Author Topic: Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich  (Read 193779 times)

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
Re: Pep Guardiola at Bayern Munich
« Reply #1600 on: January 5, 2016, 03:37:39 pm »
What? Are you for real here?

Yeah. No need for it & other managers have done it with more privacy or class before.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #1601 on: January 5, 2016, 03:48:09 pm »
I just hope it's not Chelsea or Man Utd.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1602 on: January 5, 2016, 03:51:50 pm »
I just hope it's not Chelsea or Man Utd.

I very much doubt it will be.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1603 on: January 5, 2016, 03:57:59 pm »
Yeah. No need for it & other managers have done it with more privacy or class before.
You are making stuff, aren't you? Is this your smear campaign? He has been very classy that he hasn't announced his arrival or departure from Bayern, instead, Bayern bosses made the announcement. You can bet your house that he is probably asked about his future every time, and he hasn't mentioned any particular club, he hasn't even said he has offers from England. So you are full of it.

He said he wants to manage in England. Why is that being classless in your opinion?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1604 on: January 5, 2016, 03:59:16 pm »
You are making stuff, aren't you? Is this your smear campaign? He has been very classy that he hasn't announced his arrival or departure from Bayern, instead, Bayern bosses made the announcement. You can bet your house that he is probably asked about his future every time, and he hasn't mentioned any particular club, he hasn't even said he has offers from England. So you are full of it.

He said he wants to manage in England. Why is that being classless in your opinion?

Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 3h3 hours ago

Guardiola: 'I've had some offers from England but I haven't signed anything yet'

It's incredibly poor form, and Pellegrini, who is a total gentleman, doesn't deserve shit like that publicly adding more pressure to him
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1605 on: January 5, 2016, 04:04:10 pm »
Sky Sports News HQ ‏@SkySportsNewsHQ 3h3 hours ago

Guardiola: 'I've had some offers from England but I haven't signed anything yet'

It's incredibly poor form, and Pellegrini, who is a total gentleman, doesn't deserve shit like that publicly adding more pressure to him
Sorry, but he didn't identify the club, did he? He has OFFERS. Also, some of you act like this is a news for you. Very likely that Pellegrini knows the deal.

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1606 on: January 5, 2016, 04:08:03 pm »

Its not classy in the slightest. The old 'I will talk about my future at the season end' is classy & what most do. Everyone knows the club in question. Maybe one day he will be in Pellegrinis situation. Its half way through the season!

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1607 on: January 5, 2016, 04:11:59 pm »
Sorry, but he didn't identify the club, did he? He has OFFERS. Also, some of you act like this is a news for you. Very likely that Pellegrini knows the deal.

Yeah and it's not like the offers are gonna be off Burnley and Norwich is it? It just adds more pressure to the managers in question, and causes more backlash from the fans when they get bad results.

If it was Mourinho saying this rather than Guardiola, you'd be calling him a prick, let's face it.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1608 on: January 5, 2016, 04:12:06 pm »
I hope it's Chelsea. Square peg, round hole. Fits like a glove for City/Arsenal but they have managers in place. Mourinho perfectly suited to United.

Pep to City, Maureen to United, Simeone to Chelsea and Arsenal to stick with Wenger is my prediction.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1609 on: January 5, 2016, 04:12:18 pm »
Whoever he comes to. He will not walk the league. It just doesn't happen like that with new managers.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1610 on: January 5, 2016, 04:15:18 pm »
I hope it's Chelsea. Square peg, round hole. Fits like a glove for City/Arsenal but they have managers in place. Mourinho perfectly suited to United.

Pep to City, Maureen to United, Simeone to Chelsea and Arsenal to stick with Wenger is my prediction.

Potential of Klopp, Guardiola, Simeone and Mourinho in the league? Plus maybe Rafa and Pochettino.

Hard to imagine English clubs struggling in Europe for much longer

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1611 on: January 5, 2016, 04:16:16 pm »
Yeah and it's not like the offers are gonna be off Burnley and Norwich is it? It just adds more pressure to the managers in question, and causes more backlash from the fans when they get bad results.

