Author Topic: Babel: I'm not finished here  (Read 149680 times)

Offline otottottffn

• Main Stander
Re: Babel: I'm not finished here
« Reply #1920 on: January 10, 2011, 11:40:46 pm »
I want that job.  Sitting in the FA offices every day doing nothing but monitoring footballer's tweets, checking for anything non-PC.  In fact it could be a good job creation scheme with these other cut-backs.  I am sure after all they will be monitoring all tweets of players throughout the leagues, not just picking on Liverpool.
Rush scored one, Rush scored two, Rush scored three and Rush scored four.

Offline Rohit

• nol
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1921 on: January 10, 2011, 11:50:28 pm »
What a joke, hopefully this will highlight webbs next mistake even more and show him for a corrupt or shite referee that he is.

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #1922 on: January 10, 2011, 11:52:48 pm »
Babel is being used as scapegoat of by the FA.

End of.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 12:00:22 am by Mad Men »
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline Luke 17

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1923 on: January 11, 2011, 12:10:40 am »
i actually hope babel gets a good run of games, i think he has the potential if he bucks up his ideas, the worst bit is how good he looks when he was at ajax compared to now! but he has one lethal shot on him.

Offline JWAlonso

• Kopite
« Reply #1924 on: January 11, 2011, 12:12:14 am »
Babel is being used as scapegoat of by the FA.

End of.

To right. Anything getting done to Walcott to admitting to diving?
"At The End Of The Storm, There Is A Golden Sky"

Offline crasher1in

• Kopite
  • he who hesitates, masturbates
« Reply #1925 on: January 11, 2011, 12:14:17 am »

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1926 on: January 11, 2011, 07:03:43 am »
So Babel has been charged then. What a friggin joke, seeing as though 'Englands' Theo Walcott has got away with openly admitting he dived (see cheating). Nice to see Kenny getting behind him though like a proper manager should!

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/01/11/SOCCER_Liverpool_Babel.html

Offline NineTails20

• Solomon's "Mrs Robinson".
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1927 on: January 11, 2011, 07:39:13 am »
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has leapt to the defence of forward Ryan Babel after he was charged with improper behaviour by the Football Association.

The Holland international was hit with disciplinary action after posting a picture and comments about referee Howard Webb on Twitter after Sunday’s FA Cup defeat at Manchester United.

He sent out a mocked-up picture of the World Cup final referee wearing a Manchester United shirt and also wrote: “And they call him one of the best referees? That’s a joke. SMH (shaking my head).”

Dalglish felt Babel was just sharing a joke which quickly swept the internet after the game and it was not the player’s deliberate intention to accuse Webb of bias.

“I think it is only a bit of fun,” said the 59-year-old Scot, who is the only Barclays Premier League manager who currently has his own Twitter account.

“Maybe I’ve been out of the game too long but let’s see if they can find a sense of humour,” he said.

“He apologised straight away.”

And Dalglish joked: “I don’t think he’s clever enough technically to have drawn that up himself.”

Soon after his original postings Babel apologised and put forward an explanation.

“My apology if they take my posted pic seriously. This is just an emotional reaction after losing an important game,” said the 24-year-old. “Sorry Howard Webb.”

Babel has until 4pm on Thursday to respond to the charge.

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/sport/dalglish-stands-by-babel-488815.html#ixzz1Ai5nwG7A
From his stupid, ugly, pug-faced, smarmy, poncing, play-acting, Oh-look-at-me greasy hair to his crybaby, stupid, cheating, dirty antics he can fuck off the horrible little poodle faced gazumpadum.

Offline Festy

• Kopite
  • Best RAWK poster of the year 2010-11
« Reply #1928 on: January 11, 2011, 07:49:43 am »
i actually hope babel gets a good run of games, i think he has the potential if he bucks up his ideas, the worst bit is how good he looks when he was at ajax compared to now! but he has one lethal shot on him.

Twitter wasn't invented back then.  ;D

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #1929 on: January 11, 2011, 07:58:15 am »
The media focus on Howie has started, maybe Babel's twitter post played its part:)

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8750_6648615,00.html
Howard Webb`s Last Ten Trips To OT
Posted 10/01/11 10:59
EmailPrintSave

'What is it about Howard Webb and Old Trafford' asked the front-page blurb of F365 after Sunday's rather controversial FA Cup clash. Well now you can judge for yourself with our guide to his last ten matches at OT...

