'll see what happens.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
They need to get 19 points from the 21 available to get to the total we had before lockdown.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Kekule

• Not fussy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It'll be a one match ban.

I thought they changed the rules about suspensions whereby you're only suspended for the competition you actually get sent off in, and Fantasy Premier League says he's suspended until 5th July, which is after our game.

I still have no ida though ;D

It’s his 2nd red card of the season though isn’t it? You get an extra game suspension for every subsequent red card. So he’ll have a two game suspension, and will miss the game against us regardless of whether he’s suspended for the Newcastle game or not.

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
The clip I was referring to was shown very briefly on Sky Sports yesterday. Perhaps the way they edited it made it sound like he was being complementary to us but humble-bragging at the same time. I was annoyed about his "eight out of ten" trophies comments. Not sure is this press conference is where they took the clip from, but it could be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcOIhmGrtuM

Round the 3:33 mark he mentions that City dropped many points at the beginning of the season "unfairly" but Liverpool didn't drop points... Yes, we dropped very few points but things could haven gone badly for us too if we didn't show a lot of mental toughness after the Old Trafford result last autumn. An assault on Origi and Atkinson turns a blind eye and lets them score. And both the ref and VAR denied Sadio a goal that should have stood. Don't even get me started on the "armpit" offsides called on Firmino. Decisions have gone against us too, not just City. We kept winning because of sheer dogged will and a refusal to give up in games.

Maybe I'm being a bit hard on Pep. I just don't want to hear any excuses from a man who inherited Kompany, Aguero, Silva, etc., won a bunch of trophies with them, then spent half a billion pounds without any major transfer sales to balance the books, and still has a bench that could qualify for the CL if not win a cup. Quite a few "unfair" things happened in the 2018-19 season that denied us the title by ONE POINT, but I've never heard Klopp mention them. Instead, he talked about Kompany's goal versus Leicester like it was just fate, a beautiful thing, and he congratulated City without making excuses.

Don't think that's true. Pretty sure the handball, while accidental, was pretty clear.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
When I think of their singing about us last year, the more I savour this juicy slice of karma they're going to have to choke down.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I had forgotten about that. The fuckers had just won a title and they were singing about us.  ;D

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
Yeah. We could sing about them just being a glorified cup team, but we have too much class. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
They need to get 19 points from the 21 available to get to the total we had before lockdown.

Farce if they do, did you know they’ve changed the rules and you can have a drinks break now. Ruined.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
It’s his 2nd red card of the season though isn’t it? You get an extra game suspension for every subsequent red card. So he’ll have a two game suspension, and will miss the game against us regardless of whether he’s suspended for the Newcastle game or not.

Ah right, didn't know that was his second red card, makes sense, thanks.

Despite all their 'depth' and Laporte being available, they weirdly played him at centre back again. Stones replacing him on Thursday has the potential to be very amusing.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
Glad to see Aguero out, as he seems to score everytime we play that shite at their freebie council stadium.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
Glad to see Aguero out, as he seems to score everytime we play that shite at their freebie council stadium.

So that means we can safely give Lovren a game? :D

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
Fouladinho has a two match suspension and is suspended until their July 5th match v Soton.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline plura

• Bear with me
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Pep is a very small-minded man. Very much in the Mourinho camp of let’s say not the most humble people. Jürgen is a class act through and through.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
When I think of their singing about us last year, the more I savour this juicy slice of karma they're going to have to choke down.
If there is one thing I've noticed time and again in my 57 years here, it's that karma always catches up with you in the end. It really, genuinely does. One way or another, it pays you a visit. That's one reason I always suggest people are careful what seeds the sow in life.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Fernandinho is banned for our game, 2 matches

http://www.thefa.com/football-rules-governance/discipline/suspensions

If there is one thing I've noticed time and again in my 57 years here, it's that karma always catches up with you in the end. It really, genuinely does. One way or another, it pays you a visit. That's one reason I always suggest people are careful what seeds the sow in life.

Karma's a bitch ;D
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline newterp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Known as FernaHANDinho from henceforth.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
FIFA president congratulating us on winning the title  ;D the fume will go into overdrive!

Offline Romford_Red

• Legacy Fan
FIFA president congratulating us on winning the title  ;D the fume will go into overdrive!

I don't think we need any more evidence than that that the football authorities did everything they could to ensure Liverpool win things #tainted.

Offline Gaz75

• Kopite
I don't think we need any more evidence than that that the football authorities did everything they could to ensure Liverpool win things #tainted.
yes, that's confirmed it  ;D ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
He wrote it to John W Henry.  Your brown envelope is on it's way Gianni. ;D

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Amount spent by Saint Pep on their defence:

Bravo was 17 million
Danilo was 26 million
Ederson was 35 million
Walker was 45-50 million
Stones was 47 million
Mendy was 52 million
Laporte was 57 million
Cancelo was 60 million

The bald fraud

He's a genius though 🙄
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It's mad how much money Pip has had to spend, yet last season it was Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva and Aguero who dragged them over the line. All players he inherited, all now either left/leaving or past their best with the exception of Aguero who is still a great player if a little injury prone.
I can't remember who he signed at Barca and Bayern, or how successful those signings were, but I don't think he's capable of building anything and can see him being at Juve or PSG in 12 months.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
It's mad how much money Pip has had to spend, yet last season it was Kompany, Fernandinho, Silva and Aguero who dragged them over the line. All players he inherited, all now either left/leaving or past their best with the exception of Aguero who is still a great player if a little injury prone.
I can't remember who he signed at Barca and Bayern, or how successful those signings were, but I don't think he's capable of building anything and can see him being at Juve or PSG in 12 months.

At Bayern of course the signings where not just his decision alone, although he was very much part of the process, he’d wanted Neymar there, but they bought Götze instead who Guardiola didn’t want.

They also bought Thiago Alcantara, and Joshua Kimmich, so they where big hits. Also Lewandowski of course.

Otherwise it was a bit hit and miss - Benatia, Bernat, Vidal, Costa, Alonso, Coman...

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
At Bayern of course the signings where not just his decision alone, although he was very much part of the process, he’d wanted Neymar there, but they bought Götze instead who Guardiola didn’t want.

They also bought Thiago Alcantara, and Joshua Kimmich, so they where big hits. Also Lewandowski of course.

Otherwise it was a bit hit and miss - Benatia, Bernat, Vidal, Costa, Alonso, Coman...

;D

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
In private Eye again.
Click for huge!