If it was Mourinho saying this rather than Guardiola, you'd be calling him a prick, let's face it.
The latter is probably true, I call Mourinho a prick for even smaller reasons, because he has proven to be one. Guardiola isn't the same as Mourinho though, which you seemingly are trying to prove here.

Also, OK, let me concede that Guardiola was wrong to say he has offers from England. But I want to comment your "adds more pressure" statement. I look at Pellegrini and I don't think he is under ANY pressure. The man has been giving "I don't care" impression all season. Likely that before his contract was extended, he was told by the executives that they will go all in on Guardiola. That yes, his contract will be extended to prevent some potential issues in the media and in the dressing room, but he knows that.

I listen to Pellegrini even after defeats, he is so laid back ;D

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1612 on: January 5, 2016, 04:22:04 pm »
It's not too polite like, but the clubs are the ones that making the offers. It doesn't make much of a difference when the interest is so obvious anyway. May as well acknowledge it.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1613 on: January 5, 2016, 04:35:05 pm »
Will be a great addition to the league. Best manager in the world so whoever gets him will be pretty lucky.

Offline please, I have my reasons for it but...

• In the grander scheme of things, most definitely has meaning and most definitely has purpose. History Maker.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1614 on: January 5, 2016, 04:35:19 pm »
I wonder what City will do if Pelligrini wins the league or even does the impossible and win the CL.

Finished at the age of 26. The Mike Tyson of football.

Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/omar_12590

Offline Chris~

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1615 on: January 5, 2016, 04:36:45 pm »
I wonder what City will do if Pelligrini wins the league or even does the impossible and win the CL.
They'll sack him and get Guardiola.

Offline Nick110581

• Up the tricky reds
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hearts Jurgen
« Reply #1616 on: January 5, 2016, 05:07:25 pm »
Be Arsenal or City

No, jazz. You fear jazz. You fear the lack of rules, the lack of boundaries. Oh look, it's a fence. But, no, it's soft.

Offline ElCapo

• Legacy Fan
  • Bayern Munich - Mia San Mia
« Reply #1617 on: January 5, 2016, 05:09:13 pm »
Its not classy in the slightest. The old 'I will talk about my future at the season end' is classy & what most do. Everyone knows the club in question. Maybe one day he will be in Pellegrinis situation. Its half way through the season!

There's no football in Germany at the moment, so it's unavoidable that he will be asked about his future.

His answer "there are offers, but I haven't signed anything yet. If I have a new club, I'll communicate it."

What the heck is unclassy about it? 

Offline Ben_AFC

• Legacy Fan
  • It's magic you know, Two FA Cups in a row
« Reply #1618 on: January 5, 2016, 05:10:26 pm »
Think it's the wrong time for Arsenal as much as I'd love him - and it would be a great fit at City, as much as I'd not like that to happen. The potential list of managers in the league for next season is astonishing.
w w w w d d w w w d w w w d d w d w w d w w w w w w w w w d w d w d d d w w. Arsena.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1619 on: January 5, 2016, 05:11:07 pm »

Let's be honest though, if he was saying it then it wouldn't be like that - he'd fit in somewhere that every club wants him, because he is the special one, he's the best out there, blah blah.

Offline arthur sarnoff

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1620 on: January 5, 2016, 05:12:26 pm »

Same thing Bayern did before he went there, I imagine.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1621 on: January 5, 2016, 05:12:32 pm »
Think it's the wrong time for Arsenal as much as I'd love him

Interesting, any chance you'd expand on that in the Arsenal thread? Would love to know why you think it's the wrong time.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1622 on: January 5, 2016, 05:13:45 pm »
Wenger bows out with a title and Guardiola take's over in the Summer.

Whatever you think about him as a manager, and if he's had it 'easy' so far - if United, Chelsea or City get him, players will want to go there and choose them other other teams. A Guardiola run Man City team with the resource they have could dominate this bang average league for years to come.

TBF A <insert the name of any decent manager here> run Man City team with the resource they have could dominate this bang average league for years to come.