Man United 1 Man City 2, February 10, 2008
City's victory is more comfortable than the scoreline suggests - United score their goal in injury-time - and Webb enjoys a relatively easy day at the office. The game marks the last time that United fail to win a game at Old Trafford officiated by the Yorkshireman.

Man 2 United Arsenal 1, April 19, 2008
There is little argument from the Arsenal players - five of whom are booked during the 90 minutes - when William Gallas handles in the area and Webb awards a penalty that sees Cristiano Ronaldo equalise from the spot. Ten minutes later, Owen Hargreaves - remember him? - scores United's winner direct from a free-kick.

"You could give or not give the penalty. For the free-kick, Gilberto did not touch him," complains Arsene Wenger.

Man United 3 Chelsea 0, January 11, 2009
Less than 48 hours after Rafa Benitez advises Luiz Felipe Scolari to "man-mark" Ferguson and his coaching staff at half-time so that the referee is protected from interference, Webb cautions four Chelsea players within half an hour before a Nemanja Vidic header on the stroke of half-time sets United on their way to an emphatic victory.

Just moments before the Vidic goal, Webb had ruled out a Wayne Rooney 'goal' after United had taken a short corner that went unnoticed by most spectators inside Old Trafford.

Man United 2 Blackburn 1, February 21, 2009
Webb disallows a Jonny Evans header and cautions Cristiano Ronaldo for diving shortly before the forward scores the game's winning goal. Rovers complain afterwards that Ronaldo should have also been booked for flicking out - it hardly amounts to a kick - at David Dunn but the game's most controversial moment occurs in the final seconds when a clear shirt-pull inside the area by Rafael on Morten Gamst Pedersen goes unpunished.

"It would have to be pretty blatant to get a penalty at Old Trafford. We all know that," rages an angry Sam Allardyce. "You'd have to ask Howard Webb if Ronaldo should have been on the pitch. Those things come and go when you're playing at Old Trafford, don't they?"

Man United 5 Tottenham 2, April 24, 2009
In the words of the Daily Telegraph, 'it could have been the decision that secured United the championship'. United are trailing 2-0 with barely half an hour left to play when Webb - 'who was almost 35 yards away, and behind play' - awards a penalty when Heurelho Gomes tangles with Michael Carrick. Replays clearly show the goalkeeper took ball before man. "The players can't believe it," says Harry Redknapp. "It changed the game." Momentum shifted, Spurs collapse and United never looked back.

"I think it was a case of a referee crumbling under the pressure at Old Trafford really," complains Jermaine Jenas. "The atmosphere, the occasion, the importance of the match, a lot of factors take their toll when making decisions. One thing which struck me about it was that he didn't even think. It was like he'd already made his mind up when he came out for the second half that he was going to give something. It was a very important moment in the season."

Man United 3 Man City 1, January 27, 2010
Webb makes his first return to Old Trafford since the Gomes controversy for the second-leg Carling Cup semi-final. United eventually progress to Wembley courtesy of an injury-time aggregate winner from Wayne Rooney, but the outcome could have been very different had Rio Ferdinand justifiably received his marching orders after 24 minutes of play after a clash with Carlos Tevez.

In the words of the BBC match report, 'Ferdinand was fortunate to escape punishment from referee Howard Webb when he caught the Argentine in the face with a swinging arm as they tussled for possession.'

Man United 2 Liverpool 1, March 21, 2010
Mr. Ferguson and Rafa Benitez clash on the touchline after Webb awards the home side a controversial 19th-minute penalty that enables the champions to draw level after Fernando Torres' early opener.

With replays also showing that the initial contact between Javier Mascherano and Antonio Valencia occurred outside of the box, Benitez accuses the United player of diving to win the penalty. Ferguson responds by applauding Webb's decision and arguing Mascherano should have been dismissed. "Refs are professional but we know about the influence of Sir Alex in everything," counters Benitez.