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1623 on: January 5, 2016, 05:14:05 pm »
Nothing wrong with what Guardiola said he's just being honest. I hope it completely destabilises Man city and the players down tools knowing Pellegrini is offski.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #1624 on: January 5, 2016, 05:21:51 pm »
Don't really care to be honest, as long as other teams do the right thing there'll never be the walkover he's had in Spain and Germany
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1625 on: January 5, 2016, 06:55:42 pm »
Nothing wrong with what Guardiola said he's just being honest. I hope it completely destabilises Man city and the players down tools knowing Pellegrini is offski.

It can only help your club to be honest. I don't think that'll be the last of it either. There will be more snippets coming out alluding to him taking over from Pellegrini.

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
« Reply #1626 on: January 5, 2016, 07:31:43 pm »
I think they've already downed tools to be honest. Otherwise you wouldn't be 3 points above us.  ;)

It's always going to be difficult to manage a situation like this. Where there's uncertainty, there's going to be speculation. City's attempt to avoid that was to offer Pellegrini a further year on his contract but Guardiola coming to us (and I'm reasonably confident that he is) doesn't mean that Pellegrini is leaving. He could be taking some sort of Technical Director role for the group or do something in China for us. Regardless, Bayern were the ones who annunced that Guardiola would be leaving at the end of his contract so the speculation started and will continue. But it would have done if nothing had been said.

I'm sure that Pellegrini is well aware of what's happening and has been for quite a while. The lessons of Mark Hughes, where we had decided to dispense with him at the end of the season but were talking to Hiddink & Mourinho without telling him that, have presumably been learned. In any case, he's 63 and has worked in Europe for a good few years while his family stayed in Chile. Even if he does leave the group, he'll do so with a year's salary in his pocket, which is hardly shabby.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #1627 on: January 5, 2016, 07:33:44 pm »
:lmao

Come on now, last time, when he chose to go to Bayern Munich, your complaint was that he didn't go to England because he is afraid of competition. It was Chelsea he rejected that time. This time, you are saying the opposite, that going to Chelsea is the easier job. Make up your mind.

By the way, in case you missed it, Chelsea are in deep crisis. IMO, Chelsea job is the more challenging one than the ManU job, so you are entirely wrong there, too. Not only he would get more money to spend at ManU, but there is also already a strong basis for Guardiola type football there with Schweinsteiger, Herrera, Carrick and Schneiderlin in midfield.

I don't recall saying that, but if I did, fair enough. Staying in Bayern is obviously a significantly easier job than Chelsea, but if he comes to England, City and Chelsea are clearly the two easiest jobs. The Man U job is a big one, regardless of how much they're threatening to spend.

Both Chelsea and Man City require minor surgery. If there are any troublesome characters in the dressing room, he'll bin them, and just throw money around to find a replacement(s).

Given how he turned Bayern into a borefest, compared to what Heynckes had them playing, I reckon he'd actually hinder Arsenal too.

If he goes to City or Chelsea he'll improve their quality, just by being there, because they've both been wretched this season.

Offline child-in-time

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1628 on: January 5, 2016, 07:34:59 pm »
£££££££ is all that City fans care about, therefore there's always this "£ in his pocket" point about Pellegrini. Why am I not suprised.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness.

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1629 on: January 5, 2016, 11:21:19 pm »
£££££££ is all that City fans care about, therefore there's always this "£ in his pocket" point about Pellegrini. Why am I not suprised.
And why am I not surprised that some armchair fan would come out with something like that? Maybe it's because that we want to see a decent man treated decently, instead of like shit, as so many of our managers have been in the past?  :tosser

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1630 on: January 5, 2016, 11:29:09 pm »
The latter is probably true, I call Mourinho a prick for even smaller reasons, because he has proven to be one. Guardiola isn't the same as Mourinho though, which you seemingly are trying to prove here.

Also, OK, let me concede that Guardiola was wrong to say he has offers from England. But I want to comment your "adds more pressure" statement. I look at Pellegrini and I don't think he is under ANY pressure. The man has been giving "I don't care" impression all season. Likely that before his contract was extended, he was told by the executives that they will go all in on Guardiola. That yes, his contract will be extended to prevent some potential issues in the media and in the dressing room, but he knows that.

I listen to Pellegrini even after defeats, he is so laid back ;D

After getting the bullet from Madrid with 96 points in not surprised.

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1631 on: January 5, 2016, 11:33:37 pm »

They will do what Bayern did after Heynkes won the treble, still replace him with Pep . ;D
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1632 on: January 5, 2016, 11:38:54 pm »
I think they've already downed tools to be honest. Otherwise you wouldn't be 3 points above us.  ;)

It's always going to be difficult to manage a situation like this. Where there's uncertainty, there's going to be speculation. City's attempt to avoid that was to offer Pellegrini a further year on his contract but Guardiola coming to us (and I'm reasonably confident that he is) doesn't mean that Pellegrini is leaving. He could be taking some sort of Technical Director role for the group or do something in China for us. Regardless, Bayern were the ones who annunced that Guardiola would be leaving at the end of his contract so the speculation started and will continue. But it would have done if nothing had been said.

I'm sure that Pellegrini is well aware of what's happening and has been for quite a while. The lessons of Mark Hughes, where we had decided to dispense with him at the end of the season but were talking to Hiddink & Mourinho without telling him that, have presumably been learned. In any case, he's 63 and has worked in Europe for a good few years while his family stayed in Chile. Even if he does leave the group, he'll do so with a year's salary in his pocket, which is hardly shabby.

His a class act and city were lucky to ever have him, one of the few to act with dignity and respect to others

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1633 on: January 5, 2016, 11:40:48 pm »
Honestly think Pep will struggle in the premiership

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1634 on: January 5, 2016, 11:45:50 pm »
I don't recall saying that, but if I did, fair enough. Staying in Bayern is obviously a significantly easier job than Chelsea, but if he comes to England, City and Chelsea are clearly the two easiest jobs. The Man U job is a big one, regardless of how much they're threatening to spend.

Both Chelsea and Man City require minor surgery. If there are any troublesome characters in the dressing room, he'll bin them, and just throw money around to find a replacement(s).
Winning the league wont be a major achievement, but if he can get them competing in Europe, then that will be a success. With a midfield that is pretty average, especially with Toure aging - and a wobbly defence, I think we'll see how good he is. Hardest job for him yet.
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1635 on: January 6, 2016, 12:01:23 am »

Whys that?

Offline FinnanTastic

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1636 on: January 6, 2016, 12:15:32 am »
And why am I not surprised that some armchair fan would come out with something like that? Maybe it's because that we want to see a decent man treated decently, instead of like shit, as so many of our managers have been in the past?  :tosser

Dont be getting above your station, if a billionaire took over sunderland they would win the league. Can you not do the maths football club+ billionaire = Success , you dont think Silva , Aguero etc joined because yous are a renowned club do you ?

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1637 on: January 6, 2016, 01:04:32 am »

Steamroll it more like. City will dominate the league under him.

Only silver lining is he'll leave after at least 4 or 5 years max, as he has shown to stay for a short period at each club. He decided to ditch his boyhood club after 4 years, so he's sure not going to stay too long at City.

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1638 on: January 6, 2016, 01:06:38 am »
Dont be getting above your station, if a billionaire took over sunderland they would win the league. Can you not do the maths football club+ billionaire = Success , you dont think Silva , Aguero etc joined because yous are a renowned club do you ?
No I don't think that. I think they joined because we paid them well but also because they were also offered a compelling vision of where the club was going.

And last I looked, a billionaire does own Sunderland, one owns Villa and another owns Newcastle. They're also the 7th, 5th and 8th biggest spenders respectively since the PL started in 1992 and the first two are the 5th and 6th biggest spending clubs since 2003, only behind us, Chelsea, you and United. And both will be playing in the Championship next season in all probability. So it's not that easy really.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1639 on: January 6, 2016, 01:34:23 am »
I wonder how them Man City campaigns for Human Rights in Abu Dhabi are going?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.