Man United 3 Liverpool 2, September 19, 2010
Though Liverpool claw their way back into the match through two disputed decisions, neither call is made by Webb. "They didn't offer anything and depended on decisions from the linesman to get back in the game," notes Sir Alex. With Darren Cann flagging for both infringements, and replays offering no evidence that Webb would have awarded either the free-kick or the penalty from which Steven Gerrard scores, the referee's big decision of the day is whether or not to dismiss last man John O'Shea for pulling back Fernando Torres.

As F365 argued at the time: 'The decision was taken quickly and apparently made without any consultation between Webb and Darren Cann, his long-time assistant whose flag-waving prompted the award of a free-kick. Ref365 argues in support of Webb on the basis that replays 'suggest' Torres would not have reached the ball. Denied the use of a replay, it must have been a 50-50 call from the officials and it's certainly debatable whether a defender making such a cynical foul in the full knowledge that he was the last man deserved the benefit of any doubt.'

Man United 1 Arsenal 0, December 13, 2010
Cann is not on duty and it is Webb's new assistant Dave Bryan who awards United a second-half penalty for a non-existent handball by Gael Clichy. Webb rubber-stamps the award and justice - or something close to it - is only served when Rooney blazes over the ball.

Four of the visitors are cautioned over the course of the game, while Rio Ferdinand escapes punishment for a hip-high, studs-up challenge on Bacary Sagna and Darren Fletcher isn't even cautioned for chasing after Webb before pushing the official.

Man United 1 Liverpool 0, January 9, 2011
In sharp contrast to events six months previously, it is Webb, from a distance of around 25 yards, who awards United their match-winning penalty for an alleged offence that occurs on almost exactly the same part of the pitch that saw Cann award Liverpool their penalty at Old Trafford in September. Replays indicate that Berbatov falls to the ground in an exaggerated fashion and show that Webb linesman did not signal that any foul took place. "The penalty is a joke," says new Pool boss Kenny Dalglish.

The Scot is further aggrieved by Webb's decision to dismiss Steven Gerrard but there is little sympathy for the Liverpool captain after his reckless lunge.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #1930 on: January 11, 2011, 08:01:57 am »
What the hell is this? Charging a player for airing his PERSONAL views on the fucking Internet in jest while fergiscum gets away with bloody murde. What next screen his bloody text messages?

Fuck off. It makes me sick.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 08:04:39 am by MassDriver »
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Online spider-neil

• Can watch 30 games in a day. He's not Spidey - he's Sway!
  • Legacy Fan
  • does whatever a spider can, spins a web any size
« Reply #1931 on: January 11, 2011, 08:13:26 am »
player posts a mock picture of a ref in rival shirt - charged!

player admits to diving - nothing!

nice to see the FA has their priorities straight

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #1932 on: January 11, 2011, 08:14:16 am »
player posts a mock picture of a ref in rival shirt - charged!

player admits to diving - nothing!

nice to see the FA has their priorities straight

Ryan should tweet that.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #1933 on: January 11, 2011, 08:32:47 am »
Hopefully this will mean Webb gets closer scrutiny in the future.  Not saying he favours the mancs but he is a poor ref.

Babel has taken one for the greater good. 

I'd suggest we get right behind him.  I am liking him more and more.

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #1934 on: January 11, 2011, 08:33:18 am »
Liverpool manager Kenny Dalglish has leapt to the defence of forward Ryan Babel after he was charged with improper behaviour by the Football Association.

The Holland international was hit with disciplinary action after posting a picture and comments about referee Howard Webb on Twitter after Sundays FA Cup defeat at Manchester United.

He sent out a mocked-up picture of the World Cup final referee wearing a Manchester United shirt and also wrote: And they call him one of the best referees? Thats a joke. SMH (shaking my head).

Dalglish felt Babel was just sharing a joke which quickly swept the internet after the game and it was not the players deliberate intention to accuse Webb of bias.

I think it is only a bit of fun, said the 59-year-old Scot, who is the only Barclays Premier League manager who currently has his own Twitter account.

Maybe Ive been out of the game too long but lets see if they can find a sense of humour, he said.

He apologised straight away.

And Dalglish joked: I dont think hes clever enough technically to have drawn that up himself.

Soon after his original postings Babel apologised and put forward an explanation.

My apology if they take my posted pic seriously. This is just an emotional reaction after losing an important game, said the 24-year-old. Sorry Howard Webb.

Babel has until 4pm on Thursday to respond to the charge.

Read more: http://breakingnews.ie/sport/dalglish-stands-by-babel-488815.html#ixzz1Ai5nwG7A

Kenny is a smart man
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
  • Arts pics like ass in the morning
« Reply #1935 on: January 11, 2011, 08:35:03 am »
Vill inte vara besserwisser, but It's the same in Swedish as in English =)

An ombudsman (conventional English plural: ombudsmen) is a person who acts as a trusted intermediary between an organization and some internal or external constituency while representing not only but mostly the broad scope of constituent interests. An indigenous Danish, Norwegian, and Swedish term, Ombudsman is etymologically rooted in the Old Norse word umbuðsmann, essentially meaning "representative".

Did not know that, obviously. RAWK - Centre of education since 2011
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Crowd: Spaniard, Spaniard, Spaniard...

Offline bradigor

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Henrik Zetterpig
    • Pucks Across The Pond
  • Super Title: Loves Ron Dennis
« Reply #1936 on: January 11, 2011, 08:45:21 am »
Ryan should tweet that.

He'd get a lifetime ban for daring to suggest a fellow player would dive ;)

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #1937 on: January 11, 2011, 08:54:38 am »

RAWK needs new category called "lets learn swedish"
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1938 on: January 11, 2011, 08:56:45 am »
Tommy Smith after Inter Milan's 3-0 win over Liverpool with controversial decisions going the Italians way all throughout the game:

"The referee was a disgrace. He should be shot."

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #1939 on: January 11, 2011, 09:04:49 am »
Does anybody else remember taggart and his mate (Portugese assistant) calling the referee a cheat after a game at Old Trafford, Both were charged by the FA but nothing ever came of it.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1940 on: January 11, 2011, 09:08:12 am »
Does anybody else remember taggart and his mate (Portugese assistant) calling the referee a cheat after a game at Old Trafford, Both were charged by the FA but nothing ever came of it.

Do you mean the one where they called the ref unfit or something before it?

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1941 on: January 11, 2011, 09:11:16 am »

Going a little off topic now but good idea.

How about collating these "facts" and post them up somewhere for the media trolls to use.

If Babel gets a fine or ban, we can compare it against how the FA treated Mr F. when he said them?  Maureen also got a suspended ban too right?

Offline SuperMilan

• Kopite
« Reply #1942 on: January 11, 2011, 09:11:56 am »
So Babel has been charged then. What a friggin joke, seeing as though 'Englands' Theo Walcott has got away with openly admitting he dived (see cheating). Nice to see Kenny getting behind him though like a proper manager should!

http://www.sportinglife.com/football/news/story_get.cgi?STORY_NAME=soccer/11/01/11/SOCCER_Liverpool_Babel.html

Spot on what you say, getting behind him like a proper manager should!
Well in kenny.
If Everton where playing outside my house, I'de close the curtains.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1943 on: January 11, 2011, 09:12:55 am »
time for internet terrorists to bombard the FA's email?

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #1944 on: January 11, 2011, 09:28:17 am »
saw the webb in the manc shirt on the news this morning, well in babel lad get the truth out there!
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline olsen_lfc

• Anny Roader
  • Vygotskijs unwanted child
« Reply #1945 on: January 11, 2011, 09:31:23 am »

Has always been that mate
Henderson will dance and sing as Mr. Kuyt flies through the ring, donīt be late  :D

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1946 on: January 11, 2011, 09:33:46 am »

Offline todda

• Who the fuck you trying to kid....
  • Legacy Fan
  • My Team, My Club, MY Life!
« Reply #1947 on: January 11, 2011, 09:34:59 am »
class piccy and that but, really did he not stop to think before he posted it, he could've got his mate (if he has any) to do it.  He does come across as not being the brightest of footballers.
"Friend 1st, Boss 2nd,......... Enteratiner 3rd!,  If I was asked to name 3 intellegent people, I wouldn't say Einstein, Newton..... erm you know, I'd Say Cleese, Milligan, Everett................ Sessions!" David Brent.

Online carling

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1948 on: January 11, 2011, 09:40:41 am »
The media focus on Howie has started, maybe Babel's twitter post played its part:)

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8750_6648615,00.html
Howard Webb`s Last Ten Trips To OT

I'm glad this is doing the rounds.

It reminds me of a certain 'rant' that tried to point out this sort of thing.  Hopefully this time it isn't just laughed off.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1949 on: January 11, 2011, 09:45:35 am »

interesting

any idea what his record is at anfield anyone?

theres always been refs that do us at OT

i remember cantonas comeback game and david ellery robbed us of two stonewall penalties then gave united a dodgy one to get back in the game

never forgave him for it
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Mad Men

• Been there. Done that.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You never saw me. I was never here.
« Reply #1950 on: January 11, 2011, 09:46:23 am »
For everything that has been said and done, the world now knows Webb for what he truly is..a biased referee who bottles it in high pressure situations.
This is what we do. And we do it very well. Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5bM8gOyjeuc

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1951 on: January 11, 2011, 09:46:54 am »
Has always been that mate

Ive been to cool for school then :)
Rafa: Are you not entertained? Are you not entertained? Is this not why you are here?

Offline Hagbard

• Boys Pen
« Reply #1952 on: January 11, 2011, 09:47:40 am »
It's predictable that the FA have charged Babel with improper conduct. Webb is the epitome of improper conduct and has never been taken to task. The FA is a total joke and laughing stock.

Offline gollne

• clearance...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1953 on: January 11, 2011, 09:49:08 am »
RAWK needs new category called "lets learn swedish"

Ha ha, one of the mods speak swedish, he can be the teacher. I'll be his pet.

Offline olsen_lfc

• Anny Roader
  • Vygotskijs unwanted child
« Reply #1954 on: January 11, 2011, 09:57:27 am »
Ha ha, one of the mods speak swedish, he can be the teacher. I'll be his pet.

I can teach you ;)
Henderson will dance and sing as Mr. Kuyt flies through the ring, donīt be late  :D

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #1955 on: January 11, 2011, 11:00:47 am »
And Dalglish joked: “I don’t think he’s clever enough technically to have drawn that up himself.”

:lmao

class piccy and that but, really did he not stop to think before he posted it, he could've got his mate (if he has any) to do it.  He does come across as not being the brightest of footballers.

It would have been worth thinking about it first, but at the end of the day those pics were doing the rounds on the web for a gazillion years and Babel certainly wasn't the one who brought it up first. He probably just didn't believe that it would be such a big deal, because almost every football-fan knows that pic anyway...

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1956 on: January 11, 2011, 11:07:22 am »
The reason the FA are coming down on this is because Howard Webb is the poster boy for English referees.  He officiated the Champions League and World Cup finals (never mind the fact that he fucked up in the latter), and as the English national team is nothing but a let down, Webb keeps England on the world map.

Normally I'd just consider Webb a poor referee, but this has happened time and time again, and there is evidence out there to back this up.  How many 'mistakes' can one make before it becomes something more sinister ?

Although it wasn't the cleverest thing to do, I'm glad it's happened.  Babel will no doubt be made an example of and will probably receive a short ban, but it also highlights Webb and maybe people will start to dig a bit deeper.  the very least that will happen is that the FA will think twice about giving him United-Liverpool games.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1957 on: January 11, 2011, 11:09:59 am »
He surely won't get a ban for this - would be totally ridiculous. Shearer kicked Neil Lennon smack in the face and got nothing.

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1958 on: January 11, 2011, 11:13:24 am »
He surely won't get a ban for this - would be totally ridiculous. Shearer kicked Neil Lennon smack in the face and got nothing.

Personally I think he'll be made an example of.  This has questioned the FA and The Referees Association's integrity, and that's something they despise.

Offline Fuzion6

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1959 on: January 11, 2011, 11:14:31 am »
Personally I think he'll be made an example of.  This has questioned the FA and The Referees Association's integrity, and that's something they despise.
Would be a disgrace if he is banned. He has a perfect previous disciplinary record.